Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
GregR

Clash of Clans (Official thread)

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more,
Or close the wall up with our Honda dead!
In peace there’s nothing so becomes a man
As modest stillness and humility,
But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
Then imitate the action of the Clayton:
Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood,
Disguise fair nature with hard-favored rage,
Then lend the eye a terrible aspect...
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, culdeus said:

Wanna bet?  They will have probably 6-7 free swings at it.  An AQ walk sets the funnel, set a golem down to start the eagle firing, bk set other side of funnel , valks in rage jumpy, freeze heal.  queen cleans up %.  High level clans, and make no mistake they were at least at one time high level, will absolutely have no issue pathing to the core on a ring base like this.  

I will amend my earlier statement - no TH9 will get the town hall and still be able to take half the base.

They just dropped 8 healers and a queen and a 13 valks on a max base in honda and likely could have done it without spells. Completely REKT.  

Haven't seen anyone really pull off the healed valk healed aq in a real war yet.  That was sick.  

1 minute ago, culdeus said:

They just dropped 8 healers and a queen and a 13 valks on a max base in honda and likely could have done it without spells. Completely REKT.  

Haven't seen anyone really pull off the healed valk healed aq in a real war yet.  That was sick.  

Post replay please.

• Like 1

It's a lot more fun knowing they aren't modding. 

• Like 2

I've been told by my meta buddies that this is called a TH9 HeVa.  Several videos out there on the concept.  I admit I'm not brushed up on my TH9 stuff as of late so those attacks blew the hair off my balls.

5 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

Is this a TH10 on 9 attack strategy?

9 on 9

35 minutes ago, culdeus said:

It's a lot more fun knowing they aren't modding. 

No...no, it's really not :shock:

Cliff, only a handful in the clan can record so it will be a bit but we'll get the highlights of the curbstomping up for you & the crew. Or just swing by, we have room.

And another one.  This is a clinic.  I'll just wait to let them clear all the 9s and get the best ones.  

31 minutes ago, Lionsfan011 said:

Can someone in Honda drop trophies to 1600. I'd like to drop by and get a glimpse of the action.

Done

18 minutes ago, kevvyd said:

Done

Sorry Lionsfan, I appear to be semi - permanently demoted.  I can't lower trophies right now.  Will keep trying ;)

Jonathan just showed me the 4 healer on AQ walk + 4 healer on mass valk attack - wow

Valk move so quickly the ad have no time to take out healers.

I just started upgrading valks. I have little doubt they will be worthless due to nerfing by the time I finish. 

8 minutes ago, MindCrime said:

Need trophies lowered in Honda or fbgs. I'm in no mans land at 1800

/sml 

Thx for opening up Honda, that attack is crazy good. Now- can someone lower the drawbridge at fbgs to 1800? Thx

16 minutes ago, thecatch said:

I just started upgrading valks. I have little doubt they will be worthless due to nerfing by the time I finish. 

Doubt it. They're an easy 2 like GoWiPe but still takes work to get 3 with them.

9 minutes ago, Cliff Clavin said:

How many times have they failed with that attack?

One of them had what looked like his connection drop... Does that count? ?

5 minutes ago, The Animator said:

One of them had what looked like his connection drop... Does that count? ?

Did the attack register?

37 minutes ago, The Animator said:

AQWalk to HealedValk on Aidan

http://youtu.be/Yb9dVfkHCA4

on Beer

http://youtu.be/pOk0tLHc_4U

The attack on Aidan- not only did the hog not spring the cc, but he had a massive wb fail at 10 o'clock, and his aq didn't get in. Had to deal with arch, witch cc pouring right into his valks and BK, but still wiped the base in 2:35.

• Like 1

Ignore above. Quoting is weird on my phone from time to time. 

But bucky you can certainly run that against 9s. I can see it crushing especially with your max valks

I submitted the raids for analysis.  Some things that escaped me on first viewing:

They used mostly the same comp and mostly the same setup.

• AQ let out where could get an exposed air d and attempt to get at least one more.  That aird, for example I pointed out in base 2 was the primary target of the attack on base 2 and ultimately played a key part in that raid succeeding.  
  • Lure cc and double poison it trying to save aq ability and not rage queen.  This was absurdly effective.
  • Use minions and king and a mix of trash troops to funnel the far side from where their own aq was.
  • Then, and this is important, use rages to basically pull a rope through the base by way of hero aggro. 
  • Using 3 rages and 1 jump also accomplishes one other important feature, the healers usually end up in the rage for a bit adding extra healing power.  

This type of strat has been attempted before, but mosty people are zap quaking off an air d as part of the raid.  Nobody, and I mean nobody had used this spell deck to accomplish these raids so easily.  

I have my crack team of researchers trying to see how this can be translated into TH10.  So far I'm struggling because I've gotten sort of used to my funneling swiss army knife of 4 giants 5 wiz 2 minions and that's too many to take if using 8 healers.  

Here is all you need to know about HeVa. I have Acer-like attack abilities, turrible. I just 3 starred a base with a rating of 69, screwed up the AQ walk, almost forgot the CC until the very end of the raid and never used the AQ ability. Fairly certain this is one of the signs of the apocalypse. I think we're close to uninstalling the game if this trend continues, no need to continue.

5 hours ago, The Animator said:

Got a fail for you Cliff... AQ Walk to HeVa Fail

https://youtu.be/WW6JKLcbCSk

And here is Aidan giving back the gift... How does it taste? ?

https://youtu.be/rYl_b9lWxyk

Nicely done Aidan! 

Good hold by alphabets but they guy started his Valk push in to low in the east. 

Edited by Chappy

Jonathan is now hooked on the HeVa

On his 2nd try using it he got 98% - just ran out of time - needed another 5-10 seconds. Against a base with with much stronger heroes than his own. Knowing him he'll be absorbing/searching YouTube for every HeVa attack out there for the next few days.

Should thank the opponent for this new TH9 attack strategy. Pretty cool.

19 hours ago, Clayton Gray said:

It has rarely been even 2-starred.

Update

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Animator said:

Got a fail for you Cliff... AQ Walk to HeVa Fail

https://youtu.be/WW6JKLcbCSk

And here is Aidan giving back the gift... How does it taste? ?

https://youtu.be/rYl_b9lWxyk

Thanks, Ani! My second try at it. On my first try, I wasn't paying attention and let my queen die. Tip - don't do that. Anyway, pretty simple attack overall.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, =Smackdown= said:

Jonathan is now hooked on the HeVa

On his 2nd try using it he got 98% - just ran out of time - needed another 5-10 seconds. Against a base with with much stronger heroes than his own. Knowing him he'll be absorbing/searching YouTube for every HeVa attack out there for the next few days.

Should thank the opponent for this new TH9 attack strategy. Pretty cool.

I mentioned this as well in clan chat. I wonder how you say "#### off, thanks for the attack" in Russian?

This might have legs

https://www.google.com/search?q=belarus+to+english&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=english+to+belarusian

Edited by beer 30

Why not talk #### about all their banned members?  What's the harm? KGB come rape you in your sleep?

Hey guys just wanted to go over the main objectives to this super valk strategy that I see some of you missing on. 

1) you HAVE to kill the cc with your queen walk so invest heavily in making that happen. If you can get an air defense with the qw it's obviously preferred since you are bringing 8 healers which is 112 of your build.

2) make sure and use the king to set the funnel.. Maybe bring a wizard behind the king to get it done quicker and do it on opposite side of queen.. Funneling your valks is everything. 

3)you CANT send your king in with the main attaxking force or else your healers will move to him leaving your valks unprotected.

4) entry point should be away from sweepers and preferably away from air defenses.

Apply all that to your plan and you should have no problems with any th9 layout. GOOD LUCK

• Like 1

Above was from another FPC member taking a look at the video I gave them.  This #### is ON FIRE.

Your base designs are getting some giggles, however.  I would consider likely just scrapping the bases over 67k and starting over.

27 minutes ago, culdeus said:

Your base designs are getting some giggles, however.  I would consider likely just scrapping the bases over 67k and starting over.

Honda, please stop embarrassing culdeus in front of the cool kids. Thanks.

• Like 7

Aiden's attack was interesting. Exploited an air d that was reachable, and did not use king to funnel, instead let king clear trash to sort of move queen along the perimeter. I think ultimately that's a risky strat because the funnel needs to be impeachable to keep the valks contained to the interior of the base.  I think perhaps you risk valks exiting the base in that situation, and likely the queen didn't need the help. 

51 minutes ago, culdeus said:

Hey guys just wanted to go over the main objectives to this super valk strategy that I see some of you missing on. 

1) you HAVE to kill the cc with your queen walk so invest heavily in making that happen. If you can get an air defense with the qw it's obviously preferred since you are bringing 8 healers which is 112 of your build.

2) make sure and use the king to set the funnel.. Maybe bring a wizard behind the king to get it done quicker and do it on opposite side of queen.. Funneling your valks is everything. 

3)you CANT send your king in with the main attaxking force or else your healers will move to him leaving your valks unprotected.

4) entry point should be away from sweepers and preferably away from air defenses.

Apply all that to your plan and you should have no problems with any th9 layout. GOOD LUCK

Using the BK to help set the funnel is an excellent point, the goal is to keep the valks inside the base not wandering off to the outside where they will just ring the base. They look like freaking pinballs inside the base so laying down rage in approximate areas is no problem since they eventual path across there. Good stuff, thank them for the insight :thumbup:

The other thing that kinda made me go :shock: was the shear speed of the attack. Without getting all zen you have to visualize the attack in order to anticipate where to place the jumps and rages most effectively. If you don't and go in thinking you;ll be able to decide as the pack paths around you will absolutely miss the it. They will be done and gone before you tap the screen.

Most excited I've been about an attack in a long time. We knew valks were the new meta but this fine tunes it :suds:<---vodka in honor of our Russian friends