What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Two 12 yr old girls try to murder their friend in honor of Slenderman (1 Viewer)

meatwad1

Footballguy
This happened in the town I live in:

Two 12-year-old girls from Waukesha, Wisconsin are facing attempted murder charges following a brutal attack on one of their classmates. An attack they say was inspired by their devotion to internet horror myth Slender Man.P

The accused, Morgan Geyser and Anissa Weier, are alleged to have invited a friend over for a sleepover, during which they had planned to murder her in order to appeal to Slender Man, who they say lived in a mansion in nearby countryside.

http://kotaku.com/girls-claim-slender-man-is-real-stab-classmate-19-time-1585164160

http://time.com/2817524/slender-man-murder-charge-waukesha/

Lawyer guys, I ask you a question: Is the school district in trouble for this? The superintendent has already sent out a CYA letter stating that this happened off school grounds and off school time. The problem here though is that Waukesha just started a 1:1 I Pad program where kids are able to have it off school grounds. Apparently, all of their 'research' took place on these i - pads, and a parent was quoted in the paper as saying the school district is responsible to check the history, which seeing that it is June, did not occur. A fellow student was also quoted that one of the girls had Slenderman as her screen saver on the school isssued I Pad. This smells like trouble to me. What do you guys think?

Looking up slenderman or having a drawing of him as a screen saver is no more dangerous than looking up Mickey Mouse or having a Mickey screen saver. Both are completely fictional characters. I don't see how you can blame a school if 2 wackjobs believe something fictional is real.

I started this exact thread yesterday with a link to the front page of the NY Daily News... That thread disappeared :shrug:

Looking up slenderman or having a drawing of him as a screen saver is no more dangerous than looking up Mickey Mouse or having a Mickey screen saver. Both are completely fictional characters. I don't see how you can blame a school if 2 wackjobs believe something fictional is real.
I just googled slenderman since I had no clue who he was. I'm not going to die am I?

I just googled slenderman since I had no clue who he was. I'm not going to die am I?
No, but according to one parent, you are now going to try to kill a 12 year old girl.

I don't know about that. Creepy pasta supposedly has a lot of murder fantasy type stuff on there and that is what they were reading. That is way different than anything produced by Disney, although Illuminati theorists would most likely disagree with me on that. This is a new question in society, but people have to ask who is responsible for monitoring the child when it was the school who administered the ipads. I am not saying that argument is right, but I can see where heavy doses of expensive litigation might be in front of school district officials.

I don't know about that. Creepy pasta supposedly has a lot of murder fantasy type stuff on there and that is what they were reading. That is way different than anything produced by Disney, although Illuminati theorists would most likely disagree with me on that. This is a new question in society, but people have to ask who is responsible for monitoring the child when it was the school who administered the ipads. I am not saying that argument is right, but I can see where heavy doses of expensive litigation might be in front of school district officials.
You can go to deviant art and find disney characters doing a whole bunch of wild ####. And we won't even get into the whole slash/fic genre.

The Russian Sleep Experiment story there is ####### wild.

I started this exact thread yesterday with a link to the front page of the NY Daily News... That thread disappeared :shrug:
Sorry...I didn't see it...Parrothead is probably right. In any event, this will probably make Slenderman 100 times more popular.
It was gone in about 3 minutes :scared: slenderman?
Saw your thread yesterday. Same thing happened to me once. It's because you had a naughty word in the thread title even though the filter picked it up. I have no idea why threads get deleted even if the language filter is doing its job. Cant have thread titles with ##### in them I guess. :shrug:

Sorry...I didn't see it...Parrothead is probably right. In any event, this will probably make Slenderman 100 times more popular.
Saw your thread yesterday. Same thing happened to me once. It's because you had a naughty word in the thread title even though the filter picked it up. I have no idea why threads get deleted even if the language filter is doing its job. Cant have thread titles with ##### in them I guess. :shrug:
Don't circumvent the language filter.

When I was in the 7th grade, very few of my female classmates tried to murder anyone. But then again, it was a highly competitive town.

Typing a naughty word and having the filter pick it up isn't circumventing it. it's "using" it.

One of them is a sociopath the other is a follower. This had less to do with any fictional character and more to do with the people who committed the act. My guess is there is animal torture in someone's background.

The victim, also 12, was found Saturday collapsed on the sidewalk, suffering from 19 stab wounds, after she had managed to crawl out of the woods. She had been invited to one of the accused killer’s house under the guise of a birthday sleepover.

And the parents want to sue the school...

Typing a naughty word and having the filter pick it up isn't circumventing it. it's "using" it.
Read the FAQ. I don't make the rules. :shrug:

You can go to deviant art and find disney characters doing a whole bunch of wild ####. And we won't even get into the whole slash/fic genre.
I just caught a 13 year old kid on that website yesterday.

The victim, also 12, was found Saturday collapsed on the sidewalk, suffering from 19 stab wounds, after she had managed to crawl out of the woods. She had been invited to one of the accused killer’s house under the guise of a birthday sleepover.

I don't know if they want to sue the school...I was thinking of whether or not the school had any liability if it is discovered that Slenderman stuff was being absorbed during learning time. Let's say that they audit her ipad and find that she was reading creepypasta and watching slenderman videos for an hour a day at school...is it reasonable to say the school should be keeping a lid on that kind of thing, or is an 'anything goes' approach more reasonable?

One of them is a sociopath the other is a follower. This had less to do with any fictional character and more to do with the people who committed the act. My guess is there is animal torture in someone's background.
One of the attackers was quoted in the story saying that it was weird that I didn't feel remorse. Well that's because you are a sociopath...not because you're devotion to Slender Man

How do you know the parents want to sue the school?

How do you know the parents want to sue the school?
I think he thought the parents had said that when it was really a hypothetical from the OP.

One of the attackers was quoted in the story saying that it was weird that I didn't feel remorse. Well that's because you are a sociopath...not because you're devotion to Slender Man
Yep

Why was she talking about you?

Users who are viewing this thread