What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (4 Viewers)

Is this is a FBGer?
Nope. friend of
So, what is the verdict here? Jamie is saying he thought this was a farm war. Potting in the first 10 minutes by our top dude is still offensive.

a) let Jamie Jennnnnnkins back in for 2nd attack, then boot (fyi, this will cause Craig to go insane on us)

b) let Jamie Jennnnnnkins have his second chance

c) let Jamie Jennnnnnkins have some time off

He can't re-request right now since he was kicked. Craig is asking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this is a FBGer?
Nope. friend of
So, what is the verdict here? Jamie is saying he thought this was a farm war. Potting in the first 10 minutes by our top dude is still offensive.

a) let Jamie Jennnnnnkins back in for 2nd attack, then boot (fyi, this will cause Craig to go insane on us)

I sent him an invite so he can get his 2nd in but could go either way when the war is over.

Even in farm wars he would usually try for 50% and get the storages. Perplexed why he only hit the townhall in that pot effort with the storages right there as well.

fbgs, we really need to get some of these called attacks in. No whining about "I called that" when it's been sitting there for hours at this point. :cry:

This is very doable if we can get people to attack.

Is this is a FBGer?
Nope. friend of

A!

No apology or anything now that he is back in. We could use a little culling of the TH10 herd ;)

Loonian vs LaLoonian raiding. Which is better?

Cheaper on DE for loonians obviously but not nearly as strong. I roll with 2/24/20 and have no problem with the vast majority of max 9s but it costs over 1K in DE. Does 40 loons + minions wreck most 9s?
No problem at all using 36loon and 20 mins. my only goal right now is DE though

Cliff Clavin said:
Sputnikv8 said:
Is this is a FBGer?
Nope. friend of

A!

No apology or anything now that he is back in. We could use a little culling of the TH10 herd ;)
Ya, if he thinks he can just wait until 2 minutes left and come in and try to play hero to win our love, he can go suck on a tesla. If he is a no show, insta/perma ban.

I'm up 100k DE in 48 hours with the Whitewalker attack

10 healers

10 wb

20 minions

2 dragons

High AQ

4 zaps / 1 rage / 1 EQ

Rage dragons onto DE storage, or healers if you mess up.

Zaps for enemy CC, or AA or inferno if it makes a big difference. Most of the time you use 0 or 1 spell. Quick turnaround on builds.

Thanks to culdeus for suggesting wallbreaker inclusion. It turns some clover variants into easy automatic 1-stars with easy access to DE.
Tried rolling dragons in. They seem to get nailed by seekers before ever even getting a shot off.

10 healers

10 wb

20 minions

2 dragons

High AQ

4 zaps / 1 rage / 1 EQ

Zaps for enemy CC, or AA or inferno if it makes a big difference. Most of the time you use 0 or 1 spell. Quick turnaround on builds.

Thanks to culdeus for suggesting wallbreaker inclusion. It turns some clover variants into easy automatic 1-stars with easy access to DE.
Tried rolling dragons in. They seem to get nailed by seekers before ever even getting a shot off.
If you encountered someone who has 4+ seekers at the DE storage, yeah that is a bad beat. But that certainly is not the norm.

Assuming they target the DE directly (which they should, since you've waited until your AQ has taken out whatever is in the way) then even 2 seeking mines shouldn't stop them. A pair of raged max dragons needs only two breaths to level a DE storage. A dragon hit by a max seeking mine is still left with 600hp.

I deploy the dragons in maybe 1 in 6 cases. Only when they have a direct path, the DE storage has an amount worth raiding, and the AQ herself can't reach it. The majority of times, I'm using just the AQ+healers with a sprinkling of minions/wb to facilitate direction.

For a short while I replaced the dragons with giants and goblins. That worked too, but I'm more comfortable with air so I reverted to dragons/minions. Now that the comp includes a large wallbreaker squad, might be worth revisiting giants/gobs.

Oh and I forgot to mention, for CC I usually take all skulls. They are versatile with this comp. As with the dragons though, I'll keep them leashed in most cases.

10 healers

10 wb

20 minions

2 dragons

High AQ

4 zaps / 1 rage / 1 EQ

If you encountered someone who has 4+ seekers at the DE storage, yeah that is a bad beat. But that certainly is not the norm.

Assuming they target the DE directly (which they should, since you've waited until your AQ has taken out whatever is in the way) then even 2 seeking mines shouldn't stop them. A pair of raged max dragons needs only two breaths to level a DE storage. A dragon hit by a max seeking mine is still left with 600hp.

I deploy the dragons in maybe 1 in 6 cases. Only when they have a direct path, the DE storage has an amount worth raiding, and the AQ herself can't reach it. The majority of times, I'm using just the AQ+healers with a sprinkling of minions/wb to facilitate direction.

For a short while I replaced the dragons with giants and goblins. That worked too, but I'm more comfortable with air so I reverted to dragons/minions. Now that the comp includes a large wallbreaker squad, might be worth revisiting giants/gobs.

Oh and I forgot to mention, for CC I usually take all skulls. They are versatile with this comp. As with the dragons though, I'll keep them leashed in most cases.
Usually if you imagine a 4 sided base with lootcaped de storage in core, I have queen sweep off all buildings between her and the destorage and let her turn the corner. I will zap any anti air she couldn't reach between the side and the de store. I test set down a minion to see where it goes, if it goes to the core, let out 2 drags and maybe some loons if I have them.

So they likely enter a situation where even under rage they are sustaining inferno and xbow fire. Even one or two seekers is enough to stop them cold.

If core diving a 4 healer and loonian buildout with 4 back cooked healers seems a little more effective.

I usually won't let the queen go anywhere near the core unless I'm out of back cooked healers. And even then I usually won't.

max zap completed!

time for some 12 dragon war attacks
AQ walk

1 Hound

8 drags

4 zaps

1 rage

1 haste

Can 3 star most weak TH10 out there with minimal skil.
will definitely try this

how many healers 4?
For a max queen 3 should do it or need to try a different comp.

Idea is that queen gets one AA you zap 2 AA. Hound and loons get a 4th (OR king and hogs)

It's gotta be a weak TH10 with weak air d and a TH you can approach with drags where drags will not face two mutis at the same time. I've gotten a few 3 stars using this with L4 drags and no king at all on that four corners base.

This guy out there has a different flavor of AQ loot bonus farming. Same concept.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ClashOfClans/comments/3s7iq2/strategy_aq_healer_farmingpushing_3_raids_for/
Not a bad approach for TH9. I like the concept of packing rage to free up more troop space. I don't think his approach would go far against TH10 though. The attack is completely different when you have to stay out of inferno reach.

I originally thought 3zap/1EQ would be too impractical to take out one inferno. But it's saved my butt a number of times, and only takes 1 hour to rebuild those spells.

10 healers

10 wb

20 minions

2 dragons

High AQ

4 zaps / 1 rage / 1 EQ

Usually if you imagine a 4 sided base with lootcaped de storage in core, I have queen sweep off all buildings between her and the destorage and let her turn the corner. I will zap any anti air she couldn't reach between the side and the de store. I test set down a minion to see where it goes, if it goes to the core, let out 2 drags and maybe some loons if I have them.

So they likely enter a situation where even under rage they are sustaining inferno and xbow fire. Even one or two seekers is enough to stop them cold.

If core diving a 4 healer and loonian buildout with 4 back cooked healers seems a little more effective.

I usually won't let the queen go anywhere near the core unless I'm out of back cooked healers. And even then I usually won't.
Like I said previously though, a max dragon hit by a max seeking mine still has 600 hp left. If raged and going directly to DE storage, infernos and xbows simply can't deal 600hp before they get two breaths off.

In my experience the drags win 99% of the time they fly direct to the DE storage. If they are making other stops first, well then yeah you might have problems.

Also, I agree about the last point. In fact that is the entire theme of this attack -- to keep her from core diving. Although I am getting better at figuring how to let her dive when she already has cleared more than 40%, so she can do some internal damage and I can end the battle the second she makes 50%

max zap completed!

time for some 12 dragon war attacks
As soon as my max EQ is done to pair with my max zaps, it's going to be like TH8 all over again.
You only need max EQ for the really odd cases where you want to take down an aird/inferno/clancastle/aq and they are all maxed.

