What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (3 Viewers)

Usually botting is done to level up an account and sell it blackmarket.  Do people buy CC accounts?  Is that even possible?
Yes.  Going rate for a 9 with 50 or so heroes is about $150.

Going rate for a 40/40 is about $400

40/40/20 all walls goes around $600

Name change used will cut the value by about 30%.  

After today I'm not sure where the values go, my guess is you see a lot of max accounts on the market and values are at an all time low.

How many War Whales guys? They are the top fair play clan. Hopefully, they are all fair play.
I have no idea.  I'm not that looped in with WW. WW is mostly guys that left WHF and OH for one reason or another at this point.  

So far they only seem to be targeting the ones that are outright flaunting it.  

I figured the introduction of bots would eventually bring out some reaction.  I'm surprised it took this long, actually. 

I figured the introduction of bots would eventually bring out some reaction.  I'm surprised it took this long, actually. 
So if you read the reddit guys they say that something similar hit Hay Day, yes Hay Day, in 2014.  They had auto touch scripts to continually farm gold or something and ended up catching a lot of innocent people in the cross fire.  

So if you read the reddit guys they say that something similar hit Hay Day, yes Hay Day, in 2014.  They had auto touch scripts to continually farm gold or something and ended up catching a lot of innocent people in the cross fire.  
I never played that one, and I read something about chickens earlier when searching around for news and reaction on this which made me laugh.

I'm guessing this is less about detecting 3rd party software, because as I understand it, they can't.  I'm guessing this is more about detecting patterns in play.  As you say, a lot of innocent people will be caught in that net.

I too think the game is about done, or at least for me.  I keep hoping for something which will make me say, "yep, that's enough.  I quit."  4 accounts strong here: th11, 10, 9, and 8

I never played that one, and I read something about chickens earlier when searching around for news and reaction on this which made me laugh.

I'm guessing this is less about detecting 3rd party software, because as I understand it, they can't.  I'm guessing this is more about detecting patterns in play.  As you say, a lot of innocent people will be caught in that net.

I too think the game is about done, or at least for me.  I keep hoping for something which will make me say, "yep, that's enough.  I quit."  4 accounts strong here: th11, 10, 9, and 8
I think it may be too little too late also.  This might be a thinly veiled gift to the fair play war guys, but really this is a direct shot at the bot farmers that are selling accounts on the side.  Accounts that if gemmed represent hits to their bottom line.  They will catch fair play war guys at the same time.  Win win maybe.

Will be interesting to see if loot gets insane good again.  

I think it may be too little too late also.  This might be a thinly veiled gift to the fair play war guys, but really this is a direct shot at the bot farmers that are selling accounts on the side.  Accounts that if gemmed represent hits to their bottom line.  They will catch fair play war guys at the same time.  Win win maybe.

Will be interesting to see if loot gets insane good again.  
How will they catch fair play war guys, or are you just assuming they are also modding, but not botting? 

I wonder, if they are detecting patterns in play, if they will catch up people who are just on all the damned time.  I knew a girl from Australia with a brother in another country whose one account was constantly online.  Regardless, I'm interested in seeing how they do this, and I kind of hope I get banned.

How will they catch fair play war guys, or are you just assuming they are also modding, but not botting? 

I wonder, if they are detecting patterns in play, if they will catch up people who are just on all the damned time.  I knew a girl from Australia with a brother in another country whose one account was constantly online.  Regardless, I'm interested in seeing how they do this, and I kind of hope I get banned.
Did I miss something? You mod?  They aren't gonna boot people for playing alot 

Animator, If you join GME  can get you some decent TH10 bases.  In general, with the valk thing becoming the dominant attack you need to have a base with these features:

Either:

• 9 tile separation between inferno (Think eq) 
  • Full enclosed compartment with things touching in that compartment
  • Hero covers one inferno each
OR

• Infernos in adjacent compartments with both heroes covering both infernos
With most of these accomplished

• Ensure infernos touch nothing (ESPECIALLY NOT TESLAS)
  • Set a DGB in proximity to high HP buildings that touch, i.e. townhall and a DE storage for example
  • Try to make your exterior trash buildings touch, not that important but can make a difference
  • I would advise to have air/ground xbow cover about 270 degrees of your entire exterior of base.  This makes queen walks harder.
  • As always, make sure you can't get an air defense from the outside of the base by a queen walk.

All of these features are designed to pull valks off the inferno tower to engage the heroes, get distracted, and forget they ever cared about the infernos in the first place preventing some/all of them from being healed.  

Thanks to 2x xp week...Fbgs are locked in to be a level 10 clan on Apr 25th. If we sweep the 3 wars next week we'll be playing for war win #200 AND clan level 10 when we kickoff on Sat Apr 23rd.
I would like to join, what exactly do you see your schedule going like?  Would you need any extras to make a # to get the math right?

