Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Premier

US Men's National Team

2 hours ago, Worm said:

Winning a match like that seems like the best case scenario to get something meaningful out of this tournament.

Obviously any game against Mexico would be huge but if we want to avoid a repeat of last cycle we need to win a match like Honduras away.

I agree.  And if they do win that game, it will be followed by a likely away game in Mexico just a few days later for the final. 

@USMNT

With goals in 2019, should @A_LoLo12 (Aaron Long) score another tonight, he would tie the record for most goals by a #USMNT defender in a calendar year which is jointly held by @AlexiLalas (1993), @MarceloBalboa17 (1994) and @BocaBoca3 (2003).

Just now, NewlyRetired said:

@USMNT

With goals in 2019, should @A_LoLo12 (Aaron Long) score another tonight, he would tie the record for most goals by a #USMNT defender in a calendar year which is jointly held by @AlexiLalas (1993), @MarceloBalboa17 (1994) and @BocaBoca3 (2003).

If I were GGG, I'd cut him for that handle.  :no: 

• Thanks 1

This really is peak Concacaf :)

====

@YanksAreComing

Playing Cuba on a cricket field in the middle of the Caribbean is so CONCACAF it hurts

3 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

This really is peak Concacaf :)

====

@YanksAreComing

Playing Cuba on a cricket field in the middle of the Caribbean is so CONCACAF it hurts

Sticky wicket etc

Portuguese media are reporting that Keaton Parks loan deal to NYCFC is ending in December and he will return to Benfica.

Hopefully they can find another home for him soon.  Something better than the Portuguese second division.

if he can get to be a regular at Barca B, that would be solid at his age

==================

@FCBarcelonaFl

Barcelona are working on the renewal of Juvenil A player Konrad de la Fuente who could sign shortly. De la Fuente already debuted this season with Barça B. The club believe he has the potential to play for Barça B

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

if he can get to be a regular at Barca B, that would be solid at his age

==================

@FCBarcelonaFl

Barcelona are working on the renewal of Juvenil A player Konrad de la Fuente who could sign shortly. De la Fuente already debuted this season with Barça B. The club believe he has the potential to play for Barça B

Solid at any age.

1 minute ago, NewlyRetired said:

Dest, Brooks, Lletget and Zardes out of the lineup tonight.   

Lovitz, Roldan, Sargent and Yedlin start.

Cool

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

Cool

when I first glanced at the list and saw the choices, I expected GGG to go the full Monty and start Trapp as well, but Yueill stayed in the lineup.

Roldan over Morales is a choice I would not have made but WTF do I know.   Even if expecting bad conditions tonight, I think Morales's grit might serve better.

9 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

Solid at any age.

this is true.  When you think about making it to Barcelona B, you have waded through a ton of talented kids Barca probably has in their system, it is very impressive.   

But the level Barca B plays it is pretty low.  They are in the 3rd tier of the Spanish pyramid and even the second division in Spain is not regarded like either the Championship or Bundesliga 2 is.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

Dest, Brooks, Lletget and Zardes out of the lineup tonight.   

Lovitz, Roldan, Sargent and Yedlin start.

It is probably just coincidence but if I had to pick out the 4 best US players from the Canada game, the 4 players who were removed from the lineup would be among the top 5 along with Morris.

Brooks and Long have had so few games together it seems strange to not give them another run together tonight.

Edited by NewlyRetired
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

It is probably just coincidence but if I had to pick out the 4 best US players from the Canada game, the 4 players who were removed from the lineup would be among the top 5 along with Morris.

And I can't help but think about those young duals who couldve gotten cap-tied here.

Of course, that's pre-supposing the US gets ahead comfortably and doesn't #### this up. Again. 

• Like 1

I am not watching any soccer tonight - wounds are still raw - but I am afraid to ask what the field looks like - hoping its not wet and bumpy.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

And I can't help but think about those young duals who couldve gotten cap-tied here.

