What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (5 Viewers)

It was a genuine slap in the face to not even get the call-up.

Anybody know if ggggg contacted him at least? I get that he wanted to reward lletget and get him in the mix with the young players...but only Soto and Giochi up front (and kudos to them for making the most of their minutes), it's shocking not to have brought in a guy, in europe, who can't stop scoring goals.

i think he said "they talked"

I get that he's playing in a lousy league, but his quality has never been in doubt and he just turned 30. He's a year younger than Jozy and only like a year older than Zardes.  Up until the emergence of this recent group, you would struggle to find many US attacking players (basically, the list is Donovan and Dempsey) with his sort of skill in the box over the last 15 years or so.

I still think he can contribute to qualifying and I hope he gets a shot.

It was a genuine slap in the face to not even get the call-up.

Anybody know if ggggg contacted him at least? I get that he wanted to reward lletget and get him in the mix with the young players...but only Soto and Giochi up front (and kudos to them for making the most of their minutes), it's shocking not to have brought in a guy, in europe, who can't stop scoring goals.
The search function appears broken again but I think I posted a tweet way back when the roster was released (before Lletget was added) that GGG called Bacon and explained why he was not being called for the camp due to the roster leaning towards a U23 combined squad.

That made some sense until the Lletget call up.

Last edited by a moderator:
So...the scandi leagues shut down over winter, iirc, typically allowing them to join mls players at camp cupcake. Does gg bring him in then?

So...the scandi leagues shut down over winter, iirc, typically allowing them to join mls players at camp cupcake. Does gg bring him in then?
I have not read whether they will be having a Jan camp.  They seem to be having one in early December instead.

Hammerby has three games left so it will be tight as to whether he would be available for the December camp.

Musah right back in the starting lineup for Valencia today.
I hate getting my hopes up for him.

gonzales was a kid I would have liked for the US, but didn't see him as anything more than depth behind SwagAdams. Rossi...damn him. But whatever. musah...Im ready to move Gio around to make room in the starting 11- they all looked soooo good in MF playing together. Daddy wants!

OneGoal

@OneGoalUS

Update on Uly Llanez (19). The USMNT winger was not included in Heerenveen’s squad today as he is currently in quarantine after a positive COVID test on the team

Must be a night for injury time goals.  This one is from Pepi to tie it late

https://streamable.com/x2hrh8
That first burst was nice.

Pepi's another kid up front that we've been waiting on to be an option up there based on how he's looked at the youth level.

I haven't watched any DAL games...do you have a sense of he's still improving? 

I watched a couple minutes of the MIN v COl game and saw Bassett for the first time. But he didn't do anything in those minutes.

That first burst was nice.

Pepi's another kid up front that we've been waiting on to be an option up there based on how he's looked at the youth level.

I haven't watched any DAL games...do you have a sense of he's still improving? 

I watched a couple minutes of the MIN v COl game and saw Bassett for the first time. But he didn't do anything in those minutes.
I have not watched enough to make an informed decision on Pepi.

I'll let the barca regulars chime in, and while it's still messi and barca, messi doesn't look like he's having fun the couple games I've watched. And the team doesn't look like it's playing dominant soccer...hoping Dest isn't seen as a figurehead or harbinger of the team's decline. (Caveat... I've only seen a few games since dest joined, so I could be of about all of that)

Lampard said today that they expect to have Pulisic available this coming weekend against Spurs.
I’ve seen this reported in multiple places, but his actual quote is a bit less certain.

‘Christian stays back and doesn’t travel but the good news he has had good progression in the last week. The reason he is staying back is to get some physical work in to hopefully have him ready for selection for this weekend and onwards.’

Roger Gonzalez

@RGonzalezCBS

Expecting a lot of Americans to get some minutes in the #ChampionsLeague this week. Reports in Italy say Weston McKennie will start for Juve. Gio Reyna's camp is expecting him to start for Borussia Dortmund. Definitely think we see Dest for Barcelona and maybe even Konrad

===================

Derek Rae

@RaeComm

For #USMNT fans, a decent chance Chris Richards will feature for Bayern tomorrow night in the CL against Salzburg, perhaps even start. Guessing what position he might play is a bit more difficult. One of the full back positions most likely

Roger Gonzalez

@RGonzalezCBS

Expecting a lot of Americans to get some minutes in the #ChampionsLeague this week. Reports in Italy say Weston McKennie will start for Juve. Gio Reyna's camp is expecting him to start for Borussia Dortmund. Definitely think we see Dest for Barcelona and maybe even Konrad

===================

Derek Rae

@RaeComm

For #USMNT fans, a decent chance Chris Richards will feature for Bayern tomorrow night in the CL against Salzburg, perhaps even start. Guessing what position he might play is a bit more difficult. One of the full back positions most likely
Gio has a camp?  

At this time, who do you think is our best player out of these 3?  Who is likely to be the best when all is said and done after several years?

Pulisic, McKennie, or Dest? 

I think the answer to both is Dest.
I still think the answer to both is CP, but that first touch when he was receiving the ball back on the goal...great googly moogly.  

At this time, who do you think is our best player out of these 3?  Who is likely to be the best when all is said and done after several years?

Pulisic, McKennie, or Dest? 

I think the answer to both is Dest.
In terms of pure skill....  CP all day.  He made some of the best defenders in the world look pedestrian after the restart.  Go watch his run through Liverpool and you'll have zero doubt about who the most talented USMNT player of all time is.  

As for who will have a better career?  That's all dependent on Pulisic's health.  If he continues to miss half of every season, then I fully expect Adams, McKennie, Gio, and Dest to all have better careers than him.

Dest, Pulisic, Weston and Konrad will all move on to the UCL knock out round.  This ties the record from 16 years ago (DMB, Donovan, Howard and Spector).

Tomorrow, Richards can break the record if Bayern advance.

Gio is almost assured of joining this group.  Adams will be in a dog fight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chelsea has been playing really well and have not lost a game since September.  I am not expecting an even 100% healthy Pulisic to just walk back into the team.  I think he is going to have to do what he did last year and impress as a sub before he will become even a semi regular starter.

We always talk about players taking advantage of opportunities and with Barca's injuries, Dest picked a great day to have a MOM level performance.

Users who are viewing this thread