What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (8 Viewers)

Who do you sub in?  I get it, but no good answers there. 
Roldan

Boyd for Morris.

Imo.

Don't know that it's a big improvement, but Caillou has looked done the second half. Not sure where he found the energy for that overlap and cross

3 ####### minutes?! Wtf

Well ####.

When I think of the Mex players NOT here, vs the US players not here... It's a huge gap.

Zardoz, lovitz, roldan ..that's the best the us could offer to affect change? Big gap.

The Pizzaro switch changed the whole game.  Bradley and Ream had trouble with him that Miazga and Cannon did not.

The result was probably fair given that Mexico dominated for a 20 minute stretch in that second half.

That being said, it is a shame the US could not poke 1 of about 7 very good chances in the net.

Lots to build on and lots to improve on.

The biggest boost should be the integration of Adams into the midfield this fall and getting Holmes back into the mix who I think is a nice upgrade over Roldan.

That was essentially the US A team minus two key players. Losing to the Mexico b/c team, missing basically a full team of stars.
That doesn't mean the US was supposed to win, just that the gap is larger than we hoped.

A lot of positives tonight though. 

was optimistic during the first half - Mex came on strong to finish - still learning a lot about the men's side, need to watch a bit more high end matches such as this - enjoyed following the match up in here, great insight, fellas  :thumbup:

been 12 hours since i started watching footy today  :shock:  think i'm growing to love this game. 

g'night all

Bradley was basically out on his feet for the last half hour. And its not like he was fast before that.

He's a bald Beckerman at this point.

Not entirely his fault, but Mexico dominated the center of the park in the 2nd half.

The Pizzaro switch changed the whole game.  Bradley and Ream had trouble with him that Miazga and Cannon did not.

The result was probably fair given that Mexico dominated for a 20 minute stretch in that second half.

That being said, it is a shame the US could not poke 1 of about 7 very good chances in the net.

Lots to build on and lots to improve on.

The biggest boost should be the integration of Adams into the midfield this fall and getting Holmes back into the mix who I think is a nice upgrade over Roldan.
I still don't see Adams and Brooks helping the US get past the missing Mex starters.

CP though...clearly on another level.

That was essentially the US A team minus two key players. Losing to the Mexico b/c team, missing basically a full team of stars.
Brooks, Adams, Yedlin and Holmes would all be important parts of the team.  Many of the Mexican players who were missing, are on the wrong side of 30 and will be shortly removed from the program.

I don't know if Vela is ever going to play for Mexico again so I am not even sure he needs to be in the picture any more.  In terms of young players who will effect this cycle, the teams were missing relatively the same amount (Mexico maybe 1 or 2 more).

Bradley was basically out on his feet for the last half hour. And its not like he was fast before that.

He's a bald Beckerman at this point.

Not entirely his fault, but Mexico dominated the center of the park in the 2nd half.
lets hope Adams turns out to be as good as he looked in Germany this past season.

He can be an enormous upgrade over the current form of Bradley if his play translates to the international level.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread