What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (5 Viewers)

Add another.

The 18-year-old Tillman may get a shot for Bayern Munich this weekend, whom lead Chelsea 3-0 on aggregate heading into Saturday’s clash at the Allianz Arena. He has been training with Bayern’s first team since the end of the domestic season.

He scored 16 goals in 26 games for Bayern’s Under-19 team this season, playing alongside fellow Americans Chris Richards and Taylor Booth. Near the end of the season, Tillman was promoted to Bayern’s U-23 team, who won the 3. Liga title despite not being allowed to earn promotion to the 2. Bundesliga. He scored five goals in eight games for them.

Tillman was also rewarded with a new three-year contract in late July which now sees him locked up until June 2023 with the German giants. He is the also the younger brother of fellow USMNT prospect and current Greuther Furth midfielder Timothy Tillman.

Some more Yankees our wankees news about a few players- swag, Taitague, Gloster, Ledezma- part of 1st team camps for the upcoming season and/or cup competition.

McKennie, Taitague in Schalke preseason camp

Weston McKennie and Nick Taitague were both with Schalke’s first team in Gelsenkirchen on Monday as well. McKennie has been linked with a move away from the Bundesliga side this summer, but for now remains a member of David Wagner’s squad.

The 21-year-old McKennie played a vital role for the club last season, appearing in 32 combined matches for Schalke. He also scored three goals in league play while registering one assist in German Cup action.

Taitague made five appearances for Schalke II last season, but missed most of the season with injury. The U.S. Under-23 eligible midfielder also signed a new contract with the club back in February.

Gloster, Ledezma named to PSV’s first team camp

Chris Gloster got his first inclusion into PSV’s first team for preseason camp while Richie Ledezma returned to the Eredivisie side.

Gloster, 21, made 16 appearances last season with Jong PSV in the Eerste Divisie, registering one assist in league play. The left back has made two appearances for the U.S. Under-23 Men’s National Team and remains a key option for Jason Kreis’ team going into 2021.

Ledezma trained with PSV’s first team last season, but did not make his competitive debut. The 19-year-old attacking midfielder scored four goals and added three assists in 25 appearances with Jong PSV.

Both players will be looking to earn their senior debuts this season as PSV pushes for the Eredivisie title.

Once thought to be a future US prospect at GK after switching from Mexico to the US, Jesse Gonzalez has had his contract with FC Dallas terminated due to an alleged combination of substance abuse and domestic abuse.

Some more Yankees our wankees news about a few players- swag, Taitague, Gloster, Ledezma- part of 1st team camps for the upcoming season and/or cup competition.
good stuff, thanks for posting Floppo.

Taitague seems destined to be this generations "what if he could ever be healthy?"

Maybe they know something about hamstrings that we don't....

=============

Roger Gonzalez

@RGonzalezCBS

Hearing there is serious interest coming from the Middle East in Toronto FC and #USMNT striker Jozy Altidore

Is Konrad really getting better? Obviously you dont hear much about him playing for the junior sides/ 2nd team and I wasn't blown away last time I saw him (the U20 WC, i guess?)

not saying he was bad. He just didn't stand out to me (like someone who is dressing for Barca should)

There is not much I or really any other fan can say about Taitague because he is always hurt.   And yet I still get excited because for a player who is rarely healthy, not only has his team not given up on him, Schalke assigned him a first team squad number for this summer.

I can only think that in the few times he has been healthy, he must show extremely well for Schalke to continue to wait for him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Konrad really getting better? Obviously you dont hear much about him playing for the junior sides/ 2nd team and I wasn't blown away last time I saw him (the U20 WC, i guess?)

not saying he was bad. He just didn't stand out to me (like someone who is dressing for Barca should)
Recently, I have only seen highlights from Barca B, but he has looked good (which of course when you only see highlights is what happens so we don't have the whole picture).  

I would not hold his weakish U20 performance too much against him, as he was one of the youngest players in the tournament, which may have effected him.

Recently, I have only seen highlights from Barca B, but he has looked good (which of course when you only see highlights is what happens so we don't have the whole picture).  

I would not hold his weakish U20 performance too much against him, as he was one of the youngest players in the tournament, which may have effected him.
There was also a lot of transfer interest in him, but Barca just extended his contract.

So either he's still good (Barca B are all top pros...which should be obvious) and getting better, or these people didn't check in with you about your opinion of his u20 performance.

, or these people didn't check in with you about your opinion of his u20 performance.
I don't think my opinion of hisU20 WC performance is too much different from anyone else's to be honest.  He did not play great and eventually lost his spot.  

