What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (2 Viewers)

Honda ran into a monster. In a 40-man war, we are down 111 to 102 and have realistic shot at winning. The good news is that a couple months ago, we would have been 25+ stars behind and lamenting the lack of a honey pot.

Edit to add that only three more bases need a star, and we have a path to get those.
You should see the beast that Quattro got paired up with :kicksrock:
Best of luck with all that.
:lmao:

Yeah, Quattro up against a clan of asian cyborgs, it's not going to be pretty.
Perfect through 7 attacks including our 3 and two other TH9s...

still doing +5 or we switching gears
It doesn't look like it but we are stomping them in the math department.

VA if practical can you hold off just in case we need to pickup a low set of stars? We may be able to do ok with just singles in the top 10 from TH9.

I think we sweep the leg if we can just work up from the bottom turning every 0 or 1 into 2+.

I'm gonna hog the #### out of 15 soon.

I need to start Looning in Wars. The max GOxxxx just isn't built for 3 stars. It's a solid 1, usually 2 but 3 stars is a rarity (at least for me).

Our opponent has significantly stronger bases than us and they are better than us, but apparently that isn't enough and they are also sandboxing us.

It's really hard for me to understand how the game could be fun like that. I mean raiding has already gotten boring and it's only the thrill of war that keeps me interested. But how can there be a thrill when you are sandboxing?

PlasmaDogPlasma said:
Our opponent has significantly stronger bases than us and they are better than us, but apparently that isn't enough and they are also sandboxing us.

It's really hard for me to understand how the game could be fun like that. I mean raiding has already gotten boring and it's only the thrill of war that keeps me interested. But how can there be a thrill when you are sandboxing?
How can you tell they are sandboxing? At this point I setup all my traps and spells with the idea that I know they are sandboxing and there's really nothing they can do about it. My dgb spots are obvious, but you can't pre trip them and you can't count on getting hogs to track around them. If you leave gb on the edge to be tripped it's really your own fault at this point.

About the only value I see is that you can I guess know the contents of the CC and plan for it, but everyone has a pretty good solution for CC unless you roll in with a penthound and a Drag and minions pop out with air skeles, then your fooked.

Ok how about this wild ### plan for 15. Doc is going to hate this.

What we know. deep untrippable dgb in the north compartment with teslas to drag hogs up and over. ground skeles up north. cc is a standard witch/wiz/arch mix. Maybe saw a minion in there not sure.

Queen is not exposed but accessible enough to go in and get.

This is going to sound really wildass, but hear me out.

From the north. Send in a bomb and cc and skeleton kill squad of: CC golem and 6 furs backed with a, wait for it......

A HEALER 2 witch 4 wiz and my shiny new AQ20. Healer will not take any damage up there. Completely cut off from anti air. once cc is popped and engaged then.......

Then send 2 furs 2 wbs and L20 King at his L10Queen. Two finger drop aimed at the NE wiz cluster and one finger at the queen. 4 heals.

What could possibly go wrong?

PlasmaDogPlasma said:

How can you tell they are sandboxing? At this point I setup all my traps and spells with the idea that I know they are sandboxing and there's really nothing they can do about it. My dgb spots are obvious, but you can't pre trip them and you can't count on getting hogs to track around them. If you leave gb on the edge to be tripped it's really your own fault at this point.

About the only value I see is that you can I guess know the contents of the CC and plan for it, but everyone has a pretty good solution for CC unless you roll in with a penthound and a Drag and minions pop out with air skeles, then your fooked.
If you get the chance, bring over an account to watch the attack on my base. It may or may not have been sandboxed, but he got the hogs around the GDBs. Next level hogging imho.

PlasmaDogPlasma said:

If you get the chance, bring over an account to watch the attack on my base. It may or may not have been sandboxed, but he got the hogs around the GDBs. Next level hogging imho.
I've lost track what clan are you in

PlasmaDogPlasma said:

I've lost track what clan are you in
Quattro

PlasmaDogPlasma said:

These guys do have great skill in hog pathing even knowing where the DGBs are, but they clearly know where they are. They're either triggering or pathing around the spots where they are, while going right over spots where DGBs could be.

The attack on bb might not be too fishy. I mean he did it more or less textbook and didn't even have his queen up.

He sent in a lot of hogs to go pop the cc and I bet try to test that section for BB. His deployment was the same style the viet used where they spread out. If your point defenses are as spread out as yours it is effective because a 5 spell TH10 hogger can just last forever with a wide spacing and know that if they hit some gb it won't hurt them too bad. I mean you still got like 9 of his hogs with DGB.

The way he dealt with your cc was pro level. but not fishy. Dragons are useless vs. ground for the most part.

I think his deployment pattern was actually pretty poor and he got kinduv lucky that his wiz stayed mostly wide and all hit the south section at just the right time.

