What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Skateboarding and/or Longboarding - anyone? (1 Viewer)

Maelstrom

Footballguy
Been thinking about getting back into skateboarding in the form of longboarding, and was looking to see if there was a thread here, and didn't find anything listed under skateboarding or longboarding.

So, anyone do either? Feel free to use this thread for discussions around either, or to post videos, questions, etc.

Any tips for getting back into it, seems like longboarding is probably a better bet in terms of risk of injury, assuming we're not talking about bombing hills at insane speeds. I haven't skated much in about 10 years, but I don't think it'll be that hard to pick it back up, at least the basics.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one;, http://www.soulboards.com/product_detail.php?id=SBPINTF001

Sorry should state that equipment has really improved over the last 10 years, my board has Swiss ceramic bearings and my board has a really good glide to it. I live in an area where the streets have a nice gentle slope down to my house and I can ride for well over a mile with only a couple of pumps/pushes at the beginning of the ride on the board. I have been riding for over 40 years and enjoy just cruising through the neighborhood, wouldn't hill bomb on it because the speed you get is a little more than this old man is up for but I have yet to experience any wobble on the board from speed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread