What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2014 Interboard Challenge League (1 Viewer)

just curious....I have pretty much limited myself to FBG since coming across this site and the faxed cheatsheets back in about 2003ish......I haven't really shopped around elsewhere.......and I think it is fairly safe to assume that FBG is considered one of of, if not the best, fantasy football sites out there....(somebody please correct me if that is incorrect)......but what is the rub/history of these other clowns we smoked this year.....do any of those sites have really good reputations.....are any of them cocky #######s.....guess I'm trying to get an idea of what working these fools really means in the grand scheme of things....I know we may not be playing against the staff members on those boards and they are probably just a group of rag tags like us, but just wondering whats up, cause it is actually pretty cool kicking their arses and I think it would be cool to deliver a beatdown on them every year like there was nothing to it for us....I think we have the talent in here to do so.....I guess for the most part everybody in there seems pretty cool and I may actually be considered the biggest doosh since I have asked questions about things etc., and Bass has chimed in a few times under my name....but I take some pride in being part of the team representing FBG, and I am just wondering if beating those other sites is really that big of a deal, or something we should be doing since we are on what is considered the lead dog site anyway....

just curious....I have pretty much limited myself to FBG since coming across this site and the faxed cheatsheets back in about 2003ish......I haven't really shopped around elsewhere.......and I think it is fairly safe to assume that FBG is considered one of of, if not the best, fantasy football sites out there....(somebody please correct me if that is incorrect)......but what is the rub/history of these other clowns we smoked this year.....do any of those sites have really good reputations.....are any of them cocky #######s.....guess I'm trying to get an idea of what working these fools really means in the grand scheme of things....I know we may not be playing against the staff members on those boards and they are probably just a group of rag tags like us, but just wondering whats up, cause it is actually pretty cool kicking their arses and I think it would be cool to deliver a beatdown on them every year like there was nothing to it for us....I think we have the talent in here to do so.....I guess for the most part everybody in there seems pretty cool and I may actually be considered the biggest doosh since I have asked questions about things etc., and Bass has chimed in a few times under my name....but I take some pride in being part of the team representing FBG, and I am just wondering if beating those other sites is really that big of a deal, or something we should be doing since we are on what is considered the lead dog site anyway....
First of all both you and I have won overall individual titles in that league and have been in the champions division virtually every year. That probably says something about the competition :wink:

A lot of the other guys we are competing against frequent these boards. The fact that they use the Dodds calculator as the trade standard demonstrates that FBG is the gold standard in FF information. The drafts closely follow the expert rankings here. Quite honestly where we make hay is when several of this group of twelve gets on board with several undervalued sleepers and they work out. Sanders, Bennett, Forsett are examples from this year.

First of all both you and I have won overall individual titles in that league and have been in the champions division virtually every year. That probably says something about the competition :wink:

A lot of the other guys we are competing against frequent these boards. The fact that they use the Dodds calculator as the trade standard demonstrates that FBG is the gold standard in FF information. The drafts closely follow the expert rankings here. Quite honestly where we make hay is when several of this group of twelve gets on board with several undervalued sleepers and they work out. Sanders, Bennett, Forsett are examples from this year.
Well said. A couple of those boards are relatively significant (Livewire and Huddle), and a couple can barely field a 12 man team. There's plenty of talent in those boards though and this league isn't so easy to win. IN fact, I'm not sure that FBGs has taken the title before. That said, FBG's has not been smoked before either in the 54 or 5 seasons I've been involved. We seem to always be competitive and have in recent years had a tendency to finish 3rd or so.

This was a terrific performance this year- a 100 point lead is a huge margin. Congrats guys!

renesauz said:

Well said. A couple of those boards are relatively significant (Livewire and Huddle), and a couple can barely field a 12 man team. There's plenty of talent in those boards though and this league isn't so easy to win. IN fact, I'm not sure that FBGs has taken the title before. That said, FBG's has not been smoked before either in the 54 or 5 seasons I've been involved. We seem to always be competitive and have in recent years had a tendency to finish 3rd or so.

This was a terrific performance this year- a 100 point lead is a huge margin. Congrats guys!
According to those that keep it together, it might be record-setting if we can keep it at 90+. :D

Any thoughts on Beasley, Welker, Nicks, Bailey, Hogan, Baldwin? Need two. Ref is mia and I suck at WDIS stuff.

Good thing we had this locked up because several guys started inactive players. Actually pretty embarrassing if it impacts any of the title chases.

5-0 for Stinkin Ref.

Ruds should sweep and has a shot at a the overall title. Things would be looking better for him if someone hadn't started Cutler. Really would suck that the overall title hinged on that.

eta - Well can't really throw stones as Valence started Cutlet too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I apologize for starting Rudolph. I was unable to get enough of a connection to change my lineup on my phone.

sorry for starting Edelman. had him in a few lineups of mine this week and was not able to make any changes Sunday morning.

2 guaranteed with CJ+Sanders/Welker needing 7, 17, 26 for the other 3. So should be 4-5 this week. Sorry i couldn't provide a better showing but glad my switch of Julio/Marshall with Sweet Love helped out the team.

Ref - 5 x 3 = 15

Ruds - 4 x 3 = 12

Sweet Love - 2 x 3 = 6

Valence - 3 x 3 = 9

Gringo - 4 x 3 = 12

Rene - 5 x 3 = 15

btsw - 3 x 2 = 6

Sinrman - 5 x 2 = 10

bro1ncos - 2 x 2 = 4

old mil - 1 x 1 = 1

clash - 5 x 1 = 5

duckboy - 5 x 1 = 5

44 and 16 on the week. 100 pts in a short schedule week. Big old exclamation point on the team championship!!!

Dominant week to finish with! Should have easily extended the lead, perhaps by a lot. Easily a new record.

Dominant week to finish with! Should have easily extended the lead, perhaps by a lot. Easily a new record.
144 pts

Speaking of dominant week, 44 wins this week equates to 62 in a regular season week and I didn't back out or matches v. ourselves. If we had full lineups we probably would have had the best post season record.

Sorry I have been out of the loop guys...nice win...In regards to the other boards, I take what BnB has to say as a really good observation. We have "our" sleepers, and really nailed them this year. I am sure there are a couple of players represented heavily on the rosters of specific boards (like us with Sanders). This is my third year on the team, and I will say our teamwork was better than in years past (not that it was horrible before) and likely impacted (in a positive way) our results.

Ruds - Any way we can get a private/hidden forum for this league next year? It kinda sucks doing draft or waiver wire analysis and then posting it here for the competition to see.

Users who are viewing this thread