What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

John Brown Hype Train- Not as bad of reach as I thought (1 Viewer)

I'm officially worried - thinking about going Floyd even if he is active. That active but not playing stunt last time is hard to forget.

How could he go to total #### after being so good the first 7 games of the season?
Based on the games I've watched, it seems Brown (for all his success) has been both too injury prone and hasn't won enough contested balls.
Now he's not a start every week and we know how this will play out. He'll go off on our bench and throw up a 0 when he's in our lineups. Well, it was a nice ride for 7 games.

His hammy was still an issue all week in practice. Not sure what everyone was expecting -- he's playing injured. Results won't come until he's fully healed up again.

I've been high on Brown as a low-floor, high-ceiling WR2 with good dynasty upside. Drafted him moderately high in multiple leagues.

While nowhere near "droppable" I'm ready to lower him to matchup-dependent/WR3 territory, just due to his tendency to disappear when not 100%. Not confident he can be relied on as a fantasy team anchor anymore, by any means.

Brown is staying on my bench. I am not going to consider him over Adams until Brown is healthy and/or Floyd is hurt again.

Arians seems really hard-headed, and for some reason he's down on Brown right now. Starting him is a pure gamble until/unless that changes.

Last edited by a moderator:
i opted for JB over floyd this week, and its gonna sting me.. ugh
Was lamenting that I could have started Jones tonight, but that hurts. Past games I seen, they always tried getting him some bubble screens, but only recall one of those. Maybe that doesn't matchup with Seahawks' coverage, but really stunk seeing Palmer sling the ball all over and Brown hardly getting a sniff except for bombs/overthrows.

Brown has earned a spot on my bench after two starts without a reception. Thankfully, I hung on to Amendola and can ride him out.

This could still come back around. He's probably not tradeable for good value right now after two goose eggs. Just need to wait ....

- has still been limited in training

- this week was a hard matchup

- Floyd appears to now have a hamstring issue as well

That's enough for me to believe there's still an upward curve here. Not great if he's your WR2, ok if he's your flex. Personally, I thought I had great depth in him and Moncrief as my 3rd and 4th WRs then all of a sudden that's looking really ropey. In either of those cases, if it can be afforded, patience seems like the correct course of action.

Arians seems really hard-headed, and for some reason he's down on Brown right now.
I kinda doubt that, and there's no evidence pointing to it. I'm thinking he's still not 100%, which made a bad matchup even worse in Seattle.
The evidence I'm looking at are his comments about Floyd taking the job back from Brown, and the fact that he refuses to use David Johnson in the run game.

Not buying the match-up thing at all- Fitz and Floyd had great games, and even Jaron Brown got 5 targets. I'm sure he's still not 100%, but that may be the reason he's on the ####list. Besides, he's been a factor while playing at less than 100% before, and he basically had 3 weeks off before last night's game.

This could still come back around. He's probably not tradeable for good value right now after two goose eggs. Just need to wait ....

That's enough for me to believe there's still an upward curve here. Not great if he's your WR2, ok if he's your flex. Personally, I thought I had great depth in him and Moncrief as my 3rd and 4th WRs then all of a sudden that's looking really ropey. In either of those cases, if it can be afforded, patience seems like the correct course of action.
Good post. He is a hold. I am not dropping. He can be a nice part of a quality passing game.

Good post. He is a hold. I am not dropping. He can be a nice part of a quality passing game.
From what I saw last night, Arians quote from last week where he said floyd passed brown on depth chart appeared to translate to the field as it was Fitz and Floyd in 2wr sets.. Brown as the wr3 (like most wr3s) is not going to produce consistently ROS .

From what I saw last night, Arians quote from last week where he said floyd passed brown on depth chart appeared to translate to the field as it was Fitz and Floyd in 2wr sets.. Brown as the wr3 (like most wr3s) is not going to produce consistently ROS .
Would you drop him in redraft? I would not. He has proven this season that he can produce. Brown is not fully healthy and Floyd is nursing a hammy.

In hindsight this is spot on. I discounted that Arians quote at the time because it was phrased really poorly. Wish I hadn't been wearing brown-colored glasses at the time.

I understood that Brown was relegated to WR3 prior to this game. But I came out even more concerned after watching.

1) It seemed that Floyd was replaced by Jaron Brown not John Brown.

2) He was targeted but failed to make a reception.

3) After Floyd went down, Jaron Brown was targeted 5 times to John Brown's 0.

I'm starting him next week because of byes and an empty waiver wire, but I'm excepting in the 20 to 40 yard range.

I also think what has hurt him is he is not useful in the red zone. John Brown seems to have become a situational player who is not even having success in that situation (deep balls).

3nOut said:
So... Droppable now?
Consecutive games (sandwiched around a BYE) w/ zero production as an active, and still dealing w/ the same hammy issues? Yeah...I'd say he's droppable.
The same hammy he had when he almost had 200 yards?

Talk about overraction.
Yeah, that was a month ago. The hammy issue hasn't gotten better, and I believe for that Steelers game, it was only one hammy, and since then has become an issue on both. I think a month of a injury getting worse combined w/ zero production should change outlook for a player, but I guess that's just me overreacting.

hammyies do not get better brohan once they are shot they are ruined and there is no medical or dark arts that can heal them take that to the knowledge bank bromigos

Im in a tight bind with Brown. Obviously the guy is very talented. The issue for me becomes holding on to him and hope he gets healthy, or drop for a handcuff now that I have had a few RBs go down. Im sure Im not the only one with this issue

At what point does perceived value get trumped by roster needs. I have not started him all year so he has just been sitting on the bench

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/9649/john-brown

John Brown (hamstrings, questionable) is "optimistic" he'll play Sunday night against the Bengals.

However, Brown did express after Friday's practice that he's "frustrated" with how long his hamstring injuries have lingered. The injuries "haven't healed," and have "hampered" Brown, who hasn't caught a pass since Week 7. Speed-based wide receivers like Smokey (4.34) have a difficult time producing through hamstring woes.

It's between Ja and Jo Brown for me. I feel like it's a floor (Ja) / ceiling (Jo) decision, so I am going to see how the day plays out first.

Users who are viewing this thread