What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (3 Viewers)

=Smackdown= said:
Shoot_Me_Now said:
Are we going to do this draft before all the th9 have to delete the app?

50 man war?

We can't just go quietly in the night.
One of the rumored updates was that they were going to make war matchmaking easier - so that it would be easier to have a draft and have an all fbg war.

With that said . . . . with the 1st pick in the draft fbg1 selects . .

1.01 SMN
it's finally happening! wait, it's not friday yet. come back tomorrow.

Im not 30/30 and I think I'm pushing it.

Ill be mad gold in a day or two and more than half way there with elix.

:shrug:
I've found it much easier to get DE at TH10. The "you have dark spells and troops now too" argument doesn't make a ton of sense to me. I can't do them at TH9, I can just as easily not do them at TH10.

I'm at 30/21 now, and I'd have the AQ somewhere between 25-30 if I hadn't basically stopped playing when school started up again. All I've done is empty collectors a couple times a day, attack maybe once a day if I'm bored...and I've managed to max out lightning purely from elixir collectors.

But when I was pushing my BK from 20 to 30...I found the LaLoon and extra troop spots for loons made it way easier to basically take anyone's storage. I know AQ walk and stuff is great, but if you're super casual like I have been, not much works better.

Agreed.

For those warning me not to hit the button and work on heroes and walls-- The hero push almost had me quitting the game out of frustration. I'm now at the point where I'm leaving them up longer just to get some sort of enjoyment in playing. So why waste resources on walls when I can continue to hero push with better troops and defenses?

Or is this another "war weight " thing?

I have enough gold to push the button. :oldunsure:
Heroes 30/30?

I just don't get pushing the button if they're not. It's super easy to farm DE at TH9. At TH10, you're going to have another round of DE labs and spells. It's going to be a ##### to farm DE for a couple months so your heroes won't be getting touched till then. By that time, you'll be ready to jump to TH11 and your heroes will be tiny! You'll be fighting a constant uphill battle. If you get 30/30 and never touch then again, not a big deal. Just my .02c.
I agree with Cliff.

I think I'm going to abandoned the idea of getting all my walls maxed but I do want to get my BK up to 30 before I push the button

Currently at 30/24...

superqueen + air is literally my only shot at a th10 triple for the moment. With a higher king can transition back to CB/Shatter but those are just not a lock for something in the 90s even maxed.

It's funny that they basically made it a war nerf only. Using 6 healers has no reduction in anything. So the fear of just being queen charged all day in regular raiding is real. Simple solution, take 6.

#10 Sneak Peek

Two brand new Achievements incoming! Destroy the new Town Hall 11 Defense and Donate Spells to your Clan mates to earn some sweet gems!

#10 Forum Exclusive: reduction in effectiveness of multiple Healers on the same target (no change to range)

Agreed.

For those warning me not to hit the button and work on heroes and walls-- The hero push almost had me quitting the game out of frustration. I'm now at the point where I'm leaving them up longer just to get some sort of enjoyment in playing. So why waste resources on walls when I can continue to hero push with better troops and defenses?

Nothing at all about war weight. Its pretty simple; big heroes make attacking easier. Max them at every level.

Agreed.

Nothing at all about war weight. Its pretty simple; big heroes make attacking easier. Max them at every level.
I think I would have quit if I did that at TH9. Went to TH10 at 20/20 and don't regret it. I still suck at attacking but that has nothing to do with heros.

Agreed. For those warning me not to hit the button and work on heroes and walls-- The hero push almost had me quitting the game out of frustration. I'm now at the point where I'm leaving them up longer just to get some sort of enjoyment in playing. So why waste resources on walls when I can continue to hero push with better troops and defenses?

Yup. Grinding walls and heroes sucks. No interest in doing that for months on end.

I've watched galadon's video and I don't think he's reading the notes right or else there is a disconnect between greater and less than.

Healers main nerf only if 6+ healers on a single target, below that the effectivness only slightly reduced according to galadon.

I guess the nerf depends on the definition of "slightly"

Agreed.For those warning me not to hit the button and work on heroes and walls-- The hero push almost had me quitting the game out of frustration. I'm now at the point where I'm leaving them up longer just to get some sort of enjoyment in playing. So why waste resources on walls when I can continue to hero push with better troops and defenses?

I am talking just for war really. We are rarely winning as it is. If you are moving to th11 you have to be ready to hit th11 in war.

Agreed.For those warning me not to hit the button and work on heroes and walls-- The hero push almost had me quitting the game out of frustration. I'm now at the point where I'm leaving them up longer just to get some sort of enjoyment in playing. So why waste resources on walls when I can continue to hero push with better troops and defenses?