Of course, that's pre-supposing the US gets ahead comfortably and doesn't #### this up. Again. 

Meanwhile Lovitz probably has a lot on his mind besides this game.  He just got traded from Montreal to Nashville.  Talk about a culture shock :)

Makes you wonder how little Henry must have regarded him.  They traded for basically 1/10th the value that Atlanta got for the Nagbe trade

Edited by NewlyRetired
  • Laughing 1

Meanwhile Lovitz probably has a lot on his mind besides this game.  He just got traded from Montreal to Nashville.  Talk about a culture shock :)

Didn't realize he actually played on a tram other than the US.

Just now, El Floppo said:

Didn't realize he actually played on a tram other than the US.

I was editing my post as you responded but this is interesting as Henry's very first move to get him off the team for very little in exchange.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

I've given up trying to understand anything Greg does at this point.

I get that they're basically playing a high school team, but how about.....I dont know....we allow our EIGHTEEN year old potential star to get a nice confidence building game and build some chemistry with some of his new teammates? Nah, that would be too much to ask. Gotta get Lovitz in there.

Again, they obviously shouldn't need Brooks and we all know how fragile he is, but still. 

• Like 1

I can't believe that Roldan is wearing #10.  Uh, that's not your number nor should it ever be. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looks like there's a whole 30 people at the stadium....  Of course it looks like it only holds 50 so.....

• Like 1

Just now, blend said:

I can't believe that Roldan is wearing #10.  Uh, that's not your number nor should it ever be. 

WTF.  GGG trying to piss Christian off even more?

Just now, encaitar said:

Looks like there's a whole 30 people at the stadium....  Of course it looks like it only holds 50 so.....

Waiting for old poppa gumbs to come out of that house and shake his fist at the crowd, yelling to get off his lawn

• Laughing 1

1 minute ago, El Floppo said:

Waiting for old poppa gumbs to come out of that house and shake his fist at the crowd, yelling to get off his lawn

Let's be honest... this is just a park that had its swing set temporarily moved right?

Wanna bet cubas #10 is better than any US player on the field

This is the same stadium that Canada only managed a 1-0 win over Cuba I believe after Canada crushed them at home.  I have no idea what to expect tonight.

I am watching with out sound.  What country is this?

Cayman islands

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, encaitar said:

I can't even figure out what the Concacaf Nations league is.  Any reason to watch this thing?

I sometimes think there is a guy like one of us who is a fan of the Cuban National Team fan.

Every single year that guy has to deal with anywhere between 3-5 career ending injuries (also known as defecting).

It is kind of amazing that Cuba can still keep their head above water.

Edited by NewlyRetired

1 minute ago, shader said:

I can't even figure out what the Concacaf Nations league is.  Any reason to watch this thing?

If you're a US fan, of course.

59 minutes ago, shader said:

US has to win game to make semi finals.  Any other result sees them out of the tournament.

Other than that, it all depends on your interest level and level of pain tolerance.

Edited by NewlyRetired

US has to win game to make semi finals.  Any other result seems the out of tournament.

Other than that, it all depends on your interest level and level of pain tolerance.

I suppose I can turn it on while I research Nashville SC draft picks

• Like 1

Just now, shader said:

I suppose I can turn it on while I research Nashville SC draft picks

Vazquez is the only interesting pick up IMO.

Announced attendance at the Can-Cuba game in this stadium was 420.  I'm guessing it'll be less tonight.

• Love 1

8 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

I am watching with out sound.  What country is this?

Cayman Islands

• Like 1

Vazquez is the only interesting pick up IMO.

Apparently Nashville traded for Daniel Lovitz today too!  We have our very own USMNT player.  😍

Um...is he any good?

• Laughing 1

3 minutes ago, shader said:

Apparently Nashville traded for Daniel Lovitz today too!  We have our very own USMNT player.  😍

Um...is he any good?

you don't follow this thread much do you? :)

He is a decent LB in MLS.   Nothing great but fine for an expansion side.

Edited by NewlyRetired