What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can we discuss pet peeves here? (3 Viewers)

Drive-thru cashiers who suck at math, can't understand why I gave them a bill and coins. The freaking at Arby's drive-thru drives girl me nuts every time.

Example: my food costs $9.79. I'm trying to reduce the total count of coins in my car so I give her $10.04. She gives me one dime, two nickels, and five pennies back. Just give me a #### quarter! :wall:

ETA: One time she even said "You only gave me four cents."

ETA2: Reminded me of this.
The only acceptable way to do this is to remove getting coins.

$9.15?

Here is $10.15

Doing this to get bigger coins just reeks of an anal retention type.

When you are reading a news website's homepage (Washington Post, Drudge, etc.) and you are halfway down the page scanning articles and the page reloads automatically and goes back to the top of the page; which makes me have to scroll down to where I was previously reading.

WTF? If I want to refresh the page I'll click F5 or the refresh button!! :angry:

Videos that auto load on web pages. What is so wrong with having me hit the Play button if I want to load the video? Topping this are auto play videos that play an ad first, for obvious reasons.

Anyone (that isn't handicapped) who uses an elevator for one flight when stairs are readily accessible is an awful person.

When a thread from a long time ago gets bumped and there is a fancy star indicating that you've posted in it, but you don't remember at all what you said, so you search through the thread to try to find it.

Good vs well, it is really not that difficult.
This one still drives me nuts. :wall:

When a thread from a long time ago gets bumped and there is a fancy star indicating that you've posted in it, but you don't remember at all what you said, so you search through the thread to try to find it.

Good vs well, it is really not that difficult.
This one still drives me nuts. :wall:
I wish they had a simple "de-star" button you can push to wipe clean threads you no longer want to be involved with.

Sentence finishers annoy me. Stop trying to guess the last word and finish the sentence with me. I will purposely look for different words just so we are not saying the same thing when you try to do this with me when people do this.
Fixed.

I found the worst person in the world on my drive in to work today. Guy got double-middle-fingers for this piece of genius:

He's in front of me as we both get off the freeway. This freeway exit is two lanes and leads to a T intersection and ends at a stoplight. Left lane is left-turn only. Right lane is left- or right-turn.

You know where this is going.

Mr. Brilliant flips on his left turn signal, and then gets in the right lane. In front of me. I, of course, am turning right. He's slow and the light turns red just as he pulls up to the line.

So he's there, stopped, with no cross traffic, like an idiot, with his turn signal on to make a left turn sitting in the right hand lane, completely blocking my ability to make a right on red. I have to sit through the entire light while this ###### is parked.

I give him both middle fingers immediately. I start pulling forward anyway and to his right. He saw me and started to make an effort to let me by on his side, but there was nowhere near enough room.

I seriously considered just using my car to push his out of the way.

I think it would have been justified.
:lmao: is it possible he had to make a right turn shortly after turning left?

Then there's this guy who's always flipping the bird...

Anyone (that isn't handicapped) who uses an elevator for one flight when stairs are readily accessible is an awful person.
The icing on this hate cake, is when it's one flight...down. I work in a corporate office with 50 floors, zipping down and we stop for these 'holes. There are stairs 10 feet from the elevators, but no...I have to really grit my teeth not to shoot off at the mouth and embarrass them.

Maybe all the floors aren't one you can enter on?? In my office only every third floor is an enter-floor

I think building elevator traffic dictates the politeness quotient. If there's significant traffic to where people have to crowd together and the short stops lead to compounding delays, then, yes, certainly these people are being rude. But if it's sparse traffic, then it's just laziness, not rudeness.

Bonfire said:
fantasycurse42 said:
The icing on this hate cake, is when it's one flight...down. I work in a corporate office with 50 floors, zipping down and we stop for these 'holes. There are stairs 10 feet from the elevators, but no...I have to really grit my teeth not to shoot off at the mouth and embarrass them.
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Walking Boot said:
FUBAR said:
Walking Boot said:
I found the worst person in the world on my drive in to work today. Guy got double-middle-fingers for this piece of genius:

He's in front of me as we both get off the freeway. This freeway exit is two lanes and leads to a T intersection and ends at a stoplight. Left lane is left-turn only. Right lane is left- or right-turn.

You know where this is going.

Mr. Brilliant flips on his left turn signal, and then gets in the right lane. In front of me. I, of course, am turning right. He's slow and the light turns red just as he pulls up to the line.

So he's there, stopped, with no cross traffic, like an idiot, with his turn signal on to make a left turn sitting in the right hand lane, completely blocking my ability to make a right on red. I have to sit through the entire light while this ###### is parked.

I give him both middle fingers immediately. I start pulling forward anyway and to his right. He saw me and started to make an effort to let me by on his side, but there was nowhere near enough room.

I seriously considered just using my car to push his out of the way.

I think it would have been justified.
:lmao: is it possible he had to make a right turn shortly after turning left?
No. The street he was turning onto has no right turns off it for over 1000 ft. The highway off-ramp is a T because it lets out directly facing a large park. Making a left means driving alongside the west edge of the park for a good while before you can make a right.
alright, he's an #######. We feel for your loss. although I'll admit, under certain conditions, I'd go in the right left-turn lane if I were turning even 1,000' down the road.