Zaps need to be the very first TH10 upgrade now. At least till they change things. It's stupidly overpowered.

If I want to flex a little bit and push trophies what I do is

4 healers

2 hounds

12 minions

Loons to fill

cc hound/loon

4zaps rage and an eq

back cook healers

back cook minions and archers

Go try and 3 star a th10 then go right back and 1 star another base. Can pickup a quick 40 cups that way. Also great practice for war.

Has anyone here tried pushing to Titan?

My impression is that attacks-per-shield-break would be the most important factor. Generally that should be 1:1, though with some of these AQ/healer comps you can get 2:1. Beyond that you would need either 3rd-party assistance (mods or bluestacks) or the ability to stay online for hours at a time. Without either of those things, I wonder if there is much point in trying.

Has anyone here tried pushing to Titan?

My impression is that attacks-per-shield-break would be the most important factor. Generally that should be 1:1, though with some of these AQ/healer comps you can get 2:1. Beyond that you would need either 3rd-party assistance (mods or bluestacks) or the ability to stay online for hours at a time. Without either of those things, I wonder if there is much point in trying.
Word on the street is that it's getting a little easier lately. Cup offers of in the single digits were common. Now the spread is a little wider so you can make some headway.

I'm hoping someone figures out if you quad quake near an inferno how many zaps it takes to finish it off. That has potential to make no th10 safe.
A quad-quaked max inferno should have 1220 hp remaining. So it would still need 3 zaps to finish it.

Of course you could now take out an inferno with 3 zaps* and 1 EQ, but that doesn't seem cost-effective.

ETA : assuming L4 quake for the math in this post
I've done an about-face on this. To use 7 of 11 spell slots to eliminate one inferno seemed impractical, but I've done it both in and out of war now, and it has been very effective.

Of course it's even better if you can simultaneously hit the AQ or other defenses, but absent that, it can still be worthwhile.

Sputnikv8 said:
Cold start for us. 16 attacks, 6 0's. I highly recommend going lower on first attacks or we will get into trouble.

:shrug:
Doesn't matter at this point. They're getting 2* with their eyes closed and we can barely get 1*.

Its over...

I'm hoping someone figures out if you quad quake near an inferno how many zaps it takes to finish it off. That has potential to make no th10 safe.
A quad-quaked max inferno should have 1220 hp remaining. So it would still need 3 zaps to finish it.

Of course you could now take out an inferno with 3 zaps* and 1 EQ, but that doesn't seem cost-effective.

I've done an about-face on this. To use 7 of 11 spell slots to eliminate one inferno seemed impractical, but I've done it both in and out of war now, and it has been very effective.

Of course it's even better if you can simultaneously hit the AQ or other defenses, but absent that, it can still be worthwhile.
Yeah, Freezes are for the moment obsolete, at least for farming. They cook slowly and only provide 7s of protection versus 3 minutes. I've been packing your combo of 4zap/1rage/1eq or 4z/haste/eq/poison depending on certain factors.

Got another 3 star no king 3 star in war on a th10 with 4 zaps and an eq. That same stupid 4 corner base.

Yeah, Freezes are for the moment obsolete, at least for farming. They cook slowly and only provide 7s of protection versus 3 minutes. I've been packing your combo of 4zap/1rage/1eq or 4z/haste/eq/poison depending on certain factors.

Got another 3 star no king 3 star in war on a th10 with 4 zaps and an eq. That same stupid 4 corner base.
Can you post one of those replays? I still have yet to tackle that base. Haven't encountered it in war, and in raiding I usually next past it, since it's not a good candidate for my raiding comp. Sooner or later though... and I am without BK for another month.

And you are right, the shorter build time of lightning is an advantage I neglected to mention. Even if you take out an inferno with 3z/1eq, it takes just 1 hour to rebuild those spells.

Can you post one of those replays? I still have yet to tackle that base. Haven't encountered it in war, and in raiding I usually next past it, since it's not a good candidate for my raiding comp. Sooner or later though... and I am without BK for another month.

