What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (3 Viewers)

Tomorrow a new feature where if attacked by 6^3π% of available troops and no builders huts are cleared you get 5 free next!!!! (Purchase of free next available in the store)

For one, scripters who are set to stay online all the time will have to break every 3 hours instead of every 6 hours, so there's that.

Titan league actually becomes viable for everyone as well. If you can out attack and defend better than others, you can move up and don't have to rely on scripts to stay online or depend on snipes.

For one, scripters who are set to stay online all the time will have to break every 3 hours instead of every 6 hours, so there's that.
Titan league actually becomes viable for everyone as well. If you can out attack and defend better than others, you can move up and don't have to rely on scripts to stay online or depend on snipes.
Black Box gets it.

I am very pleased with the direction SC is going with these new changes. Weakening and eliminating exploits will only make the game better.

Black Box gets it.

I am very pleased with the direction SC is going with these new changes. Weakening and eliminating exploits will only make the game better.
:goodposting:

Black Box gets it.

.0000000001% of people exploit the 6 hour timer. And a 3 hour timer isn't really going to change the cloud situation in any meaningful way.

They already actively root out and ban bots and have been for awhile now.

The th snipe bots will take the biggest hit so far but even those are getting rare

Titan was impossible unless you exploited the 6 hour timer or played shield games. Now, everyone is on equal footing due to the Village Guard. Very positive change for them, I think that is clear.

Lower leagues I think we just need to see how it plays out imo. Bottom line is SC seems to want more defenses and base churn (making all bases exposed more often to attack, but giving more flexibility to attack), and they will certainly get it.

Black Box gets it.

.0000000001% of people exploit the 6 hour timer. And a 3 hour timer isn't really going to change the cloud situation in any meaningful way.

They already actively root out and ban bots and have been for awhile now.

The th snipe bots will take the biggest hit so far but even those are getting rare
You always come back to bots, even though no one is ever talking about them.

You're missing the point. Be patient, you will see soon enough.

These changes will be very positive for the game.

So, how can the personal break timer interfere with war? Say you did 2 hours of boosted raids and then watched the war for another hour. If you are set to make your attack, you could get booted offline for awhile, right?

Man..they made this overly wordy. Software nerds.

So, how can the personal break timer interfere with war? Say you did 2 hours of boosted raids and then watched the war for another hour. If you are set to make your attack, you could get booted offline for awhile, right?

Man..they made this overly wordy. Software nerds.
This is going to make the war clan castle thing harder to deal with, and also mess with twitch streamers and people that like to broadcast for long periods of time.

And I don't see how really any of this to date is going to make the game better, or bring in more of a user base. It's preferential to pushers mainly and even they are upset about this and think clouds will get even worse, not better with the change.

I can certainly understand why they made the TH change. Loot bonus is money that comes out of their pocket and into ours. That loot is detracting from gem purchase, primarily. They had to do something about that to keep the income stream going, plus there were a ton of snipe bots out there that needed to be addressed. I still think this will lead to people playing less, not more. If you can't get a shield and you have a lot of loot you will just sit on collectors more. I'm also afraid tomorrow they will announce the loot system on league bonus will get an overhaul also meant to drive people up to titans.

Black Box gets it.

Says the guy threatening to retire :P

There is also the odd case where if you get kicked off and don't have a shield where you could find yourself without a shield continually in 15 minute increments because apparently, if you don't get a shield on your kick you will get kicked off AGAIN 15 minutes after you login without a shield. This is theorized to imply that people that don't pay attention to the patch and have their TH out in Titans and go on business as usual will find themselves in Gold/Bronze as soon as they get a kickoff with their TH out.

There is also the odd case where if you get kicked off and don't have a shield where you could find yourself without a shield continually in 15 minute increments because apparently, if you don't get a shield on your kick you will get kicked off AGAIN 15 minutes after you login without a shield.
I think the overly wordy explanation says if this happens three times, you won't get kicked off again for three hours.

It's funny to some people complaining about having to be on defense too much and others worrying that there will be no targets.
I think it will be the same more or less up until about 3600 as far as targets. It may be a littttttle bit better in high gold/crystal than it was before. I can't see the other leagues changing much unless they change the lootcap and league bonus structure dramatically.

Above 3600 is tbd, but I don't give a #### about those guys anyways.

There is also the odd case where if you get kicked off and don't have a shield where you could find yourself without a shield continually in 15 minute increments because apparently, if you don't get a shield on your kick you will get kicked off AGAIN 15 minutes after you login without a shield.
I think the overly wordy explanation says if this happens three times, you won't get kicked off again for three hours.
Yes, but you can continually be th sniped down to gold. Not sure how many snipes it would take but I would imagine in just one kickoff you could get sniped 200-300 times.

Village Guard can be useful in allowing your heroes to be up for an attack on your village vs being down since you just used them. I like that aspect.

