What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best FF Draft Position For Redraft League This Year? (1 Viewer)

Benchwarmers

Footballguy
What is the best spot to draft from this year? And why?

League:

Redraft league

12 team

non-ppr

18 roster spots

Start

1 QB

2 RB

3 WR

1 TE

1 PK

1 DEF

If you need any more info just post.

Thanks in advance.

This year more than any other I want the bottom half of the draft. Gimme spots 10-12 all day, err day

Get those 2 beast mode WRs, or potentially Graham and a sick WR.

Ya buddy.

So you want us to give you a draft spot that is specific to your league and scoring that best helps your team in which you gave us your roster requirements and scoring and even asks for us to contact you if we need more info on your league, how is this not set up like an AC question?

Yes if you read the title it seems generic, but after you read his question it seems very obvious he is asking for help with his team.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want the lowest pick that allows me to draft Calvin Johnson. (edit, by lowest I mean latest/last)

Or #1. Then you get your pick of everybody, and you get to go twice in a row, which can make decisions easier.

What I absolutely hate is second or second to last, because you have to wait soooo long between your pair of picks, and you still have somebody going in between your picks that can snipe the guy you wanted.

I also agree with the guy above who likes a late pick because you can get two elite WR's or an elite WR and Graham. I did a random public Yahoo draft yesterday just because, and got the 9th pick out of 10. I opened with Demaryius Thomas and Dez Bryant, and am happy with that.

So you want us to give you a draft spot that is specific to your league and scoring that best helps your team in which you gave us your roster requirements and scoring and even asks for us to contact you if we need more info on your league, how is this not set up like an AC question?

Yes if you read the title it seems generic, but after you read his question it seems very obvious he is asking for help with his team.
Which spot in a re-draft is the best strategically seems to me like a completely legit question of broad interest. There is at least 1 thread on this every year. The OP says that if you want to discuss the specifics of his league and situation, he will be more specific. I appreciate that over telling us more about his league rules in the OP. Isn't the concept here that nearly every thread is an attempt to get information that helps the OP's and other participants' fantasy prospects?

I don't understand why people think they have to be the forum police? My feeling is that if you don't like a topic, simply don't read it.

On topic, my rule of thumb is to wait until I can confidently set tiers, count the true first tier RBs, the WRs I would consider equally elite picks by league scoring standards and add Graham, count those guys and favor that spot, followed by those immediately before it.

:goodposting:

Which spot in a re-draft is the best strategically seems to me like a completely legit question of broad interest. There is at least 1 thread on this every year. The OP says that if you want to discuss the specifics of his league and situation, he will be more specific. I appreciate that over telling us more about his league rules in the OP. Isn't the concept here that nearly every thread is an attempt to get information that helps the OP's and other participants' fantasy prospects?

I don't understand why people think they have to be the forum police? My feeling is that if you don't like a topic, simply don't read it.

On topic, my rule of thumb is to wait until I can confidently set tiers, count the true first tier RBs, the WRs I would consider equally elite picks by league scoring standards and add Graham, count those guys and favor that spot, followed by those immediately before it.
Because people don't like bait and switch titles for AC questions.

It is 100% a legit topic, and there is one every year.

A common response could be, 'well, depends on league size'. So filling in that info in advance seems OK as well. This isn't a very league-specific question, this is a pretty general topic.

I often wonder why people reply and engage with posters that have demonstrated again and again that they are miserable, condescending, argumentative DBags every time they show up. :P

It is 100% a legit topic, and there is one every year.

A common response could be, 'well, depends on league size'. So filling in that info in advance seems OK as well. This isn't a very league-specific question, this is a pretty general topic.

I often wonder why people reply and engage with posters that have demonstrated again and again that they are miserable, condescending, argumentative DBags every time they show up. :P
You seem to comment often. :shrug: How is it not a league specific question, did you read his original post or just respond without reading?

...and someone also mentioned people, like myself, don't like the bait and switch titles. Some of us can see that though, others cant.

What if I think its pick 10 in a ten team league, this thread specifically says 12 team PPR with roster requirements, but you are right, not to specific.

Why is it people always want to disagree with someone just because of their user name, it doesnt have to do with your anger and how I own you in our league Matt or that my photo icon is a of you from your facebook page?

Preferred draft position is a topic people want to discuss.

12 team PPR is a pretty common format.

Yeah, he's asking about his league. But discussion of draft position in 12 team PPR leagues is a pretty broad subject. I have a shocking secret to let you in on, when people start threads in the Shark Pool, there's a pretty good chance they have a league in mind.

Either way, I apologize for engaging you twice in a few days. Not to you, I apologize to the Shark Pool. I know better.

Users who are viewing this thread