What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (2 Viewers)

Culdy - I've played around with zapping 2 ads at the th9 level, and it's not usually an easy 3. (A lot of times a single eq can hit 2 ads.)

I haven't tried a double zap followed by an AQ walk yet, which I probably should try. Seems like it wouldn't go for 3 stars though.

(Well, not easy for me, anyways. Biggest problem I run into is massed Teslas.)

Anyhoo, the extra eq spell isn't a game changer at the th9 level.

Culdy - I've played around with zapping 2 ads at the th9 level, and it's not usually an easy 3. (A lot of times a single eq can hit 2 ads.)

I haven't tried a double zap followed by an AQ walk yet, which I probably should try. Seems like it wouldn't go for 3 stars though.

(Well, not easy for me, anyways. Biggest problem I run into is massed Teslas.)

Anyhoo, the extra eq spell isn't a game changer at the th9 level.
TH9 vs TH9 action with the extra dark spell from the update? Zap/quake to take out 2 ADs and either drag rush or golaloon from there. I like golaloon where you take out a 3rd AD, AQ, and cc drag using a cc golem, some wiz, some wall breakers and your heroes. Now it's lalooning against 1 AD. Throw 2 hounds at the last AD (you'll have no spells left so 2 hounds buys enough time for skulls to take it out) and 20+ skulls to work with. Even if the looning part is slow you have the extra 30 seconds on the new timer to help you.1 cc golem, 2 hounds, 20 skulls, remaining 60 spots on wiz, wall breakers and cleanup skulls and minions.

Last edited by a moderator:
#8 Sneak Peek
Introducing: the new Minion level 7! See it in action, here

#8 Forum Exclusive: Boost reduced to 5gems/1h (Heroes, Barracks, Spell Factory)

All those that resisted upgrading defenses and got cute with 8.5 or 9.5 are going to be scrambling.

With TH snipes going away - the focus becomes defense.

With TH's now being protected how will you protect your base/resources with no infernos and low level defenses?

New lavaloonian makes me think Im pushing TH 11 right away. Who cares about the extra levels of AT and cannons I need. Ill get the new defense and upgrade my lavaloonian. Profit

All those that resisted upgrading defenses and got cute with 8.5 or 9.5 are going to be scrambling.

With TH's now being protected how will you protect your base/resources with no infernos and low level defenses?
is it worth maxing xbows or is that still a waste

srs question

is it worth maxing xbows or is that still a waste

srs question
The ROI is lower than other upgrades, but it has never been 'a waste'. The L3-L4 bump is more about HP than dps.

IOW, there is no legitimate reason to not max them out if you have the gold.

Yep. Those folks will be doubly wrong after the update.

Yep. Those folks will be doubly wrong after the update.
Meh, I get rolled every now and then as it is. My plan was to build infernos after I max freeze so I at least have a chance at attacking at TH10. I don't think this changes that.

AcerFC said:
New lavaloonian makes me think Im pushing TH 11 right away. Who cares about the extra levels of AT and cannons I need. Ill get the new defense and upgrade my lavaloonian. Profit
I thought your world was over with this game? Or am I confusing you with a doom & gloomer?

AcerFC said:
I thought your world was over with this game? Or am I confusing you with a doom & gloomer?
I said I wasnt sure I would stick around if I cant make more than I give.

But I said I would wait and see how it plays out. I was never quitting without giving it a little time

freeannyong said:
Still nothing to help balance th10...
This is really trouble now. If they were going to hype something for th10 they likely would do it ahead of all the th11 stuff. They've been breaking in things that benefit everyone and sort of working up the string. How many more days do they have that aren't the new hero and new defense? 3? 4? It's not clear. They already leaked loons and dragons accidentally so that's one and surely hogs, golems, hounds also get a level.

When is the update dropping? Should I be in resource hoarding mode?
This isn't clear. At one time they said they would have 2 weeks of sneak peeks and then 2 weeks of silence, then the update. I don't think anyone really knows. Koopa thinks it will drop next week sometime.

I wouldn't empty war loot until it caps, however, at a minimum.

In this morning's sneak peek video he mentions at least another week of sneak peeks.

Thought it would happen at the beginning of next week but it's sounding like it will be the end of the next week or the week after. Dunno?

I am just playing business as usual since I am not going to TH11 immediately and no one knows when the update will drop.

If you're going to TH11 immediately, then yes, start hoarding.

If you don't have consistent 3-star attacks for your level, it's a huge mistake to move up. If you can't consistently defend the 3-star at your level, it's a huge mistake to move up.

Don't be alarmed by people playing with elite war clans.

It has always been best to max out at each town hall level.

Still is.

If you don't have consistent 3-star attacks for your level, it's a huge mistake to move up. If you can't consistently defend the 3-star at your level, it's a huge mistake to move up.

Still is.
This is wrong. TH9 is useless and should be skipped. TH10 is unbalanced so it should also be skipped. The new D at TH11 will put your war ranking too high so don't build it. The only way to play the game is to rush to TH11 so you get the best offence possible. That way you can get 6* and only give up 3*.

Still is.
how many th10s do you think can consistently 3 star other th 10sEta: I am worried about getting the 50% If I get a second, im lucky

Still is.
how many th10s do you think can consistently 3 star other th 10sEta: I am worried about getting the 50% If I get a second, im lucky
I agree with Clayton but I would say for th10 it's 2 star.

If you aren't maxed or getting 2* > 65% then think twice (if you war a lot). If you don't war then do whatever you want.

