What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What movie to watch next? (1 Viewer)

Hastur

Footballguy
In the past few days, I've watched:

Harold and Maude

Seven Samurai

What movie should I follow it up with? Something available on Netflix/hulu/amazon please. I'm looking for an all-time classic that I haven't seen yet. Yes, I've seen Citizen Kane and The Treasure of the Sierra madre.

I'm looking for an 'outside the box', off the beaten path movie that will blow my socks off like the two above.

City of God (2002) is the first one off the top of my head.

As per http://www.canistream.it you can rent on Google Play for $3 and buy for $10 on Amazon and Google Play. Easily one of the best movies I've ever seen, and #21 on the IMDB Top 250. Subtitled, but it's so good that you won't care.

Moon.

ETA: NM, it's not streaming. Try Europa Report instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
City of God (2002) is the first one off the top of my head.

As per http://www.canistream.it you can rent on Google Play for $3 and buy for $10 on Amazon and Google Play. Easily one of the best movies I've ever seen, and #21 on the IMDB Top 250. Subtitled, but it's so good that you won't care.
I've heard of it, but haven't watched it. It's officially 'next'.

Thanks!

Really hard to do suggestions without knowing what you've seen or like, but I tried to get at least one from each decade:

1950s: The Killing - Kubrick doing the out of order heist thing almost 40 years before Tarantino

1960s: Repulsion - remember being blown away by this - my favorite of Polanski

1970s: Days of Heaven - might be be most beautifully shot movie I've seen.

1980s: Blue Velvet or Blood Simple

1990s: The Sweet Hereafter

2000s: Amores Perros - really hadn't given foreign movies a chance and this was one of the first I watched and made me want to look into others.

Sorry, I don't do the streaming thing, so not sure if any are available to you.

Really hard to do suggestions without knowing what you've seen or like, but I tried to get at least one from each decade:

1950s: The Killing - Kubrick doing the out of order heist thing almost 40 years before Tarantino

1960s: Repulsion - remember being blown away by this - my favorite of Polanski

1970s: Days of Heaven - might be be most beautifully shot movie I've seen.

1980s: Blue Velvet or Blood Simple

1990s: The Sweet Hereafter

2000s: Amores Perros - really hadn't given foreign movies a chance and this was one of the first I watched and made me want to look into others.

Sorry, I don't do the streaming thing, so not sure if any are available to you.
Thanks Karma! I'll look into seeing if netflix or hulu has them.

If there's a movie rec thread I'd like to know about it. There are all kinds of movie threads but where do you go to talk about what good movies FBGs have seen?

Anyway 'Brooklyn' with Saorise Rhonan is a great movie. I don't know why it doesn't get more notice. If it's on cable DVR it. If you got a chick or wife definitely something the GF will enjoy.

And if you're Irish or Italian or from an immigrant family and you're in touch with that it'll hit ya. Good flick.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been putting off There Will Be Blood for years, maybe because it's over 2.5 hours. Finally watched it on Netflix the other night. Terrific. I wished it were longer. 

If there's a movie rec thread I'd like to know about it. There are all kinds of movie threads but where do you go to talk about what good movies FBGs have seen?

Anyway 'Brooklyn' with Saorise Rhonan is a great movie. I don't know why it doesn't get more notice. If it's on cable DVR it. If you got a chick or wife definitely something the GF will enjoy.

And if you're Irish or Italian or from an immigrant family and you're in touch with that it'll hit ya. Good flick.
The movie rental thread on page 3 has become the catch all for reviews: on streaming/disc, in the theater, tv shows, etc

Users who are viewing this thread