I am talking just for war really. We are rarely winning as it is. If you are moving to th11 you have to be ready to hit th11 in war.
In a nutshell the MWC worry is:

• Casual gowipe clans have lots of casual th10 players that want the new toys and go to th11 and put the new stuff down (likely)
  • th9 with the extra 30s actually becomes possible to gowiwi/pe for 3 stars with some degree of regularity (dubious)
  • Th10 still hard as #### to 3 star (tbd)
So if you have all your TH10 turning perma and th9 go to th10 the good clans will actually have a really tough go for awhile. Casual clans won't do a 10.5 so someone has to hit them, may as well have a few th11 that actually have the firepower to do so, but whom?

superqueen + air is literally my only shot at a th10 triple for the moment. With a higher king can transition back to CB/Shatter but those are just not a lock for something in the 90s even maxed.

It's funny that they basically made it a war nerf only. Using 6 healers has no reduction in anything. So the fear of just being queen charged all day in regular raiding is real. Simple solution, take 6.
I may have interpreted it wrong, but it sounded like there will be a small reduction of healing stack with 4-6, and a large reduction with 7+.This will neutralize the whitewalker attack, which uses 7 and up to 10 healers. That attack can auto-star many max TH10 using 0-1 spells while leaving the AQ at full health. And the only skill required is recognition of the optimal targets and drop points. Definitely overpowered.

Last edited by a moderator:
My view of moving to the next town hall is simple and has two points.

1. If you are good at attacking town halls that are similar to your level, you are ready to move up. If you suck opponents at your level, moving up will amplify that sucktitude since your opponents will be even stronger.

2. If you can defend well against attacks similar to your level, you are ready to move up. If you are getting smashed at your level, moving up will amplify that since your opponents will be even stronger.

By maxing out, your defenses are stronger, your offense is stronger, and you have more time to improve your attacking against weaker opponents.

• Casual gowipe clans have lots of casual th10 players that want the new toys and go to th11 and put the new stuff down (likely)
  • th9 with the extra 30s actually becomes possible to gowiwi/pe for 3 stars with some degree of regularity (dubious)
So if you have all your TH10 turning perma and th9 go to th10 the good clans will actually have a really tough go for awhile. Casual clans won't do a 10.5 so someone has to hit them, may as well have a few th11 that actually have the firepower to do so, but whom?
If you don't got to TH11, you won't match up with clans that have TH11s.

And one of the things that isn't helping is our weak heroes.

If you don't got to TH11, you won't match up with clans that have TH11s.
That's a huge logic leap. It will depend on how they weight the new tower, alot. Along with new hero and other factors.

The 8/9 only mwcs consistently get 4-5 th10s against them. They are weak but they are there. Powerbang and KARA both have the larger 8/9 onlies. And they triple the th10s on a regular basis.

When Honda wars without TH10s, we might see a single TH10 and it's super weak. The vast majority of the time, our opponents maxes at TH9.

My view of moving to the next town hall is simple and has two points.

1. If you are good at attacking town halls that are similar to your level, you are ready to move up. If you suck opponents at your level, moving up will amplify that sucktitude since your opponents will be even stronger.

2. If you can defend well against attacks similar to your level, you are ready to move up. If you are getting smashed at your level, moving up will amplify that since your opponents will be even stronger.

By maxing out, your defenses are stronger, your offense is stronger, and you have more time to improve your attacking against weaker opponents.
Funny I was thinking about this topic this morning as it relates to me. My thought: when I am able to expect to 3 star a TH9 as opposed to being surprised when I 3 star a TH9, that day is the day I will be prepared to go to TH10.

You TH9 guys really love TH9
I certainly do. Zero rush to get to TH10.
I regret making the jump to th10 at 20/20. Just don't enjoy the landscape there as much as th9 and maybe part of that is the low hero level. As a result, most of my raiding is now done on the Yoga Pants account in th9 land and SMN is stuck in mud basically just collecting collectors.
I enjoy the shuke raids better now. There's something funny about showcasing what can be done with 5/7 heroes. Most recent war tripled the highest and 4th highest th9. One of them was a cleanup to a 28/30. Other was fresh. Always brings the house down.

These guys are mild compared to the big war guys. Th10s are treated like a Syrian refugee trying to immigrate to a red state in the wild.
:lmao:

I just don't see the point in moving from THX to THX+1 when you can't handle other THXs.
:goodposting:

We have won 1 war in the last month because we simply can't match opponents as it is. SC has dangled TH11 out there and I cringe to think how many are going to bite. It could be because people don't care as much about war as some of us, I dunno. And that is really fine, we just may need to adjust the war party.

Guess we'll see how it all pans out.

These guys are mild compared to the big war guys. Th10s are treated like a Syrian refugee trying to immigrate to a red state in the wild.

I just don't see the point in moving from THX to THX+1 when you can't handle other THXs.
:goodposting:

We have won 1 war in the last month because we simply can't match opponents as it is. SC has dangled TH11 out there and I cringe to think how many are going to bite. It could be because people don't care as much about war as some of us, I dunno. And that is really fine, we just may need to adjust the war party.

