What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (11 Viewers)

And there it is.

Job done. Hopefully nobody hurt. Coulda been at least two more if not for a couple phenomenal saves.

But damn...Cuba are really not good. Surprised Canada could only put one on them.

And there it is.

Job done. Hopefully nobody hurt. Coulda been at least two more if not for a couple phenomenal saves.

But damn...Cuba are really not good. Surprised Canada could only put one on them.
The US not face planting tonight is another blow to Canada who really needed the two games next summer for the points in the rankings.   Looks like we all get to enjoy a game of batteries and urine bags down in El Salvador (assuming we can find a stream since these away games never seem to be broadcast on normal channels).

Bermuda trying to do its best to throw the final standings a twirl.   They scored first in Mexico and in second half game is 1-1.  If Bermuda pull off the massive upset and get a win tonight, the US would host Mexico in the semi finals.  If score remains tied, US will travel to Honduras for the semi finals.

Bermuda trying to do its best to throw the final standings a twirl.   They scored first in Mexico and in second half game is 1-1.  If Bermuda pull off the massive upset and get a win tonight, the US would host Mexico in the semi finals.  If score remains tied, US will travel to Honduras for the semi finals.
Watching the last five. Anywhere will do for the Bermuda bus

Only watched the first half but it seemed fine.

I was watching just to see if it was obvious that Cuba could not hang and it was. Moving on. :shrug:  

From Sciaretta

CONCACAF U-20 World Cup qualifying draw June/July 2020

GROUP E USA Costa Rica Jamaica St. Kitts & Nevis

GROUP F Mexico El Salvador Canada Aruba

GROUP G Panama Haiti T&T Suriname

GROUP H Honduras Cuba Guatemala Antigua & Barbuda

FORMAT: the top 3 teams from each group advance to knockouts. Those 12 teams will meet the 4 qualifiers from a prevous tournament of smaller teams in the round of 16. The R16, QF, SF, & Final are single elimination. The 4 semifinalists qualify for the 2021 U-20 WC in Indonesia

From Sciaretta

FORMAT: the top 3 teams from each group advance to knockouts. Those 12 teams will meet the 4 qualifiers from a prevous tournament of smaller teams in the round of 16. The R16, QF, SF, & Final are single elimination. The 4 semifinalists qualify for the 2021 U-20 WC in Indonesia
I'm losing track of who's playing for which team. Otherwise, poor st kitts

From Sciaretta

Soccer can be so stupid. We’re going to play twenty games to eliminate a couple of grade school teams and then play single elimination when it matters and the game are actually competitive 

Soccer can be so stupid. We’re going to play twenty games to eliminate a couple of grade school teams and then play single elimination when it matters and the game are actually competitive 
My thoughts exactly.   I hate single elimination games to determine qualification for any tournament.

Concacaf is so worried about getting the minnows games, that it hurts the top end of the Confed.

Tbh it was one of those goofy London soccer sites referencing some other site called something like chancetoplay...nothing official from the team at all 

I'll wait on clete for that...
Fwiw... It's prefaced by talk of him missing the US camp, so not really sure when it's from

Pulisic confirmed via his Twitter account that he is in London, with PremierInjuries rating the American's chance of being fit for the match against Manchester City at 25%.

He has been in fine form for the Blues in recent weeks, with his goal against Crystal Palace on Saturday his fifth of the season, and will be a big loss to Lampard should he not recover in time for the trip to the Etihad.

@Ned  one of my favorite young players in 2018 was Auston Trusty.  After a quiet year in 2019, I just saw he has been traded to Colorado.  Any idea what went wrong in Philly for him?  Was it a numbers game or did he just play poorly.

• Sad
Reactions: Ned
@CletiusMaximus have you heard any further information on Pulisic's hip injury?  I was assuming it was nothing serious and we might see him play this weekend but I was not sure.
There's been nothing.  Lampard will be asked about it for sure in his press conference on Friday, in between the dozens of questions about Jose.

