What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (5 Viewers)

But seriously Culd, if you want to earn DE fast come on back and do some GiGob away from prying eyes. It's easy and fun! I've made crazy loot with it.

But seriously Culd, if you want to earn DE fast come on back and do some GiGob away from prying eyes. It's easy and fun! I've made crazy loot with it.
I don't need DE.  Well, except for bowler level 2, lol.  It does look really effective.  Agree there.

Still trying to figure it out.  L5 Arch and L5 Gobs aren't helping, but it's mostly me not doing it right at this point.
The bolded are unnecessary. Junk buildings are ignored by both giants and gobs. If collectors need to be cleared, gobs are much quicker at it. Zero reason to pack archers IMO. Yeah, L5 gobs suck but shouldn't stop you. I'm running it with Jr using L5 gobs, L5 giants and L1 jump. Still works as long as my ####### jump doesn't run out (which it does waaaay too often).

16 + CC giants

8WB

124 gobs.

Stop by for a visit and you'll learn the ways.

Last edited by a moderator:
i would think something like a few minions for funneling purposes wouldn't be the worst thing ever for that.  

i would think something like a few minions for funneling purposes wouldn't be the worst thing ever for that.  
The only thing you need to clear for funnelling purposes is collectors and a few gobs make those disappear in a hurry. Plus, minions cost dark. 

The bolded are unnecessary. Junk buildings are ignored by both giants and gobs. If collectors need to be cleared, gobs are much quicker at it. Zero reason to pack archers IMO. Yeah, L5 gobs suck but shouldn't stop you. I'm running it with Jr using L5 gobs, L5 giants and L1 jump. Still works as long as my ####### jump doesn't run out (which it does waaaay too often).

16 + CC giants

8WB

124 gobs.

Stop by for a visit and you'll learn the ways.
Yeah, If you are getting your Giants to the DE right around the same time as your horde of Gobs, I doubt it's the Gob level that's holding you back. It's just too many troops, too fast for the defenses to deal with. Agree with Cliffy, it's time for you to stop on in! Do another war over here while your at it (starts tomorrow).

Going now or our regular time won't make a difference for the double xp. We will get 3 wars in both ways so just stay on schedule 

Ok this gigob #### is bananas. Boosted waiting for kid and absolutely  wrecked it.  

How do you deal with ring bases though.

Gigob is absolutely amazing on boost.  Almost so op that I'm considering trying to farm with it on shuke, almost.  Shuke has level 1 giants......

Ok, so as expected the TH10 base design meta has shifted quite a bit just in the last few weeks.  Now you are seeing infernos spaced a minimum of 9 tiles from eachother with three compartments separating them.  This prevents a jump OR eq from accessing both infernos in a valk smash.  

However, this now makes them quite a bit more weak to air raids.  You don't have to spiral loons in to clump them anymore, and with people not wanting to risk getting GoVaLo air d tends to just be one layer in, and nearly always you have a air d in freeze range of an inferno now (which used to be a no-no).  

Last war I was in was supposed to be an arranged and failed, first time that's happened since the day after the last update.  Sucked. Now in a war with Red Eclipse/Savage Sloots.  

Lots of major wars this weekend on stream, most I've seen in awhile.  Valks are bringing everyone back in force.  Also seeing some Bowler action at TH11, really.  

Ok this gigob #### is bananas. Boosted waiting for kid and absolutely  wrecked it.  

How do you deal with ring bases though.
Ring bases can work, but I wouldn't advise it.

If you absolutely must, look for broken inner loot rings. That inner ring that surrounds the core usually made of all the loot structures sometimes is broken up with other things like hero platforms... If the break is big enough, you can path your gobs into the core. Just realize your Giants probably will be back with the defensive structures so your gob level needs to be up to par to face whatever is in there alone. Other solutions just get expensive and complicated.

or there is always Cliffs solution which is quite effective...

Gigob is absolutely amazing on boost.  Almost so op that I'm considering trying to farm with it on shuke, almost.  Shuke has level 1 giants......
My Advise, If your going to boost barraks... Stick to one or two. Any more then that and you just don't get time to look up. Everything fills up too quickly and you waste your gems.

As long as you aren't too hung up on keeping trophies, the way to really rake in the cash without gemming is the continuous raiding method. Put one WB in each Elix Barrak, then fill two with Giants and two with Goblins and one Hog in each DB. If you let it run then this should get you a very close approximation to a good GiGob mix. So use the build times to continuously go looking for small hits, exterior drills, etc. You'll be surprised at how much DE will accumulate when you have little 5 gob hits for 500-1000de between the big hits. My all time one day record was done like this. It's a total time suck though! LoL

Hi,All Wars that had not yet finished (i.e. were on-going) when the event started are eligible to double XPAll Wars that begin before the end of the event will be eligible to double XP (even if they start, say, 10min before the event ends). Maintenance Thursday 16th but time is unknown. (guess: during working time in Finland)Happy warring!Edit: war started = preparation day has begun

This was last year fwwi.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the suggested order for lab upgrades once I hit th10?  It used to be something like Hound3, freeze1, freeze2, freeze3, etc, but from watching th10/11 attacks it looks like freeze has fallen off the map.   

I'll probably go valk5 or dragon5 first, just so I have a viable attack immediately.

