What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (10 Viewers)

Any update on Pulisic? 

The last I heard from Lampard was that he was still considered in the "recovery" stage which does not give me hope that he will dress today.

Any update on Pulisic? 

The last I heard from Lampard was that he was still considered in the "recovery" stage which does not give me hope that he will dress today.
Not playing today.  Maybe this weekend he'll get a cameo, but I doubt it.  The international break is starting soon and that'll be two more weeks for recovery.  I expect Lampard to use that to make sure Pulisic is 100%.  Sucks as a US and CP fan, but it's probably the right call.

preach on Ronnie

========

"It's good for American football that you have players like Dest, like Konrad here in Barcelona. Both players are still young. Sergiño last season in Ajax first team, in the Champions League, that experience will help the player & also the U.S national team." -Ronald Koeman

Steffen starting again for Man City today.

Reyna moved to a sub role as Rues and Brandt are both starting today against Bayern in the DFB Super Cup game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was looking for Dest and forgot about Konrad...   :bag:
Dest is close but not a Barca player yet, at least last I saw.  I think he had his medical today and still needs to sign the contract.

I am hoping he will start training with the team this week, likely after tomorrow's game which I think he will watch in person.

Steffen got a clean sheet today for Man City in the Moose Cup.  I have not heard if he was that busy but the stats make it seem like Man City dominated.

Some good news today.  Red Bull Salzburg has qualified for the group stages of Champions League. 

That not only gets Jesse Marsch more Champions League experience, it also gives a possible chance for Aaronson to play in Champions League, depending on how his contract works out and when he will move over to Austria.

Pretty freaking surreal that there are 2 US players in/right near the first team at Barca-freaking-lona.

Remember when we were all giddy about a prepubescent Lederman  kicking it around with the other 9 year olds in the academy?

Pretty freaking surreal that their are 2 US players in/right near the first team at Barca-freaking-lona.

Remember when we were all giddy about a prepubescent kicking it around with the other 9 year olds in the academy?
I know.  I also would say Richards getting time at RB seems like a pretty big sign of encouragement from Bayern considering the propensity to want their CBs to be able to provide cover on the wings.  He may be the beneficiary of Bayern missing on Dest which in itself is a pretty remarkable statement. 

This is really impressive as a Euro only lineup.   

========================

Steven Goff

@SoccerInsider

USMNT *could* have lineup from Manchester City (Steffen), Barca (Dest), Wolfsburg (Brooks), Bayern Munich (Richards), Fulham (Robinson), Juventus (McKennie), Leipzig (Adams), Chelsea (Pulisic), Dortmund (Reyna), Bremen (Sargent), Besiktas (Boyd)

Subs from Club Brugge(Horvath), Fulham(Ream), Newcastle(Yedlin), Boavista(Cannon), Eintracht Frankfurt(Morales), Derby(Holmes), Hammarby(Bacon), Lille(Weah), Barcelona(Konrad)

That is a nice starting RB number :)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EjPr0ztWoAEob2V?format=jpg&name=large

I think he is going to get his chances to make that position his.  Hopefully he can have a some good early performances to keep him playing...
This is what I was going to say.  You don't give a new signing such a coveted number unless you expect him to be a big part of your team.  That's awesome. 

Ajax fans have gone the way of the Dortmund fans during the Pulisic trade and laughing about Barca overpaying.  Dortmund fans aren't laughing about their "deal" anymore.  I hope Dest can shut the Ajax fans up the same way.

I saw this stat on Twitter:

The single-season UCL record for most Americans playing is six in 2004-05:

DaMarcus Beasley, Jermaine Jones, Landon Donovan, Robbie Russell, Jonathan Spector, Tim Howard

This year:

5 are locks (assuming healthy) for UCL minutes: Weston, Pulisic, Dest, Adams and Reyna

2 are likely to play later in the group stage if things are already decided: Steffen, Horvath

2 are very long shots to play: Richards and Konrad

1 is a wild card since we don't know when he is moving: Aaronson

I saw this stat on Twitter:

The single-season UCL record for most Americans playing is six in 2004-05:

DaMarcus Beasley, Jermaine Jones, Landon Donovan, Robbie Russell, Jonathan Spector, Tim Howard

This year:

5 are locks (assuming healthy) for UCL minutes: Weston, Pulisic, Dest, Adams and Reyna

2 are likely to play later in the group stage if things are already decided: Steffen, Horvath

2 are very long shots to play: Richards and Konrad

1 is a wild card since we don't know when he is moving: Aaronson
every out field player from this year is 22 years old or under....

Konrad dressed for Barca today but a first half red card on Barca lessons his chance at a first team debut.  Barca is up 2-0 even though down to 10 men.

Users who are viewing this thread