But as I mentioned he was only 17 at the time.  A player can change quite a bit between 17 and 19 and he clearly must be improving.  Barca does not promote players at will so he has caught some ones eye.

That being said, I would have preferred a transfer/loan this year for him as I think we can all agree that getting even sub minutes in the A squad will be hard to come by.

There was also a lot of transfer interest in him, but Barca just extended his contract.

So either he's still good (Barca B are all top pros...which should be obvious) and getting better, or these people didn't check in with you about your opinion of his u20 performance.
I'm sorry, GB tlef. That was a smarmier than deserved response on my part. The hot take thing made me a kneejerk.

I don't think my opinion of hisU20 WC performance is too much different from anyone else's to be honest.  He did not play great and eventually lost his spot.  

But as I mentioned he was only 17 at the time.  A player can change quite a bit between 17 and 19 and he clearly must be improving.  Barca does not promote players at will so he has caught some ones eye.

That being said, I would have preferred a transfer/loan this year for him as I think we can all agree that getting even sub minutes in the A squad will be hard to come by.
I was hoping for more from him then too. Didn't remember his age.

Does the new contract extension exclude him going out on loan? At 19, I agree that we'd hope he's seeing better than 3rd division minutes.

Does the new contract extension exclude him going out on loan? At 19, I agree that we'd hope he's seeing better than 3rd division minutes.
I doubt there is any exclusion, but with the new season starting in around a month every where in Europe, it would be nice if the loan was already secured so that he could compete for minutes with his new team in the minimal preseason.

I have the exact same thought process for Chris Richards as well. 

I'm sorry, GB tlef. That was a smarmier than deserved response on my part. The hot take thing made me a kneejerk.

That's alright GB. I didn't think "didn't standout to me" was a scalding hot take. But I know absolutely nothing about soccer, so my opinion is worth basically jack anyway.

And absolutely good point from NR about his age at the tournament. I forgot that he was essentially playing up a group.

====

A subsequent scan has shown damage which Lampard estimates will take around six weeks to heal, ruling the United States international out of Saturday's Champions League last-16 second leg clash against Bayern Munich and making him a major doubt for the subsequent campaign.

The Premier League is due to begin again on Sept. 12 but clubs engaged in European competition are likely to start later. The Blues are unsure at this stage when their first fixture will be but Lampard said: "With Pulisic, it's touch and go for the start of the season. We have to treat it right. He has been fantastic although had a couple of these injuries this season.

"In the big scheme when Pulisic reflects on the first season, I think his improvement levels coming here, when you think of his goals and assists being the best of his career in the first year in the Premier League, from where he was at the start and how he was playing in restart he should be very happy because that is down to his work.

"We will get him fit and ready. If he misses the first part of the season, the first one or two games, then we will have a firing Christian hungry for restart."

sigh

===========================

[Brian Sciaretta] Boy, oh boy. Career snapshot in 21 minutes. Aron Johannsson scores a 4th min goal to give Hammarby a 1-0 lead on Djurgarden. It was the first Allsvenskan goal for the 2014 USMNT WC veteran. He was then subbed out due to injury in the 21st minute.

sigh

===========================

[Brian Sciaretta] Boy, oh boy. Career snapshot in 21 minutes. Aron Johannsson scores a 4th min goal to give Hammarby a 1-0 lead on Djurgarden. It was the first Allsvenskan goal for the 2014 USMNT WC veteran. He was then subbed out due to injury in the 21st minute.
:Wall:

Twitter

[David Anderson] Sheffield United have won the race to sign Antonee Robinson from Wigan for £2million after reaching agreement with the Latics’ administrators, beating off competition from the likes of West Ham and West Brom. #sufc
How do we feel about this?

I kinda enjoy watching the blades and it's a PL club.  SUFC's manager must be pretty good, because the team plays smart and seems to consistently play better than their talent typically warrants.  

Seems positive to me all around.  

Its interesting Robinson has good pedigree and clearly teams in Europe like him (obviously their recent history has taken a big dive, but if AC Milan want you.......)

Saw Sheffield play a few times this year and their manager clearly knew what he was doing. Assuming Robinson can break into the side, I dont see much downside.

We're getting CLOSE to #### or get off the pot time with this kid though. He's 23 now and if doesn't happen in the next 18 months or so (by "it" I mean him clearly demonstrating that he's a USMNT caliber player) he might be in trouble. Obviously Dest has surpassed him and Cannon is no slouch either. (although Dest COULD end up playing further up the field)

Users who are viewing this thread