Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
fantasycurse42

Can we discuss pet peeves here?

I call someone and get their voicemail so I leave a message.

Them: Did you need something, was it important?

Me: Yes, that's why I left you a message.

Them: I saw you left a message but didn't play it, what did you want?

I have one friend that does this about 70% of the time and another 10% of the time he calls back as I'm leaving the message.

People like you who leave messages :wall:

I saw you called. I'll call you back. If you have a message for me, send a text.

Pick up the GD phone. If I call I want to talk.

You're not important enough for me to answer.

I have one friend that does this about 70% of the time and another 10% of the time he calls back as I'm leaving the message.

I saw you called. I'll call you back. If you have a message for me, send a text.

Then why do I have your number?

To make you feel special.

Standers at sporting events........If we all just remain seated we will see just fine and be more comfortable.

Disagree. This is a life saver at Talledega Race track when the beer starts flowing freely through the urinary tract. A painfully slow butt-to-face shuffle to reach the end of the row turns into a moon walk along the bleacher seats.

To make you feel special.

You've been around here long enough to know I don't need any help in that department.

• Like 1

Standers at sporting events........If we all just remain seated we will see just fine and be more comfortable.

Disagree. This is a life saver at Talledega Race track when the beer starts flowing freely through the urinary tract. A painfully slow butt-to-face shuffle to reach the end of the row turns into a moon walk along the bleacher seats.

Get an aisle seat.

Get an aisle seat.

Or hell, it's a race. Just piss down the bleachers.

Stocking caps

When it's 85 out

Parents calling kids by their middle name. If you wanted to call them that, just make it their actual name.

People at sporting events who yell at me for standing on a crucial 3rd down play in the 4th quarter.

Public sinks with the push down timed water... Fine, you want to make sure I don't waste water, whatever... But at least let it be longer then 3 seconds. I used a sink and had to press the thing down 6 times. I need more than a quick mist to wash my hands.

People who drive all of the way up the line of stopped traffic to try and cut in line. And then they get mad at the people who won't let them in.

• Like 4

why not just stay home and watch on tv? avoid all the discomfort of leaving your recliner.

#######s that see the elevator door is less than a foot from closing and use their foot to trigger the sensor so they can make it on. #### you, #######. Maybe if you weren't 80 pounds overweight you could've made it to the elevator before it was pretty much closed. Maybe the stairs would be good for you? It is only 3 stories. Now I have to wait for the damn elevator door to re-open and for you to waddle your slow overweight ### over to the buttons. #### you.

Edited by Bucky86

people who give you the finger because you utilized your horn to notify them the light changed to green.

Around these parts, it's practially unheard of to honk at someone for any reason whatsoever. Which makes it so much more effective. The startled "Holy **** someone just honked at me" look in people's eyes when I give them a horn to wake them up at a light is priceless.

#######s that see the elevator door is less than a foot from closing and use their foot to trigger the sensor so they can make it on. #### you, #######. Maybe if you weren't 80 pounds overweight you could've made it to the elevator before it was pretty much closed. Maybe the stairs would be good for you? It is only 3 stories. Now I have to wait for the damn elevator door to re-open and for you to waddle your slow overweight ### over to the buttons. #### you.

Funny coming from the guy who says drivers should stop getting upset because bikers slow them down. :lol:

Funny coming from the guy who says drivers should stop getting upset because bikers slow them down. :lol:
Bike and you may lose some weight.

Huh? I think the ####ers on the elevator that don't try and keep it open if they see someone coming are the bigger #######s. And if I see you look at me and make no attempt to try and hold the door and I happen to make it on, I'm pressing a few extra buttons on accident.

Have a nice day.

Edited by gianmarco

Huh? I think the ####ers on the elevator that don't try and keep it open if they see someone coming are the bigger #######s. And if I see you look at me and make no attempt to try and hold the door and I happen to make it on, I'm pressing a few extra buttons on accident.

Have a nice day.

So. When someone is on the elevator and couldn't have possibly seen someone coming down the hallway since, you know, elevators don't have windows is supposed to open the elevator door? Got it.

Have a splendid weekend

Have a nice day.

So. When someone is on the elevator and couldn't have possibly seen someone coming down the hallway since, you know, elevators don't have windows is supposed to open the elevator door? Got it.

Have a splendid weekend

Try and reread the bolded since you clearly didn't really understand what I said based on your response about elevators and windows and whatever else that was supposed to mean.

Also, why does it matter if they try to get on when the door is almost closed? So if they try and get on 2 seconds earlier, it's fine, but after 2 more seconds, they should wait for another elevator just so you don't have to wait for the doors to reopen? What kind of arrogant nonsense is that?

Edited by gianmarco

People who drive all of the way up the line of stopped traffic to try and cut in line. And then they get mad at the people who won't let them in.

Or those that are in the left lane and pull WAY past the big, gigantic, obvious to anyone not blind huge white stripe so that no one can possibly see around them to make a right on red. Of course, these people are inviarably driving there van big enough to fit a World Cup team or the pickup that could haul the contents of an entire grocery store.

Edited by TxBuckeye

Have a nice day.

Have a splendid weekend

Try and reread the bolded since you clearly didn't really understand what I said based on your response about elevators and windows and whatever else that was supposed to mean.

Also, why does it matter if they try to get on when the door is almost closed? So if they try and get on 2 seconds earlier, it's fine, but after 2 more seconds, they should wait for another elevator just so you don't have to wait for the doors to reopen? What kind of arrogant nonsense is that?

