Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Premier

US Men's National Team

grrr

================

FC Schalke 04

@s04_en

Suat #Serdar, Jonjoe #Kenny and @WMckennie are all missing training today with ankle problems.

@ChuckMe92Soccer

Gio Reyna vs. Werder Bremen:

1 absolute golazo

1 key pass; would've been an assist

22/23 passing (96%)

4/5 successful dribbles

5/6 duels won

Unreal production for a 17-year-old in 24 minutes of action.

USMNT call-up inbound.

• Like 2

According to Gianluca DiMarzio of Sky Sports Italia and expert mercado guy Robinson to Milan was called off as the medical staff saw some abnormally's in the test scan and didn't have enough time for further testing. Milan could come back to Robinson in the summer. Laxalt is not permanently staying and RB Davide Calabria the club could let go if a fair offer comes their way as Antonio Conti finally healthy has out played him but the RB spot is still a question mark. Not sure if A-Rob could play RB but if he can then it could be his to lose depending what happens with Saelmakers the RW/RB they got from the Anderlecht on loan  

• Thinking 1

Ugly translation but you get the gist.  Sounds like we should see him back on the field for a game sooner rather than later

=======

#Galtier: "Timothy Weah does all the sessions. By Marseille, we will have full sessions. Depending on his feelings with longer races, we will see what we do for #LOSCOM . But Timothy Weah is much much better. "

• Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1

while I put this at less than .001% chance of ever happening, Gio Reyna is a multi national.

As of right now, he is eligible to play for US (US citizen), England (born in Sunderland), Portugal (paternal grandmother), and Argentina (paternal grandfather).   He would have to file one time switch papers to play for any one but US.

This information came from an Argentine newspaper claiming that the Argentine federation is keeping a close on eye on our Gio.

29 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

while I put this at less than .001% chance of ever happening, Gio Reyna is a multi national.

As of right now, he is eligible to play for US (US citizen), England (born in Sunderland), Portugal (paternal grandmother), and Argentina (paternal grandfather).   He would have to file one time switch papers to play for any one but US.

This information came from an Argentine newspaper claiming that the Argentine federation is keeping a close on eye on our Gio.

Bad enough I gotta worry about the coronavirus...now I have this hanging over my head too.

Gio should be cap tied at the next possible opportunity. He's certainly good enough to get burn in the nation's league.

30 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

Don't

Seriously though, that would be the biggest soccer betrayal in American history.  Two former NT players as parents... grew up in the US.  Father works/worked for an MLS team.  Looks like one of the best up and coming US players.... then plays for a different country.  Would Claudio disown him?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This makes the replacement for Dan Flynn a lot more interesting.  Most assumed Jay was going to get it.

I assume Jay leaving is specifically related to him being told he was not going to be CEO.  

That leaves two really high level positions open now to be filled.

I saw Sunil recently...seemed to have some time.

I mean, the fact that this working relationship (Jay being Ernie's boss while Ernie was Greg's boss) occured is so incredibly absurd that I dont know where to begin. Like how does ANYBODY look at that and be like "yup...no conflict of interest here".

On 2/5/2020 at 10:04 AM, blend said:

Ricardo Pepi is who I'm placing my money on to emerge at Striker from the kids. 

One thing about Pepi is that while really young, he is physically ready.   You would have no idea he just turned 17 a couple of week ago.

https://twitter.com/bundimericans/status/1225639510509096960?s=20

By the way, did Paxton make the pass?  I have not heard what his health status is but that looks like him...

Edited by NewlyRetired

13 hours ago, Ramsay Hunt Experience said:

Looks like the rumors about Jayyyyyyy Berhalter stepping down are true.  Jay dies so that Gregg may live.

He's basically Jesus.

2 hours ago, NewlyRetired said:

One thing about Pepi is that while really young, he is physically ready.   You would have no idea he just turned 17 a couple of week ago.

https://twitter.com/bundimericans/status/1225639510509096960?s=20

By the way, did Paxton make the pass?  I have not heard what his health status is but that looks like him...

A comment on that twit says Roberts?

• Like 1

Uly has been added to Wolfsburg's Europa League squad.  Feels like his debut is coming one way or another this spring.

Edited by NewlyRetired
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

Thus is a good interview with Luichi Gonzalez, the man most responsible for developing a large amount of FC Dallas players for the various youth and senior national teams.

http://www.americansoccernow.com/articles/gonzalez-eyes-ambitious-future-for-fc-dallas-in-2020-and-beyond

interesting article- thanks.

his comments about jesus' first US game matched what I thought too:

And I think his first U.S. game was very positive. He was really smart with his movement and build-up play. He has a very good, tight, touch. He was good in combos. Good in holding the ball so the team can advance forward.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, NewlyRetired said:

Looks like the timing of Rimando's retirement was perfect for Ochoa.  If he really is going to be the starter at 19 as a keeper, that is an excellent base to build from.

https://twitter.com/charlie_kennan/status/1225589357165367296?s=20

Wow.  That's incredible for a 19 year old.  I believe Steffen was 20 when he first started getting MLS minutes and we've seen his progression.  Hope Ochoa steps up.