In the meantime, there's this bit of awesome news that Christian is using Hazard's former barber in London.

https://twitter.com/EmenaIo/status/1196906683601166343

Fwiw... It's prefaced by talk of him missing the US camp, so not really sure when it's from

Pulisic confirmed via his Twitter account that he is in London, with PremierInjuries rating the American's chance of being fit for the match against Manchester City at 25%.

He has been in fine form for the Blues in recent weeks, with his goal against Crystal Palace on Saturday his fifth of the season, and will be a big loss to Lampard should he not recover in time for the trip to the
When I went to that site, CP currently listed at 50/50

[sigh]

=============================

@LOSC_EN

Christophe Galtier: "Timothy Weah is in a sporting rehabilitation centre in Madrid, as agreed with our doctor. He's in good hands. Will he be ready before the winter break? Ready to train, I'm convinced of that. Ready to play? That's another question."

NewlyRetired said:
@Ned  one of my favorite young players in 2018 was Auston Trusty.  After a quiet year in 2019, I just saw he has been traded to Colorado.  Any idea what went wrong in Philly for him?  Was it a numbers game or did he just play poorly.
Not sure how he fell out of favor so quickly.  Really disappointed they shipped him out.

@BrianSciaretta

Duane Holmes named the MOTM by @WhoScored for Derby County in its big 1-0 over 2nd place Preston North End in the Championship. The Columbus, GA native was very solid defensively in forcing turnovers (a big strength of his) and it was key to Derby’s win

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
@ChuckMe92Soccer

RBL manager says in pre-match press conference that Adams will be in camp next week. "Tyler Adams will also be one hundred percent back in the middle of next week and soon be available again." Tweet from the club a couple days ago had said "most likely"

1st one.... No he dint.

2nd one...yes he did, so we're gonna kick the #### out of him for having the audacity to pull it in a game. Really should've been two yellows on those players
only bad thing about the second play was that he took the pk that he drew and it was saved.  Luckily it was knocked in on a rebound by a team mate.

I love the athleticism on the second one to continue attacking after he went down the first time.

only bad thing about the second play was that he took the pk that he drew and it was saved.  Luckily it was knocked in on a rebound by a team mate.

I love the athleticism on the second one to continue attacking after he went down the first time.
The athleticism AND the mentality to want to continue the play and keep attacking...love that. Most modern players would be grabbing four different body parts in "agony" instead of trying to attack the box to get a goal.

He's looking very good.  His G+A/90 has gone from .16 to .30 last year to .42 so far this year.  This is the sign of a guy who's starting to "get it".  If he keeps it up this year he'll certainly be gone from Hobro(there were offers already for him last summer) and he absolutely will have earned a call up IMO.  I'd rather have him on the squad than Boyd at this point.

@TheAthleticSCCR

Julian Gressel tells @samstejskal that that he wants to play for the #USMNT, but his stalled contract negotiations with #ATLUTD could throw up some complications as he seeks to become eligible by November 2022.

@TheAthleticSCCR

Julian Gressel tells @samstejskal that that he wants to play for the #USMNT, but his stalled contract negotiations with #ATLUTD could throw up some complications as he seeks to become eligible by November 2022.
I like him...don't know that he's much different/better than Morris? 

Is he an upgrade for the US?

NewlyRetired said:
He is not really a winger.  He plays more of a two way midfielder, kind of like an 8.  I like him better than Roldan.
Played a lot as a wingback under Tata.  He provides excellent service, so I'd describe him as a higher motor, right footed Brad Davis.  

Pulisic is starting in a huge game for Chelsea that just kicked off at Valencia.  Hudson-Odoi is injured, Mount on the bench.  Not to read too much into these past few games, but it really seems that Pulisic is ahead of Mount on the winger depth chart.  When they line up in a 4-3-3 as they are today (and last weekend at Manchester City), the attacking band has been CP and Willian behind Abraham.

Users who are viewing this thread