What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Martavis Bryant (1 Viewer)

I think Bryant becoming a solid #2 will be extremely beneficial to another player on the team. Namely, Markus Wheaton. He has the speed and elusiveness to be a solid slot receiver and with Brown and Bryant on the outside he could get a ridiculous number of open looks, especially if Heath is streaking down the field as well.

I don't think it's a coincidence that Wheaton's first TD came after Bryant showed up. I don't think he could handle the pressure of being #2 in a pro offense yet and having another WR to share the load will be great for him.
I don't know if "streaking down the field" is the right term.

Incidentally I'll be starting Brown, Bryant, and Big Ben this week.
Oh if only you had said this statement a week ago!
Had I started Bryant or Ben I'd have broke my league's all time scoring record.
I'd like to know how last week stacks up historically in regards to scoring. We had a guy in our league almost break our TD record without even having a Steeler (Brady, Foster, Tate, Maclin, E. Sanders, D Thomas...). Also, that team along with three others all had scores that ranked in the top 10 for the season. I was one of them, but unfortunately I lost to one of the other ones...

my brother scored within a few percentage points of the all time record scoring last week, and he didn't want to drop his kicker, so he started the SF kicker on bye and took a zero. He had Gronk/Brown/Bell/Sanders/KC going. And he started Tannehill as his starting qb on bye so he left a lot of points out there on the table. One of those weeks I guess.

my brother scored within a few percentage points of the all time record scoring last week, and he didn't want to drop his kicker, so he started the SF kicker on bye and took a zero. He had Gronk/Brown/Bell/Sanders/KC going. And he started Tannehill as his starting qb on bye so he left a lot of points out there on the table. One of those weeks I guess.
Yeah, one of the other teams had Gronk. The team I played against had Forte, Ivory, Brown, and the MN defense. I only lost about 136 to 133 even though he out TDed me 6 to 3. Turns out MN going to overtime and scoring did me in...

Then last week you have a career day of career days. You can't expect that type of volume realistically.
He has not really had much voume, (5 & 7 targets) and while it was a career day for Ben last week, Bryant had most of those targets in the 1st half and early in the 3rd quarter so the stat padding wasn't really done to Bryant's benefit or because of abnormal amount of targets.

I just watched the condensed version of the game and was surprised that most of Bryant's targets were early on in the game. I think he even caught two passes on the first drive. He has only had 12 targets and 7 catches in two games. Its quite surprising looking at his usage and scoring to see how productive he has been with those targets as they are extremely high value targets.

What is exciting to me at least is if his snap counts go up from here, because volume is not even part of the equation right now. If he even got 8-10 targets a game I think we would all love the results.

For those who have never been exposed to its raw epicness:

Philo said:
Rylenol said:
Basically, what I'm really trying to understand is why in the heck people hold fantasy drafts earlier than week 3 (at least) of the preseason? It doesn't make any sense to me and I'm baffled by those that use the excuse that they couldn't wait. Just, why?
:rolleyes: Typical guppy.

Waaah, waaah, you cry, this game is too hard!

Sorry son, but I don't have to dumb down The Sport just so noobs like you have a chance at keeping up.

I play in a $4,000 entry, Super-WCOFF, triple-reverse, double down, mirror league with a modified PPFDR base 8 scoring system, and we just held our draft in July. For the 2013 season. You think Matt Barkley getting the start in USC is news? I drafted him after studying up on him, after he signed his letter of intent, last year. You think that maybe going with a WR in the first two rounds instead of back-to-back RBs is somehow new thinking in fantasy? Well, do you have the balls to do what I did this year when I didn't take my first RB until the fourth round (Roderick Smith, Harding High School of Indiana)? You've probably never even heard of Martavis Bryant, Kyle Prater, or Darius White, yet not only did I draft them this year to form my future WR core, I've also started referring to them by fantasy board nicknames (Super Mart, KPrater, & DoubleDarius). Hell, guys like you are going to be the poor schmucks who are searching this board five years from now for info on some great RB you just heard of out of the middle of nowhere in Alaska, and the FBG search result box is going to come up with this very post, where I brag about nabbing Isaiah Weeks of the Monroe Catholic Rams at the 25.32/26.01 turn a full two months before he lit up Delta Junction for 193 yards/2 TDs or Ketchikan for 183 rushing yards, 55 rec yards, & 2 TDs. You'll be wondering about his durability and I'll remember a phone call I made back when you were just hearing the name "Knowshon Moreno" for the first time to the kid's doctor in Fairbanks about the sprain he suffered in his left ankle in 2008.

