Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
fantasycurse42

Can we discuss pet peeves here?

6 hours ago, parasaurolophus said:

Fans with whistles at sporting events. Why do stadiums allow this? 

Remember vuvuzelas?  Who the hell thinks that's a good idea?

14 minutes ago, Mrs. Rannous said:

Like a horde of locusts. Break those things over their heads.

4 hours ago, Mrs. Rannous said:

Sure, those are definitely annoying, but whistles are actually part of the game. Fans blowing whistles are annoying and can cause an actual misdirection. 

OK, I like to post 'em while they're fresh so... Went to see Midway tonight. Movie scheduled to start at 7:15. I know to expect previews and all but, previews until 7:45. THIRTY #######g minutes. When did this crap start? Used to be you could count on 15 minutes. 30 minutes of previews is absolutely ludicrous.

• Like 5

The plastic bags at Aldi feel like they’re coated in dust.

People on Facebook who fall for and propagate the "copy/paste this post and get a free XXXX".

People on Facebook.

People.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Keerock said:

People on Facebook who fall for and propagate the "copy/paste this post and get a free XXXX".

People on Facebook.

People.

Facebook

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

D bags that post picks of their thermometers from Florida

"Look everyone..its 75 degrees today in Old Lady land Florida.  Hope you are enjoying it in Michigan today"

My aunt does this EVERY YEAR.   Last year, she was close, very close, to being wiped out by hurricane Dorian..I very much wanted to post a picture of a blue sky and calm winds then, just to remind HER about how much nicer is is in Michigan during hurricane season, but I did not.

Still..cut it out lady

Edited by supermike80
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 11/8/2019 at 8:22 PM, Man of Constant Sorrow said:

We have em in Louisville. 

Unfortunately, I know their commercial song by heart. 

sing it for us.

hi.

• Thinking 1

2 hours ago, supermike80 said:

"Look everyone..its 75 degrees today in Old Lady land Florida.  Hope you are enjoying it in Michigan today"

My aunt does this EVERY YEAR.   Last year, she was close, very close, to being wiped out by hurricane Dorian..I very much wanted to post a picture of a blue sky and calm winds then, just to remind HER about how much nicer is is in Michigan during hurricane season, but I did not.

Still..cut it out lady

Good post. 

2 hours ago, supermike80 said:

Still..cut it out lady

I don’t mind. It’ll be 100 with 90% humidity there come summer. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, supermike80 said:

Still..cut it out lady

Just as good as my BIL that does this from his house in CA. Of course he has to be careful of the angle so you can't see the flames licking at his back fence.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, urbanhack said:
On 11/8/2019 at 11:22 PM, Man of Constant Sorrow said:

We have em in Louisville. 

Unfortunately, I know their commercial song by heart. 

sing it for us.

hi.

heya urb.

Imma not your all sing'n all danc'n crap o the world ...

However, stay tuned ... ;)

The guy on the highway who pulls into the left lane at 50 mph as you were traveling at 80 mph, forcing you to jam on the brakes.  Then, as he looks into the mirror for the first time to see you next to his bumper that you just narrowly avoided running into, he throws up his hands in anger because you are riding his bumper. :rant:

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

The guy on the highway who pulls into the left lane at 50 mph as you were traveling at 80 mph, forcing you to jam on the brakes.  Then, as he looks into the mirror for the first time to see you next to his bumper that you just narrowly avoided running into, he throws up his hands in anger because you are riding his bumper. :rant:

AND THEN HE DOESNT ACTUALLY PASS ANYONE

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Here’s a couple of driving ones I have. Sorry if they’ve been posted before. 

#1. I’m on a 2 lane road, double line (so no passing) wanting to get home after a long day but there’s one guy going way slower than I want to. Me being the nice guy I am, does not ride his bumper but resigns myself to this speed and backs off 3-4 car lengths or more. Now another car suddenly comes from behind and gets 2 feet off my back bumper as if I’m the freaking problem. 

