What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marshawn Lynch -- "I'm here so I won't get fined" (1 Viewer)

proninja said:
Goodell refusing an interview after fining Lynch for not giving interviews is rich
Goodell isn't required to make himself available to the press as part of his job. Lynch is. Lynch gets paid what he does because of the TV deals and the media he has such a problem with. He knew the gig coming in. Don't want to do it then go get a real job where no one gives a rats ### what you have to say.

Also, the commissioner never speaks on the day of the Super Bowl. Making it seem like he "refused" an obligation is unfair.

And I hate the guy, BTW.

proninja said:
proninja said:
Goodell refusing an interview after fining Lynch for not giving interviews is rich
Goodell isn't required to make himself available to the press as part of his job. Lynch is. Lynch gets paid what he does because of the TV deals and the media he has such a problem with. He knew the gig coming in. Don't want to do it then go get a real job where no one gives a rats ### what you have to say.
:cry:
He don't wanna do massa's work, but he don't mind cashing massa's checks.

Keep it real, Ghetto Braveheart.

It must be exhausting for him to act this cool all the time, boss.

Oh, forgot to add boss to the end.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's kind of silly looking, but if he wants to pay the fine, knock yourself out. It's hard to figure out what point he is trying to make.
He's not trying to make a point. He just doesn't like talking to people who are trying to dissect his words. I really don't get it.... There are plenty of personalities in the NFL that will talk to the media until they are blue in the face. Why does it matter that one guy doesn't want to?
I guess it depends on who you're talking to whether it matters or not. It doesn't to me but it still looks odd.
Only thing odd about it is the media still trys to ask him questions. Watched the e60 with him I dont think its social he just doesnt like the media even willing to pay fines to avoid them. If he is willing to pay money to not to the media I can respect it media is not good.
It's odd looking to most, just maybe not you and the other guy in here. Lynch isn't being singled out or having to deal with things that any other playing doesn't have to deal with. But it's his money, he can dodge it all he wants. Doesn't seem to matter to most people anyway.

I don't know how anyone could watch Lynch's pressers from last year with Michael Robinson and conclude that he doesn't genuinely hate to talk to a crowd.
A lot of other athletes and coaches hate dealing with the media too but it's in the job description if you want to play professionally and be paid millions of dollars.
He is speaking with them. You don't like what he has to say when he speaks. That problem is on you... Seems you have your shire panties in a bunch over it. Victory Lynch.
Anyone seen ITS?

Many players dislike being mandated to talk to the press; yet all of them bend over and take it without a complaint. If my employer made me give interviews to the media against my will, I would consider that arrogant and disrespectful. Of course, considering the fact how much my employer paid me, I would still suck it up, but use every opportunity to express my view. That's exactly what Marshawn does - and kudos to him for it.
Do you actually believe this ####?

What a professional.

Marshawn Lynch went through the Seahawks casual walk-through practice Saturday morning in slippers.
Say what you want about the guy interviewing, talking to media schmoes. I guess at least in that regard your opinion has some value.

But how's about we give him benefit of the doubt on how the guy prepares for his job.

What a professional.

Marshawn Lynch went through the Seahawks casual walk-through practice Saturday morning in slippers.
Say what you want about the guy interviewing, talking to media schmoes. I guess at least in that regard your opinion has some value.

But how's about we give him benefit of the doubt on how the guy prepares for his job.
Nothing says preparation like lacing up the ol' slippers the day before the big one.

What a professional.

Say what you want about the guy interviewing, talking to media schmoes. I guess at least in that regard your opinion has some value.But how's about we give him benefit of the doubt on how the guy prepares for his job.
Nothing says preparation like lacing up the ol' slippers the day before the big one.
He rushed for a hundred and TD in game, had best season of his career. Maybe you can waddle up to Seattle next year and give the guys some tips in camp.

What a professional.

I agree, he shows a lack of effort when he runs.

What a professional.