Let me give you a tip, IT = INFO, and there's no "expires by" date on it.

:football:

PHILO

He's definitely worth taking a shot on in waivers. Spent 25% of my overall budget on him. Getting late in the year and potential starting receivers are becoming scarce.

Then last week you have a career day of career days. You can't expect that type of volume realistically.
He has not really had much voume, (5 & 7 targets) and while it was a career day for Ben last week, Bryant had most of those targets in the 1st half and early in the 3rd quarter so the stat padding wasn't really done to Bryant's benefit or because of abnormal amount of targets.

I just watched the condensed version of the game and was surprised that most of Bryant's targets were early on in the game. I think he even caught two passes on the first drive. He has only had 12 targets and 7 catches in two games. Its quite surprising looking at his usage and scoring to see how productive he has been with those targets as they are extremely high value targets.

What is exciting to me at least is if his snap counts go up from here, because volume is not even part of the equation right now. If he even got 8-10 targets a game I think we would all love the results.
I read that Wheaton and Bryant were basically splitting snaps during the first two games too. Imagine if he ceases the majority which I fully expect? I'm sure Ben's trust factor played into the targets as well because I'm sure he had to get a feel for him. I can only believe they are going up up up from this point on especially in the red zone. I don't think Ben's huge game was an aberration. I think they finally completed their receiving core.

He's definitely worth taking a shot on in waivers. Spent 25% of my overall budget on him. Getting late in the year and potential starting receivers are becoming scarce.
Agreed. I spent my last $21, have $0 left so I look at him as my last great pickup opp for the year. I liked that his bye coincides with Gordon coming back in week12, decent matchups till then.

The real benefactor here is Ben by the way..... :cool:

Brown is off the charts

Bell moves the chains as well as anyone

line looks better than in years

Heath is still heath

That O can move on anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Philo said:
Rylenol said:
Basically, what I'm really trying to understand is why in the heck people hold fantasy drafts earlier than week 3 (at least) of the preseason? It doesn't make any sense to me and I'm baffled by those that use the excuse that they couldn't wait. Just, why?
:rolleyes: Typical guppy.Waaah, waaah, you cry, this game is too hard!

Sorry son, but I don't have to dumb down The Sport just so noobs like you have a chance at keeping up.

I play in a $4,000 entry, Super-WCOFF, triple-reverse, double down, mirror league with a modified PPFDR base 8 scoring system, and we just held our draft in July. For the 2013 season. You think Matt Barkley getting the start in USC is news? I drafted him after studying up on him, after he signed his letter of intent, last year. You think that maybe going with a WR in the first two rounds instead of back-to-back RBs is somehow new thinking in fantasy? Well, do you have the balls to do what I did this year when I didn't take my first RB until the fourth round (Roderick Smith, Harding High School of Indiana)? You've probably never even heard of Martavis Bryant, Kyle Prater, or Darius White, yet not only did I draft them this year to form my future WR core, I've also started referring to them by fantasy board nicknames (Super Mart, KPrater, & DoubleDarius). Hell, guys like you are going to be the poor schmucks who are searching this board five years from now for info on some great RB you just heard of out of the middle of nowhere in Alaska, and the FBG search result box is going to come up with this very post, where I brag about nabbing Isaiah Weeks of the Monroe Catholic Rams at the 25.32/26.01 turn a full two months before he lit up Delta Junction for 193 yards/2 TDs or Ketchikan for 183 rushing yards, 55 rec yards, & 2 TDs. You'll be wondering about his durability and I'll remember a phone call I made back when you were just hearing the name "Knowshon Moreno" for the first time to the kid's doctor in Fairbanks about the sprain he suffered in his left ankle in 2008.

