What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can we discuss pet peeves here? (6 Viewers)

How hard is it for a business to just remove a paper towel dispenser that they have no intention to ever fill since they want you to use the air hand dryer instead?

For real.  It's:

1.  Peanut butter on one slice

2. Get rid of excess PB on the other slice

3. Jelly on other slice

Yeah?
PB on both sides of the bread.  I like a lot of jelly (and a lot of PB obviously) so this prevents the jelly from leaking through the bread and making it sticky to hold.

Public restrooms where the toilet water is higher than the standard.  Nothing like going to wipe your ### in a disgusting restroom only to have the back of your hand hydroplane over the brown water.  :X

wait...what?
I've noticed that especially at airports, the toilet water is high or the seat is low.  Basically, the gap between you butt and the water is about 2 to 3 inches shorter.  So when you reach down to the undercarriage, it's like a game of Operation.

Public restrooms where the toilet water is higher than the standard.  Nothing like going to wipe your ### in a disgusting restroom only to have the back of your hand hydroplane over the brown water.  :X
you're a FBG, so the annoyance with the higher water level should happen as soon as you take a seat and your Iron Sheik takes a dip.

I hate pulling the pizza cutter out of the drawer and there's a little bit of old cheese hidden between the handle and the blade. It takes seconds to rinse, spin the blade a little and rinse again before putting it in the dishwasher. 
I bought one of the Good Grips pizza cutters that looks like a Pokémon ball. It completely comes apart and you can hand wash the rotary blade or put it in the dishwasher. Happy with it so far. Link

I hate pulling the pizza cutter out of the drawer and there's a little bit of old cheese hidden between the handle and the blade. It takes seconds to rinse, spin the blade a little and rinse again before putting it in the dishwasher. 

I bought one of the Good Grips pizza cutters that looks like a Pokémon ball. It completely comes apart and you can hand wash the rotary blade or put it in the dishwasher. Happy with it so far. Link
A 10-12" chef knife does the trick as well

For real.  It's:

1.  Peanut butter on one slice

2. Get rid of excess PB on the other slice

3. Jelly on other slice

Yeah?
1. layer of creamy peanut butter on one slice

2. thinner layer of creamy peanut butter on the other slice

3. layer of crunchy peanut butter on both

4. jelly on either/or, or both

the creamy layer prevents tearing while spreading and seals the jelly in so you don't have a mushy sandwich if you're bagging it for lunch.

On the train back to the city from a job site...and carrying a stone sample. Awkward size and heavy.

Next stop, what appears to be some kind of student group and chaperones gets on the same empty car and essentially surround me. Excited happy kids...whatever- I get up and move to a different car. As soon we start moving, loud annoying music...like somebody on hold, bit no recognizable song. The woman in front of me is doing some kind of dumb dumb game on her phone with the background music blasting...and appeared dumbfounded and confused that I asked her (politely) to turn the music off...and tacitly refused. 

I get up...again...and move to yet another different car- lugging this unwieldly hunk of stone and bag full of crap with me.

Train is getting more full...there's a windowless two seater behind a windowed four seat (2&2 facing eachother). I take the two seater because a group or couple or family might need or want to sit together. As soon as I sit down, some chucklehead bro-monster with giant Bluetooth pods sits solo in the fourseater, puts his feet up on the opposeit seat, bag next to him, and starts yelling into his phone/speakers. 

My peeve is all of that.

On the train back to the city from a job site...and carrying a stone sample. Awkward size and heavy.

Next stop, what appears to be some kind of student group and chaperones gets on the same empty car and essentially surround me. Excited happy kids...whatever- I get up and move to a different car. As soon we start moving, loud annoying music...like somebody on hold, bit no recognizable song. The woman in front of me is doing some kind of dumb dumb game on her phone with the background music blasting...and appeared dumbfounded and confused that I asked her (politely) to turn the music off...and tacitly refused. 

I get up...again...and move to yet another different car- lugging this unwieldly hunk of stone and bag full of crap with me.

Train is getting more full...there's a windowless two seater behind a windowed four seat (2&2 facing eachother). I take the two seater because a group or couple or family might need or want to sit together. As soon as I sit down, some chucklehead bro-monster with giant Bluetooth pods sits solo in the fourseater, puts his feet up on the opposeit seat, bag next to him, and starts yelling into his phone/speakers. 