I would like to join, what exactly do you see your schedule going like?  Would you need any extras to make a # to get the math right?
Kickoff would be 2 pm on Saturday. If we get a favorable draw tomorrow (current war will be a win) then Saturday will indeed be for #200 and L10. 

Not sure on the participants at this time, if anything...we'll be heavy. At least a few people who have been sitting out wars waiting for heroes to upgrade are planning on holding off hero upgrades to play in this one. We usually do 30vs30. Guessing low-mid 30's will opt in for this one.  Best plan might be to sit the alts and rushed th8's as needed to keep it at 30vs30 to avoid the risk of 40vs40 farm war. I don't think we'll need extras. Bring yourself over and worst case scenario is you're in and Shuke sits. 

Kickoff would be 2 pm on Saturday. If we get a favorable draw tomorrow (current war will be a win) then Saturday will indeed be for #200 and L10. 

Not sure on the participants at this time, if anything...we'll be heavy. At least a few people who have been sitting out wars waiting for heroes to upgrade are planning on holding off hero upgrades to play in this one. We usually do 30vs30. Guessing low-mid 30's will opt in for this one.  Best plan might be to sit the alts and rushed th8's as needed to keep it at 30vs30 to avoid the risk of 40vs40 farm war. I don't think we'll need extras. Bring yourself over and worst case scenario is you're in and Shuke sits. 
Ok, I'm about 2 hrs behind on the main for what would be 199 if can wait to start 199 until about 5pm tomorrow.  If not, no big deal.

Animator, If you join GME  can get you some decent TH10 bases.  In general, with the valk thing becoming the dominant attack you need to have a base with these features:

Either:

• 9 tile separation between inferno (Think eq) 
  • Full enclosed compartment with things touching in that compartment
  • Hero covers one inferno each
OR

• Infernos in adjacent compartments with both heroes covering both infernos
With most of these accomplished

• Ensure infernos touch nothing (ESPECIALLY NOT TESLAS)
  • Set a DGB in proximity to high HP buildings that touch, i.e. townhall and a DE storage for example
  • Try to make your exterior trash buildings touch, not that important but can make a difference
  • I would advise to have air/ground xbow cover about 270 degrees of your entire exterior of base.  This makes queen walks harder.
  • As always, make sure you can't get an air defense from the outside of the base by a queen walk.

All of these features are designed to pull valks off the inferno tower to engage the heroes, get distracted, and forget they ever cared about the infernos in the first place preventing some/all of them from being healed.  
Do you have any screen shots of some good anti-valk bases?

FBGS at ~7500 xp and Honda at ~7200 at the conclusion of current war in about 30 minutes. Honda will be two wars behind to level 10. Two maxed clans next week. :suds: :hifive:

Far from 200 wins though.

One thing about the modders quitting is that we won't have anywhere to get bases anymore.  A full 90% of my bases were ripped off twitch/kamcord streams from watching modders fight or other youtubers that stream mod wars.

In Reddit Troopers, for example, new bases had to survive hits from 10 different people before they put it in service.  OneHive Shadow was the best base builder on the planet.  

Now it's gonna be trial and error at least at TH10.  TH9 all the bases for the most part are just wall variations of the same theme.

Pigskin Fanatic said:
FBGS at ~7500 xp and Honda at ~7200 at the conclusion of current war in about 30 minutes. Honda will be two wars behind to level 10. Two maxed clans next week. :suds: :hifive:

Far from 200 wins though.
Given my mad math skillz, how is there such a disparity in XP vs Wins between the two clans? Honda is something like 50 wins behind but essentially dead even on XP. I would think our records & XP would be pretty close, no?

Given my mad math skillz, how is there such a disparity in XP vs Wins between the two clans? Honda is something like 50 wins behind but essentially dead even on XP. I would think our records & XP would be pretty close, no?
It kept track of wins long before XP was introduced.

fbgs ran off a streak of like 70-1 to start off.  Honda wasn't really even the second war clan, that was boog,  If we didn't split wars with boog early on fbgs would be closing in on 250 by now.  Remember fbgs at first was 2x a week and boog was 2x a week but one of them overlapped with fbgs and the other didn't.  

Then boog got more serious and that sort of started the great chasm of interest and skill, and people sort of scattered to quattro and honda for serious war when XP came out.  Not even sure Honda was warring more than once a week for a long time.  

fbgs ran off a streak of like 70-1 to start off.  Honda wasn't really even the second war clan, that was boog,  If we didn't split wars with boog early on fbgs would be closing in on 250 by now.  Remember fbgs at first was 2x a week and boog was 2x a week but one of them overlapped with fbgs and the other didn't.  

Then boog got more serious and that sort of started the great chasm of interest and skill, and people sort of scattered to quattro and honda for serious war when XP came out.  Not even sure Honda was warring more than once a week for a long time.  
Ah, the good ol' days...

I was sort of combing thru seeing what sort of war frequency fbgs ran to sort of extrapolate what the "real" win total likely would be and ran across that.  There are a lot of gems back then.  

Users who are viewing this thread