I value my time more than yours. Ever see Changing Lanes?!?!?!?!!?

Edited by Bucky86

People constantly saying "the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results".

:grad:

• Like 1

People constantly saying "the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results".

What if I only say it every once in a while?

Better than bad is still bad.

Maybe, maybe not.

Maybe, maybe not.

As long as you reference it as Einstein's definition, I won't harp on ya for it.

When athletes are refered to by their first name only. For example LeBron, Carmelo, Kobe...

When athletes are refered to by their first name only. For example LeBron, Carmelo, Kobe...

Whatever, David.

people who give you the finger because you utilized your horn to notify them the light changed to green.

Which is why whenever this happens to me, I like to wink and blow them a kiss, or if they're hot, flick my tongue provocatively.

Hey you, the idiot at the front of the line with 7 people behind you... Do you really need to stand there flipping through your ####### circular to save 22 cents on a 24 pack of pocket tissues... Here is a ####### quarter, lets go!!!!!!!!

Edited by fantasycurse42

Shark Pool in September.

Who is going to roll out Bernard Pierce against Buffalo?

I'm going to trott out Peyton Manning this weekend.

I was planning on plugging in Julio Jones against NE.

What did we learn in week 1? I'll start... Eddie Lacy sucks.

1. Please wring out the damn sponge. If you let it sit wet it will get all rank smelling;

2. Please use your turning signal when closely moving in front of me or turning in front of me.

3. Don't give my things to charity before asking e whether I still want them...

4. Please make sure the front door is securely closed when you leave it.

5. TP should be set up so it flows from the top, not the bottom.

1. Please wring out the damn sponge. If you let it sit wet it will get all rank smelling;

2. Please use your turning signal when closely moving in front of me or turning in front of me.

3. Don't give my things to charity before asking e whether I still want them...

4. Please make sure the front door is securely closed when you leave it.

5. TP should be set up so it flows from the top, not the bottom.

ahhhhh.... matrimony.

eta: oh- people using ####### giant umbrellas on city sidewalks- looking at you FC.

;)

Edited by El Floppo

Which is why whenever this happens to me, I like to wink and blow them a kiss, or if they're hot, flick my tongue provocatively.

Ugh. We have a sign where I live that looks like a No Turn On Red sign but is actually a weird sign directing people to stop at the traffic line.

Getting flicked off happens to me twice a week from people traveling through the area that don't live here. I've stopped beeping and just decided to wait. People get all sorts of upset when you start gesticulating at them and the sign.

Edited by rockaction

People that say "flicked off" instead of "flipped off".

What if I'm discussing my actions after picking my nose?

People that beep as soon as the light turns green

Not going as soon as the light turns green.

• Like 1

People who say "like" in every sentence and sometimes multiple times in one sentence. I took my granddaughter to softball practice the other day with one of her classmates (both are 14), and I swear I counted 74 "likes" from her friend in the 10 minute drive to practice. I won't let my granddaughter talk that way in my presence. I can tolerate it from a 14 year old (other than my granddaughter) since I don't have to communicate with them much, but hearing it from so called educated adults is sad. How do these people find jobs? I guess those who are interviewing them also say "like" a lot, LOL. It gets to the point where all you listen for is "like" instead of what they are trying to say to you.

I did a "Like" for this post.

• People who, when you're in a conversation with them about something in which you're talking about something that happened to you, invariably turn it around to themselves; "Oh, yeah, right! And when it happened to me..."

People who always have to have the last text, last email, last word.

People who don't use their directionals. I feel I should have the right to carry and use a weapon to shoot out the headlight/tail light that they didn't use, since they don't seem to need it.

People, and this mostly applies to the work setting, who feel compelled to cc everyone in the world when the issue can/should be able to be resolved between the two of you. Hey #######, did you really have to cc your boss, my boss and their bosses to ask why the meeting can't be changed from 2:00 to 3:00?

People who, when they're going from an on-ramp on a highway onto the highway feel compelled to put on their left directional. Hey dude, what else were you going to do?

• People who, when you're in a conversation with them about something in which you're talking about something that happened to you, invariably turn it around to themselves; "Oh, yeah, right! And when it happened to me..."
  • People who always have to have the last text, last email, last word.
  • People who don't use their directionals. I feel I should have the right to carry and use a weapon to shoot out the headlight/tail light that they didn't use, since they don't seem to need it.
  • People, and this mostly applies to the work setting, who feel compelled to cc everyone in the world when the issue can/should be able to be resolved between the two of you. Hey #######, did you really have to cc your boss, my boss and their bosses to ask why the meeting can't be changed from 2:00 to 3:00?
  • People who, when they're going from an on-ramp on a highway onto the highway feel compelled to put on their left directional. Hey dude, what else were you going to do?

Technically it's the law to put on your left turn signal when entering the highway from an on-ramp. I agree with the other bullet items.

Edited by JohnnyU

• People who, when they're going from an on-ramp on a highway onto the highway feel compelled to put on their left directional. Hey dude, what else were you going to do?

I actually do this to let people know I'm not yielding and I'm merging into traffic. :bag:

Have a nice day.

Have a splendid weekend

What I don't like about lack of elevator etiquette, are those who are waiting to get on the elevator and when the door opens they get in the way of those trying to exit the elevator. These idiots should wait for everyone to leave the elevator before trying to get on. The door won't close on them if others are still exiting for crying out loud!!

• People who don't use their directionals. I feel I should have the right to carry and use a weapon to shoot out the headlight/tail light that they didn't use, since they don't seem to need it.

This seems like an odd combination of peeves.