The Future Champs said:
What's the suggested order for lab upgrades once I hit th10?  It used to be something like Hound3, freeze1, freeze2, freeze3, etc, but from watching th10/11 attacks it looks like freeze has fallen off the map.   

I'll probably go valk5 or dragon5 first, just so I have a viable attack immediately.
Valk4 is viable at TH10 and doesn't require the other things drags do (zaps/freeze). Drag5 is 8M elixir. You need to commit about 7M elixir to spell factory and research lab upgrades asap. Then you have 4 camps need about 26M elixir. So you either ignore camps to get drags or start with something else.

I'm going: Valk5 (tomorrow :excited: ), Hog6 then golem or hound. Then if camps are done, Wiz & freeze. If not, dark spells.

Valk4 is viable at TH10 and doesn't require the other things drags do (zaps/freeze). Drag5 is 8M elixir. You need to commit about 7M elixir to spell factory and research lab upgrades asap. Then you have 4 camps need about 26M elixir. So you either ignore camps to get drags or start with something else.

I'm going: Valk5 (tomorrow :excited: ), Hog6 then golem or hound. Then if camps are done, Wiz & freeze. If not, dark spells.
Have you been hitting th10s in practice?  What's your war outlook?   Bully max th9s for a bit, 2 star strong th10s, or try to 3star weak th10s?

Just had this conversation today with someone.  Our general consensus was

Valk

Hound

Lightning (If you have camps done)

Golems (If don't have camps done)

Just had this conversation today with someone.  Our general consensus was

Valk

Hound

Lightning (If you have camps done)

Golems (If don't have camps done)
Interesting.   Then Hog5?    Tbh, in limited time hevahoing, filling the cc with hogs and taking about 4-6 in camps seems to be fine, which means hog5 isn't a priority.

Have you been hitting th10s in practice?  What's your war outlook?   Bully max th9s for a bit, 2 star strong th10s, or try to 3star weak th10s?
No practising. Too busy GiGob'ing. Used my time at TH9 when heros were maxed to practice some laloons and valknados. 

I've only had 4 war attacks with AQ up. First attack as a TH10, 3 starred an early TH10 with L1 infernos using AQ walk w/ L4 valks. The rest have been 70-80% 2 stars. It is certainly possible to triple weak 10s right out of the gate if you wait till your heros are 30/30. All the options you list are on the table. My preference is to attempt to 3* early 10s which is why I call a base early and attack early so I am not stuck in a bully position at the end of the war.

Interesting.   Then Hog5?    Tbh, in limited time hevahoing, filling the cc with hogs and taking about 4-6 in camps seems to be fine, which means hog5 isn't a priority.
Max hogs are a limited value item right now because you can take 7 hogs in your clan castle and usually you see people use no more than 11 total.  

You can't take lightning in your clan castle, and you can only take one golem or hound.  

Valks are the absolute no doubt most OPAF troop ever released.  You want that ASAP.  

Freeze is just such a long timeframe, talking what? 5 weeks to do it? Maybe more. And it isn't that great till it's fully maxed so you just have to work around that with lightning for the time being.

I'm sure when my valks are max they will be sent the way of witches. 
Witches are absolutely dead.  For all intents they removed them from the game. War is now valks or loons.  (or both) pick one.  And that's at every townhall level.  The only difference is how many hogs you bring (less hogs more valks from 9 to 11) and slightly different spell selection.

I don't think they will really ever nerf them.  I get the sense they are about done with the game and will occasionally add stuff at the TH11 level only for a year or so and call it good.  

In the last week I've seen more than a few really low hero TH10s trip 88k bases while not really even trying for three stars.  That's never happened before.  

The thing is I think they made a mistake releasing valks5 as a th10 thing.  This would have been THE reason to go to TH11, but at 10 I don't see any reason to leave whatsoever.  

Lionsfan011 said:
Thanks to 2x xp week...Fbgs are locked in to be a level 10 clan on Apr 25th. If we sweep the 3 wars next week we'll be playing for war win #200 AND clan level 10 when we kickoff on Sat Apr 23rd.
I gotta hold out and not kick off my final king upgrade before then, can't miss that!  :)

soooo hard to wait...

Witches are absolutely dead.  For all intents they removed them from the game. War is now valks or loons.  (or both) pick one.  And that's at every townhall level.  The only difference is how many hogs you bring (less hogs more valks from 9 to 11) and slightly different spell selection.

I don't think they will really ever nerf them.  I get the sense they are about done with the game and will occasionally add stuff at the TH11 level only for a year or so and call it good.  

In the last week I've seen more than a few really low hero TH10s trip 88k bases while not really even trying for three stars.  That's never happened before.  

The thing is I think they made a mistake releasing valks5 as a th10 thing.  This would have been THE reason to go to TH11, but at 10 I don't see any reason to leave whatsoever.  
You think supercell lets CoC quietly die off?   Seems like it'd be foolish of them not to attempt to expand the franchise while they have a lot of players.    

What are the nerds saying about the rebirth of ghosting? 
Looks like if you did not apply the bowler air defense skin update you can crash out of the app at any time without even a mod and get to do your attack over again. And to top it off you get to keep any war stars you get. 

Users who are viewing this thread