Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Premier

US Men's National Team

2 hours ago, El Floppo said:

Maybe, with the January window looming, he was trying to ##### a few egos.

I can't figure out the ##### and it is bothering me.  'Bruise' is what Americans would say, but that wouldn't be filtered.  *itch doesn't make sense, *hit and *uck don't fit.  I'm at a loss.    

Thanks for the article quote.  

17 minutes ago, Poke_4_Life said:

I can't figure out the ##### and it is bothering me.  'Bruise' is what Americans would say, but that wouldn't be filtered.  *itch doesn't make sense, *hit and *uck don't fit.  I'm at a loss.    

Thanks for the article quote.  

I bet it is *hite, like our *hit.  Think 'poop'.

Alphonso Davies continues to get a ton of praise for his play at LB for Bayern from all levels (players and coaches alike).

I was chuckling to myself because there was a 50-50 chance he could have been American instead of Canadian.  His family moved as part of a refugee lottery.  The choices were either the US or Canada but when their name was pulled they were sent North.

Can you imagine Dest on the right and Davies on the left for the next 12 years?

1 hour ago, NewlyRetired said:

Alphonso Davies continues to get a ton of praise for his play at LB for Bayern from all levels (players and coaches alike).

I was chuckling to myself because there was a 50-50 chance he could have been American instead of Canadian.  His family moved as part of a refugee lottery.  The choices were either the US or Canada but when their name was pulled they were sent North.

Can you imagine Dest on the right and Davies on the left for the next 12 years?

THE THREAD IS WROMG

ETA...but yes, I can imagine that. I can also imagine nips on the left.

Edited by El Floppo

U.S. Soccer MNT

@USMNT

At 21 years, 85 days, @cpulisic_10 becomes the youngest player to win the award twice, and 7th player to win it multiple times. He joins @LandonDonovan(4 times); @clint_dempsey, @KaseyKeller18, @JozyAltidore, @MarceloBalboa17, @TimHowardGK (2 each).

Edited by NewlyRetired

18 year old Owen Otasowie got his pro debut today for Wolves in the Europa League as a second half sub.  Hit his the cross bar with a strong header.

He is the walking definition of a man child.  He is huge and looks like he is in his mid 20's.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NewlyRetired said:

This is a fun thread if you like voting on things.  One of the twitter guys has set up a 64 bracket poll for best US goal of the decade.  

It is going to be hard to top Donovan's in WC2010

https://twitter.com/usmnt_abroad/status/1204970522439757824?s=20

Donovan v Algeria takes out Germany Jones v Portugal for the title.

Didn't Bobby Woods meg someone then lash in a winner against Germany once upon a time?

1 hour ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

Donovan v Algeria takes out Germany Jones v Portugal for the title.

Didn't Bobby Woods meg someone then lash in a winner against Germany once upon a time?

Not a meg but it was a nice spin goal.  He was listed numerous times but not this goal.  Maybe they gave more weight to competitive game vs friendlies?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zVT5pnZq5w

At this point, the lack of negative news is actually good news.  This would be a nice Christmas gift

========

A “long and frustrating process” may be coming to an end sooner rather than later for 20-year-old USMNT star Tyler Adams.

Adams has missed the entire club season to date with a nagging groin problem that was hard to pin down, but with critical USMNT component Tyler Adams having returned to training this past week, the light at the end of the tunnel is fast approaching.

RB Leipzig head coach Julian Nagelsmann confirmed that Adams is eyeing a return to competitive action before the end of the month. The team has three games before concluding action for 2019 and transitioning to a three-week winter break.

“He may still possibly play this year,” Nagelsmann told the official club website during an update ahead of tomorrow’s Bundesliga match against Fortuna Dusseldorf.

Nagelsmann did note that Adams’ body is not the only hurdle for the American, who also has to earn his way back onto the pitch among a crowded RB Leipzig midfield. Forward Hannes Wolf has also just returned from a long-term injury, making his debut off the bench last time out against Hoffenheim, while the likes of Christopher Nkunku and Konrad Laimer have played well in midfield during Adams’ time out. Adams’ versatility may help him find a way back into a crowded squad, with the ability to play full-back as well as midfield, although it has been clear in the past that RB Leipzig values his abilities in the center of the pitch.

It may be some time before Adams can start, needing to build up his fitness to full match performance, but a return to the field soon is a positive sign for the U.S. National Team who needs Adams on the field and in good form in the worst way.

• Like 1

U.S. Soccer MNT

@USMNT

Our 2020 is taking shape! In the first of two European matches during the window, the #USMNT will face Holland  March 26 in Eindhoven

nice

=================

@CFCBrian_

Chelsea players with most goal sequence involvements (pre-assist, assist, goal) this season.

