What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Vice Principals, Starring Danny McBride - New HBO Series (1 Viewer)

Kenny mfn Powers and Booooooooooyd Crowder together in an HBO comedy?

EptBr7.gif

Yeah, I'm in for now.  It's getting some good buzz and reviews so it's got potential.  However, it's only planned as a 2 season long series so don't get too excited.  McBride himself has said so.

Yeah, I'm in for now.  It's getting some good buzz and reviews so it's got potential.  However, it's only planned as a 2 season long series so don't get too excited.  McBride himself has said so.
Based on the premise, I would think it might only have potential for one season. 

Really want to like this, but two episodes in and it hasn't really held my attention. Walton Goggins is pretty funny, McBride is... well, he's the same as every other character of his.  I don't know if it's the writing or what, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of meat on the bone. 

Yeah, nothing spectacular but definitely worth a few laughs.  Goggins is on point.  I'm in for the season but not expecting Eastbound quality.  

not overly impressed, but ironically (for a mcbride vehicle), it's the more subtle things that i think are good here...eg goggins smoking a virgina slim.

I'm a fan. I'm basically in until it's over.

I love McBride. Goggins is fantastic too. 

Probably not for everyone, but this gives me my Kenny Powers fix.

Goggins is a revelation in a comedic role.  McBride is .... McBride.  You know what you're getting and you get it. 

Still undecided on the series overall but hope springs eternal. 

Tonight is going to be make or break for me.  I see the potential in this show, but it just not hitting the mark so far. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Tonight is going to be make or break for me.  I see the potential in this show, but it just hitting the mark so far. 
I already gave up.  I like McBride and especially Goggins but this show isn't doing anything for me.  In an already crowded list of shows I have to watch/catch up on, a new show really has to get my attention in order for me to stick with it.  Something is missing and I can't put my finger on exactly why, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I already gave up.  I like McBride and especially Goggins but this show isn't doing anything for me.  In an already crowded list of shows I have to watch/catch up on, a new show really has to get my attention in order for me to stick with it.  Something is missing and I can't put my finger on exactly why, though.
I don't really even know what it's about yet. 

Is it about the two of them screwing with the new principle, is it about him trying to get with blondey, is it about his relationship with his daughter?  Like I get that it's mainly just a vehicle for him to do his schtick, but there has to be some cohesive plot as well.  Eastbound and Down was the same humor, but it followed a story too. 

Too much Belinda Brown in this episode, prob my least favorite of the season. McBride and Goggins are just so funny together though.

The Beej scene had me :lmao:

This is going to sound strange because Goggins already burned down the lady's house, but I was surprised how far he was willing to go. Like spray painting things and all that stuff, yeah. Then he poured lsd into the football teams cooler!  I knew that he'd #### with the principal obviously, but I didn't think he'd mess with the students. 

The faces that Goggins was making during the prayer were killing me. I like the show. Even if McBride is a little one note- it's a pretty good note.

Users who are viewing this thread