What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (5 Viewers)

I try to limit the bashing, but seriously, what is Earnie doing every day?

============================

Paul Kennedy

With Tab Ramos’ impending move to Houston, he’s going to need to make sure he locks the door behind him. The MNT youth program that two years ago had full-time coaches at every age U-14 to U-20 now has one: Rafa Wicky, who’s in Brazil with U-17s.

C'mon!  you can't expect him to hire new youth coaches AND contact young dual-nats.   Geesh.   It's one "youth" thing at a time.  Hopefully, re-runs of My Cousin Vinny don't show up on TNT or he'll get nothing done watching all those utes.  

Looks like Kreis is being interviewed for a GM job in Salt Lake.    That could be yet another opening as he is the U23 coach right now.

C'mon!  you can't expect him to hire new youth coaches AND contact young dual-nats.   Geesh.   It's one "youth" thing at a time.  Hopefully, re-runs of My Cousin Vinny don't show up on TNT or he'll get nothing done watching all those utes.  
"The Utes!! Who's gonna coach da Utes???!!"

Dest continuing to give everyone blue balls.  If this continues, he can start his own pronhub channel

https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/news/sergino-dest-could-make-usa-netherlands-decision-soon-heres-what-he-said-about-both-teams/
I'm down to 0.03%

Not sure what the game this weekend is going to tell him. Have to figure his mind is made up already...and if the dutch federation has given him any hope at making the squad he'd be a maroon not to go with them.

I'm down to 0.03%

Not sure what the game this weekend is going to tell him. Have to figure his mind is made up already...and if the dutch federation has given him any hope at making the squad he'd be a maroon not to go with them.
here is my guess.

The fact that he keeps delaying the date at which he will announce makes me think he has already filed his papers and is simply waiting for them to be approved.   On the extreme off chance they are rejected by FIFA, he probably does not want to announce before he finds out.

@cboehm

Couple thoughts on Tab Ramos to Dynamo: *Sources tell me USSF removed youth tech dir title & all of Tab's other duties save U-20s HC in recent months; the writing was on the wall

If Twellman is right, it sounds like Dome will be out of work this winter.  Twellman also mentioned Reyna may be let go.  Seems harsh after a very good season and one sub par playoff game.

NewlyRetired said:
If Twellman is right, it sounds like Dome will be out of work this winter.  Twellman also mentioned Reyna may be let go.  Seems harsh after a very good season and one sub par playoff game.
Wow. NYC completely flipped their approach, going without stars...and put together a fantastic season, albeit with miserable end. Harsh indeed.

@ChelseaFC

Lampard says Pulisic's recent performances have put him in contention for a start at Burnley but he reiterates that he has plenty of options in that area of the team

@ChelseaFC

Lampard says Pulisic's recent performances have put him in contention for a start at Burnley but he reiterates that he has plenty of options in that area of the team
Not that I have a clue, but I'm kind of digging this 65th minute impact sub role.  Starting a game at Turf Moor is no joke.  I know he's played in many bigger games that that, but its a huge deal if he gets a start this weekend imo.

@ChelseaFC

Unless there's injury concern, no reason for lamps to change what's working. CP will get minutes if a spark is needed. If they're up, not sure you add CPs spark to the mix... Go with bolt down the hatches type of player instead.

Unless there's injury concern, no reason for lamps to change what's working. CP will get minutes if a spark is needed. If they're up, not sure you add CPs spark to the mix... Go with bolt down the hatches type of player instead.
Mount is 20.  CHO is 18 and coming off an injury.  They both looked to have tired legs against Ajax by the end.  I think Pulisic will get a start this weekend, but for sure against United if he doesn't this weekend.  If he can perform similarly in a starting role as he did in the last three sub appearances, it's going to be hard for Frank to keep him on the bench.

Mount is 20.  CHO is 18 and coming off an injury.  They both looked to have tired legs against Ajax by the end.  I think Pulisic will get a start this weekend, but for sure against United if he doesn't this weekend.  If he can perform similarly in a starting role as he did in the last three sub appearances, it's going to be hard for Frank to keep him on the bench.
Good stuff encaitar- you're absolutely right. It's a long season and everybody will need to chip in.

Fwiw..

Metro Sport ReporterFriday 25 Oct 2019 1:35 pm

Frank Lampard has confirmed Chelsea will be without N’Golo Kante, Ross Barkley, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Antonio Rudiger and Andreas Christensen for their trip to Burnley

have to figure CP sees time or likelystarts with those two out.

Good stuff encaitar- you're absolutely right. It's a long season and everybody will need to chip in.

Fwiw..

Metro Sport ReporterFriday 25 Oct 2019 1:35 pm

Frank Lampard has confirmed Chelsea will be without N’Golo Kante, Ross Barkley, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Antonio Rudiger and Andreas Christensen for their trip to Burnley

have to figure CP sees time or likely starts with those two out.
My impression is that Kante has more to do with Pulisic's time than either of those two. RLC hasn't played yet this season, and when he does it will likely be in the midfield, competing with Barkley, Kova, Kante, Jorginho.  I think Pulisic is in the attacking group with CHO, Mount, Willian and Pedro.  When Kante is healthy, Lampard seems more likely to play a 4-2-3-1.  This is good for Pulisic because it involves 4 attacking players - 3 playing behind the 9 (Abraham/Batshuyai/Giroud).  When Kante is not available, Lampard seems more likely to play a 4-3-3, which means only two attacking wingers playing with the 9. So the numbers are tighter for CP in that formation.

