Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Premier

US Men's National Team

We can't beat Mexico on field so we have to take small victories where we can :)

=======

@DanielSmith1022

Pulisic: 3 goals, 5 assists in 558 mins.

Lozano: 1 goal, 0 assists in 747 mins

• Like 1

After my criticism, Mount has been great in the 2nd half.

1 minute ago, NewlyRetired said:

Yes

And CP, of course :)

Hudson Ohboy is really good, but so selfish on the ball.

Not to take the focus off of Pulisic because he deserves all the attention he is getting, but the American Outlaws just released this really important statement.  I am shocked US Soccer agreed to this but maybe, just maybe, this might be the start of figuring out what is going on with a lot more transparency.

Please read:

https://twitter.com/AmericanOutlaws/status/1188159629412487170?s=20

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Super Happy for Pulisic.  Going from what had to be a career low light......  getting subbed off against Canada......  to what's easily his biggest career highlight.  Scoring his first goal in the EPL and following it up with two more.

Can see how much it means to him.

Gonna be a good night for him I'm guessing.

• Like 3

Pulisic is actually not the youngest American to score in the EPL.  Jozy was the youngest.

Am I correct in saying this is Pulisic's first professional hat trick?  I remember some braces at Dortmund but I don't remember any tricks.

4 hours ago, NewlyRetired said:

Pulisic also with a unique hat trick.  Left foot, right foot and head

This is rarer than it might sound.  It has not happened for Chelsea since 2010 (Drogba).

Edited by NewlyRetired

3 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

This is rarer than it might sound.  It has not happened for Chelsea since 2010 (Drogba).

The Hershey Hat Trick 

1 hour ago, NewlyRetired said:

Pulisic is actually not the youngest American to score in the EPL.  Jozy was the youngest.

Frighteningly, Pulisic has already out scored Jozy 3-2 in total EPL goals.

Jozy played 70 EPL games for that 2 goals........yikes........

• Thanks 1

On 10/23/2019 at 1:04 AM, NewlyRetired said:

Here is the US U17 TV schedule for the WC group stage.  it is expected to be a very tough group.

Sunday, Oct. 27 3:50 p.m. USA vs. Senegal FS1, Telemundo

Wednesday, Oct. 30 6:50 p.m. USA vs. Japan FS2, Universo

Saturday, Nov. 2 6:50 p.m. USA vs. Netherlands FS2, Universo

Reminder, this starts tomorrow for the US.

The two traditionally strong U17 teams in Nigeria and Brazil both won today.  Brazil beat Canada 4-1.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

Frighteningly, Pulisic has already out scored Jozy 3-2 in total EPL goals.

Jozy played 70 EPL games for that 2 goals........yikes........

Remember how good he was in Holland

3 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

Remember how good he was in Holland

51 goals in 93 games...

But as we have acknowledged, our Yanks seem to do well there.  Bacon was also a very solid scorer (39 in 81) in Holland.

Hell, even Bradley some how managed 19 goals in one season.  He has never scored more than 5 in any other year in his career.

Man that was nice to see CP break out like that. Hopefully he can keep that up while still getting chances for Abraham, et al to score too.

Not 100% sold on a couple of those other young talents being willing to feed the hot hand and not look for “theirs” first.

On 7/23/2019 at 6:25 AM, BassNBrew said:

Christian Pulisic over/under 15g+a - Over.  Chelsea had eight players with 8 or more goals last year.  Politic is one of there best eight offensive players.  He's always had as many assists as goals.

:goodposting:

• Like 1

Just as there was massive overreaction to Pulisic’s limited starts and minutes the first few weeks, there will also be massive overreaction to these last two performances. No one should be surprised to see him start on the bench on Wednesday. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, CletiusMaximus said:

Just as there was massive overreaction to Pulisic’s limited starts and minutes the first few weeks, there will also be massive overreaction to these last two performances. No one should be surprised to see him start on the bench on Wednesday. 

