What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can we discuss pet peeves here? (3 Viewers)

Return corral!  Thank you!   Turns out that's exactly what it's called.  :thumbup:    Now I can be more articulate about my pet peeve.  :)  

Yeah, that is not as bad because at least they made the effort, but it sounds like it's almost better that they didn't. 
I don't mean to toot my own horn, but the word choice "return corral" came from within.  Sound like I'm in sync with good people.

My neighbor, for some reason, doesn't seem to understand that a dog or some other animal strews out his garbage every f'n week because he doesn't secure the lid on his garbage can. Every f'n Friday I have to drive by his house, see his trash strewn all over the road. And of course the wind blows it into my yard.

Since he doesn't clean it up I have finally chosen to clean it up myself. Today I walked away with a trash-bag full of his crap.

I could understand a week or two. But every week? Have respect for your neighborhood!
Bad neighbor alert. Paging @Doctor Detroit

My neighbor, for some reason, doesn't seem to understand that a dog or some other animal strews out his garbage every f'n week because he doesn't secure the lid on his garbage can. Every f'n Friday I have to drive by his house, see his trash strewn all over the road. And of course the wind blows it into my yard.

Since he doesn't clean it up I have finally chosen to clean it up myself. Today I walked away with a trash-bag full of his crap.

I could understand a week or two. But every week? Have respect for your neighborhood!
We moved away from that neighbor two years ago.  Bliss.

I don't mean to toot my own horn, but the word choice "return corral" came from within.  Sound like I'm in sync with good people.
You and some others here may be interested in this.

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/anthropology-in-practice/follow-up-the-reasons-people-dont-return-their-shopping-carts/

This is a follow-up piece.  The original article - linked at the start of this one - isn't necessarily worth the read; it got a little too jargony for my taste.  (It also seemed to suggest that anyone returning carts is driven by a desire to fit in and conform to societal norms, instead of . . . well, frankly, just being a nice person regardless of what anyone else thinks and expecting nothing from it.)  But the follow-up piece, complete with comments from all sides of the "debate" reacting to the original article, is excellent.  Some of the cited comments are priceless, including at least one guy who employs some sort of pseudo-economic quasi-libertarian justification to explain why he - proudly! - doesn't return carts.  In the time it took him to type that, I wonder how many carts he could have put back.  

You and some others here may be interested in this.

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/anthropology-in-practice/follow-up-the-reasons-people-dont-return-their-shopping-carts/

This is a follow-up piece.  The original article - linked at the start of this one - isn't necessarily worth the read; it got a little too jargony for my taste.  (It also seemed to suggest that anyone returning carts is driven by a desire to fit in and conform to societal norms, instead of . . . well, frankly, just being a nice person regardless of what anyone else thinks and expecting nothing from it.)  But the follow-up piece, complete with comments from all sides of the "debate" reacting to the original article, is excellent.  Some of the cited comments are priceless, including at least one guy who employs some sort of pseudo-economic quasi-libertarian justification to explain why he - proudly! - doesn't return carts.  In the time it took him to type that, I wonder how many carts he could have put back.  
I miss the days when bag boys took your groceries out to your car.  Is "bag boys" politically incorrect now?

Last edited by a moderator:
Been thinking about this.  Can you get a dish drying rack that drains into the sink?  They have them on Amazon.  That would spare this annoyance.
Don't want to speak for his wife, but I doubt it.  I'm guessing his wife thinks she's doing the right thing by putting a freshly rinsed dish where the clear dishes go to dry.  She's not thinking ahead to someone else actually putting those away.

Just throw a handful of almonds in his yard the day before trash day. That will feed any hungry animals that would otherwise get into his trash. 

Mentioned several times in here, but pretty sure my daily commute and weekly trip to the grocery store are actively taking years off my life. Unreal how many stupid/oblivious people are allowed to mingle with the general public.

parasaurolophus said:
I still use cash for small purchases at a lot of places. If it looks sketchy or there isnt a chip reader and my purchase is less than 5 bucks i am likely paying cash. 
The best way not to get scammed is to not be swiping your card all over town. 

People who refuse to courtesy flush after dropping wolfbait.  How hard is it to flush the toilet?

I just went to the urinal in my office and the horrific smell hit me instantly once I opened the door.  It was one of those times where you can't open your mouth because you don't want to taste it and you hold your breathe as long as you can while you quickly try and pee.  Eventually I had to breathe and I think it took a few months off of my life.  For crying out loud flush the damn toilet!!!

People who refuse to courtesy flush after dropping wolfbait.  How hard is it to flush the toilet?

I just went to the urinal in my office and the horrific smell hit me instantly once I opened the door.  It was one of those times where you can't open your mouth because you don't want to taste it and you hold your breathe as long as you can while you quickly try and pee.  Eventually I had to breathe and I think it took a few months off of my life.  For crying out loud flush the damn toilet!!!
Was there gum in the urinal? 

Also, I've been in way more situations than you would expect where I enter a stall and someone somehow got #### onto the walls and/or outside of the toilet.  How is this even possible and why does it happen so often?

Don't Noonan said:

I courtesy flush all the time.  It's the respectful thing to do.  On a different note, my brother-in-law (from California), doesn't flush after one pee in the toilet.  Is that a California thing to save water?  When he visits and I go into the bathroom in the morning, I always have to flush his pee, which also has odor for those that don't know.

