Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
fantasycurse42

Can we discuss pet peeves here?

Joined a gym again recently.  I've been around a few dudes wearing sleeveless shirts who just flat out stink. The entire 20 to 30 foot radius of where they are smells...and strong.  I had to go workout in another part of the gym just to get away.  What's wrong with people??

• Thinking 1

1 minute ago, TheIronSheik said:

My wife is the opposite.  She'll ask what time we're leaving and I'll say 8.  And at 7:45 she's out in the car, honking the horn and texting me to "Let's go!!!"

I love her

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 2

1 hour ago, Osaurus said:

The other day I was grabbing breakfast out of town and ordered in the drive thru. It’s one of those zipper multi-lane ordering queues and some lady and I were ready to move forward at the same time. I gestured to her to proceed. No big deal. Guy behind her thinks this is a free pass and proceeds to advance in a somewhat aggressive manner (I mean we’re in a drive thru lane). I just glare at him and start rolling forward, WTF? The moral of this story is to be courteous to others. The lady I let go in front of me bought my breakfast. A very nice gesture imo, but common courtesy shouldn’t be so rare it deserves a reward.  I didn’t buy the tool behind me breakfast.

I hate those multi lane drivethroughs to the point that I won't go to one unless it is a dead time.  I always see that DB in the beater car that wants to play chicken and hugs the bumper of the car in front of him daring you to take your rightful place in line.

43 minutes ago, arrow1 said:

People who are always late.  My wife, for example.  She'll ask "what time do you want to leave?"  I'll say 8:00.  At 8:00, she decides she needs to do this or that, get her shoes on, etc.  Then we leave at 8:15.

My wife is the worst at this.  I tell her what time we need to leave, she'll take her shower and sit in a robe until 5 minutes before we need to leave, then she'll start to get ready.  Then when she's not ready, I stand behind her in the bathroom as she's doing hair and makeup and whatever, explaining that if she had done this right after her shower, she could have sat on the couch looking at Facebook until it was time to leave. 

It took almost 20 years, but she has started to figure it out.  The other thing that helped her?  I stopped caring about being on time to do stuff I didn't care about (meeting her parents, going to church, etc).  Without me managing her time, she had to start dealing with the consequences of being late for stuff that mattered to her.  Changed her ways.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, belljr said:
16 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

My wife is the opposite.  She'll ask what time we're leaving and I'll say 8.  And at 7:45 she's out in the car, honking the horn and texting me to "Let's go!!!"

I love her

Me too!!

47 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

and when you don't tell them what time because you know they'll just intentionally slow play to be late.. they say "well, you didn't tell me what time we had to be there so i wasn't in a hurry!"

but if you say "7:30" so you can leave at 7:45 and be there at 8.. they can sense it and now you're not leaving until 8:30.

I've learned the hard way that waiting and the car and honking the horn is not the best idea.

• Laughing 1

14 minutes ago, arrow1 said:

I've learned the hard way that waiting and the car and honking the horn is not the best idea.

i've just left a few times. #### it.

when it has come up in conversation with others the universal reaction has been "wow, you're an #######. that's so rude of you to be that impatient."

and i think.. what's more rude, not respecting someone's time because your inability to prepare/lack of concern for others/lack of respect are more important than keeping a promise or leaving someone behind who has known about the plan timing for days, weeks or even months because they aren't willing to get ready on time?

i feel like if someone sets an appointment/meeting for, say, 9 and they're backed up with another at 10.. i respect their time and if i can't make it work, then i tell them.  but i sure as hell don't show up at 9:30 with the expectation that it's ok for me to jack up their schedule and whomever else's schedule is impacted by being pushed back because i needed to get coffee, chat with Karen and can't be bothered to be polite.

Edited by mr. furley
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, belljr said:

i have one to add from last night....

I admit I'm not a big "pleasantry" with the cashier person, I'm not rude - but the basic thanks, hello etc.

The woman in front of me was just gabbing away and the register lady was gabbing right back EVEN after her crap was bagged, in her cart and paid for.

