What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (8 Viewers)

Our top TH9 just got GoWiWi-ed for 3

His last WT actually killed the last attacking witch, but her shot was already in the air and finished the WT.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, Culd, a TH9 with 19/19 heroes just 3-starred our top TH9 using an attack you have declared obsolete against a base you recommended from the "turtles" clan a few pages ago.

I think they're reading this thread.

Yeah, Culd, a TH9 with 19/19 heroes just 3-starred our top TH9 using an attack you have declared obsolete against a base you recommended from the "turtles" clan a few pages ago.

There are always some exceptions. Sometimes a gowipe luck boxes a 3. What walls does that base have
lol

This wasn't luck.

Guy knows how to use a GoXXXX for 3 stars. He attacked at the opening bell. Clearly it's his forte.

Another item of note in that video is he only took 3 hounds when I think most people would have taken 4 for those bases. Obviously the heal spells helped them last longer.
I actually had 4 cooked for my attack thinking that was standard, looked up this video, and dropped to 3. It really couldn't have worked better, to the point I'm sure stars were aligning in ways I'm not even aware of. Really wish I could simply record my attack and post here, but it basically is the exact same thing he did so it wouldn't help much anyway.
You in FBGs?
Honda. Attack on #4
A thing of beauty.

There are always some exceptions. Sometimes a gowipe luck boxes a 3. What walls does that base have
lol

This wasn't luck.

Guy knows how to use a GoXXXX for 3 stars. He attacked at the opening bell. Clearly it's his forte.
Anyone know his army composition?

lol

This wasn't luck.

Here it is

Need a plan for 2nd attacks over in fbgs.

Myself included, our attacks as a whole this entire war have been ugly.

Think we need to focus on 3 starring a whole bunch of TH9's that are still out there.

lol

This wasn't luck.

Here it is
Dragon in cc is not the right cc for a shader. Always want at least one loon in a shader cc.

That was a slick attack. All TH9 are 3 starrable. You just have to have the right approach. That base is still in development and that is gonna help alot in reshaping the towers.

Dragon in cc is not the right cc for a shader. Always want at least one loon in a shader cc. That was a slick attack. All TH9 are 3 starrable. You just have to have the right approach. That base is still in development and that is gonna help alot in reshaping the towers.
I missed the memo about the correct CC, but I don't think a loon in the CC makes any difference there.

superbase2 changes probably would be pulling more mortar fire in front of th and swap th spot in it's container back 4 spaces to make stuff track a little different. would also swap the high health storages with camps and some other moves.

It's not that far away. But if you watch the onehive video every single one of them have a shaded th and they had 17 TH9 attacks remaining when all the TH9 were 3 starred. Not a single one was a gowipe.

Dragon in cc is not the right cc for a shader. Always want at least one loon in a shader cc. That was a slick attack. All TH9 are 3 starrable. You just have to have the right approach. That base is still in development and that is gonna help alot in reshaping the towers.
I missed the memo about the correct CC, but I don't think a loon in the CC makes any difference there.
of course it does. The concept is you catch the gowoppy guy while he's pounding on walls with splash damage.

4 wiz 1 loon 2 minions arch to fill.

of course it does. The concept is you catch the gowoppy guy while he's pounding on walls with splash damage.

4 wiz 1 loon 2 minions arch to fill.
Ok, but in the attack on me it wouldn't have made a difference because the CC engaged his troops under a jump spell. No walls to pound on.

Just a poor cc choice. Nothing really more to see there. Dragons don't really have a place in an unlurable cc. If it is unlurable you don't want all of it coming out in one shot just on the off chance they do try to send something in to get it out. Want to make it as hard as possible.

Just a poor cc choice. Nothing really more to see there. Dragons don't really have a place in an unlurable cc. If it is unlurable you don't want all of it coming out in one shot just on the off chance they do try to send something in to get it out. Want to make it as hard as possible.
The CC I had takes longer to lure than the 4 wiz, 1 loon, 2 min you suggest :mellow:

Just sayin'.

ETA: Nevermind, that is in place of the dragon, carry on :thumbup:

Couple wiz and a witch in place of the Dragon and it would have been better
I do agree this would have been better against a gowoppy. The CC I ran would have been better against a lavaloon. But I can't use hindsight to know what sort of attack is going to come up against me.

