What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** Punk/ Hardcore Music Thread (1 Viewer)

Herb

Footballguy
Been thinking about doing this for a while. So here goes. There have been a few good punk-related threads over the years but I'm looking to have an ongoing one that lets those of us that are interested share thoughts and info on acts old and new, link songs and videos, discuss upcoming shows as well as ones you've attended, reminisce over how we've turned into old sellouts, etc.

Punk Song Draft and sweet sweet punk playlist

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the reasons I was inspired to start this thread are some bands I've come across lately.

Perfect Pu--y: these guys are f-in hardcore. With a female lead singer. And keyboards! I love this band, but they are certainly not for everybody. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er2-ujXSpw8

Turkish Techno: I think these guys have only recorded like one split EP, but I like them a lot. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0C11uHA_gw&feature=kp

Masked Intruder: They've been around a while, but I just heard of them. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riQUCJTlndU

One of the reasons I was inspired to start this thread are some bands I've come across lately.

Perfect Pu--y: these guys are f-in hardcore. With a female lead singer. And keyboards! I love this band, but they are certainly not for everybody. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er2-ujXSpw8

Turkish Techno: I think these guys have only recorded like one split EP, but I like them a lot. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0C11uHA_gw&feature=kp

Masked Intruder: They've been around a while, but I just heard of them. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riQUCJTlndU
Youtube blocked at work but will check 'em out later. Love discovering new bands this way. Thanks! :towelwave:

I loved old school, late 70s, classic punk rock, either from England or southern California. Some of my favorites from that era:

X

The Dickies (still the funniest band ever.)

The Undertones

I'm a little split on Perfect P####, sometimes I get the feeling that the vocals and music aren't hand-in-glove the way that most hardcore is. Maybe that's on purpose? But I always feel like I'm listening to two different things spliced together.

Big fan of Masked Intruder, though. The Menzingers and Civil War Rust are both good, too.

I've been out of that scene for quite a long time but I fondly recall lots of hardcore shows from the mid-late 80s.

I particularly remember seeing Scream play in Boston and got to meet an enthusiastic and relatively unknown kid named Dave Grohl.

Earth Crisis may be my all time favorite band... or maybe Blood for Blood... or maybe Snapcase... I dunno, something with breakdowns though for sure.

Earth Crisis may be my all time favorite band... or maybe Blood for Blood... or maybe Snapcase... I dunno, something with breakdowns though for sure.
caboose is on my mix. Never liked EC. Karl was a turn off since he was everything I hated about sxe

VOD was an excellent band. I have their EP which never left my 5 cd changer. Once they started making real studio albums, they lost their edge imo.

Live shows were awesome and Tim had some super hot girlfriends

One of my favorite most under rated bands was Ensign.

No Sworn Enemy? I.D.S. is on my imaginary "all time favorite songs" list.

Oh, and Overthrow's React is on my "perfect albums" list... pretty sure they are LINY, and that they only had that one album.

ETA: Oh, and holy crap I love H20, I always overlooked them a bit thogh for some reason. I should stop now, or I am going to waste my entire day in this thread.

Jay, Is kid dynamite from Philly. They put out some good stuff
Yep, although I do not remember it, a GB of mine claims that I have seen them with him more than once :shrug:

P.S. do me a favor and check out Overthrow's React album. I can point you in the right direction if needed. It was one of those game changer albums for me.

No Sworn Enemy? I.D.S. is on my imaginary "all time favorite songs" list.

Oh, and Overthrow's React is on my "perfect albums" list... pretty sure they are LINY, and that they only had that one album.
tbh, I have never heard of either of these bands.
I just checked, neither of them really have a presence on spotify. There is a bunch of Sworn Enemy stuff from when they turned in to a more trash metal-ish band though. I dig their old Stillborn record stuff.

Yep, although I do not remember it, a GB of mine claims that I have seen them with him more than once :shrug:

P.S. do me a favor and check out Overthrow's React album. I can point you in the right direction if needed. It was one of those game changer albums for me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rv_Zv9NkzQ0

triple crown records. Wasnt that Rick ta lifes label
That's it... I am totally not getting any work done today.

P.S. if that was Rick's label, I was never aware of it. They put out some of my all time favorite records though, that's for sure.

Yep, although I do not remember it, a GB of mine claims that I have seen them with him more than once :shrug: P.S. do me a favor and check out Overthrow's React album. I can point you in the right direction if needed. It was one of those game changer albums for me.
just checked. 25 ta lifes first full length was put out on it but then went to back to basics records and I think that is Ricks label

I'm a little split on Perfect P####, sometimes I get the feeling that the vocals and music aren't hand-in-glove the way that most hardcore is. Maybe that's on purpose? But I always feel like I'm listening to two different things spliced together.

Big fan of Masked Intruder, though. The Menzingers and Civil War Rust are both good, too.
Good point with PP- I think that's the point, though. To be like something you haven't heard. The melodic keyboards paired with her voice (which is barely audible at times, even though she's screaming) are ... unnerving, almost, but in such a delicious way.

I have a 9 mos old daughter. I hope someday she asks me what punk rock is. I will play Rancid's Out Come the Wolves followed by Life Won't wait.

No one sings punk quite like Lars.

Other great NYCHC bands: Agnostic Front, Cro Mags, Merauder, Etown Concrete, Madball.

I have a 9 mos old daughter. I hope someday she asks me what punk rock is. I will play Rancid's Out Come the Wolves followed by Life Won't wait.

No one sings punk quite like Lars.

Other great NYCHC bands: Agnostic Front, Cro Mags, Merauder, Etown Concrete, Madball.
I know music is subjective but would you really label etown as great. Plus they are from NJ. I saw them at the stone pony. Bought their demo and a t shirt I still wear. So I like them, just not sure they are great

At this point in my life I go to one or two shows a year.

Last show was the Street Dogs, SlapShot, Ducky Boys, and a few other smaller acts.

AcerFC-

How about Integrity?
im not familiar with them.Eta: im sorry if I came off like a ####. I am no authority. I just feel like there were bands that did the same thing as e town that were a lot better like Downset

VOD was an excellent band. I have their EP which never left my 5 cd changer. Once they started making real studio albums, they lost their edge imo.

Live shows were awesome and Tim had some super hot girlfriends

One of my favorite most under rated bands was Ensign.
+100

Users who are viewing this thread