Hard to tell people what to do - everyone will do what gives them the most enjoyment out of the game.

Other than all Level 10 walls and a BK35 - I am a fully maxed TH10 on offense and defense. And yes I have my share of struggles vs. TH10's

I plan on hitting TH11 as soon as it drops because I want the new toys. IF that hurts the clan, then I'll either drop out and go solo for a bit or join another clan.

=Smackdown= said:
Sputnikv8 said:
Clayton Gray said:
culdeus said:
AcerFC said:

:goodposting: We have won 1 war in the last month because we simply can't match opponents as it is. SC has dangled TH11 out there and I cringe to think how many are going to bite. It could be because people don't care as much about war as some of us, I dunno. And that is really fine, we just may need to adjust the war party.

Hard to tell people what to do - everyone will do what gives them the most enjoyment out of the game.

Other than all Level 10 walls and a BK35 - I am a fully maxed TH10 on offense and defense. And yes I have my share of struggles vs. TH10's

I plan on hitting TH11 as soon as it drops because I want the new toys. IF that hurts the clan, then I'll either drop out and go solo for a bit or join another clan.
/cosign

BTW, I suspect most people advocating for not going to 11 before consistently being able to 2/3 star TH10s haven't been playing in the max TH10 sandbox. I don't think more than maybe 1 or two FBGs in our clan are locks for putting up four stars against top 10 opponent bases, and that includes our resident semi pro Culdeus if memory serves. If that's the standard for going to TH11 feel free to opt me out, because I'm upgrading.

=Smackdown= said:
Sputnikv8 said:
Clayton Gray said:
culdeus said:
AcerFC said:

:goodposting: We have won 1 war in the last month because we simply can't match opponents as it is. SC has dangled TH11 out there and I cringe to think how many are going to bite. It could be because people don't care as much about war as some of us, I dunno. And that is really fine, we just may need to adjust the war party.

/cosign BTW, I suspect most people advocating for not going to 11 before consistently being able to 2/3 star TH10s haven't been playing in the max TH10 sandbox. I don't think more than maybe 1 or two FBGs in our clan are locks for putting up four stars against top 10 opponent bases, and that includes our resident semi pro Culdeus if memory serves. If that's the standard for going to TH11 feel free to opt me out, because I'm upgrading.
Getting 2 shouldnt be an issue with both heroes. Getting 3 with both heroes is often times well out of my depth. The very highest base I could dream of tripling is in the 89 range with #### air d and maybe a down xbow or two. Any higher and the queen got to be an a really bad spot so it nukes the big stuff.

For perspective. There were 56 40/40 attacks in the latest super mod war. It still took the latest technology for troopers to get the perfect war on the very last raid.

=Smackdown= said:
Sputnikv8 said:
Clayton Gray said:
culdeus said:
AcerFC said:

/cosignBTW, I suspect most people advocating for not going to 11 before consistently being able to 2/3 star TH10s haven't been playing in the max TH10 sandbox. I don't think more than maybe 1 or two FBGs in our clan are locks for putting up four stars against top 10 opponent bases, and that includes our resident semi pro Culdeus if memory serves. If that's the standard for going to TH11 feel free to opt me out, because I'm upgrading.
Getting 2 shouldnt be an issue with both heroes. Getting 3 with both heroes is often times well out of my depth. The very highest base I could dream of tripling is in the 89 range with #### air d and maybe a down xbow or two. Any higher and the queen got to be an a really bad spot so it nukes the big stuff.
Well then.

If suckitude were people, we'd be China.

Last brag/PSA on this. Sorry.
When do you drop your witches?
As soon as the funnel is set. I can now record videos through google play :thumbup: . Uploading replay.
:hophead:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9UuaRciI14 :hophead:

Please let me know if any personal stuff is showing up. Tried to remove it all but stupid google integration is a #####.
That's an impressive attack.

As soon as the funnel is set. I can now record videos through google play :thumbup: . Uploading replay.

Please let me know if any personal stuff is showing up. Tried to remove it all but stupid google integration is a #####.
Wow, one single larry went in a second before the hogs jumped that wall and made bacon.

edit, hogs actually popped one and the larry got another. heals got hogs back up.

you have a deep voice

Last edited by a moderator:

The yawning and random talking were funny. Not much of a beat and I found it difficult to dance to. I gave it a 3

So, I'm been reading through this thread a bit. Someone mentioned something about cheaters you have faced in wars. What exactly are they doing and how the heck do you know if they are?

So, I'm been reading through this thread a bit. Someone mentioned something about cheaters you have faced in wars. What exactly are they doing and how the heck do you know if they are?
Not sure how many different ways there are out there but Honda and fbg1 have both had the enemy's bottom guys simply drop a barb on our top bases then quit. That will send the traps and cc to a server and they can practice away for however long they want.

Users who are viewing this thread