If he’s on the bench after going into Messi Mode, I think the USMNT just found their next coach. 

• Like 2

Ledezma did make the bench for PSV today.  PSV picked up an early straight red card which is likely to diminish his chances of getting his debut.  They are down 2-0 in second half

Edited by NewlyRetired
  • Like 1

Roberto Martinez on Hazard vs CP and I agree. I'd like to see CP learn to receive with back to goal a little better and also go at guys starting from a dead stop...but I've seen both of those in his game already

"[They're] very different, very different. Eden is a player that stops and assesses where he can execute his moment in a one v one situation," Martinez told Goals on Sunday.

"I think Christian is dynamic, he always needs to be on the move. He's someone that needs to receive on the move, so they're very different in that aspect.

"I think what they bring in the final third is exactly the same, players that think and take control of the moment and then they can find a good assist or a goal."

The former Everton boss was quick to heap praise on Pulisic for his perfect treble and also lauded the man-management from Frank Lampard which has helped the American adapt to the Premier League.

Pulisic had struggled for game time in recent weeks after a flurry of matches at the start of the season, with Lampard taking him out of the firing line to adapt to his new surroundings to fantastic effect.

"I saw Christian Pulisic play a lot for Borussia Dortmund last season. He's exactly what you say, there is a lot of technical players that when they get in the box, everything is rushed," Martinez explained.

"He is the opposite, when he gets in the box he makes the right call, he can finish with his right, his left, he's a very impressive player.

"What impressed me the most is the way Frank Lampard has managed him. We all know when a foreign player arrivers in the Premier League, it doesn't matter who you are, you need a settling period.

"For Lampard to know exactly what Christian needed, it's taken him ten games to unleash him in a way, I think from the European Cup and the game against Liverpool in the Super Cup, Christian Pulisic is now adapted to the Premier League. That's full credit to Frank Lampard."

• Like 1

Brooks started for Wolfsburg. Wonder if he can stay fit long enough to play next month. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ned said:

Brooks started for Wolfsburg. Wonder if he can stay fit long enough to play next month. 

Shhhhhh...you're going hurt Jozy with all that talk

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

1 minute ago, El Floppo said:

Shhhhhh...you're going hurt Jozy with all that talk

I’m not sure I really care at this point. :shrug: 

• Thinking 1

21 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

Roberto Martinez on Hazard vs CP and I agree. I'd like to see CP learn to receive with back to goal a little better and also go at guys starting from a dead stop...but I've seen both of those in his game already

Martinez is right that Pulisic is much better on the move.  

But it is also good to see that both his first goal yesterday and the assist against Ajax came after the play had been slowed down and he was moving at the same speed as the defender.

@Future USMNT

What a week it's been for Konrad de la Fuente!

10/23: 2 goals in the UEFA Youth League vs. Slavia Prague

10/27: 2 goals for Barcelona Juvenil A in a 6-0 win over Ebro. Served as the team's captain as well

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

Yes!  incredible start.  beautiful team goal

I found the game randomly...but missed the goal. These kids can flat out ball.

26 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

This game is an important one to get three points in as Senegal are expected to be the weakest of the three the US will play.

Yikes.  Senegal are scary. 

US is killing me with these midfield giveaways. 

• Like 1

Senegal deserved that tying goal.  They have been the better team.  That is awful to give up in injury time just before the half.

4 minutes ago, Ned said:

Yikes.  Senegal are scary. 

US is killing me with these midfield giveaways. 

I have had to run an errand...I left about 15 mins in, us passing around barelyhalter style from all positions...which produced some sparkling stuff going forward and some boneheaded giveaways in the back. WC isn't the time to try this #### out

I assume the GK was waiting for written instructions from the coach to come out for that.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, El Floppo said:

I found the game randomly...but missed the goal. These kids can flat out ball.

Not so much the last 15 I've been watching 

Good that the LB was covering the wing there, just in case they got a corner he was all ready to defend the short corner. As long as he didn't have to run, because he seemed incapable of that.