LISTEN you want to catch up on old times don't do it when there is people in ####### line

This.

I was picking up some prescriptions the other day, and the window got jammed up by an older lady talking politics to a young pharmacy clerk. At first, I was optimistic because the lady turned - looked at me - and then said, "Oh, I don't want to hold anyone up." And then proceeded to pitch her candidate for another 2 to 3 minutes.

When she finally left the window, I made a quick move forward. Unfortunately, lady decides to pitch more talk and tries to reenter window area. My momentum was strong at that point, and I nearly knocked her over as she stepped right into my path.

I felt bad. Apologized. Saw that she was fine. Felt bad no longer. Move on!

5 hours ago, Bull Dozier said:

I hate those multi lane drivethroughs to the point that I won't go to one unless it is a dead time.  I always see that DB in the beater car that wants to play chicken and hugs the bumper of the car in front of him daring you to take your rightful place in line.

My wife is the worst at this.  I tell her what time we need to leave, she'll take her shower and sit in a robe until 5 minutes before we need to leave, then she'll start to get ready.  Then when she's not ready, I stand behind her in the bathroom as she's doing hair and makeup and whatever, explaining that if she had done this right after her shower, she could have sat on the couch looking at Facebook until it was time to leave. 

It took almost 20 years, but she has started to figure it out.  The other thing that helped her?  I stopped caring about being on time to do stuff I didn't care about (meeting her parents, going to church, etc).  Without me managing her time, she had to start dealing with the consequences of being late for stuff that mattered to her.  Changed her ways.

I do this all the time - doesn't seem to help...

It usually goes can you drive a little faster so we can make up time, I usually give a smart ### remark and we fight the entire car ride

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Keerock said:

Me too!!

To be fair to myself, I am an extremely punctual person.  If I say I'll be somewhere, I'll be somewhere at that time or a little early.  It's kind of like the Goldilock's thing.  The too early one sounds great on paper.  But I'll be watching a show that I've timed perfectly to the time we leave.  And if no one prompted me, we'd leave exactly at the time I had laid out.  

I always tell her that her and my dad are similar with time.  I remember my dad would ask me what time I needed to get up for school.  I'd say 6:30.  He'd knock on my door at 6:15 and be like, "Hey, 15 minutes until you need to get up." :rant:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

To be fair to myself, I am an extremely punctual person.  If I say I'll be somewhere, I'll be somewhere at that time or a little early.  It's kind of like the Goldilock's thing.  The too early one sounds great on paper.  But I'll be watching a show that I've timed perfectly to the time we leave.  And if no one prompted me, we'd leave exactly at the time I had laid out.  

I always tell her that her and my dad are similar with time.  I remember my dad would ask me what time I needed to get up for school.  I'd say 6:30.  He'd knock on my door at 6:15 and be like, "Hey, 15 minutes until you need to get up." :rant:

in my house it was my brother and i who both needed to be up at 6:30

my dad would come around at 6 and wake me up. i'd get up, shower, eat, get dressed and be ready to walk to school at 7:15.

around the time i was walking out the door my dad would knock on my brother's door and tell him he needed to get ready for school.  he got a car ride to school from my mom. we all lived in the same house. my brother and i went to the same school.

to this day my dad will say that i always had a hard time getting up early, was always late and needed extra prodding to get moving. even now if we're going to meet somewhere, say for a round of golf, he'll call me hours before and tell me to start getting ready because he knows i'll be late. then i get there 15 minutes early and he's running up to the clubhouse seconds before our tee time.

6 hours ago, arrow1 said:

You can't just honk politely,  you really need to lay on the horn to get everyone's attention.

1 hour ago, TheIronSheik said:

I think we may have been separated at birth.  

• Laughing 1

1 hour ago, belljr said:

I do this all the time - doesn't seem to help...

It usually goes can you drive a little faster so we can make up time, I usually give a smart ### remark and we fight the entire car ride

It wasn't an overnight change.  Maybe she matured.  I don't know.  I also had to change to actually not care, as I used to care about being on time for EVERYTHING (crazy I know). 

