Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
fantasycurse42

Can we discuss pet peeves here?

10 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Say what now? I'm leaving the message it's because that's the time I have available to give you the information. If you're expecting me to drop what I'm doing when you call just because that time was more convenient to YOU, then...well it's rude.

And it's easier to speak what you're explaining than it is to write it out. (Well sometimes, when it's more complex than a sentence or two).

Of course, if I've asked you for something then I'll take a voicemail.  But don't leave me voicemails that are 2 minutes long about something that isn't a top priority.  Send me an email.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, xulf said:

I get people who email me and tell me to call them...that they are in the office all morning.  They give no actual reason about the call...just I should call them.

Why dont you try calling me instead of asking me to call you then get gate kept because I dont know the purpose of the call?

I always play incompetent and respond to the email with "can you let me know what you want to talk about so I can be prepared to answer questions" or something to that effect.  Most of the time they'll take the bait and ask the question, which I will then answer in the email.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bull Dozier said:

I always play incompetent and respond to the email with "can you let me know what you want to talk about so I can be prepared to answer questions" or something to that effect.  Most of the time they'll take the bait and ask the question, which I will then answer in the email.

That's good thinking

• Thanks 1

Just to encapsulate a running theme here, people are really dumb.  Got out of jury duty today and it was like a day and a half of just shaking my head at people.  Wow. 

• Sad 1

Driving 40 in a 55 zone on a two lane road with little to no opportunity to pass. That and trains at rush hour are grinding my gears today.

Edited by Osaurus

57 minutes ago, Osaurus said:

Driving 40 in a 55 zone on a two lane road with little to no opportunity to pass. That and trains at rush hour are grinding my gears today.

I swear in my area people can only drive one speed. They either want to go 40 in a 25 zone or 40 in a 55 zone.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Leroy Hoard said:

I swear in my area people can only drive one speed. They either want to go 40 in a 25 zone or 40 in a 55 zone.

I know, for me at least, I am satisfied going the speed limit nowadays.  I've been in too many accidents, seen too many others.  Just not worth it.  Do I get frustrated when some doofus is going 25 in a 45 or is slow off the line?  Yeah, sometimes.  But now, especially on my way to and from work... man, I just chill.  Go the speed limit.  You'll get there when you get there.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, nirad3 said:

I know, for me at least, I am satisfied going the speed limit nowadays.  I've been in too many accidents, seen too many others.  Just not worth it.  Do I get frustrated when some doofus is going 25 in a 45 or is slow off the line?  Yeah, sometimes.  But now, especially on my way to and from work... man, I just chill.  Go the speed limit.  You'll get there when you get there.

And it still beats taking the bus.

Just now, Leroy Hoard said:

And it still beats taking the bus.

Oi vey.  I think I rode the bus to the beach once and was like f this.  Public transportation in SoCal is the biggest joke evah.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, nirad3 said:

Oi vey.  I think I rode the bus to the beach once and was like f this.  Public transportation in SoCal is the biggest joke evah.

I'm guessing you've never been to Houston.

20 hours ago, Mrs. Rannous said:

I'm guessing you've never been to Houston.

I have, but mostly traveled through as quickly as possible.

I'll add one. Flew out this weekend. Got to the gate and saw lots of people standing or sitting on the floor. Then noted it was mostly due to the massive amount of seating being taken up by some dooshes book bag, backpack, etc. I was totally flumoxed by the thought that these people felt it was much more important that their book bag have a seat than the guy and his wife that were now forced to sit on the floor. To summarize, people suck.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, DallasDMac said:

I'll add one. Flew out this weekend. Got to the gate and saw lots of people standing or sitting on the floor. Then noted it was mostly due to the massive amount of seating being taken up by some dooshes book bag, backpack, etc. I was totally flumoxed by the thought that these people felt it was much more important that their book bag have a seat than the guy and his wife that were now forced to sit on the floor. To summarize, people suck.

Add the Group 6, 7, 8, and 9 passengers who stand right in front of the gate when Group 1 has just been called.

• Like 3

On 10/10/2019 at 4:00 PM, nirad3 said:

Not much better in pretty much every part of California (Bay Area isn’t tertible).

Our local bus system (the GET bus) is terrible.  And not to be an elitist but the clientele is 90% sketchy AF.

I’ve always liked this joke:

Why do you have to stop when passengers get off a school bus but not a GET bus?

Passengers on a school bus have potential.