Say what you want about the guy interviewing, talking to media schmoes. I guess at least in that regard your opinion has some value.But how's about we give him benefit of the doubt on how the guy prepares for his job.
He rushed for a hundred and TD in game, had best season of his career. Maybe you can waddle up to Seattle next year and give the guys some tips in camp.
Given Lynch's on field success you have to wonder why Belichick doesn't have his players in slippers and scarfing down skittles before kickoff.

If Belichick had taken over in Seattle when Carrol did i think it's safe to say there would be no Beast Mode in the pacific northwest. More like Bus Mode, as on in bus out of town mode. Go ahead and lock him up long term Seattle, it's your future.

The real Willie would likely be smoking a blunt with Beast Mode to celebrate a new contract.

In flip flops

A lot of teams have their Saturday walk through in a hotel conference room.

I assume that guy is fishing but I guess you never know here.

Rotoworld:

Coach Pete Carroll said the Seahawks have been having contract talks with Marshawn Lynch for a "long time."

"We've been in the midst of negotiations for a long time for the future, so we'll see how that goes," Carroll said. NFL Network reported Sunday that Seattle has made Lynch an offer that would "keep him in a Seahawks uniform for years to come." Preseason talk had 2014 being Lynch's final year in Seattle, but he again proved too vital to the Seahawks' offense. Going on 29, Lynch is currently signed for $5 million next season. It's the final year of his contract.

Source: ESPN 710 Seattle
Feb 3 - 3:04 PM

I really don't see how anything has changed in regards to Lynch. He's old and while he's still got his game, it doesn't last forever. I do think he's got talent enough to play into his 30's. But much like Adrian Peterson, the wheels are going to come off at some point.

I really don't see how anything has changed in regards to Lynch. He's old and while he's still got his game, it doesn't last forever. I do think he's got talent enough to play into his 30's. But much like Adrian Peterson, the wheels are going to come off at some point.
Of course, but he's only 29 and has a couple years left. If the Seahawks can keep him for 2 years and $10M of real money then that's a gamble worth taking.

Of course, but he's only 29 and has a couple years left. If the Seahawks can keep him for 2 years and $10M of real money then that's a gamble worth taking.
Probably. But I'm not sure Lynch is going to settle for that. His contract is 8.5 next season I think. So it could come to a head soon.

Sabertooth said:
cstu said:
Probably. But I'm not sure Lynch is going to settle for that. His contract is 8.5 next season I think. So it could come to a head soon.
Its more like 7M (5M + 2M roster bonus). 1.5M is prorated signing bonus which he has already received. My first thought was why give him an extension when he is under contract for next season and approaching 30... Kudos to the Seahwawks if you take them at face value that they want to reward Lynch for "out-playing" his contract. Refreshing.

Rotoworld:

A source tells PFT that Marshawn Lynch will be getting a raise if he returns to the Seahawks in 2015.

It's become increasingly clear that the Seahakws have no intention of moving on from Lynch, arguably the best running back in the league as he enters his age-29 season. Instead, they'll have to give him more money on top of his $5M base 2015 salary and $2.5M in incentives. Previous reports said Seattle has already made a big extension offer that would "keep him in a Seahawks uniform for years to come."

Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com
Feb 5 - 10:43 AM

If they have already made an offer for 10 mil a year as reported previously why hasn't he signed it by now so they can't back out?

If they have already made an offer for 10 mil a year as reported previously why hasn't he signed it by now so they can't back out?
Because he is as valuable to his team as any other player in the league.

The Seahawks don't have any cap trouble, and will be able to give Marshawn a raise, and some money beyond this year. He is under contract for next year, so it's actually interesting this talk about an extension came up.

I kind of think Lynch's agent may have let Seattle know his guy wants an extension, or he may sit out some games.

RB is a devalued position, for sure. This is different. Lynch is that offense. They need to keep him happy until he falls apart.

The Seattle Seahawks can keep Marshawn Lynch under contract for next season at $5 million with an $8.5 million salary-cap hit. However, it was reported last week that the team is prepared to give him a handsome contract extension to keep them together for the long term.

Of course, that presumes that Lynch wants to continue playing football, which doesn't appear to be a certainty.

