What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Proving Grounds - League Network - ESPN .5 PPR Standard (1 Viewer)

Pengs and Phils

Footballguy

The Proving Grounds is a free three tiered league network geared towards new owners and a competitive atmosphere where any owner can show their skills. The league features an official site with owner history, recent NFL news and analysis and complete rules and information on the league. Each year, 72 owners begin, and compete over three seasons to eventually crown a single champion. Founded in 2012, its inaugural year was a great success. The following year added a new class of owners as those who advanced from the inaugural year competed in the second tier. This year there will be over 100 owners competing in three separate tiers, and will see our first champion be crowned. In total, over 150 owners have competed in TPG, and signups for the 2014 class are now open for 72 more owners! TPG is open to all, and features league competition history among other things. With new owners receiving priority over those who have competed before, TPG is geared to new owners looking to get into competitive fantasy football. Check out the full information below and throughout the site.

Basic League Settings:
ESPN Leagues
12 Teams
Standard Fractional Scoring with 0.5 PPR
Standard ESPN Rosters

Tiers Concept - The Proving Grounds is a three tiered league network. Unlike others, an owner does not stay in the same tier, ever. The owner must advance or reapply for the first tier. The first tier has six leagues, the second tier has two, and the final tier is a single league. Through these tiers, a group of 72 owners is eventually narrowed down to a single league. Each group of owners is referred to as a class, and each class is identified by a year. The year is the first season the class started competition. To advance from the first tier to the second tier, you must place in the top four. In the second tier, you must place in the top six. Those who advance from the second tier compete in a final league for al the marbles. Full tier workings can be found in our rules section.

What Makes TPG Different - The Proving Grounds is open to all owners. In fact, we give a priority to new owners! You can find our full policy on our site. This allows for any owner to show their skills and help them get into good leagues. All owner history is put on the site for anyone to see. The particular tier setup was formulae specifically for TPG and cannot be found anywhere else. TPG has a proven and track record for reliable leagues with a higher level of competition and activity found in most leagues. Each league has its own LM to oversee activity, and the tiered setup promotes fun and free competition. We hope you sign up!

If you have any questions, check for information on the site. If you cannot find what you are looking for, contact us or post in the thread and your questions will be answered.

Last edited by a moderator:
I sighed up 2 days ago, I was supposed to get an email by now?
Yes, emails should be received immediately. There appears to be a small issue with the confirmation email being sent as a few people are not receiving theirs, and I am terribly sorry about that. I have your application and I am PM'ing you the confirmation email right now.

I never recieved a invite. Been awhile since I applied
Sorry, I just send you a PM with the confirmation email as well. We do not send out invites until we fill. There is a date range given for invites in the PM I sent you.

For anyone who applies, invites will go out around June 15th to 22nd and anyone who applies will be emailed if anything changes.

Users who are viewing this thread