Women who don't realize they have to pay for their products in the checkout line until after the cashier gives them a total. Then it's 10 minutes to find their handbag sized wallet, unzip the first section for the bills, then unzip the second compartment for the exact change, put mini handbag back, collect their items/bags and finally get out of my way.

#######s who are driving in the opposite lanes of traffic and speed through a red light (about 2 seconds after it turns red) as you're trying to make a left turn immediately after the light turns red.

I've noticed several buildings where stair access is limited to emergencies and operations staff (read - security access card required). WTF?
The last three buildings i have worked in did exactly this. Pisses me off.
Yup - my building's like this. Well, the stairs are designed for "emergency only" as they lead to an outside exit on the 1st floor and going from floor to floor is restricted by an access card.

To make matters worse, I'm on the 2nd floor. I cannot stand having to wait - even 30 seconds or so - for a 10 second elevator ride. :angry:

So I give her the bird, she drives away, then 20 minutes later I'm getting off at the exit above. I'm in my right-hand lane as always to make a right hand turn. Of all the cars in L.A., who pulls up next to me on the left but the same woman from the on-ramp. Suddenly she realizes she needs to make a right turn at the end of the intersection. After driving the length of the ramp in the left lane she wants to cut over. She's about to pull in front of me again but I refused to let her in. Gave her another bird from the driver's side window as I passed and blocked her out.

None of the cars immediately behind me let her in either. I felt satisfied.
I would wager it was worth the first inconvenience to be able to put the screws to her at the end!

People at work who splinter email chains. You've got a great email discussion going and someone decides to spin off that email to a different group of reciepients and maybe a handfull of the original recipient members. On top of that, they keep the same subject line.

The over-helpful queue master at Kroger I encounter at rush hour after a long day.

When I'm through gathering I do my 5 seconds of due diligence and pick a checkout line. Immediately queue master tells me there's a shorter line five registers over. I really don't care, and typically at this point of my day I need an extra 30 seconds to vegetate, BUT, polite me feels obligated. So I stroll over to the better lane, and BAM - along comes some ####### darting up from the bread aisle taking the spot meant for me. And of course somebody else has slipped into the spot I abandoned. ,,,Queue master is suddenly far, far away.

Grrrrr.

The over-helpful queue master at Kroger I encounter at rush hour after a long day.

When I'm through gathering I do my 5 seconds of due diligence and pick a checkout line. Immediately queue master tells me there's a shorter line five registers over. I really don't care, and typically at this point of my day I need an extra 30 seconds to vegetate, BUT, polite me feels obligated. So I stroll over to the better lane, and BAM - along comes some ####### darting up from the bread aisle taking the spot meant for me. And of course somebody else has slipped into the spot I abandoned. ,,,Queue master is suddenly far, far away.

Grrrrr.
Just ignore whoever this "queue master" is. (I've never seen one.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't want to start a new thread.

Does the brand "Pink" have a sexual connotation? When you see girls in tight sweatpants with the label "Pink" across their backside. Is the label intended to have a sexual connotation? Or is is just the same as any label like "Hollister" written on their backside.

Basically is Hollister and Pink the same thing? Or is Pink overtly trying to be more sexual?

Does the brand "Pink" have a sexual connotation? When you see girls in tight sweatpants with the label "Pink" across their backside. Is the label intended to have a sexual connotation? Or is is just the same as any label like "Hollister" written on their backside.

Basically is Hollister and Pink the same thing? Or is Pink overtly trying to be more sexual?
The brand seems to be Victoria's Secret. Looks more lame than anything else.

I was trying to tell my buddy that his girl wearing Pink on her backside is a lot different then say Levi's. It's like writing Snatch on your backside. They didn't agree.

I was trying to tell my buddy that his girl wearing Pink on her backside is a lot different then say Levi's. It's like writing Snatch on your backside. They didn't agree.
I think I'm with you. It seems too much like having "Juicy" stamped on one's butt.

Grrrrr.
I've only seen the queue master direct you to a self-checkout bay.

Grrrrr.
I've only seen the queue master direct you to a self-checkout bay.
Yes, please do our work for us!!

...oops, its a cash only machine.

Girls love the sexual connotation, and the plausible deniability that it has any sexual connotation imo.

People in the left lane going anything under 15mph over the speed limit. On a crowded stretch of highway, I understand you might not want to get over to the right to keep getting back in the left, but if you're not flying, get the #### out of the way.

People in the left lane going anything under 15mph over the speed limit. On a crowded stretch of highway, I understand you might not want to get over to the right to keep getting back in the left, but if you're not flying, get the #### out of the way.
That'll get you a ticket here in Texas. The left lane is for passing, not dawdling.

Mrs. Rannous said:
fantasycurse42 said:
That'll get you a ticket here in Texas. The left lane is for passing, not dawdling.
I lived in Texas for almost 15 years and it is one of the worst states for people camping in the left lane.

I think I'm with you. It seems too much like having "Juicy" stamped on one's butt.
I tried to tell my wife what guys think of it when my step daughter started wearing that stuff around age 14. She didn't buy it and thought I was crazy.

Mrs. Rannous said:
fantasycurse42 said:
I lived in Texas for almost 15 years and it is one of the worst states for people camping in the left lane.
That's why the law got changed. They ticket you now.

Users who are viewing this thread