What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (4 Viewers)

Healers' heal rate on Heroes will revert to normal values (unintentionally set to 70%, we'll revert it to the usual 50%)

Fixed cases where Heroes are not triggering traps

War Matchmaking tweaks (clans that have been in matchmaking for an unusually long time)

Valkyrie balancing: decreased HP for levels 2-4 (respectively: 825>800, 910>850 and 1000>900). Levels 1 and 5 remain unchanged.

War replay discrepancies: fixed cases where the result of the attack (stars/damage) is different in live and replay

Fixed Win Streak value for certain clans that had it at zero incorrectly

Notifications on multidevices work again

Healers' heal rate on Heroes will revert to normal values (unintentionally set to 70%, we'll revert it to the usual 50%)

Fixed cases where Heroes are not triggering traps

War Matchmaking tweaks (clans that have been in matchmaking for an unusually long time)

Valkyrie balancing: decreased HP for levels 2-4 (respectively: 825>800, 910>850 and 1000>900). Levels 1 and 5 remain unchanged.

War replay discrepancies: fixed cases where the result of the attack (stars/damage) is different in live and replay

Fixed Win Streak value for certain clans that had it at zero incorrectly

Notifications on multidevices work again
Always good for posting great info culdeus.

So, I just need to keep socking away dark to start max valks.

So... On vacation. Wake up. Grab phone. Think "I haven't cleared collectors in a while". Open CoC. Clear collectors. Notice grayed out war icon. Realize all my accounts have been booted from fbg. WTF?

Can I at least bring yank back?

Last edited by a moderator:
So... On vacation. Wake up. Grab phone. Think "I haven't cleared collectors in a while". Open CoC. Clear collectors. Notice grayed out war icon. Realize all my accounts have been booted from fbg. WTF?

Can I at least bring yank back?
We were making room for culdeus' 1,000 star blowout event. He brought over some guys from his current clan for one war (maybe 2 since he didn't get 1,000?). 

Spot open right now then feel free to bring the others back as these guys filter out. 

Well tried to make it fun by doing two war attacks at once and my first hebola ever. Appears I hit an anti bowler base?

VA gonna join for an arranged war vs darc avengers, next. I've done wars with and against them and they are legit. 

Hold a spot for 200. 

What Valk attacks do you all use at TH9?  I've been playing around with a GoVaHo, but I'm looking for something different.  
AQ walk/valk Rush, sometimes with Bk helping setup funneling

I'm eager to try the AQ walk with a bowler walk going in the opposite direction, then valks up the center, btw.

Go Valk- golems and heroes up the center, wiz do a little funneling - release valks while tanks are still drawing fire - done right, you can skip healing the valks - but timing is tricky here - 

Key things to remember -

-funneling is very important - do not let your valks circle the base - their pathing is very unpredictable.

- taking out the heroes first isn't necessary, although the AQ can cause havoc if she's in an odd location.   But, if that's the case, there's probably another attack that is a better choice.   

-I like to have something to heal the valks with - either heal spells or healers - a raged up bunch of valks will take down ADs so fast that many of your healers will survive as they follow the valks.

-I've been meaning to try double zapping/eq on two near side ADs, then following valks with healers - will post here when I do.

-raged valks tear through a base very quickly - it's easy to miss spell drops 

-valk attacks are over quickly, for better or for worse - you can afford to spend 90 seconds on an AQ walk + dealing with cc troops

-don't use them on spread out bases, as their best attribute is the ability to attack multiple targets at the same time

Did an AQ walk into Mass Valk this morning on a TH11 - hardest part was chasing after the Valks with Haste & Heal spells. They move so quickly & erratically it's tough to keep up.

Mass valk at TH9 seems like more spam/luck than anything else. If they do all manage to stay grouped and inside the base it's likely a 3 vs sub L9 walls. Good luck with that happening though...

VA was by far the mvp in our war. 

