What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can we discuss pet peeves here? (2 Viewers)

guy at the office walks up behind people who are sitting in their offices, leans in so that his mouth is less than a foot away from your ear, then reaches his hand in to your peripheral vision and snaps his fingers before he starts to talk

yes, i've said something to him about it.  even grabbed his hand & pushed him out of my office.

the behavior is so ingrained in his personality that he can't stop
whoa, for real?  yeah, taint-kicking is deserved here.

Ah, airplanes.

Thank you guy in the middle seat for yelling at me in the window seat when I had the audacity to say "excuse me" as my family in the three seats across the aisle got up and left and the rows behind started emptying out too. 

Guy knew I was with them, yelled at me to "wait my turn like everybody else....Buddy".

I figured he was waiting on people from the back of the plane.

ETA...we have a connecting flight and got killed last time we flew through ATL. And I'm the one carrying everything for the family.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, airplanes.

Thank you guy in the middle seat for yelling at me in the window seat when I had the audacity to say "excuse me" as my family in the three seats across the aisle got up and left and the rows behind started emptying out too. 

Guy knew I was with them, yelled at me to "wait my turn like everybody else....Buddy".

I figured he was waiting on people from the back of the plane.

ETA...we have a connecting flight and got killed last time we flew through ATL. And I'm the one carrying everything for the family.
But did you ask to switch seats with aisle guy?

what'd they suggest you do to get the rest cleared out?

when i got mine done a few years back it was like someone fired up a jet engine next to my head
They said use Debrox and check back next week, but the hot water ear enema worked way better imo. Just blasting it seems to work, but takes a while. It’s tiring. 

They said use Debrox and check back next week, but the hot water ear enema worked way better imo. Just blasting it seems to work, but takes a while. It’s tiring. 
When I do it, first I put hydrogen peroxide in my ear and let it stay in there (you have to lie down for best effect) for 5 - 10 minutes, how ever long it takes for the fizzing to mostly subside. Then rinse out. Repeat for other ear. The hydrogen peroxide helps loosen/break up the ear wax, making the flushing more productive. 

When I do it, first I put hydrogen peroxide in my ear and let it stay in there (you have to lie down for best effect) for 5 - 10 minutes, how ever long it takes for the fizzing to mostly subside. Then rinse out. Repeat for other ear. The hydrogen peroxide helps loosen/break up the ear wax, making the flushing more productive. 
Thx. This Debrox stuff is basically this solution. This stuff is just packed in right at my eardrum so it’s tough sledding regardless.

guy at the office walks up behind people who are sitting in their offices, leans in so that his mouth is less than a foot away from your ear, then reaches his hand in to your peripheral vision and snaps his fingers before he starts to talk

yes, i've said something to him about it.  even grabbed his hand & pushed him out of my office.

You work with Joe Biden?

Take the headphones out sonny and acknowledge the old man in the room and you wont have this problem. Silly kids. 

putting on socks

this should be a lot less of a hassle than it is on a daily basis.  my goal is to live somewhere that i do not have to wear socks anymore. ever.

putting on socks

this should be a lot less of a hassle than it is on a daily basis.  my goal is to live somewhere that i do not have to wear socks anymore. ever.
I picture Egg Stork replying with "Yeah, yeah... that's what I was going to say", right after Hoops delivered the classic line of "If we give in now, we'll be giving into all the cute and fuzzy bunnies in the world!"

putting on socks

Florida is full, but if you did come down, you’d quickly realize everything else about it  bothers you way more than ever wearing socks.

it's the whole process

the stooping or bending, the turning of the socks to adjust, pulling them up.  the whole ordeal.  it's a lot to go through at 7 AM.
I got your back here buddy. Putting on socks is the suck. Especially if you havent dried your feet well enough. I swear to god one drop of water turns those things into chinese finger traps. 

Ugh.  Get off my lawn, I guess?

I hate when companies or people try and get creative and cute and it just sounds or looks dumb.

I listen to a local sports talk radio station here in SoCal on my way to work.  Dan Patrick's on until 9, so it's a good show to listen to while on the way.

Well, every morning around 8, right after I've dropped my kids off at school, they take a commercial break.  During basketball season, they give a little update on the local NBA teams (Lakers and Clippers).  

The voice-over guy says "and now, today's NBA in LA Report".... and the d00shnozzle that gives the report goes into a minute or so recap of last night's games (if any) and tells us who the teams are playing tonight, if appropriate. And then he signs off by saying "I'm so-and-so, and that was today's 'NB-LA' report.".

No.  It's the "NBA in LA Report".  We get it that there are "A's" in both NBA and LA and you think you're getting creative by combining the two.... but it sounds dumb.

*shakes fist at passing cloud*

Ugh.  Get off my lawn, I guess?

I hate when companies or people try and get creative and cute and it just sounds or looks dumb.

I listen to a local sports talk radio station here in SoCal on my way to work.  Dan Patrick's on until 9, so it's a good show to listen to while on the way.

Well, every morning around 8, right after I've dropped my kids off at school, they take a commercial break.  During basketball season, they give a little update on the local NBA teams (Lakers and Clippers).  

The voice-over guy says "and now, today's NBA in LA Report".... and the d00shnozzle that gives the report goes into a minute or so recap of last night's games (if any) and tells us who the teams are playing tonight, if appropriate. And then he signs off by saying "I'm so-and-so, and that was today's 'NB-LA' report.".

No.  It's the "NBA in LA Report".  We get it that there are "A's" in both NBA and LA and you think you're getting creative by combining the two.... but it sounds dumb.

*shakes fist at passing cloud*
Hulk smash!

Users who are viewing this thread