"On Thursday," wrote Mike Florio of ProFootballTalk.com, "I posed a simple question to a source with direct knowledge of Lynch’s mindset: What is the percentage chance he plays next season?

“'Not sure yet' was the response."

The mercurial running back may force his way out of Seattle, if he is unhappy there and still wants to play. Or he could retire or re-sign. Really all options appear to be on the table.

One thing is for certain, the Seahawks need him back in 2015:

They want him back. Why would he want to leave? Unless he went to Denver or New England there really isn't a better team in need of his services. He'll be back in SEA for a nice payday and Christine Michael will fade away into oblivion. All this talk of him retiring or leaving is total BS.

“You hear in the media, he always mentions his foundation and what he likes to do for the city of Oakland,” Foote said, via 93.7 The Fan. “I’m from the same type of urban environment that he’s from and the biggest message that he’s giving these kids, he might not want to admit it, is the hell with authority. ‘I don’t care, fine me, I’m gonna grab my crotch, I’m gonna do it my way.’ In the real world, it doesn’t work that way. It just doesn’t. How can you keep a job. I mean, you got these inner city kids, they don’t listen to teachers, they don’t listen to police officers, principals and these guys can’t even keep a job because they say ‘F’ authority.”
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/03/larry-foote-marshawn-lynchs-to-hell-with-authority-approach-sends-bad-message/

The Seattle Seahawks can keep Marshawn Lynch under contract for next season at $5 million with an $8.5 million salary-cap hit. However, it was reported last week that the team is prepared to give him a handsome contract extension to keep them together for the long term.

Of course, that presumes that Lynch wants to continue playing football, which doesn't appear to be a certainty.

"On Thursday," wrote Mike Florio of ProFootballTalk.com, "I posed a simple question to a source with direct knowledge of Lynch’s mindset: What is the percentage chance he plays next season?

The mercurial running back may force his way out of Seattle, if he is unhappy there and still wants to play. Or he could retire or re-sign. Really all options appear to be on the table.

Connecting the dots ....

1. Lynch: "I'm here so I don't get fined" ... possible reason, Lynch is starting to conserve money because hes thinking of retiring.

2. Seattle: offers more money even though they don't have to, to make Lynch think twice about retiring

3. Lynch: still unsure about what he is going to do

4. Seattle: Pending ... Seattle goes all in on a one year offer (most likely) OR gives him the Favre treatment (unlikely)

Connecting the dots ....

1. Lynch: "I'm here so I don't get fined" ... possible reason, Lynch is starting to conserve money because hes thinking of retiring.
another possible reason -- he doesn't want to get fined

spreagle said:
Tool said:
I wouldn't want to own Lynch just based on that photo.
:lol: ok whatever.He said right after the game that we lose as a team or something to that effect. But go ahead and don't have him on your team because of this picture.

About as dumb as the guy earlier #####ing about him wearing sandals at a walk through.

Rotoworld:

GM John Schneider said the Seahawks don't know if Marshawn Lynch wants to play football in 2015.

There have been some retirement whispers around Lynch but that outcome would be a major surprise considering he's 28, playing at an elite level and is in line for a big raise. Schneider admitted Tuesday that if Lynch does want to play next season, it will be at a different salary than the $5M he's scheduled for. It's obvious now that the Seahawks have placed a high priority on Lynch and do not want to move forward with Robert Turbin/Christine Michael next season.

Source: Bob Condotta on Twitter
Feb 10 - 12:53 PM

Rotoworld:

Profootballtalk's Mike Florio has been "hearing consistently" that Marshawn Lynch is unsure if he'll play in 2015.
Seahawks GM John Schneider confirmed Tuesday what the media has been hearing for weeks — that Beast Mode is on the fence about another NFL season. Lynch is clearly uncomfortable in the spotlight, and has taken an absolute beating since being the No. 12 overall pick of the 2007 draft. We just have a really hard time believing he'll be willing to hang it up in the face of an expected raise on his $5 million 2015 salary.

Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com
Feb 10 - 7:41 PM

Users who are viewing this thread