And you are right, the shorter build time of lightning is an advantage I neglected to mention. Even if you take out an inferno with 3z/1eq, it takes just 1 hour to rebuild those spells.
I'll try to get a replay up. I just use the way eclipse does it. Sweep one side with an aq walk let a couple drags out to funnel then 6 more right at the core and rage them in. I've gotten 3 3 stars the same way.

TH9s....here's a video that I found that I wanted to pass on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQu1xMO4Png

I want to 3 star TH9s!!!
Used three times in the war so far....1 three and 2 two stars. 2 stars were both close to being 3 stars. One ran out of time due to slow deployment. The other had an unfortunate hound/pups killed when hit by air mines.
Thanks for posting. I've been grinding yoga's golems so I could give this a shot. Got them to level 3 so gave this my first shot. Subbed out the heal for a couple haste and it's a pretty poor base but don't think I would have had success with my traditional raid.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb87dm0xOPE

Honda still working on this attack and/or has there been any success on the stronger th9s? Think big red tried this in fbgs a coulpe times but thats about it. My heroes are getting up to a decent level where I can try this on some of the more poorly designed maxed th9 bases and see how it goes.

Also saw a lot of TH10 attacks this war that left golems alone on a wing to get destroyed by a queen. King (or pekka) needs to go in a place where the Queen will die fast

Not sure how you guys missed this:

Hello fellow, very patient, Chiefs!

Amidst the Town Hall 11 hype, we mentioned at ClashCon that the Clash of Clans Team has been taking a big-picture look at what it means to play Clash. Even if you're not ready to go to Town Hall 11, the coming update is absolutely packed with quality-of-life changes that aim to improve the way everybody plays Clash of Clans, every single day.

In the upcoming update, on top of the slew of new TH11 content, we will be introducing changes to all of the following areas of the game:

* Shields, including the exciting new "Village Guard" concept
* Session timers and the Personal Break
* Multiplayer matchmaking
* League Bonuses
* High-level Trophy calculations

We realize this update has been a long update in coming, but we are taking the time we need to make sure all of the delicate upcoming changes are as well tested and well balanced as possible. There is also a lot to talk about, so we are going to kick off a 2-week sneak peek schedule starting on the week of November 23rd to get everyone in on the conversation. We want to make sure that we have time to go over everything as we finish up our balancing and testing!

The planned topics are:

Shields - Part I: Attacking and Defending
Shields - Part II: The Village Guard and Personal Breaks
Matchmaking, Trophy Offers and League Bonuses
More Update Sneak Peeks
Town Hall 11 - including a new defense and a new hero!

We are all incredibly excited about the upcoming update and can't wait to get it into the hands of our players, as soon as we can!

Hopefully it means that we can attack specific people (friends & clanmates) to help find weaknesses and practice attacks outside of war.

Could be useful if Player1 builds a war base (perhaps copies from current war opponent) so that Player2 can practice 3star attacks.

I tucked my TH in, and had a defense this morning on an awful attack that managed to take out my AQ but not much else.

Her regeneration time is supposed to be 1h 48m

When I logged on almost 2h later, she still had 45 minutes left on the timer. All told, that 108 minutes turned into 195.

I forgot that way way way back, someone mentioned when your base is being scouted, your clock stops.

Maybe they could fix that too.

Noticed a couple TH10 attacks using jump spells on clover variants when there is no splash damage in the area. I may be missing something, but that seems like a massive waste of spells.

VA just showed me you can pull off the grand slam with 4z2eq. Didn't know that would work to down the CC.

eta: max on both

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwEnEbl4YrneTW5IVy00a29Tc0k

Keep in mind not the most developed base in world (89), but had no king and also not max dragons. So with a King grabbing a near side AirD and ZQ on a backide AirD, plus max drags this is viable for 3 still.

One issue I had is that all the other bases had drags in CC so was counting on that for drag funneling. Was only gonna let loons out on the backside but needed them for a panic funnel down the right flank to keep drags from just orbiting out of the base.

Users who are viewing this thread