Is the theory that you use a shaded base and use the CC to defend against the Gowipe?

I do agree this would have been better against a gowoppy. The CC I ran would have been better against a lavaloon. But I can't use hindsight to know what sort of attack is going to come up against me.

Is the theory that you use a shaded base and use the CC to defend against the Gowipe?
We've tested dragons vs lavaloon. It's simply not effective versus anything. It's more a novelty at this point.

one brown wiz does the same damage as one L3 dragon. If it's brown you can't flush it down with a zap so it's gonna live to at least get a few shots off. 4 of them is like having 4 dragons in your cc and 2 minions do some serious pop as well and don't die to a zap.

The cc i show is anti lavaloon and anti gowipe. Hogs wouldn't dare attack your base without a scout so that's not a concern.

The skull is to hit the heroes or golems if they send one. archers just to make it a pain in the ###. Witches work well too but I like the efficency of my makeup. I'll add a witch back in when I hit 35

Aiden for 5.

CC is a pretty easy lure. i think 1 fur or two get them out at that archer tower. I would certainly use the ez lure option. Send in 5 hogs to clear out that corner so you can deal with the cc. The furs will tank for the hogs.

I'd send in a mini gowiwi 2 golems 10 wiz kill squad and heroes under a jump and with freeze cover to tackle the cc queen and th. Consider a loon splash for cc. At the same time 2 hounds and lots skulls from the east to attack those two AA. In fact to tie up more of the inferno send those at roughly the same time when you get all the troops down to deal with the th.

This is a safe 2 star solution. if you want to go balls out then risk sending just one golem in for the th and do another hound kill team for the other aa.

Any base can be 3 starred and any excellent attacker can make a 3 star plan.

You do certain things to try to stop that. Black Box was 3 starred. I haven't been more than 80%ed since going to the same base. Black Box being one and me being 18 has a little bit to do with this.

We've tested dragons vs lavaloon. It's simply not effective versus anything. It's more a novelty at this point.

one brown wiz does the same damage as one L3 dragon. If it's brown you can't flush it down with a zap so it's gonna live to at least get a few shots off. 4 of them is like having 4 dragons in your cc and 2 minions do some serious pop as well and don't die to a zap.

The cc i show is anti lavaloon and anti gowipe. Hogs wouldn't dare attack your base without a scout so that's not a concern.

The skull is to hit the heroes or golems if they send one. archers just to make it a pain in the ###. Witches work well too but I like the efficency of my makeup. I'll add a witch back in when I hit 35
I don't have a dragon in my cc either, but the difference in hit points makes the bolded a laughable statement.

The good news is he's out of attacks.

The bad news is that it could be a girl, which adds to the humiliation.

I don't have a dragon in my cc either, but the difference in hit points makes the bolded a laughable statement.
Laughable? Seriously? 4 wiz and 2 minions will do a hell of a lot more damage than a dragon in the time it takes to kill it to either a ground or air attack if the cc is not pulled. If the cc is pulled both die just as quickly to a 212 or a combo of heroes and minions or just heroes.

Dragons are utterly useless as a defensive cc. I love it when i see them. It's like ground xbows. May as well not even be there.

Laughable? Seriously? 4 wiz and 2 minions will do a hell of a lot more damage than a dragon in the time it takes to kill it to either a ground or air attack if the cc is not pulled. If the cc is pulled both die just as quickly to a 212 or a combo of heroes and minions or just heroes.

Dragons are utterly useless as a defensive cc. I love it when i see them. It's like ground xbows. May as well not even be there.
As usual, you need realize that everyone isn't at the same level as you are. Some clans still have TH7s who use dragon attacks against other TH7s. When a Level 4 dragon comes out of a TH7's cc, it's worrisome. When wizards do, it's not even worth watching.

As usual, you need realize that everyone isn't at the same level as you are. Some clans still have TH7s who use dragon attacks against other TH7s. When a Level 4 dragon comes out of a TH7's cc, it's worrisome. When wizards do, it's not even worth watching.
We are talking about an attack on a max TH9. No? A dragon pops out of a max TH9 and it's the least of your concerns.

Users who are viewing this thread