Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Homer J Simpson

John Oliver is the best thing on TV.

Recommended Posts

As a Dane I got a big laugh about the segment on Danish Zoos.

And I say, more euthanasia, autopsies and showing real stuff to people, even children (at least in zoos).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hoping he goes hard at trump and exposes some major stuff after trump called him out on Twitter.

I think Trump has earned a special place and at some point they will go after him real hard. Never start this kind of thing with a professional it doesn't end well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hoping he goes hard at trump and exposes some major stuff after trump called him out on Twitter.

He did call him Persona Non Grata in the opening collage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad he's back on television. :thumbup:

Edited by wazoo11
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome stuff, I miss Jon Stewart a little less every episode. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/24/2016 at 10:49 PM, BigSteelThrill said:

He just crushes those idiots.

MakeDonaldDrumpfAgain  :D

Edited by blend
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, blend said:

MakeDonaldDrumpfAgain  :D

 

I mean, it was funny, but, just exposes Hollywood liberalism. Criticizing Trump as "just a lifestyle brand" misses the point that "Hope and Change" was exactly the same thing that the American people swallowed up wholesale and still believe with violent fervor.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Walking Boot said:

 

I mean, it was funny, but, just exposes Hollywood liberalism. Criticizing Trump as "just a lifestyle brand" misses the point that "Hope and Change" was exactly the same thing that the American people swallowed up wholesale and still believe with violent fervor.

:lmao:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Walking Boot said:

 

I mean, it was funny, but, just exposes Hollywood liberalism. Criticizing Trump as "just a lifestyle brand" misses the point that "Hope and Change" was exactly the same thing that the American people swallowed up wholesale and still believe with violent fervor.

I appreciate and enjoy Oliver, he is wildly entertaining and while I disagree with plenty he says, I also learn a few things you don't always see or hear everywhere. I also would like to see if Oliver is 100% factual, its framed that way but most folks know better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On November 1, 2015 at 6:21 PM, Leeroy Jenkins said:

I'm hoping he goes hard at trump and exposes some major stuff after trump called him out on Twitter.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Walking Boot said:

 

I mean, it was funny, but, just exposes Hollywood liberalism. Criticizing Trump as "just a lifestyle brand" misses the point that "Hope and Change" was exactly the same thing that the American people swallowed up wholesale and still believe with violent fervor.

Hope and Change was a great campaign slogan simply because we were in two wars and the economy was spiraling into a depression. Of course Americans swallowed it up. And the economy is ten times better as a result. This Trump nonsense, and the way he has bamboozled his sheep into thinking he'd be a good choice for President, is unlike anything this country has ever seen.  His supporters literally don't care how much he lies, how racist he is, or how rude he is to everyone. He wasn't kidding when he said he could commit murder in the middle of Fifth Avenue and his supporters would still vote for him. It's both hilarious and frightening.

Edited by JuniorNB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ministry of Pain said:

I appreciate and enjoy Oliver, he is wildly entertaining and while I disagree with plenty he says, I also learn a few things you don't always see or hear everywhere. I also would like to see if Oliver is 100% factual, its framed that way but most folks know better. 

why?  you don't care if Drumpf is.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This guy is money as always. Delivery isn't quite as good as John Stewart but his content is probably better honestly.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, joffer said:

why?  you don't care if Drumpf is.

Look at just how you write the dude's name compared to how I approach my respect for John Oliver...it's clear on this topic Joffer we won't be able to discuss much, I'm sorry because I like your POV and what you bring to the FFA. 

And I do care about Trump's facts, I also know most Trump supporters do not care about nitpicky PC stuff, that's a fact. If Trump said the United States did not form until 1812, that's a factual error. But most Anti-Trumps are rooted in calling him a bigot and using that as a way to discredit everything the man says no matter what the topic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, The General said:

This guy is money as always. Delivery isn't quite as good as John Stewart but his content is probably better honestly.

Like I posted, whether you agree with him or not, whether you like him or not(I do), you will learn a few things tuning into his show. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ministry of Pain said:

Look at just how you write the dude's name compared to how I approach my respect for John Olive. 

He should be proud of his heritage

#MakeDonaldDrumpfAgain

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:lmao: at what he did to Trump. 

Even Jon Stewart is jealous right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, The General said:

This guy is money as always. Delivery isn't quite as good as John Stewart but his content is probably better honestly.

True but keep in mind he has a week to prepare, while Stewart had 24 hours. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ministry of Pain said:

Look at just how you write the dude's name compared to how I approach my respect for John Oliver...it's clear on this topic Joffer we won't be able to discuss much, I'm sorry because I like your POV and what you bring to the FFA. 

And I do care about Trump's facts, I also know most Trump supporters do not care about nitpicky PC stuff, that's a fact. If Trump said the United States did not form until 1812, that's a factual error. But most Anti-Trumps are rooted in calling him a bigot and using that as a way to discredit everything the man says no matter what the topic. 

There are things about Trump I don't care about. But I care that he flat out lies about things, and then doesn't seem to even care when it is uncovered (or even doubles down on the lie). I care that Trump wants to commit has advocated for committing war crimes (torture, killing innocents). I care that Trump thinks America isn't great right now, while we are objectively still one of the preeminent countries in the world. I care that Trump changes positions. I care that Trump is derogatory toward women, the disabled and others. And I care that I don't really know what he'll do once in office.