This is also one of the reasons why a symmetrical base is a no-no. For hogs a symmetrical base like this makes pathing very easy to project.

The attack on bb might not be too fishy. I mean he did it more or less textbook and didn't even have his queen up.

He sent in a lot of hogs to go pop the cc and I bet try to test that section for BB. His deployment was the same style the viet used where they spread out. If your point defenses are as spread out as yours it is effective because a 5 spell TH10 hogger can just last forever with a wide spacing and know that if they hit some gb it won't hurt them too bad. I mean you still got like 9 of his hogs with DGB.

The way he dealt with your cc was pro level. but not fishy. Dragons are useless vs. ground for the most part.

I think his deployment pattern was actually pretty poor and he got kinduv lucky that his wiz stayed mostly wide and all hit the south section at just the right time.

This is also one of the reasons why a symmetrical base is a no-no. For hogs a symmetrical base like this makes pathing very easy to project.
Watch some of the other hog attacks. They either know where the DGBs are or they are the luckiest MFers on the planet.

I'm a big OneHive fanboi and I see some of them do amazing things with hogs and potential DGB spots, but not like these guys.

You guys are just falling to TH10 hog raids. 25 more spots and 5 spells are a mother####er.

And your bases are just begging for it. So symetrical. PDP yours needs to be completely scrapped imo.

What's interesting is they don't seem to be particularly concerned with the queen.

Last edited by a moderator:
See, look how Buck's base worked for this. His towers are all over the place a little splash here a little point there and the TH is shaded. He shut that guy's hogs down quick.

He got a little help from having a stray wiz left in the cc but his cc spot really helped make that happen.

From quattro the 4 bases below need to be tossed out and started over imo. Bucky is really the only one following the modern design rules that can make 3 stars really a huge pain in the ###.

PDP - why don't you copy SUPERBASE? It's absolutely unstoppable. Not sure how many wars we are on now but it's at least 20-0 at this point versus top level clans.

Blackbox - Acer's base is going to end up being SUPERBASE2.0 and is worth copying, but it's in beta phase right now. Tower and traps are still under development.

Myk - Turtles last base #16 is the other one to copy. The exposed TH is a really fun sucker touch.

CN - Turtles 24 is solid. Has a few flaws but with skulls and legos most of those can be dealt with.

See, look how Buck's base worked for this. His towers are all over the place a little splash here a little point there and the TH is shaded. He shut that guy's hogs down quick.

He got a little help from having a stray wiz left in the cc but his cc spot really helped make that happen.
buck only suggestion is maybe use your walls circling your cc to make more imperfect junctions on the edge. Not a real reason to totally encircle your clan castle. Can make wall busting harder. VA had a post about it yesterday.

You guys are just falling to TH10 hog raids. 25 more spots and 5 spells are a mother####er.

And your bases are just begging for it. So symetrical. PDP yours needs to be completely scrapped imo.

What's interesting is they don't seem to be particularly concerned with the queen.
If my base is that bad, I would have thought FBGS would have managed more than one star on it when they faced it ;)

But yeah, it's been three starred now so I'll be looking for something else. Where can I find this Superbase?

If my base is that bad, I would have thought FBGS would have managed more than one star on it when they faced it ;)

But yeah, it's been three starred now so I'll be looking for something else. Where can I find this Superbase?
It's my current war base. It's stopped everything.

PDP

Can I invite you?

We had another request at the same time and I hit reject for the wrong one of course.

I'm sorry - let me know.

I'm an idiot - this is like the 4th time I've done it too

It's my current war base. It's stopped everything.
I have a screen shot from a few weeks ago, don't know how much it's changed since then and don't want to publish it here.

Looks like I need to change it from invite only to open to get him back in without the wait time

PDP post here when youre ready

and ill keep f4ing and open it immediately

Watch some of the other hog attacks. They either know where the DGBs are or they are the luckiest MFers on the planet.

I'm a big OneHive fanboi and I see some of them do amazing things with hogs and potential DGB spots, but not like these guys.
What stood out to me was the precision these guys have on the first attack. These weren't cleanup attacks.

What a disaster...

I opened the doors and immediately had the clan full with people

Like in the snap of a half second.

Not sure how to invite PDP directly. Let me look it up - I think we need to be friends on Game CenteR?

What a disaster...

I opened the doors and immediately had the clan full with people

Like in the snap of a half second.

Not sure how to invite PDP directly. Let me look it up - I think we need to be friends on Game CenteR?
dont they have to be accepted?

Yeah, I'm on the fence about how fishy the attack really is.

I'm all about putting up whatever base Acer is using, this is one I put together and I don't think tweaking it is going to save it :(

Now where do I get the base he is using?

Yeah, I'm on the fence about how fishy the attack really is.

I'm all about putting up whatever base Acer is using, this is one I put together and I don't think tweaking it is going to save it :(

Now where do I get the base he is using?
send me your email address

Users who are viewing this thread