• Like 1

Timmeh was pretty young with the bullstars too

1 hour ago, encaitar said:

Wow.  That's incredible for a 19 year old.  I believe Steffen was 20 when he first started getting MLS minutes and we've seen his progression.  Hope Ochoa steps up.

25 minutes ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

19 hours ago, NewlyRetired said:

Looks like the timing of Rimando's retirement was perfect for Ochoa.  If he really is going to be the starter at 19 as a keeper, that is an excellent base to build from.

https://twitter.com/charlie_kennan/status/1225589357165367296?s=20

59 minutes ago, Ramsay Hunt Experience said:

Hamid was 19 when he broke through for DCU as well. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ6mdLwWn_M

Reports saying Bayern offered 20MM Euros for Dest, but Ajax wanted 30MM.  Possible it'll be revisited in the summer.

Edited by Dinsy Ejotuz
  • Like 1

best stat I will see all week :)

===================

@FOXSoccer

CHANDLER AGAIN! Only Erling Haaland has scored more @Bundesliga_EN goals in 2020 than the @eintracht_us star's 4 in 4 games

3 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

best stat I will see all week :)

===================

@FOXSoccer

CHANDLER AGAIN! Only Erling Haaland has scored more @Bundesliga_EN goals in 2020 than the @eintracht_us star's 4 in 4 games

note that Chandler has never scored more than 1 goal in a entire Bundesliga season before this 4 goals in 4 games :)

Sounds like he is being used as a right wing player in a much more advanced role than his typical RB position.

Edited by NewlyRetired
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

Reports saying Bayern offered 20MM Euros for Dest, but Ajax wanted 30MM.  Possible it'll be revisited in the summer.

Seems way too early for this. Kid needs to play

59 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

note that Chandler has never scored more than 1 goal in a entire Bundesliga season before this 4 goals in 4 games :)

Sounds like he is being used as a right wing player in a much more advanced role than his typical RB position.

I've seen a couple games with him...he's up the field much higher and getting into the attack more.

Great to hear though.

But not good enough for the US I'm sure (also can't remember how old he is... 29?)

1 hour ago, El Floppo said:

I've seen a couple games with him...he's up the field much higher and getting into the attack more.

Great to hear though.

But not good enough for the US I'm sure (also can't remember how old he is... 29?)

I watched a little bit.  Frankfurt was playing some sort of 4-4-1-1 with Chandler in the RM spot.  He played very much like a wingback, helping a ton on defense, but shooting up field fast when they had the ball.  I've talked about how I think the US should look at a 3-4-3 or a 5-2-3 before and here's another guy that could obviously excel as a wingback.

He is 29 though and hates humidity, so CONCACAF has always been when he's played his worst.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TLEF316 said:

It is not outrageous to think he can play at Bayern.  Bayern want to move Kimmich to the middle of the field and have already shown they have no issues giving a ton of playing time at LB to a young Concacaf player in Davies, so who knows, maybe they do the same at RB.

Dest has made it clear in interviews that he has huge ambitions as a player so he might jump at this chance even if he is not starting right away.  I assume it will be a huge bump in salary too.

On 2/5/2020 at 12:04 PM, NewlyRetired said:

grrr

================

FC Schalke 04

@s04_en

Suat #Serdar, Jonjoe #Kenny and @WMckennie are all missing training today with ankle problems.

Glad this was minor and  McKennie is in the starting line up today 

game is on FS1

Edited by berndog
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, berndog said:

Glad this was minor and  McKennie is in the starting line up today 

game is on FS1

Watching now. Came here to mention that the listings on YouTube TV had it incorrectly listed as FS2 in case anyone looked for it there.

11 hours ago, NewlyRetired said:
15 hours ago, TLEF316 said:

It is not outrageous to think he can play at Bayern.  Bayern want to move Kimmich to the middle of the field and have already shown they have no issues giving a ton of playing time at LB to a young Concacaf player in Davies, so who knows, maybe they do the same at RB.

Dest has made it clear in interviews that he has huge ambitions as a player so he might jump at this chance even if he is not starting right away.  I assume it will be a huge bump in salary too.

And it's not like he's an unknown at an unknown club. Regular starter at one of the top clubs in the world... one with a proven track record of having well rounded players that can move on and succeed at even bigger clubs.

And yeah, we don't want him to go and language or get loaned out.. but if Andy's kimmich comment process true, that's one less competitor.

9 minutes ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

How else will he assimilate?

By osmosis.

• Thinking 1

Bayern & Germany

@iMiaSanMia

Sergiño Dest was at Allianz Arena on Wednesday for the Pokal game against Hoffenheim. Hasan Salihamidžić watched the player in action during the Ajax vs PSV game on Sunday in Amsterdam

1 minute ago, NewlyRetired said:

I am hopeful Gio will see more minutes today...................

Is the game on FS?