Still is.
Unless the base is super under leveled (mainly in anti air) and has other bad features it's nearly impossible to even think of 3*. Even with 40/40 there are simply some bases that would be nearly impossible to 3* at the current time without modding the #### out of the bases. In normal wars you don't usually see what amounts to TH9 with infernos too often. People know better than bump their weight up that fast because they won't be able to hold a spot in a serious clan.

In FPC type events every th10 3 is a bfd.

Still is.
I probably should have used "occasional" rather than "consistent". But the idea is to get more skills rather than just more toys.

There are TH9s in this thread who toss out GoWiPe and grab their 59% 2-star. They are reading this thread and have been told to hit the TH10 button. They aren't ready. There are TH10s in this thread who flail around and get 0-1 in almost every war attack. They drop down against a max TH9 and often fail to get a 3-star. They are reading and are stocking up for an immediate move to TH11. They aren't ready.

Honda is still winning over half of their wars, but we are sometimes outclassed by clans who are no where near the elite. From reading this thread, FBGs hasn't won a real war in over a month. Having a dozen of our bases move up a town hall will do nothing to improve the skill level in either clan. It will, however, offer tougher opponents.

I see. You are talking about war. I dont do that so it didn't make sense. It does now. Thx
Then you need to look at where most of your loot comes from. If you are hitting below your level, moving up a town hall will hurt your economy. If you are hitting at your level, you should be fine moving up.

There's also likely to be a substantial rebalancing in war weight. All the talk of what towers to drop and when will be obsolete. At a minimum they will have to scale the new war eagle thing at a higher level than inferno, you will throw a xbow in there up high as well and a wiz tower. All of these are weighted now.

My general guess:

War eagle will range up to 8, maybe as high as 10

They also get a wiz, xbow added on and those will weigh. The rest of it won't amount to too much.

If they shave TH10 back to max TH9 level at 75 the easiest way to do this is to take wall weight way down and then sort of shave the value of everything else down roughly 15%.

Should be fairly easy to see what they did.

Personally. my general gameplan is

If TH10 is balanced better - Stay and max it out, all of it. All of it. By builder time I'm only 24 days from completely max defense TH10. About 1.5 months left in the lab for a few random crap.

If TH10 is not balanced - Go to TH11 and drop the war eagle and max it only and work on offense exclusively.

I see. You are talking about war. I dont do that so it didn't make sense. It does now. Thx
Then you need to look at where most of your loot comes from. If you are hitting below your level, moving up a town hall will hurt your economy. If you are hitting at your level, you should be fine moving up.
I see one TH9 a week. Wish it was more. But I like staying up for the loot bonus

Still is.
I probably should have used "occasional" rather than "consistent". But the idea is to get more skills rather than just more toys.

There are TH9s in this thread who toss out GoWiPe and grab their 59% 2-star. They are reading this thread and have been told to hit the TH10 button. They aren't ready. There are TH10s in this thread who flail around and get 0-1 in almost every war attack. They drop down against a max TH9 and often fail to get a 3-star. They are reading and are stocking up for an immediate move to TH11. They aren't ready.

Honda is still winning over half of their wars, but we are sometimes outclassed by clans who are no where near the elite. From reading this thread, FBGs hasn't won a real war in over a month. Having a dozen of our bases move up a town hall will do nothing to improve the skill level in either clan. It will, however, offer tougher opponents.
He's talking to you nox, pay attention

Still is.

He's talking to you nox, pay attention
I heard him. I don't Gowipe though. Goho and I only get 1 star. This game sucks

Pekkas should be banned from TH9. Only possible value they serve is using one to take out AQ if you're down BK.
I think they are valuable to use for a lower TH9 to grab a 2* on an upper TH9 in certain circumstances, allowing an upper TH9 or lower TH10 to go a little lower for 3* and be safe.

Damn I don't have max quake. Would I need quake x2?
a double L3 quake deals 28% damage, which exceeds the 25% of one L4, so I think you would be OK with that

It might take three L2 quakes though (26% dmg)

ETA:

And for whatever it's worth, I did attempt once in a raid to 4x zap (max) an L3 inferno when I failed to pack an EQ.

The inferno had a sliver left and incinerated my AQ. It is possible my aim was less than perfect in that moment of panic, though.

If you really want to geek out the cool kids are using discord for planning purposes.

Previously groupme was the best available chat method, bindle was popular in some circles.

discord allows chat and/or voice so you'll have to actually talk to people, but if you play a lot of xbox it's not a huge transition. Much easier to talk stuff out than just draw it on skitch and post on gme.

What I do....build 8 healers earlier (use four/raid and always have them building), 4 furs, 8-12 wbs, rest archers, and cc full of furs. I find a base with 2k de, use archers to form tunnel, drop my furs to cover wbs, drop wbs to punch a hole, drop cc furs, drop aq, then drop four healers once she gets damaged. Usually pack poison, 1 jump, rest rage. Only try to use four healers since they have long build times. With that army I can get 2-3 raids/hour for 4-6k de. Profit. This is in silver 2. Use rage on healers...not aq.
I've been barching exposed DE collectors (outside walls or in first layer inside -- reachable by archers or AQ) in Silver I using only TH8 troops for that same 5-6k/hour (it varies, but that's the average). It's more work, but cheaper (no spells, no Healers, no CC troops) and you almost never have to wait for troops (or get logged off).

I only hit bases with easily-reached DE, but also loot exposed collectors (which happens pretty frequently since full DE drills often means lootable collectors), so that G/E storages actually fill at about the same rate as the DE storage.

If I were pickier about the bases I hit (i.e. Nexted more or timed my raiding sessions during periods of ++ loot) I think I could probably bump that total up higher too.

Users who are viewing this thread