#2.  I barely miss getting through a green light so I have to patiently sit there through a whole light cycle waiting my turn. Light finally turns after 2-3 minutes and 2 seconds after it turns a car goes speeding through a red light. So not only did I wait that whole time, I also get to fear my life when I finally get to go. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Had somebody do something stupid on the bike path commute this morning... relying on me to be extra aware and deal with it safely. Sadly, like all commutes, to be expected. 

And while I appreciate any sign of contrition, my peeve is when the person doing something stupid then doubles down and freaks out at you for being safe (honking, hitting the brakes, giving a shout). My guy this morning flipped me off and then started swearing at me. That's the kind of #### that sticks in my craw. On national kindness day, of all days.

I could easily create a top 20 for driving pet peeves.

• Like 1

People that consistently live off of excuses.  

I don't care.  You didn't get it done.  You didn't call.  You didn't text.  You didn't show up.

I don't give a #### why when there is pattern.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, urbanhack said:

I don't care.  You didn't get it done.  You didn't call.  You didn't text.  You didn't show up.

Dude!

I'm still workin' on that Convenient Jingle you requested. It's only been a day. And I broke a guitar string too!

• Laughing 1

I hate when basketball announcers make the same dumb tired comments about free throws.

55 seconds left in Marquette game. Purdue guy drives in for a layup. He gets fouled, misses the layup. Announcer says this is the best case scenario for Purdue because they get an opportunity to score with the clock stopped.

Listen bucko, It is actually the third best outcome. #1. Make the layup and get fouled. #2. Make layup and not get fouled. #3. Miss layup but get fouled. 

In all three scenarios THE CLOCK STOPS. 

Reminds me of when Madden used to say that the change of possession was like an extra time out. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Say thank you when I hold the door for you, even a quick "thanks".

Or even a nod or smile. 

If someone is particularly rude, I'll offer them a you're welcome as they push past me.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Drunken knight said:

I could easily create a top 20 for driving pet peeves.

I’ll give a couple more. 

1.  When cars are stopped at a light and have big gaps between them when if everyone pulled in closer it would help out someone behind. (Give them room to turn right or get in the turning lane, etc.)

2. Driving down a two lane road with no turn lane. Someone going the opposite way wants to turn left and there’s plenty of time but they just sit there and hold a bunch of others up while I’m driving along thinking you could’ve made that twice and no way I’d ever have hit you in a million years. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

Or even a nod or smile. 

If someone is particularly rude, I'll offer them a you're welcome as they push past me.

Like at a drive through. Pay your money, they give you your order, and they don't say a flippin word.   Lovely

The other day I was grabbing breakfast out of town and ordered in the drive thru. It’s one of those zipper multi-lane ordering queues and some lady and I were ready to move forward at the same time. I gestured to her to proceed. No big deal. Guy behind her thinks this is a free pass and proceeds to advance in a somewhat aggressive manner (I mean we’re in a drive thru lane). I just glare at him and start rolling forward, WTF? The moral of this story is to be courteous to others. The lady I let go in front of me bought my breakfast. A very nice gesture imo, but common courtesy shouldn’t be so rare it deserves a reward.  I didn’t buy the tool behind me breakfast.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Hate when I am obviously just standing in the doorway holding the door for the next person to grab the door and they just try to squeeze by me. 

1 hour ago, supermike80 said:

This just happened to me.

Leaving a restaurant, double door entrance, I see the dude coming thru the first door, I hold the second door open that I was coming thru ...

guy just walks in, head down, doesn't even acknowledge me standing there holding his door. 

I wish there were some way to tell who the dooches were so I could avoid being courteous to them.

Had this guy been wearing his sign, I would have made it a point to pull the door shut behind me.

17 hours ago, urbanhack said:

In a roundabout way, this reminds me of a project I was working on at my last job.  It was my first project to get me some knowledge of the company, so it was pretty simple.  But we were updating about 400 stores in like a 2 week period all across the country.  I had to manage field techs from companies all over the country and these guys had to follow a strict schedule unless they ran into an unforeseen issue.  

Out of 400 techs, about 390 of them just happen to have flat tires on the way to their appointment and that's why they were late.  :rolleyes:

18 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:
1 hour ago, supermike80 said:

Hate when I am obviously just standing in the doorway holding the door for the next person to grab the door and they just try to squeeze by me. 

And conversely, people who walk out the door and don't bother to see who's behind them, letting the door shut on them.

This isn't a huge one for me, but it's a small thing that shows who's paying attention and caring about the world and people around them and whos not. 

1 hour ago, NREC34 said:

1.  When cars are stopped at a light and have big gaps between them when if everyone pulled in closer it would help out someone behind. (Give them room to turn right or get in the turning lane, etc.)

On my way home from work there is an intersection where although there isn't an actual right turn lane, if the first car was to pull up to the line and be slightly to the left of center all the turning cars can squeeze past on the right and make their turns.    If I am that first car I always make sure to look in my mirrors and see if car #2 has his blinker on, if so I will slide over and make sure he has room.  It doesn't cost me anytime, and helps out someone.   Yet everytime I am trying to turn the ###### in front is on the right side of the lane or not pulled up all the way and blocks 5 cars trying to turn.

• Like 2

People who are always late.  My wife, for example.  She'll ask "what time do you want to leave?"  I'll say 8:00.  At 8:00, she decides she needs to do this or that, get her shoes on, etc.  Then we leave at 8:15.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NREC34 said:

on this i mostly agree but that buffer between cars is also intended to prevent being pushed in to the car in front of you in case of an accident

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, arrow1 said:

People who are always late.  My wife, for example.  She'll ask "what time do you want to leave?"  I'll say 8:00.  At 8:00, she decides she needs to do this or that, get her shoes on, etc.  Then we leave at 8:15.

and when you don't tell them what time because you know they'll just intentionally slow play to be late.. they say "well, you didn't tell me what time we had to be there so i wasn't in a hurry!"

but if you say "7:30" so you can leave at 7:45 and be there at 8.. they can sense it and now you're not leaving until 8:30.

• Like 1

On 11/12/2019 at 3:14 PM, supermike80 said:

Still..cut it out lady

It's going to be frigid down here in FL this weekend.  Probably won't even touch 75 all weekend.  I'll keep you updated.

58 minutes ago, Osaurus said:

The other day I was grabbing breakfast out of town and ordered in the drive thru. It’s one of those zipper multi-lane ordering queues and some lady and I were ready to move forward at the same time. I gestured to her to proceed. No big deal. Guy behind her thinks this is a free pass and proceeds to advance in a somewhat aggressive manner (I mean we’re in a drive thru lane). I just glare at him and start rolling forward, WTF? The moral of this story is to be courteous to others. The lady I let go in front of me bought my breakfast. A very nice gesture imo, but common courtesy shouldn’t be so rare it deserves a reward.  I didn’t buy the tool behind me breakfast.

And i gurantee he screwed up the orders inside.   They "know" the order the cars should be rolling in

i have one to add from last night....

I admit I'm not a big "pleasantry" with the cashier person, I'm not rude - but the basic thanks, hello etc.

The woman in front of me was just gabbing away and the register lady was gabbing right back EVEN after her crap was bagged, in her cart and paid for.

LISTEN you want to catch up on old times don't do it when there is people in ####### line

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, eoMMan said:

It's going to be frigid down here in FL this weekend.  Probably won't even touch 75 all weekend.  I'll keep you updated.

:boxing:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, arrow1 said:

My wife is the opposite.  She'll ask what time we're leaving and I'll say 8.  And at 7:45 she's out in the car, honking the horn and texting me to "Let's go!!!"

• Laughing 1