Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
loose circuits

John Brown Hype Train- Not as bad of reach as I thought

2 hours ago, boilerdave said:

Good call Dave.  :)

weird how you guys both have the same avatar ?

It actually was a good call

• Like 1

I like his prospects for tomorrow, but as of right now I'm sitting him for Chubb. I'm a big favorite, and I think Chubb has a higher floor. I'm a little spooked because you never know when Flacco won't be hitting his deep ball and Brown ends up with a 2/22.

51 minutes ago, zftcg said:

I like his prospects for tomorrow, but as of right now I'm sitting him for Chubb. I'm a big favorite, and I think Chubb has a higher floor. I'm a little spooked because you never know when Flacco won't be hitting his deep ball and Brown ends up with a 2/22.

That's funny, I have the same decision and I'm leaning JB.  I'm worried KC gets up big early and then its the Duke Johnson show.  

I've got a feeling this Steelers/Ravens game may be high scoring.  I hear you about Flacco .  He usually gets up for the big games though

11 hours ago, Jman18980 said:

That's funny, I have the same decision and I'm leaning JB.  I'm worried KC gets up big early and then its the Duke Johnson show.  

I've got a feeling this Steelers/Ravens game may be high scoring.  I hear you about Flacco .  He usually gets up for the big games though

It's close either way. I definitely can't argue that Brown is a bad start. I'm fully prepared to be wrong.

13 hours ago, zftcg said:

Yup.   Ravens don't use Brown enough on intermediate routes. He's open all the time.

On 11/3/2018 at 7:14 PM, zftcg said:

I kind of wish I hadn't been right about this. The rule on Brown heading into yesterday was to start him if he was at home and/or a favorite. He had both going for him yesterday and crapped the bed. I'll still probably use him off the bye, but he's definitely reminded us that he has a low floor.

22 hours ago, DBDynasty said:

I was pretty high on him until this week. Is he a good buy low or is he too boom or bust to trust? His schedule certainly looks favorable. 

i own him in a couple leagues and will be benching him til further notice. he’s only had one double digit full ppr game in his last five contests. and has failed to top 28 yds in 3 of those games. he will probably have one or two more good games but predicting them maybe more frustrating than anything

1 hour ago, jm192 said:

If Flacco misses time, I have to imagine Brown takes a hit. 

Damn shame. The schedule is absolutely delightful too after the bye. Was a buy low to me...until the Flacco/L. Jackson news hit.

Who knows...maybe L. Jackson lights the world on fire. I'm pretty fed up with BALT's lame offense under Flacco where he peppers three random TEs underneath and Snead all the time. Open the damn thing up already Harbaugh.

Anyone still planning on starting him if RG3 or Lamar are under center? My alternative is Sutton, who has a tough matchup, so I might take a chance.

39 minutes ago, zftcg said:

Anyone still planning on starting him if RG3 or Lamar are under center? My alternative is Sutton, who has a tough matchup, so I might take a chance.

I’m flip flopping between him and Golden Tate in my last WR spot.  I’d have more confidence in Tate if he’d have played more last week. 

49 minutes ago, zftcg said:

Such a tasty matchup vs the Bengals, but there is no way I can trust RG3 or Lamar chucking the ball to him on a consistent basis. Starting Lockett tonight instead. 

38 minutes ago, Boone22 said:

I’m flip flopping between him and Golden Tate in my last WR spot.  I’d have more confidence in Tate if he’d have played more last week. 

25 minutes ago, Spock said:

Such a tasty matchup vs the Bengals, but there is no way I can trust RG3 or Lamar chucking the ball to him on a consistent basis. Starting Lockett tonight instead. 

Hilarious. I'm between Tate, Lockett, and Brown. Currently in that order.

1 hour ago, zftcg said:

I'm trying to decide between him or D. Martin in my flex.  This QB situation is volatile and I want to wait a week to see what happens.  But I'm still flip flopping back and forth.

4 minutes ago, jtd13 said:

Hilarious. I'm between Tate, Lockett, and Brown. Currently in that order.

Hilarious I was deciding between him and Lockett in my WR3.  Lockett is in.  And now I'm trying to decide between Brown or D. Martin in my flex.

in one 16 team dynasty have a bunch of players on bye (Breida, Chubb, Gordon, Kittle) and will probably have to start him. In another 16 teamer it is him or DJ Moore

anybody see him today? Box score has him with 7 targets which is a good sign, but he had 1 catch for 20-some yards. Hoping this guy can build to something for the playoffs

Bills agreed to terms with John Brown, formerly of the Ravens, on a three-year, $27 million contract.

The deal includes a little over $10 million guaranteed. Despite his struggles to produce once Lamar Jackson took over, Brown rehabbed his value during his one year in Baltimore by staying healthy and producing a 34-601-4 line in nine games with Joe Flacco. The owner of a career 15-yards-per-catch average, Brown is a great fit with Josh Allen, although he will have to compete for deep targets with 2018 standout Robert Foster.

RELATED: 

Baltimore Ravens

SOURCE: Adam Caplan on Twitter

Mar 12, 2019, 10:40 AM

WGR 550 Buffalo's Sal Capaccio reports John Brown has been the "most impressive offensive player" to this point at Bills camp.

Brown and Zay Jones have routinely been operating as the starters on the outside with the first-team offense. Cole Beasley has been in the slot, and Robert Foster has mainly worked with the twos. Per Capaccio, Josh Allen has unleashed "several" deep shots to Brown in practice, and Brown has been coming down with them while also being a fixture in the red-zone sequences. Foster exploded with Allen's big arm over the second half of last season. Brown could rebound in a big way in Buffalo after being left for dead with Lamar Jackson last year following a hot start with Joe Flacco. Brown's current ADP is laughably low at WR67.

SOURCE: WGR 550 Buffalo

Jul 27, 2019, 2:01 PM ET

In his 1st 7 games of last year, he was averaging nearly 80 yards per game, he also had 4 TD's in that span.

He was pacing for 1280 and 9. 

Flacco played the 1st 9 games.  In those 9 games, Flacco averaged 273 yards per contest.  In weeks 8/9, he averaged 199 yards per game. 

He reportedly injured his hip in the opening series of the Pittsburgh game in week 9, so let's call that a wash.

If you count his bad game in week 8, Brown still averaged 73.25 yards per game and 0.5 TD/game over 8 contests, that extrapolates to 1172 and 8. 

I'm not saying Allen is an elite QB, but he's a guy that can definitely push the ball down the field.  If Brown can get a full 16 games of decent QB play, he can be a WR3.  And his ADP is way way lower than that.

• Like 2