What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (10 Viewers)

El Floppo said:
Belgium
FIRST DIVISION
Chris Durkin and Sint-Truiden face Mechelen on Saturday.

Switzerland
SUPER LEAGUE
Theoson-Jordan Siebatcheu and Young Boys face Sion on Saturday.
Durkin played 84 as LM in a 3 man MF loss.

Sieb got last a minute sub in up front...maybe his first feature for this team? I didn't remember him transferring.

Eta...and Lederman was an unused sub.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bacon scored again this morning, that is 7 in 9 games.  I think he has played more games this year than the last 4 combined.

Haji had his first brace as he came off the bench to score 2 in a 3-1 win.

Richards is again on Munich's bench. 

ok now we see if he plays

==========================

Fabrizio Romano

@FabrizioRomano

Barcelona and Ajax are now signing paperworks/contracts for Sergiño Dest. The deal is 100% done and confirmed. Sergiño will be in Barcelona to have medicals and sign his contract until June 2025. Agents also told to Bayern Münich board that Dest will play for Barça.

Future USMNT

@FutureUsmnt

Despite only playing 8 professional games for Internacional, DM Johnny Cardoso is already drawing interest from Ligue 1 and Champions League club Marseille. He is 1 of 6 players from the Brazilian Serie A that the club is currently monitoring, according to Globo Esporte.

I'm talking about annually top o the world rated teams. Dortmund's right behind those.
Will just have to agree to disagree. Especially if you are listing Chelsea. 

Germany is one of the top 2-3 leagues in Europe (Spain and EPL). Dortmund has consistently been the 2nd best team in that league for the last few years. 

I pulled up a few lists of European club rankings and Dortmund is higher than Chelsea (and even Juventus in a couple of them). Here's one example.

Will just have to agree to disagree. Especially if you are listing Chelsea. 

Germany is one of the top 2-3 leagues in Europe (Spain and EPL). Dortmund has consistently been the 2nd best team in that league for the last few years

I pulled up a few lists of European club rankings and Dortmund is higher than Chelsea (and even Juventus in a couple of them). Here's one example.
That's the crux for me- I'm going back longer.

And hardware. Plus, I don't think- who's gonna win the champions league - and ever come up with Dortmund. Or Chelsea (lately), to your point. 

But this is a quibble of small proportions...they're a top team and it's still great to have our kid featuring as a lynchpin of their offense.

It must be what Pirlo wants him to do, but swag is consistently over-committing to double on the ball. Ends up leaving space for roma behind him if they break it...which they have quite a few times 

Thought swag looked sloppy in the second half...some really lazy passes setting up his teammates to kill themselves on the 50-50 result. And then an early sub for Artur, which might be a troubling sign.

I'll be honest...I don't see any tactical shape to juve on either side of the ball. Wonder if Pirlo is in over his head.

Thought swag looked sloppy in the second half...some really lazy passes setting up his teammates to kill themselves on the 50-50 result. And then an early sub for Artur, which might be a troubling sign.

I'll be honest...I don't see any tactical shape to juve on either side of the ball. Wonder if Pirlo is in over his head.
Certainly a legit concern after 2 games ;)

I think anyone that is a regular in this thread could coach Juve to a league title. 

Let's see how they do in the CL before we start trying to judge Pirlo as a coach.  

Jody with a couple scores...one in the goal, and one at the supermarket where he's apparently loaded up on lil Debbie snack cakes. 

• Laughing
Reactions: Ned
Am I nuts or are our top 3 choices at striker right now Sargent, Bacon and Zardes?
Not nuts.

But Jozy still has a little to give based on tonight... his movement looked pretty much in decline, but he was finally using that even bigger body to win balls. Would really love to see Bacon make a comeback. 

Jozy is not the only long term National Team striker struggling this year

======================

USMNT Watch

@USMNT_Watch

On top of that the Galaxy are 4-1-1 without Chicharito and 0-5-2 with Chicharito.

The Lille-Boavista connection continues to be interesting.

If Cannon is sold to Lille, Dallas retains their sell on fee and can then cash in, if and when Lille sell.  The general idea is that Cannon will stay at Boavista for one year and the move to Lille next season.

Robinson made the bench for Fulham in the EPL game for the first time today.
Beating that dead horse...he's a very similar player to their established starter and star, Bryan. As long as Bryan's there, I'm not sure how he's supposed to integrate into the starting 11.

Ok...checked the cup game where robo started at LB. Bryan subbed in late for the RB...maybe that's the future?

Frustrating because Robo was MOTM in the cup match he started.  
He was obviously highly rated, and they payed some decent money for him to only play cup games...so they must have a plan. I'm hoping it's switching him or Bryan to RB so they can both play epl games.

Future USMNT

@FutureUsmnt

Despite only playing 8 professional games for Internacional, DM Johnny Cardoso is already drawing interest from Ligue 1 and Champions League club Marseille. He is 1 of 6 players from the Brazilian Serie A that the club is currently monitoring, according to Globo Esporte.
Refresh my memory, does he have an EU passport?

2021 Gold Cup draw

US, Canada, Martinque, MinnowToBeNamedLater

GGG already giving strong hints he will be using many players in the squads next summer:

"You know whenever the release date is -- maybe June 28 -- you know the clubs are obligated to release the players to us. This represents more than that," he said.

"It represents relationships and we're in communication and really talking to the clubs and trying to piece together what makes most sense for the player. If I asked you, 'Is it reasonable for a player to play a full season. Then go to Nations League, then go to Gold Cup, then start preseason again without a break?' You know, it's probably not reasonable for that.

"So we're gonna have to juggle the squad a little bit. We're going to still be competing for trophies; but there will be a certain amount of juggling we need to do."

Users who are viewing this thread