Edited by Maelstrom
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Maelstrom said:

There are things about Trump I don't care about. But I care that he flat out lies about things, and then doesn't seem to even care when it is uncovered (or even doubles down on the lie). I care that Trump wants to commit war crimes (torture, killing innocents). I care that Trump thinks America isn't great right now, while we are objectively still one of the per-eminent countries in the world. I care that Trump changes positions. I care that Trump is derogatory toward women, the disabled and others. And I care that I don't really know what he'll do once in office.

Did you expect me to say this is unreasonable thinking?  

I'm not saying I agree with you but I think most of your post is reasonable. I think the war crimes stuff is getting a little bothered over nothing happening, likely not even should he take office. 

BTW...Oliver did say Trump would be taking office in 2017...he never used the words if trump takes office. Oliver is a fairly smart guy, I doubt he hates Trump as much as some of his followers. And Oliver will make a lot of new fans over the summer with Trump running as the GOP nominee while he shells out jokes and insults. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ministry of Pain said:

Did you expect me to say this is unreasonable thinking?  

I'm not saying I agree with you but I think most of your post is reasonable. I think the war crimes stuff is getting a little bothered over nothing happening, likely not even should he take office. 

BTW...Oliver did say Trump would be taking office in 2017...he never used the words if trump takes office. Oliver is a fairly smart guy, I doubt he hates Trump as much as some of his followers. And Oliver will make a lot of new fans over the summer with Trump running as the GOP nominee while he shells out jokes and insults. 

Yah, "wants to commit" is probably over the top, probably better to say "has advocated".

I think it is a significant possibility Trump is our next President. And as much as I wouldn't vote for him, I think we could do far worse. Cruz, for instance. I'm not even a huge Rubio fan, although I think he may be the last viable "establishment" candidate left. Both Rubio and Cruz bible-thump way too much for me, although Rubio kind of strikes me as the kind that is doing it because he thinks he has to, and that he wouldn't let it influence his day to day in the White House. But for Trump, I think my last point, that we don't know what he'll do once in office, is why I feel ok if he does get elected. I think he'll be much more moderate than during the campaign. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see him swing way back toward center if he locks up the nomination.

I actually feel like I'll be in a tough spot this election, if Bernie loses the nomination (still holding faith that he can weather the Super Tuesday storm). Because I don't like Hillary at all either. But I don't think anyone on the GOP side represents my views, even Kasick is way too socially conservative.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ministry of Pain said:

Oliver is a fairly smart guy, I doubt he hates Trump as much as some of his followers. 

I'll take that bet.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His line of "you will remember the inauguration date, because that's the date people from the future will come back to prevent from ever happening" was amazing. I almost choked. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The General said:

I'll take that bet.

He acknowledged in his show this week that Trump hits a note with him. It's a note he hates as he said so on the broadcast but Oliver could see a serious boost in ratings if he can catch some of the Trump fervor and capitalize on it. 

I thought I would hate his takes on Trump but I found them funny and honest. I was only put off by a couple things, didn't enjoy him using a 20 yr old Ivanka clip, other small things I would have called him on if I were sitting across from him but all in all Oliver is brilliant.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, John Oliver is riding the trump train for ratings success. Good one MOP. Nailed it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Capella said:

His line of "you will remember the inauguration date, because that's the date people from the future will come back to prevent from ever happening" was amazing. I almost choked. 

He also showed Trump settling lawsuits on Trump Towers Tampa. I thought Trump owned all these buildings with his name on it...not true we find out. I am interested in Trump's tax returns now. 

I am interested in Trump only because I hate most politicians. I think both parties are a joke and not much difference between them other than media sound bites for their bases. 

People voting for him are simply extending a middle finger towards the the current set up. That's my opinion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ministry of Pain said:

He acknowledged in his show this week that Trump hits a note with him. It's a note he hates as he said so on the broadcast but Oliver could see a serious boost in ratings if he can catch some of the Trump fervor and capitalize on it. 

I thought I would hate his takes on Trump but I found them funny and honest. I was only put off by a couple things, didn't enjoy him using a 20 yr old Ivanka clip, other small things I would have called him on if I were sitting across from him but all in all Oliver is brilliant.  

He called him "America's back mole". Pretty much mocked everything about him, his brand, his products, his politics, his ego, called him a liar. Don't think he is a fan.

Will and does provide great content though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The General said:

He called him "America's back mole". Pretty much mocked everything about him, his brand, his products, his politics, his ego, called him a liar. Don't think he is a fan.

Will and does provide great content though.

It's TV first, try and remember that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ministry of Pain said:

He also showed Trump settling lawsuits on Trump Towers Tampa. I thought Trump owned all these buildings with his name on it...not true we find out. I am interested in Trump's tax returns now. 

I am interested in Trump only because I hate most politicians. I think both parties are a joke and not much difference between them other than media sound bites for their bases. 

People voting for him are simply extending a middle finger towards the the current set up. That's my opinion. 

That is definitely not the only set of people voting for him. It may have started that way and there may be a few left. But it's become something far more gross now. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ministry of Pain said:

It's TV first, try and remember that. 

:lol: I'm sure Hannity loves Hillary too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.