Let me give you a tip, IT = INFO, and there's no "expires by" date on it. :football:

PHILO
I feel like a better person for just reading this.

My main focus is my dynasty team right now, but he's looked great, and I did watch him in both games. Waldman commented on his improved route running in an article this week. He is displacing Wheaton. Ben wants a downfield threat. What's not to love? Definitely not a two week wonder. Will he keep up this current pace?, of course not. 3 TDs in two games is a lot, but he will be heavily involved going forward. Hop on while you can.

Philo said:
Rylenol said:
:rolleyes: Typical guppy.

Waaah, waaah, you cry, this game is too hard!

Let me give you a tip, IT = INFO, and there's no "expires by" date on it.

:football:

PHILO
Martavis Bryant, Kyle Prater, or Darius White,

Who's the other 2 guys? :) curious...

Dropped Decker for him and not even looking back. Redraft obviously. Thinking of starting him over Randle from the Giants considering I'm also starting ODB. The kid has looked great, and I think he'll see more targets as the weeks go on.

I think Bryant becoming a solid #2 will be extremely beneficial to another player on the team. Namely, Markus Wheaton. He has the speed and elusiveness to be a solid slot receiver and with Brown and Bryant on the outside he could get a ridiculous number of open looks, especially if Heath is streaking down the field as well.

I don't think it's a coincidence that Wheaton's first TD came after Bryant showed up. I don't think he could handle the pressure of being #2 in a pro offense yet and having another WR to share the load will be great for him.
I don't know if "streaking down the field" is the right term.
*Lumbering down the field

"CB Jimmy Smith (foot) did not participate in practice Friday, Oct. 31, and has been ruled out of the team's Week 9 game. "

Fire up the Bryant Bus. :drive:

Can he get a 4th TD in his first three games while simultaneously getting at least 1 TDs in his first 3 consecutive games as a rookie? I'd be interested to know if this has ever happened before.

"CB Jimmy Smith (foot) did not participate in practice Friday, Oct. 31, and has been ruled out of the team's Week 9 game. "

Fire up the Bryant Bus. :drive:

Can he get a 4th TD in his first three games while simultaneously getting at least 1 TDs in his first 3 consecutive games as a rookie? I'd be interested to know if this has ever happened before.
He will get a minimum of 2 deep passes thrown his way Sunday.

Agreed. I spent my last $21, have $0 left so I look at him as my last great pickup opp for the year. I liked that his bye coincides with Gordon coming back in week12, decent matchups till then.
:hifive:
Started over T. Williams/Fitz. :)

I am pretty sure no rookie WR has ever had a TD in his first 3 consecutive games to start career; he actually got 4 in his first 3 games. He's getting almost 3 points per target in ppr which is amazing production. Too bad he doesn't get more targets, but his targets are of such high value that he can live with only 5-7 targets a game.

I am pretty sure no rookie WR has ever had a TD in his first 3 consecutive games to start career; he actually got 4 in his first 3 games. He's getting almost 3 points per target in ppr which is amazing production. Too bad he doesn't get more targets, but his targets are of such high value that he can live with only 5-7 targets a game.
Add another

The WW gem of the year might be upon us. I honestly didn't think Ben could sustain production like this to anyone more than Brown, and I am absolutely eating crow on that one.

I am pretty sure no rookie WR has ever had a TD in his first 3 consecutive games to start career; he actually got 4 5 in his first 3 games. He's getting almost 3 points per target in ppr which is amazing production. Too bad he doesn't get more targets, but his targets are of such high value that he can live with only 5-7 targets a game.
Add another
Fixed. Won my league for me this week after FOles goes down. Thanks Bryant! :pickle: :clap:

Last edited by a moderator:
He gave me a shot. Total crap week after Foles went down and still may lose but he gave me a shot.

Benched him for Hawkins :(

I did take out Terrence Williams and put in Mike Evans this morning, so I'm still happy. But it would have been awesome to get four TDs from two waiver wire rookie WRs in one game...

Users who are viewing this thread