I courtesy flush all the time.  It's the respectful thing to do.  On a different note, my brother-in-law (from California), doesn't flush after one pee in the toilet.  Is that a California thing to save water?  When he visits and I go into the bathroom in the morning, I always have to flush his pee, which also has odor for those that don't know.
If it's yellow, let it mellow. If it's brown, flush it down.

Here is one that I get really annoyed with.  Calling a customer service rep about something and after they help me I say "Thank you so much for your help that is all I needed" and they proceed to say "Can I help you with anything else?"

:doh: . NO!

People that don't understand a YIELD sign does not mean you have the right of way.  An intersection by work where I am making a left hand turn.  Oncoming traffic has 3 lanes: left turn, straight and right turn.  The right turn has a YIELD sign.  From where I am, you can only make your left turn when you get a green arrow.  So as I go to make my turn, every morning I have cars in that lane almost hit me and lay on the horn as they just make their right turn without even touching their brakes. 

I hate people so much.  

People that don't understand a YIELD sign does not mean you have the right of way.  An intersection by work where I am making a left hand turn.  Oncoming traffic has 3 lanes: left turn, straight and right turn.  The right turn has a YIELD sign.  From where I am, you can only make your left turn when you get a green arrow.  So as I go to make my turn, every morning I have cars in that lane almost hit me and lay on the horn as they just make their right turn without even touching their brakes. 

I hate people so much.  
I've figured out that almost everything that goes wrong or that annoys me is due to other people.  That's my pet peeve.  Other People. 

I'm beginning to think that guy in the Twilight Zone episode who wished for this and ended up the sole survivor of a bombing was on to something.    

Scoresman said:
I've figured out that almost everything that goes wrong or that annoys me is due to other people.  That's my pet peeve.  Other People. 

I'm beginning to think that guy in the Twilight Zone episode who wished for this and ended up the sole survivor of a bombing was on to something.    
This times one gazillion.

I'm sure it's been mentioned in this thread more than once, but it's been happening to me multiple times per week for a month now.  These freaking telemarketers and their freaking "I'm calling about your vehicle's extended warranty" calls are driving me up the $@&%ing wall.  And they're spoofing somewhat local phone numbers to call me from. 

I'm a field service rep, travel all over two states to various places for work, so when I get a phone call that shows up from one of these two states (the one I live in and the one next to me), it may very well be a customer that I don't want to miss so I answer.  I've asked to be put on the Do Not Call list, I've told them I no longer own that vehicle (true), I've told them I have a company vehicle (also true) that I can't give them info on, I've told them that I lost my job and had to sell all my vehicles to afford to eat, I've kept them on the phone for 30 minutes pretending to be hard of hearing, I've pretended I don't speak English when they call, I've hung up on them, I've cussed them, I've begged and pleaded to please not call me anymore, I've pretended to be a business phone number, I've searched on the web how to get these to stop... I'm at the end of the rope with these #######s

I'm sure it's been mentioned in this thread more than once, but it's been happening to me multiple times per week for a month now.  These freaking telemarketers and their freaking "I'm calling about your vehicle's extended warranty" calls are driving me up the $@&%ing wall.  And they're spoofing somewhat local phone numbers to call me from. 

I'm a field service rep, travel all over two states to various places for work, so when I get a phone call that shows up from one of these two states (the one I live in and the one next to me), it may very well be a customer that I don't want to miss so I answer.  I've asked to be put on the Do Not Call list, I've told them I no longer own that vehicle (true), I've told them I have a company vehicle (also true) that I can't give them info on, I've told them that I lost my job and had to sell all my vehicles to afford to eat, I've kept them on the phone for 30 minutes pretending to be hard of hearing, I've pretended I don't speak English when they call, I've hung up on them, I've cussed them, I've begged and pleaded to please not call me anymore, I've pretended to be a business phone number, I've searched on the web how to get these to stop... I'm at the end of the rope with these #######s
You could just buy the warranty and I bet the calls would stop. 😎

TheIronSheik said:

I hate people so much.  
Yield signs are a lot of fun at roundabout entrances. Like the Dukes of Hazzard I tell ya.

Scoresman said:

Plus it's much easier to get a good parking space.

I don't think I'm getting car warranty calls, but I sure do get a lot of calls for home improvement services.  And apparently the guy who had my number before me was a total loser because he has bill collectors up my ###.  

Really, do I sound like a "Mr. Pena"?

LEAVE ME ALONE.

when people say "why did you ask that question?" 

because

1) if i don't ask that question you're going to ask "why didn't you ask that question" if/when something goes wrong.

2) that's how you learn, by askin'. i like to learn so i'm askin'.

Why can't diners properly cook an egg "over medium"? Do they not have enough practice? It gets served over easy 100% of the time.
Oh man. Scrambled eggs also.

Some cooks think scrambled eggs mean: Dump the eggs on the griddle, then fold them over.

That ain't scrambled eggs people. They should be fluffy and moist and oh so good. Not a ####### omelette without any filling. 

I have actually started to enjoy these calls now. These people are soulless scam artists and I despise them.This video makes me laugh since her fake name is not far from the fake name I use and the whole "got cut out" routine as well as playing dumb. 

Start talking dirty to them like your a phone sex line.

Users who are viewing this thread