It was vs a great clan and both sides struggled a lot with th9 raids. I think people haven't quite gotten the feel for the timing of it all yet. There were two stretches where 6x in a row th9 went 90%+.  

There's a lot of confusion about what cc troop to take for what base. You now have three decent choices for ground raids. 

I can't listen to that guy.  He rambles, repeats himself, and often times seems to be searching for a coherent thought.  
Then mute it. He's not offering any real content it's just funny commentary.  Watch the raids and the bases they hit.  

They are running at TH11 with 200 troop spaces of valks and hogs. That's a profound change.

Then mute it. He's not offering any real content it's just funny commentary.  Watch the raids and the bases they hit.  

They are running at TH11 with 200 troop spaces of valks and hogs. That's a profound change.
Ok, will try again.  

Btw, might have any easy formula for th9 valk rushes- watch my last attack from last war - used for 11-13 compartment bases, with point defenses around the perimeter - a very standard base.  Need to play with this some more.

1. Start AQ walk - target a couple of point defenses early.  This could be planned for AQ walk to go either direction, eliminating funneling troops.   Best on bases where xbows are up and towards the center, which will reduce the likelihood of needing to rage your healers.  

2. Trip cc troops once AQ has cleared out some defenses and can deal with damage from cc. Obviously not necessary to trip cc troops on some known bases.   Drag/loons/wiz/minnys main concern, in theory.   Also, I'm not sure if drag/loon CCs can successfully target raged/hastened valks- need to check that out. 

3. AQ walk continues - after about 1:15 drop BK plus maybe a valk or two in front of AQ.  (In front, as in, further along the perimeter of the base.).  BK/valks clear exterior garbage buildings.    This is to stall the AQ in place, plus funnel valks.  

4. Drop cc with 3 valks and 3 wbs near AQ, get them down around 1:30.  Follow with valk Rush, a couple of jumps, 1-2 heals, maybe a rage.  Healers should leave AQ and follow valks.   AQ should follow valks for cleanup. 

5. You need about a minute for valk Rush to clear, assuming there's 18-20 valks on the attack.    Final cleanup might need to happen, so we're aiming for 30 seconds grace.    Jumps are used mostly to funnel troops through bases- raged up valks can chew through walls quickly, but they might scatter too much in the process.  Jumps should be at least L2.   If they've still got blue walls I'd think about rages.  

Ok, will try again.  

Btw, might have any easy formula for th9 valk rushes- watch my last attack from last war - used for 11-13 compartment bases, with point defenses around the perimeter - a very standard base.  Need to play with this some more.

1. Start AQ walk - target a couple of point defenses early.  This could be planned for AQ walk to go either direction, eliminating funneling troops.   Best on bases where xbows are up and towards the center, which will reduce the likelihood of needing to rage your healers.  

2. Trip cc troops once AQ has cleared out some defenses and can deal with damage from cc. Obviously not necessary to trip cc troops on some known bases.   Drag/loons/wiz/minnys main concern, in theory.   Also, I'm not sure if drag/loon CCs can successfully target raged/hastened valks- need to check that out. 

3. AQ walk continues - after about 1:15 drop BK plus maybe a valk or two in front of AQ.  (In front, as in, further along the perimeter of the base.).  BK/valks clear exterior garbage buildings.    This is to stall the AQ in place, plus funnel valks.  

4. Drop cc with 3 valks and 3 wbs near AQ, get them down around 1:30.  Follow with valk Rush, a couple of jumps, 1-2 heals, maybe a rage.  Healers should leave AQ and follow valks.   AQ should follow valks for cleanup. 

5. You need about a minute for valk Rush to clear, assuming there's 18-20 valks on the attack.    Final cleanup might need to happen, so we're aiming for 30 seconds grace.    Jumps are used mostly to funnel troops through bases- raged up valks can chew through walls quickly, but they might scatter too much in the process.  Jumps should be at least L2.   If they've still got blue walls I'd think about rages.  
Speaking for the community, we would all be very interested in seeing this approach if possible.

