What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (16 Viewers)

His agent says they're already in talks with Besiktas to sign Boyd.   Not sure what I'd prefer.  He'd get tougher competition in Europe, but more guaranteed minutes in Miami.
I am not convinced Turkey from top to bottom is that much better than MLS from top to bottom.  Turkey has traditionally been extremely top heavy where all the best players play on the top 3 or 4 teams leaving the rest of the league struggling, which as we know is not how MLS operates.

Getting a few games in Champions League would be great if they could make the group stage but I don't think he will see a ton of competition when playing the lower half of the league.

The real competition (which is what you might be referring to) is getting minutes on a team like Besiktas which will have more depth in quality than any MLS team.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think our team has had enough time together to make wholesale changes.  I think Berhalter should still start what he basically considers his best 11 in the squad in order to build momentum.  We looked much better against T&T than against Guyana and starting to get familiar with each other and the system has to have been part of that.  Maybe give Jozy the start to try and get him ready for later in the tourney.

I am not convinced Turkey from top to bottom is that much better than MLS from top to bottom.  Turkey has traditionally been extremely top heavy where all the best players play on the top 3 or 4 teams leaving the rest of the league struggling, which as we know is not how MLS operates.

Getting a few games in Champions League would be great if they could make the group stage but I don't think he will see a ton of competition when playing the lower half of the league.

The real competition (which is what you might be referring to) is getting minutes on a team like Besiktas which will have more depth in quality than any MLS team.
That's really what I meant.  I don't think Turkey is that much better overall than MLS either, but he'd have to push himself to start for Besiktas, where he'd be penciled in at Miami.  I like having guys getting game minutes, but sometimes pushing to become "good enough" to start is huge too.   Plus, if he can make regular minutes at Besiktas, the CL games would be huge learning experiences.  I like seeing US players facing the toughest competition.  Either temper that steel or break it IMO.

The gap in quality between Pulisic-Swag and Roldan-Milhalovic is huge....

Jozy might be the only upgrade in the 11 changes.   Miazga is probably a push.  The other 9 are probably down grades.

The gap in quality between Pulisic-Swag and Roldan-Milhalovic is huge....

Jozy might be the only upgrade in the 11 changes.   Miazga is probably a push.  The other 9 are probably down grades.
plus it's a lot of little guys- panama usually pretty big/physical... we'll see what happens.

happy to see jozy get a run, but won't learn a thing combining with these guys.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
I have listened and read numerous interviews with Berhalter these last few months.  

While I spent much of JK's era concerned that he was under thinking everything, I am having the opposite concern with Berhalter, who I wonder if he over thinks everything.  The level of detail he uses in preparation seems more akin to an NFL head coach than a soccer head coach. 

I hope gjordjbie can hold up with what I'm expecting to be a physical game.  I don't expect trapp to. at least we have the power-monster, roldan in there to push people around.

Bradley, Pulisic and Boyd have played, I believe the least minutes, of the normal starting field players on the bench tonight due to subs in the first two games.  I wonder, based on situation of course, if those 3 are going to be the likely subs tonight...

Users who are viewing this thread