On 8/25/2019 at 11:34 AM, jhib said:

If I'm overpaying for B&J's, I'd rather not use a dixie cup spoon to eat it.

Punctuation and context are important here 

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

16 hours ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

Not much better in pretty much every part of California (Bay Area isn’t tertible).

Our local bus system (the GET bus) is terrible.  And not to be an elitist but the clientele is 90% sketchy AF.

I’ve always liked this joke:

Why do you have to stop when passengers get off a school bus but not a GET bus?

Passengers on a school bus have potential.

I lived in the Bay Area for a couple years; yes the system up there is WAY better than down this way.

Dooshes that swing into your lane when making a turn.  This is especially common when someone is making a left from a protected lane... they'll veer into the lane to the right (which I'm in, of course), making it necessary to either brake or change lanes to the right to avoid a sideswipe.

Just another example of "people suck" and/or "it's their world, we just happen to live in it".

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, nirad3 said:

Dooshes that swing into your lane when making a turn.  This is especially common when someone is making a left from a protected lane... they'll veer into the lane to the right (which I'm in, of course), making it necessary to either brake or change lanes to the right to avoid a sideswipe.

Just another example of "people suck" and/or "it's their world, we just happen to live in it".

So true. If you can't negotiate the turn without using someone elses lane, you shouldn't be driving.

On the same note ... people on the highway that are exiting that do not use the lane provided for said exit.

They slow down in the travel lane with their directional on making everyone behind them slow down. 

Then they move about halfway into the exit lane but still not enough for you to get around them.  Wish I had a train horn installed for those occasions.

• Like 2

I'm not a big Facebook user but one thing I'm noticing that really bothers me for some reason ...

Why do people need to send wishes to people they live with and see every day?

... wish their spouse "Happy Anniversary Babe ... you're the best ever, my whole world, bla, bla, bla" 

"Happy 16th bday to my wonderful son Timmy. You're the best son a mother could ask for, bla, bla, bla"

If you live with that person why not just tell them face to face when you see them? Do you need to advertise it on FB for some reason?

or Is it just me?

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Bossman said:

I'm not a big Facebook user but one thing I'm noticing that really bothers me for some reason ...

... wish their spouse "Happy Anniversary Babe ... you're the best ever, my whole world, bla, bla, bla" 

"Happy 16th bday to my wonderful son Timmy. You're the best son a mother could ask for, bla, bla, bla"

If you live with that person why not just tell them face to face when you see them? Do you need to advertise it on FB for some reason?

or Is it just me?

My wife does this and it DRIVES ME INSANE and to top it off - I'm NOT EVEN ON FACEBOOK.

So she wishes me happy birthday on her facebook page.... WHY!@#?!@?!@#?

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2

45 minutes ago, Bossman said:

or Is it just me?

Meh... I get what you're saying, also get why people do this- To publicly celebrate their SO. Doesn't bother me...especially since I haven't looked at FB in a couple years.

21 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

Meh... I get what you're saying, also get why people do this- To publicly celebrate their SO. Doesn't bother me...especially since I haven't looked at FB in a couple years.

Married women with hot single girlfriends never stop playing their trump card.

• Laughing 1

People that use acronyms or abbreviations followed immediately by also saying what it means. 

Just heard a guy refer to allen robinson as a-rob, but then also said his full name right after. 

Damon Amendolara refers to himself as "DA, Damon Amendolara" 

On 10/16/2019 at 1:28 PM, El Floppo said:

Yep, it's to make everyone think their life is great. I know of at least 2 marriages that is doing pretty poorly, but all their social media posts are about how happy they are.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, EYLive said:

Yep, it's to make everyone think their life is great. I know of at least 2 marriages that is doing pretty poorly, but all their social media posts are about how happy they are.

Huh...not where I was going with my post, but I see your point.

For me, it's a way of letting your SO know that you celebrate them publicly in front of your community...especially on special occasions. Doesn't have to be so miserable as you're painting it there, even if that might occasionally be the case.

21 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

Huh...not where I was going with my post, but I see your point.

For me, it's a way of letting your SO know that you celebrate them publicly in front of your community...especially on special occasions. Doesn't have to be so miserable as you're painting it there, even if that might occasionally be the case.

I believe that most people post sincerely to celebrate their family. But in my wife's social circles, I observe a lot of fakeness.

39 minutes ago, EYLive said:

Couples that really have it going don't always have time to post about it.

Another driving one..... morons who drive in the middle of an unstriped residential street.  Yo, d00sh, there is enough room for cars parked on either side of the street and for cars to go in both directions.  Why are you driving in the middle of the street?  This is a huge annoyance right now.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nirad3 said:

Another driving one..... morons who drive in the middle of an unstriped residential street.  Yo, d00sh, there is enough room for cars parked on either side of the street and for cars to go in both directions.  Why are you driving in the middle of the street?  This is a huge annoyance right now.

that's why chicken was invented

On 10/6/2019 at 1:11 PM, mr. furley said:

owners of small or toy dogs that pick them up

STOP IT

the reason they snarl, bark and shiver is that they aren't socialized because you're picking them up. let the ####ing dog socialize with other dogs and it will be fine. dogs figure it out on their own.

my medium sized terrier with a ball in its mouth, shaking her tail so hard that her entire back half is wiggling is not a threat to your 2 lb toy pomeranian. your dog was wagging its tail, bouncing around and looking excited until you scooped it up in a panic, started backing up and whining about the dog needing to calm down.

it wasn't until the dog was clutched to your chest, with your voice cracking in fear that your dog started snarling, barking and flipping out. YOU MADE THE DOG THIS WAY. 

ran in to a new one on Saturday

there's a park across the street from my house that's essentially the local dog park, sans fences. everyone runs their dogs there. lots of people out for walks, pass through and let theirs off leash to roam & sniff the other dogs, etc.

out Saturday for our daily walk.. mine has a ball she will not drop unless i show her that i'm throwing another ball or handing her a treat. if she has a ball gripped in her mouth, forget it. she's not giving it up. she sniffs other dogs with the ball in her mouth and if they try grabbing at it she just trots off.

never had a single problem with her.

lady across the way is walking a beautiful spaniel. bigger than my dog. hers is on a leash. mine is not. my dog trots off to go greet her dog.  both dogs butts are wagging so hard that they could tip over. all signs say this meet & greet won't be a problem at all.

mine gets within... 30 feet give or take and the lady stops, immediately pulls hard on her dog's leash, orders it to sit and steps in front of her dog. as i'm trailing to catch up to mine and say hello she yells "my dog is a great dog off leash! but she gets scared when she's on her leash!"

uhhh... huh?

my dog keeps trotting on anyways and starts to sniff her dog.. her dog looks totally happy and playful but this lady is jerking at the leash and shouting that it's not safe, that her dog is aggressive when on leash and she thinks i should run over and grab my dog asap.  so i hasten the pace to make her feel better. meanwhile the dogs are flopping around like two idiots, sniffing each other and wagging their tails while this lady continues trying to wrangle her very happy, friendly dog.

i clicked my dog's leash which to her means, turn and come to me. she turned and came right to me. the lady stormed off in a huff, trying to drag her 80+lb dog with her.

lady.. it's you who is the problem. stop being the problem.

18 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

ran in to a new one on Saturday

there's a park across the street from my house that's essentially the local dog park, sans fences. everyone runs their dogs there. lots of people out for walks, pass through and let theirs off leash to roam & sniff the other dogs, etc.

out Saturday for our daily walk.. mine has a ball she will not drop unless i show her that i'm throwing another ball or handing her a treat. if she has a ball gripped in her mouth, forget it. she's not giving it up. she sniffs other dogs with the ball in her mouth and if they try grabbing at it she just trots off.

never had a single problem with her.

lady across the way is walking a beautiful spaniel. bigger than my dog. hers is on a leash. mine is not. my dog trots off to go greet her dog.  both dogs butts are wagging so hard that they could tip over. all signs say this meet & greet won't be a problem at all.

mine gets within... 30 feet give or take and the lady stops, immediately pulls hard on her dog's leash, orders it to sit and steps in front of her dog. as i'm trailing to catch up to mine and say hello she yells "my dog is a great dog off leash! but she gets scared when she's on her leash!"

uhhh... huh?

my dog keeps trotting on anyways and starts to sniff her dog.. her dog looks totally happy and playful but this lady is jerking at the leash and shouting that it's not safe, that her dog is aggressive when on leash and she thinks i should run over and grab my dog asap.  so i hasten the pace to make her feel better. meanwhile the dogs are flopping around like two idiots, sniffing each other and wagging their tails while this lady continues trying to wrangle her very happy, friendly dog.

i clicked my dog's leash which to her means, turn and come to me. she turned and came right to me. the lady stormed off in a huff, trying to drag her 80+lb dog with her.

lady.. it's you who is the problem. stop being the problem.