Speaking for the community, we would all be very interested in seeing this approach if possible.
Will try the same attack against #21 this war, with one difference- will use an archer plus a couple of gobs to funnel AQ from east to north, and will use archer plus maybe a minny to start cutting off AQ walk.   

#18 and #19 are also good choices for this attack.    #20 is an easy golaloon.  (For those people skilled in the arts of golaloon.)   :glaresatyogapants:

VA was by far the mvp in our war. 

It was vs a great clan and both sides struggled a lot with th9 raids. I think people haven't quite gotten the feel for the timing of it all yet. There were two stretches where 6x in a row th9 went 90%+.  

There's a lot of confusion about what cc troop to take for what base. You now have three decent choices for ground raids. 
Mass witch fo life

anyone know a way to merge two gamecenter accounts?

I messed up my clash royale and loaded it onto another game center separate from my clash of clans. now I have to logout each time on my phone to play each game

I'd be interested in seeing any replays with mid-range royals (both < L20) taking down a TH9 with a war weight of 66k+.

66 is good d bad walls or decent d and good walls. You could tuck 2xL1 xbow in a otherwise max base and come out at 66 if you knew what you were doing. 

I'd think with near max d you'd be facing a mix of skull  and purple walls or 15/15 ish

wdcrob said:
I'd be interested in seeing any replays with mid-range royals (both < L20) taking down a TH9 with a war weight of 66k+.
I think the low hero meta may shift back to air.  Things like CB laloon and max attack with air.  I'm seeing a lot of 15/15 fails using goho because their kill squad simply gets trashed before it gets enough value.  

Lower heroes = smaller killsquad.  Focus on the queen only then let the max troops take care of the rest.  

When you trend up to 20/20 I think you can do things like shatter with an eq entry.

Stoned is IMO dead for now.  If going stoned you are far better off taking 4-6 valks over the extra golem.  Doesn't matter what hero level.  Yes, there are some real heavy approaches you can get with eq, but those are really rare with people's base design mainly being a series of 7-8 squares in some little mondrian-esqe painting.

I think the low hero meta may shift back to air.  Things like CB laloon and max attack with air.  I'm seeing a lot of 15/15 fails using goho because their kill squad simply gets trashed before it gets enough value.  

Lower heroes = smaller killsquad.  Focus on the queen only then let the max troops take care of the rest.  

When you trend up to 20/20 I think you can do things like shatter with an eq entry.

Stoned is IMO dead for now.  If going stoned you are far better off taking 4-6 valks over the extra golem.  Doesn't matter what hero level.  Yes, there are some real heavy approaches you can get with eq, but those are really rare with people's base design mainly being a series of 7-8 squares in some little mondrian-esqe painting.
Stoned = 2 golems? With quake? Yoga uses that every war for 6*. How is it dead?

CB 1 golem

shatter 2 golem

stoned 3 golem

And yoga is 20/20+ so shatter has value.  For the 15/15 and below and perhaps 15 to 20 base dependent a shatter is maybe a low value propositoin.

Could you post those 3-stars?  I'm 15/15 and am not doing it right.  Pretty consistently laying waste to bases I hit under 66k, but as soon as I get into the 66-68k range things go haywire.

Could you post those 3-stars?  I'm 15/15 and am not doing it right.  Pretty consistently laying waste to bases I hit under 66k, but as soon as I get into the 66-68k range things go haywire.
xbow buff is hurting a lot of people 68 is full max just waiting on walls and heroes.  

For those thinking of going air, they've done something to the dragons to make them less effective.  It's an easy build and attack for my TH8 sub accounts, which is what I have them setup with for war time.  But lately I've noticed a big downgrade in the speed of their attacks and their speed to the next target.  They were never particularly swift, but now they are brutal.  Their AI is back to pre-lightning upgrade suckitude as well.

Users who are viewing this thread