What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (7 Viewers)

Tried the Miner troop for the first time in this current war, and they are awesome.  My lvl 1's ran through the opposing #1 like Sherman through Georgia.  Reminded me of the old two-finger Hog Rider days.  (Cool story bro)
Been working with 2 golems, 6 L2 bowlers, 4 wiz, 24 L1 miners, 4 WB, 1J, 1R, 3H and various CCs (valks/bowlers/miners). Can manage about 80% tops in friendly challenges vs max 10s with good bases.

Crush max TH10 farm bases with it no problem.

The current game is just so hard on TH10s.  I'm not sure what they can really do about it that won't make TH11 game stronger than it already is.  L3 miners wouldn't suck.  

Right now the feel I get is a TH10 trip is damn near a unicorn, I mean you can blow a dip on a 10 pretty easy too.  

The next loss is going to come when there is a TH11 overmatch to the point where there aren't enough 11 on 10 dips to manage the other side and they don't run 3 or 4 stupid ring bases..  

The current game is just so hard on TH10s.  I'm not sure what they can really do about it that won't make TH11 game stronger than it already is.  L3 miners wouldn't suck.  

Right now the feel I get is a TH10 trip is damn near a unicorn, I mean you can blow a dip on a 10 pretty easy too.  

The next loss is going to come when there is a TH11 overmatch to the point where there aren't enough 11 on 10 dips to manage the other side and they don't run 3 or 4 stupid ring bases..  
It just needs an ever so slight change. L5 Warden at TH10 would probably be enough and it wouldn't affect TH11.

I think there aren't going to be many clans that can win if you

TH11

-TH10 hit up on non anti-2 bases for 2 stars

-Hit anti-2 bases for 3 stars

-Save some hits for % or to stretch lower th11 to 3 stars late

TH10

-Dip on any 86k and higher base with TH11 

-Hit any anti-2 base, <86k bases, or >86k that have serious issues with TH10, 

TH9s 

They still die fairly easily.  Haven't had to dip much in this range lately with shuke/jr on form.

I'm about to finish up max miners. I'll probably rejoin the war effort once the winning streak ends as I'm not emotionally prepared to be blamed for snapping it. 

That chart I put out on GME was interesting.  While I don't have the raw data points, if you squint you can sort of see that once you push past 4 wins the difficulty of getting to 40 wins is about the same for each N+1 win you have, but once you hit 40 wins you get a new "breakpoint" going through from 40 seems exceptionally rare.  

It certainly seems that most clans hit a wall at about 4 in a row.  A huge wall.  

At this point somewhere in the 0.3 to 0.4% current win streak and in the .5% all time.  Will be throwing on another 0 at roughly 32ish if you squint.

That chart I put out on GME was interesting.  While I don't have the raw data points, if you squint you can sort of see that once you push past 4 wins the difficulty of getting to 40 wins is about the same for each N+1 win you have, but once you hit 40 wins you get a new "breakpoint" going through from 40 seems exceptionally rare.  

It certainly seems that most clans hit a wall at about 4 in a row.  A huge wall.  

At this point somewhere in the 0.3 to 0.4% current win streak and in the .5% all time.  Will be throwing on another 0 at roughly 32ish if you squint.
Link for those of us not on GME?

Another ban wave last night.  This time targeting IOS users of nadis imod software, primarily.  Much smaller wave than last time.  Does seem to have nailed 4 people on the opponent's roster and...Big Boss?

Best thing I could think is to just keep pestering them and also saying you know people have had their bans overturned. 
yeah ive fired back a email to the canned response I got. ive got nothing to lose so might as well just bug the #### out of them

Some disagreement out there whether a ban wave actually happened or not.  No major casualties reported in the clans of note, so no idea wtf is going on.

Anyone going to finish off 30? I'd like to get a little practice as I've never used a miner or a bowler. 
Use that build for 30. Spread the golems from 2-3. 2 wiz behind each golem to funnel. WB the golems in then drop the jump to get them further. Heros and bowlers in behind them. Rage them. Drop all the miners along one side of them and heal as necessary. :profit:

If you leave your clan during war prep, but get back to the clan before the war gun goes off...can you still battle?  Or does it turn you into a "war spectator" if you leave and come back?

If you leave your clan during war prep, but get back to the clan before the war gun goes off...can you still battle?  Or does it turn you into a "war spectator" if you leave and come back?

You can leave as soon as match is made, come back for 5 minutes, attack twice and leave if you want. Still get loot even if gone when war ends.

With everyone moving up fbgs is getting thin with TH9's.

If only there were another fbg clan with  a bunch of TH9's that wasn't taking in randoms so they can barely get to 10-15 to war.

Nah - silly me.

Came over just to post that. Next up is a clan with nearly identical hero levels and th count. Should be interesting 
They have one more warden, but after the top 10 the heroes drop off a lot.  They probably just live on dips and hope the other side doesn't match.  

Buddy got banned for playing on a jailbroken iPad. He's pissed (has years and $hundreds into the game) and trying to appeal but sounds like he's SOL. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Buddy got banned for playing on a jailbroken iPad. He's pissed (has years and $hundreds into the game) and trying to appeal but sounds like he's SOL. 
sounds similar to my situation.. he's SOL

I was looking over my charges I've spent on clans & royale.. $600 :ph34r: :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread