Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Premier

US Men's National Team

I’m tempted to actually watch the baseball. Not joking. I’m already on the couch in my soft clothes, not going anywhere.

So what changes do you make to make this better? 

I honestly don't know.

And there's CP dribbling away from his teammates into two and three defenders. Again.

He's been not great. But wtf.

Plus...the optics across the pond of him getting yanked again. Not good at all.

We've had 3 chances on goal... Pulisic has been involved in all of them.  Has he had a great game?  Obviously not, but WTF.

• Thanks 1

Seriously. For ####### sake.

Credit to Canada.

Ggggg seriously think nips is going to improve the us over CP.

And let's be honest...this really should be 2 or 3.

9 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

So what changes do you make to make this better? 

I honestly don't know..

Seriously....  I don't think I've ever been this pissed at a US coach and I watched us try a new formation against Mexico with no previous practice of it.  Roldan hasn't completed even 50% of his passes, yet you pull your best attacker instead of trying a different approach to get him into the game?  WTF.  If Berhalter is still our coach come qualifying, we're not going to Qatar.

• Like 1

Berhalter is in so over his head it’s not even funny.  If he isn’t replaced after this performance something is wrong.

• Like 1

Sadly, zardoz won't provide much worse first touch than anybody else tonight.

1 hour ago, encaitar said:

Is there a reason that they've got the camera 3 miles away?

Yes. It’s a good one

Look..the Canadians are winning and kicking the US players around.

Time for somebody anybody to get stuck in here and do something.

I swear to god it’s like we’ve never seen a high press.

9 minutes ago, encaitar said:

Seriously....  I don't think I've ever been this pissed at a US coach and I watched us try a new formation against Mexico with no previous practice of it.  Roldan hasn't completed even 50% of his passes, yet you pull your best attacker instead of trying a different approach to get him into the game?  WTF.  If Berhalter is still our coach come qualifying, we're not going to Qatar.

Klinsman available?

1 minute ago, Sammy3469 said:

I swear to god it’s like we’ve never seen a high press.

And they're not really even pressing.

The US players haven't done gggg any favors tonight, regardless of how useless  the formation has been tactically. First touch has been an absolute mess.

Considering some of the tackles in the first half...thats a yellow?

This is like the first game in Hoosiers where Hackman makes them pass 5 times before shooting. 

Except in this case it's 10 passes and we never shoot and we're losing to Canada

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

And they're not really even pressing.

The US players haven't done gggg any favors tonight, regardless of how useless  the formation has been tactically. First touch has been an absolute mess.

Well he does them zero favors rolling out the same tactics over and over again and putting Swag too far up the field for Roldan.

Just a disaster.  If we were any other top 30ish side, GB would be fired after this match.

1 hour ago, El Floppo said:
1 hour ago, El Floppo said:

Canadian #8 wide open all half with all the time he wants to pick out Davies or David.

This guy is destroying Caillou... To space, the ball, the pass... everything.

It's time. I love him, but it's time.

This guy has singlehandedly owned Caillou AND roldan and dictated the game.

GGG has to be on super thin ice here.  No one wants a repeat of last cycle when we started the Hex clearly in a bad state.

His talent evaluation (Holmes missing is indefensible in my opinion) and his tactics are not working.  If he has now lost faith in the teams best player, the ice is likely cracking.

My cynical side makes think they are trying to get ggg fired or the game is fixed 

realistic side says they are just this bad 

1 minute ago, berndog said:

My cynical side makes think they are trying to get ggg fired or the game is fixed 

The us was terrible on the night.

But credit to Canada...where the us was sloppy every time with the ball and spacing, the Canadians were tidy and disciplinesd.

On 10/2/2019 at 9:26 PM, NewlyRetired said:

you have to admit, there has not been a lot to celebrate.

*Out of our 3 best players, 2 are hurt and 1 has been marginalized at his club.

*We have a coach who appears to insist on calling players we know plenty about that are not good enough, while leaving other prospects (ones that have prettier girls looking at them) out.

*Then we have our fearless federation which appears to be trying to break a record to find out how many different entities they can be sued by.

*And then just this week, we have a beloved former US International and US youth coach defect to Mexico to help poach US players.

Dark days indeed.  I thought the low point was wet and bumpy but it just won't quit.

:goodposting::goodposting::goodposting:

• Like 1

I’m tapping out until we get a new coach, that was ridiculous. 

2 minutes ago, berndog said:

I’ve thought he’s lost the team for a couple of games now...

And if things were not bad enough, now Dest has to be thinking that maybe he does have a better shot of going to the WC with Holland rather than the US

There better be a question about the USMNT at tonight's Democratic debate.

• Like 1

Ggggg should be fired for benching CP.

And for continuing to rolling out that tired 4-5-1 that never works unless it's against crap teams. Doesn't matter which forward is up there...no service.

1 minute ago, El Floppo said:

And for continuing to rolling out that tired 4-5-1 that never works unless it's against crap teams. Doesn't matter which forward is up there...no service.

Yet another team “presses” it which keeps the RB back and we fall to pieces with no tactical adjustments for 70 minutes.  Freaking Dome has spoiled me this year.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

I can't wrap my head around this.   And while everyone acknowledges he was not playing well, he is still the only guy in the field who can make something out of nothing.

And it is so :wall: when you add in the fact that he chose to leave Roldan on the field and take Pulisic off instead.

I feel like I have given GGG a fairly long rope but I am on my last thread.

• Like 1

And I've been Caillou's biggest supporter in here, but tonight was part and parcel of why it's time for him to retire from the US. He just can't get to space or ball, on either side of the ball. And that leaves space in front of the CBs, which neither he or Ream are ever going to get to, or space behind the attack that loses the support to push forward or ability to track the second ball in transition. Add in that he needs plenty of space and time once he's on the ball, and it's really a limited area of use for hi.

It's been a run. But it's time.

I hope Tab is the coach in the morning.  

that. was. brutal.

2 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

I can't wrap my head around this.   And while everyone acknowledges he was not playing well, he is still the only guy in the field who can make something out of nothing.

And it is so :wall: when you add in the fact that he chose to leave Roldan on the field and take Pulisic off instead.

I feel like I have given GGG a fairly long rope but I am on my last thread.

Exactly how I feel.

I was recently getting his back in here when others were calling him out. But I've seen nothing from him and the team against teams that are even close to equal to the US. He has no answers, and every team of any quality has already figured out how to deal with his tactics.

But benching ####### CP. Inexcusable.

• Like 1

I said during the Gold Cup that this US team didn't have the players to put Pulisic at winger yet.  That they couldn't get him enough service to allow him impact the game enough.....  Tonight.....  very little service, when he did get the ball, he was surrounded by 3 guys with no one making a supporting run.  Of course he looked terrible.  What tactical change did our coach make?  Did he bring our best attacking player to the middle to try and open up the offense(like ####### Canada did to perfection!) while also sitting a midfielder who couldn't even complete 50% of his passes?  Nope.  He takes off our best attacker and tries the same stupid ####### formation that had our attacking players playing defense in our own 18 against ### #### Canada.... only with a winger with 30% of the ability of the guy he took off.

I mean.... I think I'm done until Greg is fired.  I can't watch this ####.  It's too depressing.  

I was angry, frustrated, and genuinely sad when we lost to T&T, but I thought... you know, maybe this is the moment we needed to bring real change to the USMNT and USSoccer.  Instead, that was the high point of the last 2 years.  The ####### HIGH point!  I'm so beyond angry and frustrated at this point that I'm basically just checking out.  Berhalter is the worst coach we've had in the last 30 years at least, maybe ever.  If he's not gone before Christmas, then I don't even know what to think.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

And I've been Caillou's biggest supporter in here, but tonight was part and parcel of why it's time for him to retire from the US. He just can't get to space or ball, on either side of the ball. And that leaves space in front of the CBs, which neither he or Ream are ever going to get to, or space behind the attack that loses the support to push forward or ability to track the second ball in transition. Add in that he needs plenty of space and time once he's on the ball, and it's really a limited area of use for hi.

It's been a run. But it's time.

I thought he was decent in the first half but he got taken to school in the second half.   He was the primary (but not only) reason for the first Canada goal when he got so easily tackled in a horrendous spot on the field.

Adams is not going to fix this mess but we have to start one building block at a time.  

Edited by NewlyRetired

Grant Wahl @GrantWahl · 32s

Replying to 
@GrantWahl
The man who will make the decision on Gregg Berhalter’s future as USMNT coach (Earnie Stewart) is very likely to soon report to ... Jay Berhalter, Gregg’s brother. US Soccer, everybody.

Wat?  I am not keeping up with all the behind the scenes stuff - but this seems like an awkward situation.