Tammy Abraham: 18

Christian Pulisic: 17

Jorginho: 11

Mason Mount: 10

Willian: 10

Michy Batshuayi: 9

Mateo Kovačić: 6

N'Golo Kanté: 6

Marcos Alonso: 6

Callum Hudson-Odoi: 5

Reece James: 5

• Like 1

*Weston was subbed out at the 13 minute mark with an injury.  Schalke's twitter said it is expected to be a shoulder dislocation.

*Konrad de la Fuente got his first ever start at Barca B today.  Lets hope this is a sign that he will remain at that level going forward.

2 hours ago, NewlyRetired said:

*Weston was subbed out at the 13 minute mark with an injury.  Schalke's twitter said it is expected to be a shoulder dislocation.

*Konrad de la Fuente got his first ever start at Barca B today.  Lets hope this is a sign that he will remain at that level going forward.

Boo/yay.

But seems par for the coors. Now that Adams is inching towards health, we certainly wouldn't swag healthy too.

Schalke 04 USA ✔ @s04_us

#Wagner on @WMckennie: "Weston has dislocated his shoulder and is in hospital right now. We don't yet know if he'll need an operation. He will definitely be out for a while

13 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

Schalke 04 USA ✔ @s04_us

#Wagner on @WMckennie: "Weston has dislocated his shoulder and is in hospital right now. We don't yet know if he'll need an operation. He will definitely be out for a while

:wall:

9 hours ago, El Floppo said:

Forward, yeah?

I know nothing about him, but according to Reddit his best positions are 8, 9, 10.  Evidently he used to play some winger but has been staying more central lately.

• Thanks 1

Just now, NewlyRetired said:

I saw this being promoted last night.  I don't have a subscription but I bet it is a riot :)  

Get the subscription. Well worth the low cost and TONS of soccer content. And a lot from around the world.

What's great is that you can say "USMNT photo shoot", and we will know EXACTLY which photo shoot you're talking about, in perpetuity!

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2

19 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

Wagner said today Weston is out until at least February.

That'll give Adams two good months of health until his next gimp

• Thinking 1

4 hours ago, ChiefD said:

I don't know if you guys subscribe to The Athletic or not, but there is an awesome article about the USMNT photo shoot.

And by awesome, I mean hilariously awesome. :lol:

The shoot climaxed with the arrival of Pablo Mastroeni, who straddled a metal bench in linen pants and a midriff-baring shirt. Mastroeni did not respond to requests to be interviewed, but his 2002 teammates still have plenty to say.

“I’d love to just hear the direction on some of the photos,” Jones laughs. “I’d love to hear what he said to Pablo. ‘Arch your back more,’ probably.”

• Laughing 3

51 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

Dest scored in a Cup game for Ajax today

https://twitter.com/FutureUsmnt/status/1207366977498624001?s=20

Twice!  Once seemingly at RB and once seemingly at LB (a sweet Coutinho special from the top of the box). 

Not to be outdone, Fonzie roasts the left side of Freiburg’s defense and plays a wicked low cross to Lewa for a pretty, pretty goal. Oh, Canada. 

Forgive the lack of links. On my phone. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ramsay Hunt Experience said:

Twice!  Once seemingly at RB and once seemingly at LB (a sweet Coutinho special from the top of the box). 

Not to be outdone, Fonzie roasts the left side of Freiburg’s defense and plays a wicked low cross to Lewa for a pretty, pretty goal. Oh, Canada. 

Forgive the lack of links. On my phone. 

He is having one hell of a season at a position he never played before

https://twitter.com/mysocceralt/status/1207388694333870086?s=20

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

Highlights from Dest yesterday.  Take note that most of these are from the LB spot.  He looks really comfortable offensively on the left.  If he can be almost as good defensively over there, that could solve a lot of problems for the US.

https://twitter.com/USMNTvideos/status/1207727244027846657?s=20

Problems?

We have lovitz.

- ggggggh

From an article about Liverpool's new signing from RB Salzburg...

"It's not hard to see why Salzburg is a favoured destination for players with real talent and hunger.

"From our experiences dealing with, and facing, Salzburg on and off the pitch in recent months, their reputation as a benchmark modern European club will only grow."

That's klopp being quoted. I know it's about the club in general, but nice reflection of Jesse too.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NewlyRetired said:

87 minutes,  mostly at RB.  Lets hope he feels good tomorrow.

They won 3-1 and remain in first.

RB you say...

- gggggggh

Great news that he's back on the field and starting and going big minutes. Figured they'd be easing him in situationally with sub roles...love that they think he's ready needed enough to start and go almost 90