What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Seinfeld Debut: Twenty-Five Years Ago (1 Viewer)

Best Seinfeld Episode

• Soup Nazi

Votes: 31 13.1%
  • The Merv Griffin Show

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • The Boyfriend

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • The Fusilii Jerry

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Marine Biologist

Votes: 71 30.0%
  • The Contest

Votes: 59 24.9%
  • The Outing

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Junior Mint

Votes: 6 2.5%
  • Puffy Shirt

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Yada Yada Yada

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • The Finale

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Other Episode (list your favorite)

Votes: 9 3.8%
  • Choice Is In Poll #1

Votes: 32 13.5%

• Total voters

Encyclopedia Brown

Footballguy
It was July 5th 1989 when the show first debuted. After that first airing, it did not air again until May of 1990.

I know there are many different rankings of the show, but these are the twenty-five TBS showed this past week in tribute. If you have a favorite not listed, please list it.

Last edited by a moderator:
That list comes from the magazine that TV Guide just released, celebrating the anniversary.

Some of my favorites are missing (The Rye, The Conversion, etc.), but almost all of those listed are so great that I can't imagine which ones I'd take off.

That list comes from the magazine that TV Guide just released, celebrating the anniversary.

Some of my favorites are missing (The Rye, The Conversion, etc.), but almost all of those listed are so great that I can't imagine which ones I'd take off.
I got it from the TBS site. Unfortunately, I didn't see it until today, or else I would have DVR'd a few of the episodes.

I had to look it up, but "The Fire" is up there. Jerry goes to heckle a woman at work, George fights off women and children to escape a fire at the birthday party, and perhaps the greatest minute and a half in television, Kramer tells the story about him driving a bus to save the pinkey toe.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had to look it up, but "The Fire" is up there. Jerry goes to heckle a woman at work, George fights off women and children to escape a fire at the birthday party, and perhaps the greatest minute and a half in television, Kramer tells the story about him driving a bus to save the pinkey toe.
So you feel that in this day and age "women and children first " is somewhat of an antiquated notion?

They're all phenomenal. The wife and I still watch it regularly - I'd have to say the Hamptons is one of my favorites. The shrinkage + the breathtaking baby crack me up every time.

Bubble Boy. The wife's favorite, and probably my second, is the one where Jerry puts on thick glasses at the theater.

I don't have a clear favorite. I went with The Opposite but could have just as easily selected one of 5 or 6 others.

So you feel that in this day and age "women and children first " is somewhat of an antiquated notion?
It took a couple of viewings to see Eric the Clown was played by Jon Faveau. Thank God for hid big shoe.

Really? That's your takeaway from this post?

Tibetan Sherpa said:
Ned Ryerson said:
Tibetan Sherpa said:
Uh that's the line from the show

Tibetan Sherpa said:
Ned Ryerson said:
Tibetan Sherpa said:
Tibetan Sherpa said:
Ned Ryerson said:
Tibetan Sherpa said:
I'm not the Seinfeld expert I thought I was. Sorry!

mon said:
Bubble Boy. The wife's favorite, and probably my second, is the one where Jerry puts on thick glasses at the theater.
Good one...The Gum.

"It's a perfectly sane food to eat!"

I liked the little kicks when George was a bad boy. Jerry was a bootlegger. Elaine crazy danced. Cry, Cry, again.

Tibetan Sherpa said:
Ned Ryerson said:
Tibetan Sherpa said:
:spittake:

:lmao:

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/seinfelds-25th-anniversary-25-actors-forgot-show/story?id=24417499

Stifler's Mom - I had to look it up. Looks nothing like her.

Michael Chiklis - no way, never would have guessed that was him.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/samir/people-you-probably-didnt-know-were-on-seinfeld

Jin from LOST - woah!

Thomas Dekker - kid with the signed Yankees birthday card was on Heroes and Terminator: Sarah Conner Chronicles - woah!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rjd6A-MY6dY

This stuff never gets old.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/seinfelds-25th-anniversary-25-actors-forgot-show/story?id=24417499

Stifler's Mom - I had to look it up. Looks nothing like her.

Michael Chiklis - no way, never would have guessed that was him.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/samir/people-you-probably-didnt-know-were-on-seinfeld

Jin from LOST - woah!

Thomas Dekker - kid with the signed Yankees birthday card was on Heroes and Terminator: Sarah Conner Chronicles - woah!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rjd6A-MY6dY

This stuff never gets old.
Did not realize that Denise Richards was the NBC president's hot daughter.

Did not realize that the bald homeless guy was Uncle Rico.

Megan Mullally and Jon Favreau were totally unrecognizable.

"You're gonna need to do something for me."

"I know. Get out of this bed one day and walk again!"

"Yeah that'd be nice but what I really need is this card."

Reading this just now reminded me that "The Deal" is probably the most underrated episode since it didn't even make the poll.

http://grantland.com/hollywood-prospectus/seinfeld-25th-anniversary-appreciation-jerry-seinfeld/

This entire segment is amazing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLmrpctTvmc

---

Jerry: We've designed a set of rules, that we can maintain the friendship by avoiding all of the relationship pitfalls.

George: All right, all right. Tell me the rules.

Jerry: Okay. No calls the NEXT day.

George: ......So you're having sex, next day you don't have to call. That's pretty good....Go ahead.

Jerry: You ready for the second one?

George: I have tell you, I'm very impressed with the first one.

Users who are viewing this thread