What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (3 Viewers)

Big decision time. Push JR or SR to TH11? 

-JR bats about 80% vs TH9s and would be 99. 9% with max hounds, loons and a warden.

-SR would continue with point D but not touch infernos, xbows, eagle or mortars. Would be able to help smash around 11s. 

Only got the time for one.
I'm probably leaving shuke as is. Haven't raided on it in a few weeks. 

Dipping on th10s with an 11 army still takes pretty decent heroes. Don't think it's worth the time and I'm just gonna bully 9s till the game dies out. 

Wild overreactions got us the 24 hour fc cool down which was a good thing.

But it wouldn't an update without a culdeus overreaction and a cliff overreaction to the overreaction.
But my reaction to cliffs overreaction of culd's overreaction is laughter... (As well as going out and stealing loot from quitters who are overreacting)

The other thing you gotta think about is ratios.  Once you end up with more 11s than 10s you can get severe mismatches in both directions. 

A 2 to 5 ratio of eagles to inferno is ideal. 1 to 1 is ok but worse than that can be a mess. Not exactly sure what our count is right now. 

If we count you we have 7 eagles and then infernos down to like 18. 

Cliff up to you. If you only have time for one I don't see why you wouldn't do the main. But you should max your d to th10 level.  Doesn't have to be before going to 11 but should just path to that. 

90k th10 at least up to today were the most valuable resale accounts going. Right now a clan is only as good as its th10s. So ask yourself are you a #####?

I fell on the wrong side of history on this one. 

Anybody got a list of the ####### that happened with this update? Assume healers, miners, bowlers are ####ed, yes?

If we count you we have 7 eagles and then infernos down to like 18. 

Cliff up to you. If you only have time for one I don't see why you wouldn't do the main. But you should max your d to th10 level.  Doesn't have to be before going to 11 but should just path to that. 
Gonna see how this update shakes out. If there is no path to 3* an 11, I may hold off... or if you need to be TH11 to 3* a TH10, I may push.

ETA: And I don't see much of a point in doing xbows/infernos any further. I don't get 3*'ed by 10s as it is so why not keep the weight down? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Cliff Clavin said:
So, clump seekers outside where you expect a walk or spread them out?
Right now I just spread them in front of air defenses. So if you are going to bring a walk into an air d and take it out, you are losing a healer

So are healers useless now?   Has anyone done a war attack with them? 

Are bowlers useless?   Same question as above.   Thanks

War kickoffs in about an hour so we'll know soon enough. 18 war win streak on the line and we're matched with a very strong clan.

Been using healers for AQ walk raiding with valks with similar success. The key to a 3* vs TH10 is have the healers switch over to the valks mid raid and keeping them alive after the core is dead. Now that the healers won't likely live through the core, I'm guessing what would have been 3* will now be high 80s, low 90s.

Too early to tell - we kick off our next war in about 45 minutes.

SC boards and some friendly in clan attacks suggest that mass bowler + healer is dead for now.

But again - will not know until some live war raids.

Thanks gents.   My BK is down so I'm safe for now.   Sad because I was just getting the hang of the attack. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe I'm just in a funk but I haven't 3* a strong TH10 raiding since the update. Mid 80s for everything. Previously would 3* about 75% of them.

Gonna see how this update shakes out. If there is no path to 3* an 11, I may hold off... or if you need to be TH11 to 3* a TH10, I may push.

ETA: And I don't see much of a point in doing xbows/infernos any further. I don't get 3*'ed by 10s as it is so why not keep the weight down? 
Right now war weight being war weight being a TH11 without an eagle is probably the most valuable base in clash next to a base like shuke or jr.  Max everything else, but don't set the eagle down.  That is, if you care about war weight and don't want to do meta wars.

Mass miners seem like they are still viable. I just can't seem to get a handle on that just yet.  Having two miners barracks will work. Then the question is do you really want to play a game that the main attack is, send heroes in, release line of miners, collect ???? stars.

Right now war weight being war weight being a TH11 without an eagle is probably the most valuable base in clash next to a base like shuke or jr.  Max everything else, but don't set the eagle down.  That is, if you care about war weight and don't want to do meta wars.
I just don't see much value in increasing my weight for our wars. As is, 99% of the time it takes a TH11 to 3* me while I sit near the bottom of the 10s. Especially now with the cannon bump, TH10 don't have much of a chance any more vs a good base design.

I just don't see much value in increasing my weight for our wars. As is, 99% of the time it takes a TH11 to 3* me while I sit near the bottom of the 10s. Especially now with the cannon bump, TH10 don't have much of a chance any more vs a good base design.
upgrading tower weight increase went way, way down with the december update.  Then they nerfed it again with the inferno upgrade.  You are 86.  You can only add 3 pounds until you max your walls.  That's nothing. War weight management is only possible now in a .5 environment.  Once you break that seal you may as well max everything.

upgrading tower weight increase went way, way down with the december update.  Then they nerfed it again with the inferno upgrade.  You are 86.  You can only add 3 pounds until you max your walls.  That's nothing. War weight management is only possible now in a .5 environment.  Once you break that seal you may as well max everything.
Don't forgot about "perceived weight"... yeah, I just made that up. They see base 15 with L1 infernos and L3 xbows, they'll piss away 2-3 attacks on it before they realize they aren't going to get it.

Don't forgot about "perceived weight"... yeah, I just made that up. They see base 15 with L1 infernos and L3 xbows, they'll piss away 2-3 attacks on it before they realize they aren't going to get it.
Maybe, but the old mantra of build it and don't upgrade it is really over for any practical war weight sense.  They claim they will try to patch this in some future change, but I'm dubious they can ever manage this issue any better than they are now.  

Max cannons now do 10% more damage than a max xbow.  That's a #### ton.
Yea, that's a typical over reaction to the new meta which affects so many other things, not just the targeted area. Hate that CoC does that these days. Throw #### on the wall, find out what is overpowered, overcompensate someplace else to nerf what is overpowered. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Mass miners seem like they are still viable. I just can't seem to get a handle on that just yet.  Having two miners barracks will work. Then the question is do you really want to play a game that the main attack is, send heroes in, release line of miners, collect ???? stars.
Um, yea. I enjoy the strategy of the game but there are other times I just want to autopilot a gem session and chat. I also like having an overpowering attack as a th10 against a th9. There should be a perk to being a level higher, face wiping anything other than a max base should be one of them.

I also like having an overpowering attack as a th10 against a th9. There should be a perk to being a level higher, face wiping anything other than a max base should be one of them.
Same here.  Once I got the swing of HGHB TH9's were no problem.  With healers taking a ding, it'd be nice to know that there would be a viable Myagi attack (If done right...no defense) if I was needed to seal the deal near the end of a war.

Last 3 hours in fbgs will be interesting.  They are probably done, but have 15 max queen hits to go.  If they are really on their game they have a shot to steal #19 in a row.  We have a ton of firepower too and had a clutch 11 on 11 trip earlier this morning already.

Do you bring wall breakers for yours, or extra wizards?
Culd's and my 2nd accounts are TH10s with 10/10 heros and built for all air to beat up on TH9s. Typically zap an air defense or two (preferably one that the AQ is standing on), send in a couple loons to pop the CC, drop heros in a corner and let them kill the CC. Crush the rest of the base with air. Rarely ever need to take any ground troops.

At this point I mainly use heroes to funnel dragons to kill the queen for them after zapping off two air d.  Was on an insane streak of like 9 in a row, then have cooled off a bit trying to hit bases that are a little tough to manage without spells to push through the tough parts and sweepers..  

I find it interesting they called that an overmatch.  That was about as close as you can get.  We had 2 more inferno bases.  They had more 40/40/20s.  They failed to trip a single TH11 or TH10 on level and used a substantial amount of dips to clear 9s.  They had their fair share of engineered bases as well.  Same as us I think.  The bottom 5 of the map doesn't count nearly at all.  They want to match 9s don't run 5 th8s. Just run with 5 less bases.

I find it interesting they called that an overmatch.  That was about as close as you can get.  We had 2 more inferno bases.  They had more 40/40/20s.  They failed to trip a single TH11 or TH10 on level and used a substantial amount of dips to clear 9s.  They had their fair share of engineered bases as well.  Same as us I think.  The bottom 5 of the map doesn't count nearly at all.  They want to match 9s don't run 5 th8s. Just run with 5 less bases.
They game the system by adding a bunch of TH8s and non-xbow 9s. We do it with Shuke, JR and Guam. 

Users who are viewing this thread