What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (14 Viewers)

I mean, by signing the contract with Dallas, there is nothing prohibiting Dallas from putting a much higher than 3-5m valuation on him right? I mean, didn't NY place an absurdly high tag on Long in part because of the monies that have to be given to MLS?   I could be remembering all of that wrong, but I thought that contracts with MLS teams limit transfer options for players  (moreso than other leagues) by default.

But, all of that could be moot if Dallas would set a reasonable price and lets a player move on (assuming that player wants to move on).  

Pynadath is catching some eyes.

In a matter of a single month he played for the Ajax U19 team, and then was promoted to the Jong Ajax team where he has been getting decent minutes, and then today made his first team debut for Ajax(the main team) in a friendly.

I mean, by signing the contract with Dallas, there is nothing prohibiting Dallas from putting a much higher than 3-5m valuation on him right? I mean, didn't NY place an absurdly high tag on Long in part because of the monies that have to be given to MLS?   I could be remembering all of that wrong, but I thought that contracts with MLS teams limit transfer options for players  (moreso than other leagues) by default.

But, all of that could be moot if Dallas would set a reasonable price and lets a player move on (assuming that player wants to move on).  
Paxton is a home grown player.  In MLS that means the local teams keep all of the transfer fee I believe.  Long was not considered a home grown player under the MLS rules and as such a portion of his transfer fee goes to the league.

I have no idea though what price Dallas will place on him though.  He is not really ready for a jump to a major league/team yet, so one or two more years of good MLS play should make him ready by the time he is 21, which is a great time to move.

for those that did not read the interview with Kreis I posted yesterday, there was one very interesting nugget.

He said that they have not yet decided whether they will go all in for the Olympics (meaning Pulisic, Weston, Adams etc may play in either qualifying and/or the Olympics themselves)

Last edited by a moderator:
Pynadath is catching some eyes.

In a matter of a single month he played for the Ajax U19 team, and then was promoted to the Jong Ajax team where he has been getting decent minutes, and then today made his first team debut for Ajax(the main team) in a friendly.
I have not seen him play enough to know the rest of his game but he is an extraordinary dribbler for an American.   The quickness, touch and flexibility might be at Pulisic's level soon.

https://twitter.com/FutureUsmnt/status/1182010541243539456?s=20

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
That link I posted a little while back is worth the watch to see some of his skills- has some skill drill at home he times himself on, always trying to go faster...also a hoops guy.
right, that is a great video.

The exciting part is that he is starting to do this to pro's now, not just youth players who may never pan out.

Nico Cantor Twitter: https://twitter.com/Nicocantor1/status/1182151324974161921?s=20

Session with Berhalter: 

On who could succeed Bradley at the 6: "You look at a guy like Trapp who has the passing range or Yueill who’s young and played well vs Uruguay. Look at Tyler Adams: Can he interpret it in a different way and still be effective? Haven’t had him in camp long enough to see that.”

At least he think Adams could play the 6 instead of his gimmicky RB role.  But Trapp.  Really?  wth.

Nico Cantor Twitter: https://twitter.com/Nicocantor1/status/1182151324974161921?s=20

Session with Berhalter: 

On who could succeed Bradley at the 6: "You look at a guy like Trapp who has the passing range or Yueill who’s young and played well vs Uruguay. Look at Tyler Adams: Can he interpret it in a different way and still be effective? Haven’t had him in camp long enough to see that.”

At least he think Adams could play the 6 instead of his gimmicky RB role.  But Trapp.  Really?  wth.
I cringed a little at that statement and not because of Trapp (which is painful enough). 

It is more I am disappointed that Berhalter has not seen enough of Adams in league play to automatically realize how good he is at the 6.  There should not be any questions (assuming he returns to full health).

U17 WC roster has been released.  On paper this might be the best US U17 team since 1999 (Beckerman, Gooch, DMB, Convey and Donovan).