Office potlucks.

Why yes, I would love a combination plate of cheese enchiladas, fruit jello mold, Costco croissants, and crockpot hot dog and beans.

• Like 3
  • Laughing 2
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

Those green toothpick half sickle dental floss things are just like cigarette butts. People throw them on the ground left and right. 

Who is using these outside of their house?  Anyone who flosses in an area they don't own should be put down.

• Like 2

Just now, TheIronSheik said:

Who is using these outside of their house?  Anyone who flosses in an area they don't own should be put down.

You will start to notice them on the ground at shopping centers now that i pointed it out. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, parasaurolophus said:

You will start to notice them on the ground at shopping centers now that i pointed it out. 

I read this in a voice like you were trying to hypnotize me.  :lol:

• Like 3
  • Laughing 1

12 minutes ago, Scoresman said:

Office potlucks.

Why yes, I would love a combination plate of cheese enchiladas, fruit jello mold, Costco croissants, and crockpot hot dog and beans.

You forgot the evening sitting on the throne because one nimrod forgot to refrigerate their foul offering.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bring The Stink said:

sandwiches where the bread to meat ratio eclipses a 2:1 ratio.

Yeah this is absolutely huge for me.  

There's a sandwich joint literally 100 steps from my office and I never, ever go there because they put ONE piece of ham and ONE layer of salami on their Italian sub.  And they charge typical "sandwich joint" prices.  So lame.  I guess they stay in business, because... well... they're there still.  

Edit to clarify:  I am pretty plain Jane when it comes to "extras" on my sandwich (or food in general).  So I don't want a pile of lettuce, etc. on my 'wich.  Cheese, and MAYBE tomato if I'm feeling saucy.  

• Sad 1

I apologize in advance if this has already been mentioned. I feel bad about throwing this one out there because many of the people that are guilty of this particular pet peeve of mine are my own family members. 

I cannot stand when people disregard or are inconsiderate about things that bug you --that you have made completely clear to them hundreds of times.   I know I'm weird--but I am a person that does not enjoy being in pictures, I don't enjoy taking or being in a bunch of pictures as I prefer to enjoy the moment.  Secondly--as much as I love music--I just do not like dancing.   I've never liked it--and I'm not good at it because I've never liked it enough to want to get good at it.  I kid you not--anytime my family has a get together or goes on a vacation together--the entire time they are pressuring me to get in pictures and to dance.    If somebody clearly tells me that they don't enjoy certain things--I wouldn't constantly pressure them to do exactly those things.   It just gets mind numbing to me.  

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, Leroy Hoard said:

You forgot the evening sitting on the throne because one nimrod forgot to refrigerate their foul offering.

Preach 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bring The Stink said:

sandwiches where the bread to meat ratio eclipses a 2:1 ratio.

One of the main reasons that Philly Cheesesteaks not bought within a 100 mile radius of Philly.  A good cheesesteak place will give you a fork with your sandwich because they know about 25% of the meat will end up on the plate.  That's because it's overflowing with steak.  Anywhere else in the country, you'll get a little bit of meat, a lot of useless crap that shouldn't be on a cheesesteak, and a lot of dry, terrible bun.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheIronSheik said:

One of the main reasons that Philly Cheesesteaks not bought within a 100 mile radius of Philly.  A good cheesesteak place will give you a fork with your sandwich because they know about 25% of the meat will end up on the plate.  That's because it's overflowing with steak.  Anywhere else in the country, you'll get a little bit of meat, a lot of useless crap that shouldn't be on a cheesesteak, and a lot of dry, terrible bun.

Amoroso 4 life!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TheIronSheik said:

Actually I get cheesesteaks in San Francisco that are like this. 

• Like 1

When the designated napkin dispenser filling person puts the napkins in backwards.  So instead of being able to take one at a time, you either have to break into the dispenser(which is harder than breaking into a vault at times) or squeeze your fingers down on the top napkin, forcing you to pull out like 10 at one time.

It can't be that hard to fill these things  yet I see this too often to not mention it.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

When the designated napkin dispenser filling person puts the napkins in backwards.  So instead of being able to take one at a time, you either have to break into the dispenser(which is harder than breaking into a vault at times) or squeeze your fingers down on the top napkin, forcing you to pull out like 10 at one time.

It can't be that hard to fill these things  yet I see this too often to not mention it.

They're the same people that put the TP on the spool so it comes out the bottom instead of over the top.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

They're the same people that put the TP on the spool so it comes out the bottom instead of over the top.

I feel like this is one of those fake pet peeves that the internet created.  I honestly went 35 years not caring until someone pointed it out on the internet.  And when I see it put on the other way, I don't think it's ever really bothered me that much.

• Like 1

I feel like this is one of those fake pet peeves that the internet created.  I honestly went 35 years not caring until someone pointed it out on the internet.  And when I see it put on the other way, I don't think it's ever really bothered me that much.

You savage... <_<

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

49 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

This isn't even close to the same thing.....

Bathrooms that have automatic water/soap dispensers that not only don't work but have doors requiring you to pull back to open, thus getting germs on you anyway.

10 minutes ago, Leroy Hoard said:

Bathrooms that have automatic water/soap dispensers that not only don't work but have doors requiring you to pull back to open, thus getting germs on you anyway.

Automatic soap/water/paper towel dispensers that have no instructions on them how to work.  Nothing like looking like a crazy psycho waving your hands in front, over top, underneath, trying to find that sweet spot that will produce a fish biscuit.

I feel like a kid in high school again the first night with a girl trying to turn it on.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, supermike80 said:

or when they jam it so full that you can't pull one or two out without ripping the thing to shreds trying to get a grip

2 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

Automatic soap/water/paper towel dispensers that have no instructions on them how to work.  Nothing like looking like a crazy psycho waving your hands in front, over top, underneath, trying to find that sweet spot that will produce a fish biscuit.

I feel like a kid in high school again the first night with a girl trying to turn it on.

a fish biscuit?

Did you not watch Lost

saw the first... 2 minutes of the very first episode and not a second more after that.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

Have the exact opposite problem with exactly one faucet at work.  Stupid thing detects an ants movement at 50 yards, so if you are in the vacinity of the sink it is shooting soap out.

The other stupid thing is automatic soap dispensers combined with non automatic faucets.  If you are saving me from touching the soap, why don't you save me from touching the faucet?

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

4 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

saw the first... 2 minutes of the very first episode and not a second more after that.

Hmmm...  Ok.  Interesting.  I'm going to need some time to rethink our iFriendship, GB.  That was like a gut punch I wasn't quite ready for.

• Thinking 1

8 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

Exactly 2 minutes more than I've seen.  :whistle:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, Leroy Hoard said:

Automatic dispensers are not to prevent germs....    

31 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

Hmmm...  Ok.  Interesting.  I'm going to need some time to rethink our iFriendship, GB.  That was like a gut punch I wasn't quite ready for.

With the way I'm losing iFriends left and right over in the baseball thread, I've decided to not do anything drastic with this new knowledge, GB.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

With the way I'm losing iFriends left and right over in the baseball thread, I've decided to not do anything drastic with this new knowledge, GB.

i think we can make it work

• Thanks 1

Just now, mr. furley said:

i think we can make it work

This is why I love you.  You accept me for my flaws, GB.  

• Love 1

50 minutes ago, belljr said:

Automatic dispensers are not to prevent germs....    

I stand corrected. They are there to piss people off.

• Like 2
  • Laughing 2

1 minute ago, Leroy Hoard said:

I stand corrected. They are there to piss people off.

M I S S I O N   A C C O M P L I S H E D !

• Thanks 1

People posting pictures/videos of their friendsgiving gathering. If I wasn't invited, then I don't care. If I was invited, I don't need to see pictures of something I attended. They're all the same.

• Like 1