Huh. She's doing what she can to protect your dog from an unknown danger she seems to know something about...but yeah, #### her.

On 10/18/2019 at 1:13 PM, nirad3 said:

:shrug:

I give a wide berth because I want to be able to see kids and pets that might run out in front of a parked car.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

Huh. She's doing what she can to protect your dog from an unknown danger she seems to know something about...but yeah, #### her.

i see what you're saying but that dog gave absolutely no indication whatsoever of fear, aggression or concern. and if the dog behaves off leash..... but has a problem on it, then either (1) let the dog off leash or (2) figure out why it's only trouble when on a leash.

my money is on the lady being the problem and not the dog

36 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

:shrug:

I give a wide berth because I want to be able to see kids and pets that might run out in front of a parked car.

Being in the middle of the road gives you a better vantage point to see that kind of thing?  I don't think so.  But OK, continue to play chicken and make me swerve.

24 minutes ago, nirad3 said:

Being in the middle of the road gives you a better vantage point to see that kind of thing?  I don't think so.  But OK, continue to play chicken and make me swerve.

Yes. How fast are you going that causes you to have to swerve?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Christo said:

Yes. How fast are you going that causes you to have to swerve?

At or below the speed limit if it's a residential street.  Usually below.  I'm not sure y'all are understanding.  If someone is driving in the middle of the street, it forces the person coming the other way to have to move/drive way over to the right, where there are typically some cars parked.  Thus forcing said driver to have to slow down to let the person pass before continuing.

Do you walk down the middle of a sidewalk or keep to the right so people can walk the opposing way?

Just now, nirad3 said:

At or below the speed limit if it's a residential street.  Usually below.  I'm not sure y'all are understanding.  If someone is driving in the middle of the street, it forces the person coming the other way to have to move/drive way over to the right, where there are typically some cars parked.  Thus forcing said driver to have to slow down to let the person pass before continuing.

Do you walk down the middle of a sidewalk or keep to the right so people can walk the opposing way?

I don't see the comparison. Depending on the size of the sidewalk and where I intend to go, I might walk down the left, right, or middle. If I'm driving down the middle of a residential street with no middle line and a car starts to approach I will move to the right so we can pass each other.

Maybe you should to amend your OP to say drivers who drive down the middle of a residential street who don't move to the right when I am approaching so we can pass each other making me pull to the side and wait for them to pass. I could get onboard with that.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Christo said:

I don't see the comparison. Depending on the size of the sidewalk and where I intend to go, I might walk down the left, right, or middle. If I'm driving down the middle of a residential street with no middle line and a car starts to approach I will move to the right so we can pass each other.

Maybe you should to amend your OP to say drivers who drive down the middle of a residential street who don't move to the right when I am approaching so we can pass each other making me pull to the side and wait for them to pass. I could get onboard with that.

That's exactly what I'm saying.  I thought I was clear in my OP but maybe not.  :shrug:

7 minutes ago, nirad3 said:
24 minutes ago, Christo said:

That's exactly what I'm saying.  I thought I was clear in my OP but maybe not.  :shrug:

I've never encountered a driver who was driving (partly) on the wrong side of the road and refused to move back into his lane. Do you live in some sort of Mad Max postapocalyptic suburb?

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Just now, [scooter] said:

I've never encountered a driver who was driving (partly) on the wrong side of the road and refused to move back into his lane. Do you live in some sort of Mad Max postapocalyptic suburb?

usually it's someone on their gawdamn phone  😡

The old school Do Not Disturb door hangers that hang on hotel door handles that slide off every time you leave your room. 

• Like 5
  • Laughing 2

2 hours ago, General Malaise said:

Why do grown--ups refer to their pets as their "fur babies"?  That's so weird.  

This is how I know that there is no god.  If there was, he would immediately strike down anyone who ever uttered or typed the words fur baby.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, belljr said:

I thought it meant Vagina...

Nothing wrong with a pet beaver. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leroy Hoard said:

Nothing wrong with a pet beaver. 

May have confused it with fur burger....nm

55 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

They seriously treat it like a one-way street and just head right down the middle of the street, yup.  Not a one-time occurrence and happens in not just my tract.  See it everywhere.  Morons.

1 hour ago, belljr said:

I thought it meant Vagina...

What, you mean bottom?

• Thinking 1