GOALKEEPERS (3): 21-Aaron Cervantes (Orange County SC; Chino Hills, Calif.; 4/0), 1-Damian Las (Fulham/ENG; Norridge, Ill.; 19/0), 12-Chituru Odunze (Leicester City/ENG; London, England; 7/0)

DEFENDERS (7): 15-Sebastian Anderson (Colorado Rapids; Highlands Ranch, Colo.; 4/0), 13-Adam Armour (North Carolina FC; Cary, N.C.; 18/0), 3-George Bello (Atlanta United FC; Douglasville, Ga.; 8/1), 4-Nicolas Carrera (FC Dallas; Frisco, Texas; 3/0), 14-Tayvon Gray (New York City FC; Bronx, N.Y.; 17/0), 5-Kobe Hernandez-Foster (LA Galaxy; Los Angeles, Calif.; 23/3), 2-Joe Scally (New York City FC; Lake Grove, N.Y.; 19/1)

MIDFIELDERS (5): 18-Maximilian Dietz (Freiburg/GER; Frankfurt, Germany; 2/0), 17-Ethan Dobbelaere (Seattle Sounders FC; Seattle, Wash.; 3/0), 8-Bryang Kayo (Orange County SC; Poolesville, Md.; 8/1), 6-Daniel Leyva (Seattle Sounders FC; Las Vegas, Nev.; 7/0), 16-Adam Saldana (LA Galaxy; Panorama City, Calif.; 25/2)

FORWARDS (6): 7-Gianluca Busio (Sporting Kansas City; Greensboro, N.C.; 15/7), 20-Andres Jasson (New York City FC; Greenwich, Conn.; 11/1), 19-Alfonso Ocampo-Chavez (Seattle Sounders FC; Merced, Calif.; 24/9), 9-Ricardo Pepi (FC Dallas; McKinney, Texas; 15/5), 10-Gio Reyna (Borussia Dortmund/GER; Bedford, N.Y.; 15/8), 11-Griffin Yow (D.C. United; Clifton, Va.; 12/7)

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
Odunze is the mountain-sized kid, right?

Bello, Leyva, Saldana, Pepi, Gio, Yow, and a couple others I recognize as top notch.

Hard to argue its the strongest group of attacking players ever for the US. The rest ain't too shabby either.

Odunze is the mountain-sized kid, right?

Bello, Leyva, Saldana, Pepi, Gio, Yow, and a couple others I recognize as top notch.

Hard to argue its the strongest group of attacking players ever for the US. The rest ain't too shabby either.
Yes to the mountain.

Busio is another player for the top notch list.  He might have the second most first division minutes on the team.  I think Leyva might have the most but don't quote me.

Bello being back and healthy is a large boost for the team.  He is playing a lot and well for Atlanta 2 in the USL.

The one concern I have read is a lack of natural CB's in the squad.

Yes to the mountain.

Busio is another player for the top notch list.  He might have the second most first division minutes on the team.  I think Leyva might have the most but don't quote me.

Bello being back and healthy is a large boost for the team.  He is playing a lot and well for Atlanta 2 in the USL.

The one concern I have read is a lack of natural CB's in the squad.
Ah- thought I typed Busio. I wondered about the centre-backs because I don't recognize any of them. But I hope that doesn't mean there is not any quality there.

U17 WC roster has been released.  On paper this might be the best US U17 team since 1999 (Beckerman, Gooch, DMB, Convey and Donovan).

