Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Premier

US Men's National Team

55 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

Seven hours and no jaws dropped by that goal? What is wrong with you people. That's an absolute highlight reel golazo. 

Any more sense of who he'll end up with? Still 50/50?

I assume, simply because he is actively playing a position that we little depth in in our Euro based players, that he is likely to get called up to the Wales friendly.  I assume he will accept that call since it is not a cap tying event.

1 minute ago, McBokonon said:

Dest is starting today in El Clasico no big deal

The dickens, you say!

10 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

On the right, this time.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, gianmarco said:
17 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

On the right, this time.

Where can we watch this?

I can't ####### believe a usmnt is starting in el classico. My mind is bottled.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, El Floppo said:

Where can we watch this?

BeIn Sports if you have it. footybite maybe if you don’t

• Thanks 1

Robinson on the left starting next to Ream vs crystal palace. 

The guy I've been talking about as the previous starter is on the bench. So either robo has best him out, or the guy isnt fit.

25 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

BeIn Sports if you have it. footybite maybe if you don’t

Lol...bein in English is part of a package that's a $45 upgrade.

Or in spanish for $8.

Done.

Recording it for later.

Antonee looking dangerous up Fulham's left side. Some dangerous balls into the area from out wide.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Ted Lange as your Bartender said:

Tyler Adams hurt in warmups and is not in Leipzig’s 18 today

Roger Gonzalez

@RGonzalezCBS

Regarding Tyler Adams' injury in warm-ups, I'm told it is nothing long term and just precautionary. Nothing to worry about

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Watching Robinson run is.....interesting.

I am watching Dest play and damn does he look good, especially defensively against these big names.  He won't be matched up against anyone of this quality in qualifying.

On the ball he is really comfortable. 

Edited by NewlyRetired
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Unfortunate handball on Dest on the side line.  The resulting free kick caused a pk to be called which RM scored on.  

10 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

CP back in the XI, Gio starting also. 

so nice to see young Americans starting in big games for big teams.

1 hour ago, NewlyRetired said:

I am watching Dest play and damn does he look good, especially defensively against these big names.  He won't be matched up against anyone of this quality in qualifying.

He's really shut down Vinícius on that side. Barcelona's center backs have been terrible today.

1 minute ago, Desert_Power said:

He's really shut down Vinícius on that side. Barcelona's center backs have been terrible today.

I can't say anything negative about Dest today.  The handball was unfortunate but not totally his fault.

He absolutely has deserved going 90 minutes again.  You could make an argument that on the day he was one of the best players for Barca in this game.

Color me super impressed, especially the complete shutting down of a player like Vinicius as you mentioned.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

CP back in the XI, Gio starting also. 

Surprising to see Pulisic favored over Mount in a 343 formation, but we'll see how it works.  I suppose he will have to play more centrally with the width coming from James/Chillwell.  Seems an odd, almost desperate move from Lampard.

21 hours ago, NewlyRetired said:

Miazga gets his second straight start for Anderlecht today.

positive report on MM

Brian Sciaretta

@BrianSciaretta

Matt Miazga: raw # for Anderlecht in 3-1 win vs. Kortrijk

90 mins

88 touches

0 shots

73/80 passing (91%)

2/5 accurate long balls

3 duals won (3 lost)

1 dribble

3 clearances

2 tackles (2 attempts)

1 interception

- Very good effort from Miazga in his 2nd Anderlecht game #USMNT

• Like 2
  • Love 1

yikes

=====================

Samuel Marsden

@samuelmarsden

Barça send out Dest to do the immediate post match reaction on Spanish TV. No responsibility from the senior players. The kid doesn't even speak Spanish. Has to remind the interviewer: "I speak English!"

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

:(

========

Brian Sciaretta

@BrianSciaretta

Really tough news to report here but American winger Jonathan Amon has suffered a serious re-injury to his knee and will need surgery. No timeline for another return is given at this point. The SC native scored last week in his 1st game in 13 months

• Sad 4

Seeing Adams get hurt in warm ups, Pulisic limping off again, Amon with what could be the career ender type of reinjury, it seems clear that health is going to be the biggest factor in how far this generation of players will be able to go.

Not good

====================

Future USMNT

@FutureUsmnt

In a less than ideal situation, Tim Weah has been left out of Lille's squad for tomorrow's trip to Nice. No injury, simply the head coach prefers 18 year old Isaac Lihadji to him, according to L'Equipe.

With Pulisic's slow start, I think Dest is probably our best player (at this single moment in time) at the club level.  Look at these highlights against a team like Real Madrid.  Even with my rosiest projections, I never expected this so soon after moving, especially defensively.

https://twitter.com/False_Fullback2/status/1320040334500503553?s=20

Edited by NewlyRetired
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

McKenzie goal as the Union are utterly destroying Toronto in a top of the table clash in MLS tonight

https://streamable.com/gr3f2n

Union #1 in all of MLS. :wub: 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, Desert_Power said:
20 hours ago, NewlyRetired said:

I only watched the first half so far.

Thought he looked like he deserved to be there, but first half  he got abused by Vini's movement at least 3-4 times. As "simple" as not running with the man...granted, Vini was finding the seams between defender zones but forcing the CB to cover Dest's mistakes. 

These did happen earlier in the half and Dest seemed to settle in a bit as the half progressed and otherwise looked fine, but based on those glaring (to me) mistakes, I was surprised to see your guys comments. Hoping to finding a spare 45 to watch the rest today.

11 hours ago, NewlyRetired said:

Aaronson leaving his defender in the dust to set up goal number 5

https://streamable.com/ykeckv

I wish I could find the clip of Aaronson getting the ball on the right.  3 defenders close him down; he was isolated.  He split all 3 driving into the box.  :wub: 

4 hours ago, El Floppo said:

I only watched the first half so far.

Thought he looked like he deserved to be there, but first half  he got abused by Vini's movement at least 3-4 times. As "simple" as not running with the man...granted, Vini was finding the seams between defender zones but forcing the CB to cover Dest's mistakes. 

These did happen earlier in the half and Dest seemed to settle in a bit as the half progressed and otherwise looked fine, but based on those glaring (to me) mistakes, I was surprised to see your guys comments. Hoping to finding a spare 45 to watch the rest today.

I didn't remember anything in particular from Vinícius except for when he did cut inside and sky a shot. In the last few matchups with Real Madrid, he was the player that gave Barcelona the most trouble against Semedo/Roberto. So, not watching Dest extremely close, that is where my comment was coming from. :)

Maybe I was focused more on the errors/lack of pace from Pique tho...

12 minutes ago, Desert_Power said:

I didn't remember anything in particular from Vinícius except for when he did cut inside and sky a shot. In the last few matchups with Real Madrid, he was the player that gave Barcelona the most trouble against Semedo/Roberto. So, not watching Dest extremely close, that is where my comment was coming from. :)

Maybe I was focused more on the errors/lack of pace from Pique tho...

They jumped out at me because dest was all I was watching (and Leo or course).

But besides those instances, I was struck by how well he positioned himself with the back line.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, El Floppo said:

They jumped out at me because dest was all I was watching (and Leo or course).

But besides those instances, I was struck by how well he positioned himself with the back line.

Yeah, I was watching the odd decisions to play Ansu Fati as a #9 (he did well) and Coutinho/Pedri wide. Isn't a setup used this year and it didn't work.

Cannon starting at RB for Boavista. 

I'm sensing a goal for him today ;)

• Like 2

I don't know if this is just a blip or if he is making the leap this season, but if he holds this level, we could be looking at 3 top level players in the team (Pulisic, Gio and Dest) with in just a few years, which is something we have never had before.  All 3 of these players are projecting to a higher level than either Donovan or Dempsey did at their peak.

IMO, Pulisic is already there, and just needs to figure out his health.  The other 2 we need to wait it out to see whether they keep progressing or stagnate.

=======================

USMNT Only

@usmntonly

Sergino Dest also had the most successful dribbles for Barcelona (5) during El Clásico. 42 of his 44 passes were successful. Dest recovered 6 balls and only committed 1 foul. [OPTA]

• Like 2

Since we talk a lot about Dortmund here, let me go off topic for a second.

We have earlier in the thread talked about a prodigy level player(Youssoufa Moukoko) in their youth system who dominated the U17's at age 14 last year.

He was promoted to the U19s at 15 and is making things look silly.  He has scored a ludicrous 13 goals in his first 4 games.

The clear "pump the breaks" story line is that he is the oldest looking 15 year old ever, so who knows what his real age is....

Then again, even if it off by 3 years and he is really 18, he is still doing fantastic and may get pulled up to the main club next spring.

Edited by NewlyRetired