Yes, but you can continually be th sniped down to gold. Not sure how many snipes it would take but I would imagine in just one kickoff you could get sniped 200-300 times.
No half way serious player is going to have their th out after a day or two once the update drops. With the shield cap being 30% the only real chance of getting in that 15 min cycle would be if you simply don't get attacked. 30% is really low. Much ado about nothing imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
No half way serious player is going to have their th out after a day or two once the update drops. With the shield cap being 30% the only real chance of getting in that 15 min cycle would be if you simply don't get attacked. 30% is really low.Much ado about nothing imo.
Well, it's just one comment about how some people don't read the patch note and there will be some collateral damage the day the update drops. Not unlike when people were zapping de storage for weeks after that change.

I think the "troll" style bases will be favored. Either with a center spawn hole or a heavily guarded TH that requires people to dump lots of troops in one spot and you give them a choice to take the gold or take the DE. The eagle cannon thing since it ranges the entire map more or less can be staggered well away from the DE. Make people make a choice will be the critical design feature. I still think people will raid primarily with GIBarch so being strong to that will be the main design consideration.

Gaining cups on defense is going to be extremely difficult with the 30% system
30% is the new 40%

Right now you get a shield and credited a defense if you are hit for 40-49% damage. Presumably, this changes to 30-49%.

Like culdeus said though, the trophy system is due some overhaul as well, so we'll have to wait and see what they announce next.

I've defended quite a bit lately (tucked my TH in) and the change from 40% to 30% is not as minor as one might initially think. I have been hit several times, where an attacker fails to get 40% but does manage to kill my CC and AQ. The next attacker then has a fairly easy time starring me.

Any serious attack will probably get 30% on you. So the result would be fewer defenses with your heroes/CC/traps absent.

Pretty sure I'm tapping out of this.

No more farming = no more playing for me
Care to explain how this will keep you from farming? Sniping town halls will go away, but attacking for loot will be similar. Actually, I think it will be easier to farm. With town halls inside bases, there is less room to heavily protect storages and collectors.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the difference between VG and another 15 minutes under a shield? And how does 15 extra minutes help?
Attacking while under VG does not terminate the VG.

I agree there seems minimal advantage to the 15-minute variety.

It will carry significant impact in Titan and Legend leagues though. In Titan I and Legend you are practically always under VG. That is huge for leveling the field up there.

Care to explain how this will keep you from farming? Sniping town halls will go away, but attacking for loot will be similar. Actually, I think it will be easier to farm. With town halls inside bases, there is less room to heavily protect storages and collectors.
Agree.

You will have to defend more, sure. But the flip side is your target pool will dramatically increase. Both in quantity and quality.

If Kevvyd(); is around, you are needed in Honda to 3-star a TH9 of your choosing. You have just over 41 minutes. TIA

Agree.

You will have to defend more, sure. But the flip side is your target pool will dramatically increase. Both in quantity and quality.
Since the th change quality of loot has been good. I don't see how it could get any better. Abandoned collector bases will show up just as often as now and active bases will have empty collectors and the same lootcap. This is uniformly a way to penalize people by forcing absurd trap rearm costs and loot hits at a higher rate resulting in more gem use.

The loot bonus better change dramatically for the better or you will for sure see a dropoff in casuals.

Instead of getting attacked 1-2 times a day, getting a sheild and being able to collect loot from my collectors, I risk getting hit for 100-200k each resource to get a shield or worse, getting hit for 50k/collector raided 5-6 times before finally getting a shield.

Instead of getting attacked 1-2 times a day, getting a sheild and being able to collect loot from my collectors, I risk getting hit for 100-200k each resource to get a shield or worse, getting hit for 50k/collector raided 5-6 times before finally getting a shield.
Spread your collectors around the entirety of your base so attackers will have to destroy huts, camps, barracks, etc along with the collectors. It should be very hard for someone to empty your collectors without getting 30% of your base. It's not like the attacker will be watching the percentage and end at 29 when collector loot is still sitting there.

Spread your collectors around the entirety of your base so attackers will have to destroy huts, camps, barracks, etc along with the collectors. It should be very hard for someone to empty your collectors without getting 30% of your base. It's not like the attacker will be watching the percentage and end at 29 when collector loot is still sitting there.
Who ever logs off with stuff in their collectors? Or are you suggesting never pickup collectors?

Who ever logs off with stuff in their collectors? Or are you suggesting never pickup collectors?
Harry worried about "getting hit for 50k/collector raided 5-6 times before finally getting a shield". I say that's not a worry if your base is properly constructed. If someone goes for your storages, they will surely get 30%.

Harry worried about "getting hit for 50k/collector raided 5-6 times before finally getting a shield". I say that's not a worry if your base is properly constructed. If someone goes for your storages, they will surely get 30%.
If they superqueen they might get your loot and not cross the 50% threshold. That's another big risk. Whether that's a big deal or not remains to be seen. Hell, I have no idea who raids with what in the real world. 90%+ of raids I get on me are gibarch. No idea if this is typical.

Everything really hinges on how they handle league bonuses. Someone is gonna take it in the ### on that. Just a matter of how many.

Users who are viewing this thread