GOALKEEPERS (3): 21-Aaron Cervantes (Orange County SC; Chino Hills, Calif.; 4/0), 1-Damian Las (Fulham/ENG; Norridge, Ill.; 19/0), 12-Chituru Odunze (Leicester City/ENG; London, England; 7/0)

DEFENDERS (7): 15-Sebastian Anderson (Colorado Rapids; Highlands Ranch, Colo.; 4/0), 13-Adam Armour (North Carolina FC; Cary, N.C.; 18/0), 3-George Bello (Atlanta United FC; Douglasville, Ga.; 8/1), 4-Nicolas Carrera (FC Dallas; Frisco, Texas; 3/0), 14-Tayvon Gray (New York City FC; Bronx, N.Y.; 17/0), 5-Kobe Hernandez-Foster (LA Galaxy; Los Angeles, Calif.; 23/3), 2-Joe Scally (New York City FC; Lake Grove, N.Y.; 19/1)

MIDFIELDERS (5): 18-Maximilian Dietz (Freiburg/GER; Frankfurt, Germany; 2/0), 17-Ethan Dobbelaere (Seattle Sounders FC; Seattle, Wash.; 3/0), 8-Bryang Kayo (Orange County SC; Poolesville, Md.; 8/1), 6-Daniel Leyva (Seattle Sounders FC; Las Vegas, Nev.; 7/0), 16-Adam Saldana (LA Galaxy; Panorama City, Calif.; 25/2)

FORWARDS (6): 7-Gianluca Busio (Sporting Kansas City; Greensboro, N.C.; 15/7), 20-Andres Jasson (New York City FC; Greenwich, Conn.; 11/1), 19-Alfonso Ocampo-Chavez (Seattle Sounders FC; Merced, Calif.; 24/9), 9-Ricardo Pepi (FC Dallas; McKinney, Texas; 15/5), 10-Gio Reyna (Borussia Dortmund/GER; Bedford, N.Y.; 15/8), 11-Griffin Yow (D.C. United; Clifton, Va.; 12/7)
So no Joshua Pynadath, despite him breaking into Jong Ajax and yet I don't know if I'd call it a snub.  That's one hell of a group of forwards.  It might be the best U17 group of forwards we've ever seen.

hopefully I'll get a chance to watch a couple of games. Really excited to see Reyna. If he dominates, his stock could really skyrocket.

So no Joshua Pynadath, despite him breaking into Jong Ajax and yet I don't know if I'd call it a snub.  That's one hell of a group of forwards.  It might be the best U17 group of forwards we've ever seen.
for some reason, Pynadath seems to be off the radar for this group.  I don't think he has ever been called up.

Hopefully that will change for the next U20 cycle.

for some reason, Pynadath seems to be off the radar for this group.  I don't think he has ever been called up.

Hopefully that will change for the next U20 cycle.
Who do you take off that list of attackers to replace with Pynadath though?  They've all been great in their chances with the US youth.  

Who do you take off that list of attackers to replace with Pynadath though?  They've all been great in their chances with the US youth.  
the forwards are dynamite on the list.  The only player I am unfamiliar with is Andres Jasson.  I don't think I have ever seen him play.  Do you have any information on him?

The like for like is Pynadath for Yow but Yow has performed very well for the coach so I can see him not wanting to make a change this late in the game.

hopefully I'll get a chance to watch a couple of games. Really excited to see Reyna. If he dominates, his stock could really skyrocket.
In reading various articles from around the globe, Reyna's name keeps popping up as one of the handful to watch in the entire WC for all teams.

Spain has not yet released their roster from what I can tell but FIFA just ruled today that Ansu Fati (the 16 year old who has received playing time from Barcelona this year) is allowed to represent Spain.  It will be interesting to see if he goes to the U17 WC or not.

the forwards are dynamite on the list.  The only player I am unfamiliar with is Andres Jasson.  I don't think I have ever seen him play.  Do you have any information on him?

The like for like is Pynadath for Yow but Yow has performed very well for the coach so I can see him not wanting to make a change this late in the game.
Not much info no.  I've only ever seen highlights of Jasson.  According to his stats though, he's been very good for NYCFC's youth team though and he's been a regular fixture on the U17 team recently.  I do know he's an attacking midfielder though, rather than a winger.... so not really a comp for Pynadath IMO.

Berhalter said that Sargent will start tomorrow night.

Also sounds like Steffen has not trained yet but Berhalter says he is "fine", what ever that means.

Last edited by a moderator:
The US has played Cuba 12 times over the years.  Their record is 10 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss.  The loss and the draw were the first two games they played back in the late 40's.  The last time the US played Cuba they won 2-0 back in 2016.

The US has played Canada 37 times over the years.  Their record is 16 wins, 10 draws and 9 losses.   The US has not lost to Canada since 1985 but there have been a bunch of draws recently.  In fact in the last 6 times they have played, 3 games were draws, all 3 ending 0-0.

https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2019/10/nations-league-2019-usmnt-vs-cuba-preview-lineup-schedule-tv-channels

Tonight’s USMNT Starting XI vs. Cuba: 1-Brad Guzan, 3-Matt Miazga, 5-Daniel Lovitz, 8-Weston McKennie, 10-Christian Pulisic (capt.), 11-Jordan Morris, 13-Tim Ream, 14-Jackson Yueill, 15-Cristian Roldan, 19-Josh Sargent, 20-Reggie Cannon

Substitutes: 12-Sean Johnson, 22-Zack Steffen, 2-DeAndre Yedlin, 4-Michael Bradley, 6-Miles Robinson, 7-Paul Arriola, 9-Gyasi Zardes, 16-Nick Lima, 17-Sebastian Lletget, 18-Corey Baird, 21-Tyler Boyd, 23-Aaron Long

Starting XI Cap Numbers (including this match): Brad Guzan (62), Tim Ream (37), Jordan Morris (36), Christian Pulisic (33), Matt Miazga (18), Cristian Roldan (17), Weston McKennie (16), Daniel Lovitz (11), Josh Sargent (10), Reggie Cannon (9), Jackson Yueill (4).

Tonight’s Starting XI has an average age of 24 years, 350 days and 23 caps. 

USMNT head coach Gregg Berhalter utilizes six players that started the 1-1 draw against Uruguay on Sept. 10, 2019 in St. Louis: Guzan, Cannon, Ream, Yueill, Roldan, Morris and Sargent. 

Christian Pulisic captains the side for the third time tonight. The 21-year-old last wore the armband in the 1-0 win Gold Cup quarterfinal win against Curaçao on June 30 in Philadelphia. 

Earning his 10th cap tonight, Josh Sargent (19 years, 233 days) becomes the sixth fastest and ninth USMNT player all-time to hit double-digital caps while still a teenager. The others: Christian Pulisic (18 years, 54 days), Juan Agudelo (18 years, 152 days), Jovan Kirovski (19 years, 126 days), Freddy Adu (19 years, 131 days), Jozy Altidore (19 years, 209 days), Landon Donovan (19 years, 321 days), Michael Bradley (19 years, 325 days), DaMarcus Beasley (19 years, 353 days). 

Six players make their first competitive, non-confederation championship appearance tonight: Cannon, Lovitz, McKennie, Roldan, Sargent and Yueill. 

Tonight’s match marks the first time that Matt Miazga and Tim Ream will pair in central defense. 

Veteran goalkeeper Brad Guzan earns his 31stcompetitive appearance in his 62nd cap. 

Left back Daniel Lovitz also gains his first start since the 1-0 defeat of Panama on June 26 in the Gold Cup group stage. 

Making his ninth appearance, Reggie Cannon earns his fifth-straight start at right back tonight. 

Five players in the starting XI are age-eligible for the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo: Cannon, McKennie, Pulisic, Sargent and Yueill

With teams limited to dressing 23 players, midfielders Brenden Aaronson and Wil Trapp are healthy scratches from tonight’s lineup. Teams are allowed three substitutions. 

The USMNT owns a healthy 10-1-1 advantage against Cuba. Its current 10-game, 70-year winning streak against Los Leones del Caribe is the team’s longest against any international opponent all-time.

Can I get odds on a massive butt-kicking tonight that makes us all feel kind of good for a few days followed by a 2-1 loss in Toronto on Tuesday on a late defensive breakdown? 

Users who are viewing this thread