I've got no idea what is going on with Pedro. He is healthy as far as I know, but has not made the team sheet the past few games.  Pedro seemed to be preferred to CP on the wing early in the season.  He was the preferred sub for Mount against Valencia and I think for Willian at Lille.

Massive grain of salt with all my musings on this - its really just guesswork, and my have-cocked observations from the handful of games so far this season.  My personal hope/expectation is that the team gravitates more toward that 4-2-3-1, giving him a better chance to start or sub.  With only two, its going to be a rotation and he's in that mix but the competition is tight.

Its going to get more difficult when RLC is healthy.  He was the best of all the young players on the team for a while last season before he wrecked his achilles in that ill-timed game against the Revs.  Although not in direct competition with Pulisic position-wise, if he gets back to form, I think Lampard might be more likely to go with the 4-3-3.

===========

https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2019/10/gregg-berhalter-on-sergino-dest-usmnt-learning-experience-in-canada

“We had a long conversation – Sergiño, myself, Earnie, and his father, over lunch today,” Berhalter said via a phone interview from Amsterdam with former U.S. internationals Tony Meola and Brian Dunseth on Sirius XM FC’s “Counter Attack” on Thursday. 

“I think the important point is just reiterating him being part of our program, what he’s done in our program and how he’s performed at the U-17 level and the U-20 level. He’s played in a couple World Cups for us. To him there’s a comfort to that, and it’s nice to hear that from him and for him to appreciate how we’ve been there for him.”

Should Dest choose to continue with the United States, he could officially tie himself to the USMNT with an appearance in either of next month’s Concacaf Nations League matches against Canada and Cuba. Describing the meeting as a “good conversation,” Berhalter hit home what having the crafty fullback’s future tied to the U.S. would mean for its opponents.

“He’s a good kid, he’s a pleasure to watch. When you talk about teams trying to scout for him, he’s very difficult because he’s good defensively – he has good quickness defensively, but also offensively he’s always getting forward and he’s a handful there so he’s a really interesting combination playing as a full back.”

Fabulous

=============

@BrianSciaretta

Hearing there is a strong chance American midfielder Richie Ledezma will be on the bench for PSV’s first team tomorrow vs AZ Alkmaar

From Paul Carr

Two goals for Christian Pulisic! He's the sixth U.S. international with two goals in a Premier League game, and the first since Clint Dempsey in 2012.

Clint Dempsey (9)

Brian McBride (5)

Claudio Reyna

Roy Wegerle

Joe-Max Moore

Christian Pulisic

He's been very attack oriented today.  I feel like earlier this season, he would've looked to pass both of those off, but he's been going at goal all game.  He had a couple of other good shot attempts already too.

Like NewlyRetired mentioned, Pulisic's been Chelsea's only real threat today.  Making great runs.  Taking guys on at the right time.  We all knew he had the ability, he just needed the confidence..... today he has that.

He's been very attack oriented today.  I feel like earlier this season, he would've looked to pass both of those off, but he's been going at goal all game. 
I was saying the same to my son just now.  So happy he didn't try to squeeze a pass in to Abraham on that first goal, which is what I expected in the moment.

He's been very attack oriented today.  I feel like earlier this season, he would've looked to pass both of those off, but he's been going at goal all game.  He had a couple of other good shot attempts already too.

Like NewlyRetired mentioned, Pulisic's been Chelsea's only real threat today.  Making great runs.  Taking guys on at the right time.  We all knew he had the ability, he just needed the confidence..... today he has that.
I've wanted a little better movement, tbh- some of it is the formation that doesn't allow him room for bigger diagonal runs, but I think he could be more aggressive attacking spaces with his runs...seems to be ceding them to his teammates too much. But all the rest, yes

And the first 20 mins Chelsea were completely overrun. Couldn't win many first balls, and didn't win a single second ball.

Mount has been off today. Jorginho a bit too.

But they started to get it sorted moving the ball around quicker and getting it to CP

By the way, this is setting up nicely for Pulisic. 

Playing really well in consecutive sub appearances, which causes coach to give a him start and then coach is rewarded immediately for starting him.  Perfect feedback loop.

This is the type of thing that starts a bond between a player and coach in terms of trust.

Three pionts on the day to top this off is important now.

Not watching the game but sounds like Sargent is having a good game.  He also just setup the go ahead goal in second half.

Last edited by a moderator:
We can't beat Mexico on field so we have to take small victories where we can :)

=======

@DanielSmith1022

Pulisic: 3 goals, 5 assists in 558 mins.

Lozano: 1 goal, 0 assists in 747 mins

• Smile
Reactions: Ned

Users who are viewing this thread