My peeve is all of that.
Throw the stone at him.

xulf said:
What kind of animal puts the jelly on first   :confused:
Yeah I originally liked the OP for being anti cross contamination but then I realized he was going jelly first like some monster

i usually do this with toast or English muffins but its

1. butter

2. Wipe knife

3. PB

4. wipe knife 

5. jelly

6. throw knife in sink

7. enjoy

the one that even worse is when I would go visit my wife’s grandparents in Tennessee and the jelly would always have leftover biscuit particles in it

My peeve is all of that.
#metoo

But I just boil it down to: The city.  I hate being in cities.  Crowds of people who are loud and obnoxious.  Hell is other people. 

This was the train in the burbs heading to the city, but yes.
Somehow I think my definition of "the burbs" and your definition are completely different, GB.

I live in the burbs where there are no commuter trains.  Hell, I'm not even able to order Domino's pizza because no stores are close enough to deliver. 

My peeve is all of that.
You have it much worse than I do but I agree that behavior on train cars is appalling.  Wait to talk on the phone when you're off the train.  Wear headphones.  Be aware of others around you.  Speak silently.  Just be courteous.  The lack of social awareness from people on public transportation is just mind boggling to me.  

All of you need to quit eating peanut butter, that's for 6 year olds, and put some ham or turkey on your damn sandwiches
Yeah, I'm making said sandwich for my 7-year-old boy who eats nothing BUT PB&Js for lunch every single day.  

Somehow I think my definition of "the burbs" and your definition are completely different, GB.

I live in the burbs where there are no commuter trains.  Hell, I'm not even able to order Domino's pizza because no stores are close enough to deliver. 
I was coming back from Otis-land. The burbs.

Sounds like you're in the sticks. 

Reminded of these two on my flight today:

1. Unless you're old or infirm, there's really no excuse for needing to pull back on the person's seat in front of you when you get up to take a leak.

2. When you're wearing a heavy backpack, consider your surroundings before you turn in the aisle. Saw two people in aisle seats get nailed in the head this morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reminded of these two on my flight today:

1. Unless you're old or infirm, there's really no excuse for needing to pull back on the person's seat in front of you when you get up to take a leak.

2. When your wearing a heavy backpack, consider your surroundings before you turn in the aisle. Saw two people in aisle seats get nailed in the head this morning.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEIaXJZs0qU

Dude was being a baby, but the lady is the definition of a Karen, both in looks and actions.

If you throw your seat full recline the second the wheels are in the well, I'm ripping that damn thing off it's hinges every time I need to get up.

If you throw your seat full recline the second the wheels are in the well, I'm ripping that damn thing off it's hinges every time I need to get up.
Why so angry man? Already said I don't recline. And even then, you should still be able to stand up without the assistance of a seat back.

scorchy said:
Why so angry man? Already said I don't recline. And even then, you should still be able to stand up without the assistance of a seat back.
I could be wrong, but I read "you" as the general you.  Not you in particular.  

To my cow-orker,

By the sound of it, your lower respiratory infection is progressing nicely. I certainly appreciate your dedication in coming to work every day for the past two weeks. Don't let anyone tell you that you're a useless, nonvalue-added drone that could easily complete their daily tasks while working from home. How would people know how special and important you are if you weren't spreading your filth throughout the office?

To my cow-orker,

By the sound of it, your lower respiratory infection is progressing nicely. I certainly appreciate your dedication in coming to work every day for the past two weeks. Don't let anyone tell you that you're a useless, nonvalue-added drone that could easily complete their daily tasks while working from home. How would people know how special and important you are if you weren't spreading your filth throughout the office?
Amen brother. Same thing here all week. My hands are raw from anti-bacterial sanitizer.  

People showing up to work sick is going to continue until we change the work culture in this country.  Right now, time spent physically in the office is equated with hard work which is complete nonsense.  I'm at work only 7-7.5 hours a day and work circles around people who have to stay late because they are either terrible at time management or BS half the day with other people in the office.  Then they get congratulated for putting in so many hours.  

Users who are viewing this thread