What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (9 Viewers)

I mean, c'mon now.
I mean yeah, we know it sounds silly knowing that Zidane ended up as an all time great, but the simple fact that Reyna is ahead of where Zidane was at the same age should make us a bit giddy. 

Zidane did not score his first goal until he was almost 19.  

I get the Kompany angle, for whatever that's worth, but can't say Anderlecht and the Belgian league is a step up from Reading and the Championship.  I'd think this is at best a sideways move.  He's 25, with 2 years left on his Chelsea deal.  Probably made some good money, but time for him to find a better path imo.
I think many of us like Miazga.  I also don't think any of us really ever expected him to crack the Chelsea first team squad, even in his prime.

This acknowledgement makes me appreciate all the more what Chris Richards is doing at his age so close to the main squad at a club like Bayern.

Yeah, after "wet and bumpy", nothing can be taken for granted.

Talent level is way up and climbing, but crazy #### happens in CONCACAF.

And there goes Jozy's hamstring, again......

On a brighter note Akinola scored again for TFC.  Tweets say he is now the highest scoring U23 American in MLS.

Robinson got his EPL debut today and was said to have played very well.

Incredibly, Chris Richards is starting for Bayern today.  

Oops, somehow missed this.

Insane.
Richards is starting over a healthy Pavard.  He is doing well so far.  His heart must be beating through his chest.  The amount of foreign players who have started for Bayern before even having 1 national team cap has to be small.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unlucky for Richards.  Had his first pro assist removed by VAR.

Nice bit of skill in the cross though.

Very solid half for Richards in his starting debut.  He played simple balls with 100% accuracy, 15 for 15.  Made one nice defensive play.  Was not beaten one on one on any dribble.  And he hit three crosses, two of which resulted in goals (one was removed by VAR).

He clearly looks like a CB playing RB but I don't have any complaints with him getting minutes at any spot for a team like Bayern.

So, at this point, who would be RB for USMNT and who would be LB?

If they continue to all develop, where do Dest, Richards, and Robinson line up for us?

So, at this point, who would be RB for USMNT and who would be LB?

If they continue to all develop, where do Dest, Richards, and Robinson line up for us?
Don't forget about Cannon who is playing great for Boavista and should move to Ligue 1 next season or sooner.

To me Richards is not a modern RB.  He does not have the dribbling ability needed to naturally attack like Dest and Cannon do.  I think he will end up a CB as his career position, which is great for the US as he might look very good next to Brooks.

Depending on how GGG wants to work things, the US could try a back three with Richards as the RB in the 3 and thenm2 of Dest/Cannon/Robinson as the wide players in a 5 man midfield

Don't forget about Cannon who is playing great for Boavista and should move to Ligue 1 next season or sooner.

To me Richards is not a modern RB.  He does not have the dribbling ability needed to naturally attack like Dest and Cannon do.  I think he will end up a CB as his career position, which is great for the US as he might look very good next to Brooks.

Depending on how GGG wants to work things, the US could try a back three with Richards as the RB in the 3 and thenm2 of Dest/Cannon/Robinson as the wide players in a 5 man midfield
If he goes 4 in the back, perhaps Robinson at LB, Brooks/Richards in the middle, and Dest at RB?

Not forgetting Cannon, but can't see him over the other 2 right now. Which of those guys would best be suited to move into the MF?

If he goes 4 in the back, perhaps Robinson at LB, Brooks/Richards in the middle, and Dest at RB?

Not forgetting Cannon, but can't see him over the other 2 right now. Which of those guys would best be suited to move into the MF?
I would think Dest is the most natural midfielder of the group. 

Cannon at this point is a significantly better defender than Dest while Dest is the best going forward.  Robinson has a leg up because he is naturally left footed and we need that on the team.

I would love to see a Dest-Richards-Brooks-Robinson group tried out.  

Having Dest and Robinson's natural attacking instincts with Gio and Pulisic on the field at the same time is going to be hard for many teams to handle.

I still think a 4-2-3-1 is the formation that fits the team the best.  Projecting Richards as CB, I would feel pretty damn good about a starting lineup like this for qualification next fall

..............................Steffen

Dest.........Richards........Brooks.......Robinson

.....................Adams........Weston

Morris................Gio......................Pulisic

.................................Sargent

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
I still think a 4-2-3-1 is the formation that fits the team the best.  Projecting Richards as CB, I would feel pretty damn good about a starting lineup like this for qualification next fall

..............................Steffen

Dest.........Richards........Brooks.......Robinson

.....................Adams........Weston

Morris................Gio......................Pulisic

.................................Sargent
Jesus, completely forgot Adams.  That's a potentially filthy lineup if these kids keep trending up.

Jesus, completely forgot Adams.  That's a potentially filthy lineup if these kids keep trending up.
RBL may not have the name of Juve, Barca, or Bayern, but Adams is a key member of a talented, Champions League knock out round level team. 

His calmness is going to be welcomed in the Concacf craziness that happens every cycle.

• Smile
The only real negative this Euro season has been Weah. 

And it's not that he has played poorly, but more that Lille just won't give him any real minutes.  He keeps getting cameo's at the end of games.  Meanwhile Jonathan David is playing a ton for Lille with zero goals or assists so far so maybe there might be an opening for Weah if he plays well in training.

I am breaking my F5 key waiting for Barca to announce the game day roster...last I saw Dest was still waiting league approval to dress...

Weston was not going to start today against Napoli according to Juventus twitter account.  But game looks to be a forfeit anyway.

Weston was not going to start today against Napoli according to Juventus twitter account.  But game looks to be a forfeit anyway.
Ives brought up an interesting point (even though I did not think Weston would have started today even with out this point)

Weston has a clause in his loan contract that he becomes an automatic buy if he starts a certain amount of games.  By being benched today in a forfeited game, Juve benefits if they did intend to normally start him.

I thought Konrad was only called up for the friendly. The fact he's still up AND dressed is amazing. Is he going to remain on the first team at this point?
He has been with the first team since preseason but not had a chance to debut yet even though he has dressed a few times now.  The Barca media yesterday said the team intended to transition him to LB as a back up to Alba and to keep him training with the first team. 

I assume he is also going to play for Barca B since anything beyond cameo's seems impossible on the first team (and I acknowledge I said that same thing about Richards just two weeks ago...)

If we can get through this ####### covid, we are going to have a decade of fun to watch

====================

David Kerr

@dkerr0118

Ages of players in the 2030 World Cup

Christian Pulisic (31)

Weston McKennie (31)

Tyler Adams (31)

Tim Weah (30)

Josh Sargent (30)

Chris Richards (30)

Sergiño Dest (29)

Richie Ledezma (29)

Uly Llanez (29)

Konrad (29)

Gio Reyna (27)

• Smile
Saw this on twitter for our Euro gang this weekend....damn

==================

Reyna Assist Hatrick, MOTM

Pulisic Return from injury

Robinson EPL debut

Llanez Professional debut

Cannon MOTM

Richards starting XI debut for Bayern with first professional assist

John Brooks MOTM 

Dest has to be  :popcorn: at this stat

==========================

Samuel Marsden

@samuelmarsden

Stats on Spanish TV say Barça have attacked five times down the left, seven times through the middle and zero times down the right ... 40 mins gone.

So Dest and Konrad on the bench for Barça today, eh?  Going from no USMNT players for the blaugrana to 2 in one season is interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread